Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20 Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I want to find out about the memo that Fin showed to Dodds, I want to see Dodds again, he hasn’t even been referenced this season. 

YES!!  I think I remember reading before the season started that it would be coming up again. I can't remember if it came from Julie Martin or Chernuchin. 

I have this mental image of Dodds Sr keeping track of all of SVU's misdeeds and plans to bring the hammer down on them at some point.  And it's going to be ugly!!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

YES!!  I think I remember reading before the season started that it would be coming up again. I can't remember if it came from Julie Martin or Chernuchin. 

I have this mental image of Dodds Sr keeping track of all of SVU's misdeeds and plans to bring the hammer down on them at some point.  And it's going to be ugly!!

I saw on Twitter the other day that Julie Martin said that they haven’t forgotten the memo, however they haven’t even referenced Chief Dodds this season, it’s like they’ve forgotten he exists. I want him back and I don’t want him to become a villain, he’s always interesting and I like him.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dttruman said:

Will this Jussie Smollett situation (that is still playing out), become an episode by the end of the season or will it be the first episode of next season?

They won’t do an episode based on it IMO because the whole thing turned out to be a hoax, and that doesn’t fit with the political agenda that MH wants to push. It would be a great plot for the Hate Crimes spin-off, but like I say they won’t do it IMO, or if they do they will spin it so the character based on Smollett is somehow a victim.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

They won’t do an episode based on it IMO because the whole thing turned out to be a hoax, and that doesn’t fit with the political agenda that MH wants to push. It would be a great plot for the Hate Crimes spin-off, but like I say they won’t do it IMO, or if they do they will spin it so the character based on Smollett is somehow a victim.

Wasn't there an episode from SVU, where some girl was raped and didn't report it because (and help me here) she either committed suicide or was afraid to press charges. Then one of her friends put herself in a similar situation, but then claimed there was a rape (a hoax) in order to get justice for her friend.

Can't be sure, but didn't Kathy Griffin portray a lesbian who concocted a hoax in order to bring more attention to lesbians being raped, assaulted,or killed in the area?

• Love 1

I don’t remember the Kathy Griffin character committing a hoax. And I don’t remember the first episode you are talking about either, parts of it sound like the episode Spectacle where a rape was staged, but it wasn’t to draw attention to another rape. 

Like I’ve said, since Mariska became a producer and is pretty much in charge of the show, they will not do stories that contradict the agenda they want to push, and the Smollett hoax is the exact opposite of the agenda they want to push. So they will probably ignore it completely, and if they do happen to rip it from the headlines, there is a 100% chance that either the Smollett character will really be a victim, or even though his story is a hoax he will be made out to be the victim of an evil bigoted white male who’s the real villain of the story somehow.

Because of Mariska’s influence the show will never do certain kinds of episodes, such as false allegations, because it doesn’t fit in with the SJW agenda she wants to push. SVU still has some good episodes but Mariska’s agenda prevents the show from doing certain types of episodes that would be interesting.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t remember the Kathy Griffin character committing a hoax. And I don’t remember the first episode you are talking about either, parts of it sound like the episode Spectacle where a rape was staged, but it wasn’t to draw attention to another rape. 

Like I’ve said, since Mariska became a producer and is pretty much in charge of the show

I think these happen before MH was an EP.

I can't remember if there was any rape, but she pretended to be a lesbian and was pushing a lesbian agenda while she was seeing some guy on the side. I think that was the "hoax".

The other one, I am pretty sure had to do with Hudson University.

• Love 1

I do remember one which involved a famous...athlete (?) in which one friend was raped & couldn't prove it & the friend who had "camera glasses" (eyeglasses that look normal, but can record things) tried to get the athlete to do the same thing to her as with the friend (ie just pick him up innocently, but go to his hotel room where he would try to force himself on her, but she'd get it on camera), but can't remember which L&O series it was. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I do remember one which involved a famous...athlete (?)

40 minutes ago, illdoc said:

but can't remember which L&O series it was. 

There are so many damn episodes. I can only remember bits and pieces of some of these episodes, don't even bother asking me the titles!

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, illdoc said:

I do remember one which involved a famous...athlete (?) in which one friend was raped & couldn't prove it & the friend who had "camera glasses" (eyeglasses that look normal, but can record things) tried to get the athlete to do the same thing to her as with the friend (ie just pick him up innocently, but go to his hotel room where he would try to force himself on her, but she'd get it on camera), but can't remember which L&O series it was. 

Are you talking about Comic Perversion, where the rape joke comic turned out to be a predator? The stuff about the camera glasses sounds like how that dude was exposed, and it was at Hudson U. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Are you talking about Comic Perversion, where the rape joke comic turned out to be a predator? The stuff about the camera glasses sounds like how that dude was exposed, and it was at Hudson U. 

Yeah that's what I thought, a horrible episode really showing how extreme the show's agenda is these days. I remember the Katy Griffin ep from the Stabler years largely because she tries to kiss Olivia but sadly they chickened out  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2019 at 5:52 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Like I’ve said, since Mariska became a producer and is pretty much in charge of the show, they will not do stories that contradict the agenda they want to push, and the Smollett hoax is the exact opposite of the agenda they want to push. So they will probably ignore it completely, and if they do happen to rip it from the headlines, there is a 100% chance that either the Smollett character will really be a victim, or even though his story is a hoax he will be made out to be the victim of an evil bigoted white male who’s the real villain of the story somehow.

Because of Mariska’s influence the show will never do certain kinds of episodes, such as false allegations, because it doesn’t fit in with the SJW agenda she wants to push. SVU still has some good episodes but Mariska’s agenda prevents the show from doing certain types of episodes that would be interesting.

You said agenda four times 

• Love 2
(edited)

Chief Dodds is coming back in the episode Blackout!!!!!!! YES!!!! Let’s just hope he doesn’t become a villain. This episode will also be interesting as one of the recurring defense attorneys will be the victim of the week.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 3

Shiri Appleby will be making another guest appearance, and Lucy Liu will be directing.

Episode 19, Dearly Beloved.

04/04/2019 (10:00PM – 11:00PM) (Thursday) : The SVU investigates a he-said, she-said case when a woman crashes a wedding to accuse her therapist of sexual assault. Starring Mariska Hargitay, Kelli Giddish and Peter Scanavino. Guest starring Shiri Appleby (Kitty Bennett), TJ Thyne (Dr. Joshua Hensley), Maureen Sebastian (Lana Stallworth), Poppy Liu (Hannah Berkowitz) and Garrett Turner (Bo Albrecht). Directed by Lucy Liu.

• Love 1

Some info on next week's ep and the final four episodes of the season.  Titus Welliver is back!

There isn’t all that much information out there about the final four episodes of the season just yet, but one exciting thing is confirmed already — you are going to be seeing Titus Welliver back as Rob Miller for the final couple of episodes of the season. That’s some bad news for Benson, mostly because he’s going to have a pretty intense vendetta against her. She and Dodds put him away for what he did to Nikki Staines — as they should have — but we know that Miller is a pretty bad guy. He’s dangerous, he pulls strings, and he may cause all sorts of chaos coming up.

https://cartermatt.com/359095/law-order-svu-season-20-episode-20-preview-the-good-girl/

Joy.  More drah-ma for Benson to chew.  Meanwhile, Carisi will be sitting over in the corner, twiddling his thumbs....  Prove me wrong, Show!  I dare ya!

• Love 1

I’m not excited to learn that Miller is coming back, he wasn’t very interesting and I’m not looking forward to more St Olivia drama. I do hope this means Dodds is coming back. I wonder if Miller’s return will have something to do with Stone’s exit?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Some info on next week's ep and the final four episodes of the season.  Titus Welliver is back!

https://cartermatt.com/359095/law-order-svu-season-20-episode-20-preview-the-good-girl/

Joy.  More drah-ma for Benson to chew.  Meanwhile, Carisi will be sitting over in the corner, twiddling his thumbs....  Prove me wrong, Show!  I dare ya!

I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Carisi will be standing behind Benson, providing exposition...

8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m not excited to learn that Miller is coming back, he wasn’t very interesting and I’m not looking forward to more St Olivia drama. I do hope this means Dodds is coming back. I wonder if Miller’s return will have something to do with Stone’s exit?

Yeah not looking forward to this. Especially dreading that they will somehow manage to turn this into another hostage situation somehow. I'm also worried that they will use this to write off Chief Dodds and redeem him for the sin of doubting Benson by sacrificing himself. Peter Gallagher probably does make more than scale after all...

• Love 3

I don’t see them writing off both Dodds and Stone in the same episode, that would be very difficult to do, I think Dodds is safe, I certainly hope so, I will be beyond pissed if they kill him off or ruin his character, I really like him. 

I’m very curious to see if Miller’s return has anything to do with Stone’s exit, but I’m not excited that Miller is back, he wasn’t very compelling and I’m not looking forward to more St Benson drama. If Dodds come back that would be a plus though.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2019 at 11:15 AM, Xeliou66 said:

I wonder if Miller’s return will have something to do with Stone’s exit?

Ooh, that's possible.  I hadn't considered that.  I doubt they'd kill off Stone.  Chernuchin seems to like him so much, and it'd be just a little bit much to wipe out the entire Stone family in little over a year.  I kind of doubt they'd give it much play onscreen - This is Benson's Arena of Pain, after all. - but it might be the catalyst for Stone leaving in the background.  My guess is they'll say Stone is going back to Chicago, even if there's no show for PW to go to.  They never need lawyers on Chicago P.D.?

20 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I'm willing to bet you're wrong. Carisi will be standing behind Benson, providing exposition...

Hee!  Possible, possible, but you know he'll follow it up by twiddling his thumbs.  No story for Carisi!

20 hours ago, wknt3 said:

I'm also worried that they will use this to write off Chief Dodds and redeem him for the sin of doubting Benson by sacrificing himself. 

Man, I hope they don't kill off Dodds (That'd be cruel, too, after killing off his son.) or otherwise oust him.  I like him a lot.  He's an interesting character, and provides a necessary authority over Benson that she needs more of, not less.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Man, I hope they don't kill off Dodds (That'd be cruel, too, after killing off his son.) or otherwise oust him.  I like him a lot.  He's an interesting character, and provides a necessary authority over Benson that she needs more of, not less.

I doubt they'd kill him, but I could certainly see him being forced out somehow so Benson can Take!It!Personally! before triumphing in the end. I don't think it's a good idea as he is interesting and ideally we'd see more, not less of him as part of seeing Benson actually doing more CO type things instead of out in the field all the time, but that seems unlikely. Being an authority figure is part of why I worry that they'd go that route, as antagonism between the brass and SVU has been the usual state of affairs for most of the show's run and they seem to be trying to go back to the way things used to be (or at least as close they can be with Benson being front and center at all times and 1/2 the budget.) Also there is the whole thing where Mariska doesn't seem to like anybody standing up to Benson who isn't clearly a villain.

• Love 3