Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

I think the reason may be that she secretly taped a one on one with Andy on WWHL. Later it was played on a blog site.  Someone with a better memory that I have can hopefully fill in details. 

I’ve never been afraid to knock Jill for any reason back then.  What I will say at this time is I think Jill should do Jill whatever that is.  IMO it’s hard enough to survive day to day when a loved one is seriously ill.  When the inevitable happens a whole new type of survival is needed.   

ETA:  I tried to do two separate posts here but they merged.  ???  giggling .... I realize I don’t post much .... but ... what did I do?

I remember that, too.  

If I'm not mistaken, Jill said she recorded it in case Andy/Bravo fucked with the editing so she would have the "real" interview or something to that effect.

I think up until that point, Andy/Bravo were kind of test running Jill's return, but her surreptitiously taping the WWHL interview blew that chance all to hell.  

I could kind of understand why she did it because it's no secret Bravo has expert editing monkeys, but I believe WWHL is live so I don't think there would have been any opportunity for the editing she was reportedly concerned about...and also what kind of an idiot would go around admitting they had secretly taped it and had been ready to use it for "evidence."  Well, besides Jill.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's brought back if Andy/Bravo think it will generate ratings because that's what their game is all about.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

Bethenny also reamed Sonja out when she tried to "mentor" her a season or 2 before TG came along, she mocked Sonja left and right.

Yes, Beth was nasty to Sonja when the former first returned to the show - she lost her shit on Sonja during a dinner while they were on vacation, and then again went in on Sonja unnecessarily at another dinner (apparently skinnybitch's go-to method to avoid eating) to the point that Heather had to console an upset Sonja and tell Beth to back off.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I remember that, too.  

If I'm not mistaken, Jill said she recorded it in case Andy/Bravo fucked with the editing so she would have the "real" interview or something to that effect.

I think up until that point, Andy/Bravo were kind of test running Jill's return, but her surreptitiously taping the WWHL interview blew that chance all to hell.  

I could kind of understand why she did it because it's no secret Bravo has expert editing monkeys, but I believe WWHL is live so I don't think there would have been any opportunity for the editing she was reportedly concerned about...and also what kind of an idiot would go around admitting they had secretly taped it and had been ready to use it for "evidence."  Well, besides Jill.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's brought back if Andy/Bravo think it will generate ratings because that's what their game is all about.  

Even back then, not all WWHL were "live"! LOL 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, ladle said:

It's not just you.  It's the worst.  Maybe ever, from any RH franchise.  In fact, all of the taglines blow this season, except for Lu's.  I find it hard to believe that the same writers who adorably titled this episode couldn't have done better, but then maybe they wanted to portray Tinsley as just as vapid as she is.

That's up for debate..her first season tagline was idiotic too

A good set of lashes can fix anything…even a mugshot.

• Love 1
On 6/19/2018 at 2:19 PM, Ki-in said:

I think Carole is persona non grata with the Kennedy's since she wrote her book. If she was we'd see her at events etc. They want nothing to do with someone who sold their story and is on a trashy tv show (no matter how trashy their own lives are it's not for public consumption). Carolyn Bessette hated the press and the tabloids and the fact that Carole dredges up her name on not one but two tacky psychic shows is mortifying. How sad for her parents and remaining sister to have to sit back while this person who has no real proof they were best friends makes all sorts of declarations and again...went on two psychic shows. So much for a lauded journalism career, she is a Real Housewife to the core.

Exactly, I said the same thing. She went on both shows pretending like she didn't expect them to bring up Carolyn or John John...meanwhile she brings the BFF ring she used to wear and gives it to one of the psychics to hold to see if they will pick up on anything.

It was a tacky move on her part - she did it for money and did it twice.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, gingerella said:

I doubt Bravo would have gone there without asking first. It's not like it's the funeral of a public figure and all the media outlets will be there. It was the owner of a fabric store and his widow, a former housewife who would love nothing more than to be asked back on the show again. Her sadness I'm sure is real, and it was very clear in the show how much they adored each other, but she is so calculating that one cannot help wonder if her wording and interaction with B was carefully thought out. "What am I going to do?" If only Andy would give her back her place on RHNY, she could go on...Except, no thank you. Let her focus on the fabric business.

Sad as it might sound, and I sincerely don't say it to be bitchy, but I can totally see Jill getting back on the show after her comments to B at the funeral, and her saying to Andy, "Bobby would be SO HAPPY to know I'm back on the show...(Now when are you going to put Ginger's photo in the clubhouse Andy?!?)" The reality is, at least in my opinion, that this show brings out the worst in Jill and she's better off living her life off TV and out of the public eye, no matter how much she might crave the attention.

I don't see Bravo bringing Jill back as a HW.

They used to be able to put up with her diva antics with Bobby as a buffer. With Bobby gone, there's no one to anchor the crazy (behind the scenes)

I can see her making a cameo once or twice a season, but I think that's all they could take.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I remember that, too.  

I seem to remember Jill saying the polls on WWHL were "rigged" and there was a whole brouhaha about Twitter she tried to start saying she had the most followers (it was revealed that she bought most of what are called eggs from various marketing companies)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Actually, I am reading Carole’s book of the tragedy right now.  Just stopped for a minute to check the posts as it’s midnight here.  A very good read so far.  Good night.

The book is fantastic.

That said, lots of people write memoirs and it doesn't make them writers. Writers write. They complain and procrastinate (one of my favorite scenes ever is the procrastination scene in Adaptation - man, did I relate), but they write. A lot. A ton.  I can't even believe that bit of nothingness that she put out in Cosmo. There are writers on the Cosmo staff that put that out on a daily basis, except they write probably 4 or 5 of them a day. And the personal experience story is by far the easiest to produce. No research, no nothing. Just navel gazing. Additionally, Cosmo would be happy to have anyone with a name write something like that for them because it will inevitably increase sales and, more importantly, clicks. I do this for a living - the celeb angle (including C and D list) is a guaranteed lift. EVERY time. 

Each time we see Carole talk about writing, it strikes me that she needs a different line of work (I'm not sure it qualifies as it is.) She seems far happier being a reality tv star than she does a writer. Which is fine, btw.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

The book is fantastic.

That said, lots of people write memoirs and it doesn't make them writers. Writers write. They complain and procrastinate (one of my favorite scenes ever is the procrastination scene in Adaptation - man, did I relate), but they write. A lot. A ton.  I can't even believe that bit of nothingness that she put out in Cosmo. There are writers on the Cosmo staff that put that out on a daily basis, except they write probably 4 or 5 of them a day. And the personal experience story is by far the easiest to produce. No research, no nothing. Just navel gazing. Additionally, Cosmo would be happy to have anyone with a name write something like that for them because it will inevitably increase sales and, more importantly, clicks. I do this for a living - the celeb angle (including C and D list) is a guaranteed lift. EVERY time. 

Each time we see Carole talk about writing, it strikes me that she needs a different line of work (I'm not sure it qualifies as it is.) She seems far happier being a reality tv star than she does a writer. Which is fine, btw.

IMO, the problem is that Carole is a "reporter" at heart, not a "writer" and there is a difference. Carole can write about facts/events/real life things but not books (other than her WR). She needs to get back to reporting and leave writing books/fluff articles to those that can.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, the problem is that Carole is a "reporter" at heart, not a "writer" and there is a difference. Carole can write about facts/events/real life things but not books (other than her WR). She needs to get back to reporting and leave writing books/fluff articles to those that can.

I'm not sure what evidence there is of that? WR is the best thing she's done. There are a ton of people who have been producers on a news team at young ages who then go on to do many other things. I'm not discounting what she did with her news gig - I have always defended her against those who said she wasn't a journalist because she wasn't in front of the camera (not even sort of what qualifies one as a journalist.) But I've not seen any indication that she would be a good reporter. I have 30 reporters who work for me and it is grinding, deadline-driven, hard-as-nails, demanding work. I can't imagine her having the drive for it. Maybe she did once, but I can't see it now.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I'm not sure what evidence there is of that? WR is the best thing she's done. There are a ton of people who have been producers on a news team at young ages who then go on to do many other things. I'm not discounting what she did with her news gig - I have always defended her against those who said she wasn't a journalist because she wasn't in front of the camera (not even sort of what qualifies one as a journalist.) But I've not seen any indication that she would be a good reporter. I have 30 reporters who work for me and it is grinding, deadline-driven, hard-as-nails, demanding work. I can't imagine her having the drive for it. Maybe she did once, but I can't see it now.

I used the wrong term, "journalist" is the correct term but I think she could be a reporter as well but on smaller, more local stories.

15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly, I said the same thing. She went on both shows pretending like she didn't expect them to bring up Carolyn or John John...meanwhile she brings the BFF ring she used to wear and gives it to one of the psychics to hold to see if they will pick up on anything.

It was a tacky move on her part - she did it for money and did it twice.

Which two psychic shows did Carole appear on to discuss JFK, Jr. and Bessette? Thank you!