Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20 Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

Someone here on PTV was shipping Carisi and Barba.  Barisi?  Carba?  Anyway, Sister Carisi was a pretty dominating gal, IIRC.  I don't want a Carisi soap either.

There were plenty of people shipping Barba/Carisi actually. The 2 did have good chemistry, but I’ve never seen Carisi as giving off a gay vibe, Barba I could see though. We’ve met 2 of Carisi’s sisters. I like Carisi, but I don’t want a Carisi soap either and I really don’t want to see Carisi start having anger issues or family problems like Stabler and Amaro. I would like to see them explore some of the trauma Carisi has been through, as long as it doesn’t get soapy. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

There were plenty of people shipping Barba/Carisi actually. The 2 did have good chemistry, but I’ve never seen Carisi as giving off a gay vibe, Barba I could see though. We’ve met 2 of Carisi’s sisters. I like Carisi, but I don’t want a Carisi soap either and I really don’t want to see Carisi start having anger issues or family problems like Stabler and Amaro. I would like to see them explore some of the trauma Carisi has been through, as long as it doesn’t get soapy. 

I didn't get gay from Carisi either.  Our Sonny deserves a nice (Italian) girl, or any nice girl.  :)

Raul Esparza is bi IRL so I think it would have been more interesting to let him be that on the show, instead of turning into Benson's Bitch Lap-Puppydog.  Barba was such a nifty little Dapper Don dresser; that shouldn't have been for nothing!  LOL

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like Carisi, but I don’t want a Carisi soap either and I really don’t want to see Carisi start having anger issues or family problems like Stabler and Amaro.

Amen to that!  Stabler's anger issues made me hate him and the show to the point where I stopped watching for many, many seasons.  Till he was gone.  Then they had to make Amaro into Stabler-Lite.  I'm not up for round three, especially not with Carisi.  Cops with those kinds of anger issues shouldn't be on the force, and, with Carisi, it's just not him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Amen to that!  Stabler's anger issues made me hate him and the show to the point where I stopped watching for many, many seasons.  Till he was gone.  Then they had to make Amaro into Stabler-Lite.  I'm not up for round three, especially not with Carisi.  Cops with those kinds of anger issues shouldn't be on the force, and, with Carisi, it's just not him.

Absolutely!!!! I came to loathe Stabler, I hated his never ending family melodrama, and he became nothing more than a civil rights violating thug with a badge who thought he was above the law and constantly got away with illegal crap, his final seasons were the show’s worst, it was entirely about him and Benson, the storylines were over the top and terrible for the most part, and Stabler was just intolerable. The show felt much fresher when he left. Amaro then became Stabler 2.0 and I was very glad when he left, and I like how Carisi is a different kind of detective than they are. Please don’t turn Carisi into another Stabler/Amaro, don’t turn his life into a soap, and ditch the fucking Carisi/Rollins ship!!!!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

At this point, I think Carisi and Rollins are more like brother and sister; them getting together would be kind of incestuous now.

I don’t know what to make of the Carisi/Rollins relationship after that pointless, weird, god awful subplot in Intent. Why the fuck thought that was a good idea, pure soapy drivel. And Carisi can do so much better than unethical self absorbed fuck up trainwreck Rollins, I’m really sick of Rollins and her constant personal drama, she isn’t qualified to be on SVU IMO.

• Love 1

Stabler turned into a major league bleep in the end. And really can't stand to watch the latter episodes with him. Liked him at first. But then he was setting a bad role model for his children.  As really glad they got rid of him. But hear he may come back in the series finale whenever THAT is!

• Love 1

Just read an article about yet another actor joining the cast for a "recurring" role. Mark Tallman is playing Gavin Riley, the Chief of Detectives who is apparently on the fast track to becoming Governor and wants to " make his presence felt and his name known". Isn't this the second or third actor that is joining the cast for a "recurring" role? That means these guys are not just COTW visitors. So far, we have Rollins on/off doctor boyfriend, a businessman that, IMO, is probably a new hookup for Benson ( he looks age/size appropriate) and now this guy, Chief of Detectives who is politically ambitious, and Dodds and Benson's "boss". What do you want to bet he will fall in with Benson's weekly crusades and use them to further  his career agenda? It's too much to hope he will ride herd on Benson and force her to be a professional....we can dream. Anyway, season twenty is cramming a whole lot of new characters in for what looks like a whole tv year of ongoing story arcs. Well, we wanted some fresh people on the show....looks like we're getting all of them at once! Damn! Barba must have left a huge gap!

• Love 1

RollinsRollins....the doctor boyfriend of Rollins that was briefly referred to last season ( as a dog) is going to be a recurring character this season. I'm guessing...baby daddy #2?                               And Oh Boy! Has anybody seen the Season 20 poster out now for SVU? It's a WTF? Unless MH managed to not only have extensive cosmetic work done on her face, but also have breast reduction surgery, grow her hair about four inches, Aaaand lost about fifty pounds, all on a two and a half month hiatus, they've put her head on the body of a 25 year old! Swear ta Buddha. LMAO!

• Love 1

Another new recurring character...  Yay?  Not.  Because I just know all these newbies will mean less airtime for Carisi.  I mean, are any of these guys likely to feature in stories centered around Carisi?  I'm thinking no.  (Why, yes, it is all about Carisi for me, why do you ask?  ::g::)  

I thought Chief Dodds was the Chief of Detectives?

• Love 1

No, Dodds is the Deputy Chief of all the SVU units, he’s not in charge of all the detectives. That being said, I’m worried that this character will assume Dodds position and Dodds will be turned into a villain, I’m afraid they are going that route which I hate since I like Dodds. 

Interesting piece of news about season 20 : Mark Jefferies, Stone’s boss from Chicago Justice, is going to make an appearance on SVU this season! I look forward to seeing him interact with Stone again, I liked him on Justice.

• Love 1

Thanks, Xeliou66!  I like Dodds/PG, too, so I hope they don't mess with him.  I honestly don't see the point of a Chief of Detectives being inserted into the mix, but, hey, they didn't ask me.

Apart from the whole decided lack of Carisi in any of these info bits coming out about the new season, which is admittedly a big negative for me, none of these castings or story directions sound interesting to me.  I dunno, they had a winning formula in Seasons 13-17, then, with Leight gone, it's all just fallen apart.  I'm not confident in the current regime, but I'm there as long as Carisi is.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, RollinsRollins said:

I am curious to know how they will handle the pregnancy of Giddish , two children with two non-existent fathers seems too much!

Probably have Rollins get in trouble again.

That leads to her being being on Desk Duty.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Probably have Rollins get in trouble again.

That leads to her being being on Desk Duty.

I thought like a kidnapping or something like that,so  she can stay away at least for two episodes ... I hope no more

There are two actors who are going to have recurring roles....that means they aren't crimes of the week. One, is going to be the Doctor boyfriend Rollins referred to last season. There's only one reason for him to keep showing up during the season....Rollins pregnancy. The other actor has a recurring role as a successful businessman. He isn't a crime of the week either. In a recent interview MH said this season Benson was going to do something she's never done before. My guess is, she's going to hook up with someone NOT with NYPD or the DA's Office. It's clear to me these two actors are going to show up during the season because they are part of Rollins and Benson's personal story arcs, and that's the only reason they are showing up. To explain Rollins pregnancy (has this sex crimes detective ever heard of birth control..seriously?) and to give us yet another love interest for Benson because we just adore episodes about Benson's sex life. One actor to explain Rollins pregnancy and the other to remind us Benson is still a sexually desirable goddess to all men. That's it for those two actors.

• Love 3

I’m sick of the sex lives of Benson and Rollins and their revolving door of boyfriends and their fucking brats. I wish this show would go back to being about the cases and not super mommies Benson and Rollins. More of Carisi, Fin and Stone, less of the sex lives of Benson and Rollins.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m sick of the sex lives of Benson and Rollins and their revolving door of boyfriends and their fucking brats. I wish this show would go back to being about the cases and not super mommies Benson and Rollins. More of Carisi, Fin and Stone, less of the sex lives of Benson and Rollins.

You described why I quit watching completely. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Jaded said:

You described why I quit watching completely. 

I still watch because I’m a huge L&O fan and it’s the last remaining show in the franchise, but I have major issues with SVU now, I’m beyond sick of Benson and Rollins, they are both unlikable, self righteous, hypocritical stuck up assholes, and I’m sick of their brats getting so much screen time and their revolving door of boyfriends and how every man finds them attractive. I love Stone, Fin and Carisi, give us more of them please, but this show wants to appeal to soap opera loving females so Benson and Rollins are shoved down our throats.

• Love 3

Sounds like we are going to be getting a heaping dose of  personal drama again this season.  Is Kelli Giddish  pregnant again in real life? I don't think I read any confirmed reports.  My question is: why do they feel to need to write in her pregnancies?  They could easily have hid them, and written in her maternity leave as being suspended for her multiple digressions.  That would be more realistic than Rollins' obvious dislike of birth control and STD protection.  They ruined the Murphy character for me when they made him the 1st baby daddy.

I would love more Carisi and Fin- focused storylines, too.  They both shine when they are the leads in a case.  I get that Ice T has other outside projects that may limit him but what about Carisi?  He seems to be a fan favorite, more popular than Rollins; give him more to do! 

• Love 3

The only other pregnancies in the franchise as a whole I can think of were Mariska Hargitay's ages ago (and Stabler had a temporary partner while Olivia was off doing whatever), Kelli Giddish with her first pregnancy, and Kathryn Erbe over on CI, where Eames was a surrogate for her sister and Goren was paired with Bishop while she was gone.

The franchise managed to not have Olivia pregnant and managed an (IMO!) ingenious way for Eames to be pregnant but not be saddled with a child.

So why the sudden willingness to have Rollins with (potentially, as we are not sure...but likely with a boyfriend in the picture) two kids? It's not necessary at all.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Sounds like we are going to be getting a heaping dose of  personal drama again this season.  Is Kelli Giddish  pregnant again in real life? I don't think I read any confirmed reports.  My question is: why do they feel to need to write in her pregnancies?  They could easily have hid them, and written in her maternity leave as being suspended for her multiple digressions.  That would be more realistic than Rollins' obvious dislike of birth control and STD protection.  They ruined the Murphy character for me when they made him the 1st baby daddy.

I would love more Carisi and Fin- focused storylines, too.  They both shine when they are the leads in a case.  I get that Ice T has other outside projects that may limit him but what about Carisi?  He seems to be a fan favorite, more popular than Rollins; give him more to do! 

I don’t know if Giddish is pregnant again or not, but that would make sense as to why they are bringing on her ex, to show her next baby daddy. Rollins is a complete fuck up all around, but this show wants to appeal to female viewers who love soapy storylines, that’s why they write Rollins’ pregnancies in, this show wants to be the super mommy show with Benson and Rollins saving the world and playing super mommy, they want to show how wonderful motherhood is for some reason and I’m sure we will get some preaching about how Rollins having 2 baby daddies doesn’t make her a slut thrown in for good measure. I’m sick of the Benson/Rollins soap and the heavy handed agenda’s of this show. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Is Kelli Giddish  pregnant again in real life? I don't think I read any confirmed reports. 

I haven't been able to find anything either, even solid but unconfirmed reports which is one of the reasons I hadn't yet replied.

Carisi did get more to do last season - he actually cracked a few cases and got some solid material, unlike last year where he seemed to be Benson's personal assistant (since he was young enough to do the running and cheap enough to appear in every episode. And I don't think It's Ice-T's outside projects that have kept him in the background. He also got some actual episodes focused on him this year and there was a lot of stuff that was shot and never made it on screen in Seasons 18 and 19 plus the whole Ranger episode in Season 18 that was supposed to be Fin-centric where he was there all the time. I think it's some combination of burnout on the part of the actor and writers and TPTB not wanting to focus on characters other than Benson (which is why there was some improvement this past season).)

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So why the sudden willingness to have Rollins with (potentially, as we are not sure...but likely with a boyfriend in the picture) two kids? It's not necessary at all.

It's a puzzler all right. I mean you've just spent considerable time rebooting the character and trying to make us forget how off the rails you went with her personal life, so why would you go back to that well? Especially when by avoiding that you can have Rollisi happening off screen for the viewers that want it while those that don't can just see them as friends/colleagues/surrogate family and the time can be spent on cases? Since I don't see them not doing personal life subplots for Benson and Stone. Personally if Giddish is expecting I would strongly prefer that they just change camera angles and add some potted plants to the squad room. And when it gets to a certain point they can just pull a Belzer and have Benson announce every episode that Rollins is in court. The only way I would want to see another Rollins baby is if Donal Logue is done with Gotham early enough and wants to come back. And even then my Donal Logue love only barely overcomes by Rollins soap hate.

14 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Is Kelli Giddish  pregnant again in real life? I don't think I read any confirmed reports.

she has not yet announced her pregnancy but  I saw pictures of her with  pregnant belly,I think she is pregnant at 5/6 month.

Edited by RollinsRollins
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The only other pregnancies in the franchise as a whole I can think of were Mariska Hargitay's ages ago (and Stabler had a temporary partner while Olivia was off doing whatever), Kelli Giddish with her first pregnancy, and Kathryn Erbe over on CI, where Eames was a surrogate for her sister and Goren was paired with Bishop while she was gone.

Julianne Nicholson also had a pregnancy written into CI.  I think the father was a fiancee she had just broken up with when it was discovered he was some kind of criminal?  Alicia Witt was her maternity leave replacement?

I remember two Benson pregnancy workarounds.  A transfer to computer crimes where she sat behind a comically huge monitor to conceal the pregnancy bump, and a stint going undercover to bust a ring of eco-terrorists.  Maybe those were strung together consecutively to make one long maternity leave?

27 minutes ago, RollinsRollins said:

do not think anyone has said that pregnancy will be written, so all this hatred and strong words seem excessive ... in this forum there are no moderators?

Agreed, and apparently not.

• Love 2

This isn't hatred being expressed, it's disgust. Many have long since gotten sick of the over emphasis on the personal stories and sex lives of the characters, especially Benson and Rollins. It just looks like with the addition of two recurring male characters who have no reason to be there other than to be involved in personal story arcs about Benson and Rollins, the show is again giving us more of what makes us gag, not less. Instead of backing off, they ramp it up. And once again, many are going to be disgusted by this extreme concentration on the love lives of Benson and Rollins. However kiddies, we must remember, this show sailed into soap opera land years ago, aaaaaand so it goes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JyDanzig said:

Julianne Nicholson also had a pregnancy written into CI.

I knew I forgot someone! Thanks. But her first one, thankfully, was not written in. Wheeler ended up flying to Europe because one of her old money-laundering or whatever cases pre-Major Case hit a snag, and they needed her for a bit. It's where she met the fiancé and around the time Logan was paired with Falacci.

As for the second, it ushered the character off the show, so circumstances were a bit different there.

• Love 1

SVU has always been more flexible and open in showing the personal lives of the squad than the mothership, sometimes to the betterment of the show, i.e. the growing friendship of Rollins and Carisi over 16 and 17, portrayed naturally over the course of a couple seasons rather than bludgeoned into one episode.  And sometimes to the detriment, i.e. Stabler's duller than dull, blander than bland family, circa Season 1, and their heavy-handed attempts to tie in the case of the week with related moral lessons for Stabler and his clan.

I really don't have any problem with seeing the personal lives of the squad as long as it's done with balance and authenticity, and spread out amongst the whole cast, not just Benson and Rollins.  So less of the character assassination, with detectives kidnapping suspects from other countries or verbally abusing victims, less capsule episodes "about Carisi" but really about someone else in his family.  Less Noah, I will say, because we've been to that well ad nauseam (and because, frankly, I find TV kids boring.)  And more organic storytelling for all our guys that works in the background of the cases.  You can do it, Show!  You've done it before.  Just ask Leight.

• Love 2

Saw on the TVShowsOnDVD Facebook page (where updates are now done since the site is no more) that S19 is coming out on September 4th on DVD. However, like S18, it will be a MOD (Manufacture On Demand) DVD.

At least it is being released for those that may want it.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Not everyone has to love the endless soap of Benson, Rollins and their boyfriends and brats. No one was being rude.

No one has been rude to other posters that I've read.  We are critical of the characters, which are fictional.  There is a big issue with Mariska Hargitay in some people's opinions pertaining to her influence on the show on camera and behind the scenes.

I'm not looking forward to any more boyfriends or brats.  If Kelli Giddish is indeed pregnant, a fact I have not been able to see substantiated online in news or gossip sites, I'm hoping her character, Amanda Rollins, doesn't pop out another wunderkind with yet another baby daddy.  The best they could do in my humble opinion is have Baby Daddy Murphy (played by the luscious Donal Logue) have come back to NYC incognito and he and Amanda hit the sheets again.  Maybe this time he could stick around, now that his super secret undercover operation would be over.  (I am one of the very few people in the world who shipped Amanda and Declan!)

No more Noah would be a great reduction in the cast, IMO.  He can be mentioned once in a while, but his story be off screen and not kidnap of the week/child in peril bait anymore.

I don't want to see Benson's hookups either.

• Love 4

Yeah...the Benson/Rollins trainwrecks, hookups, and rugrats have long since gotten tiresome, check that, irksome. It's those OTT personal dramas that turned this into a nightime soap opera. Well that and MH's megaboobs front and center for 90% of the show. :)

• Love 1
On 8/13/2018 at 12:31 AM, Fellaway said:

I really don't have any problem with seeing the personal lives of the squad as long as it's done with balance and authenticity, and spread out amongst the whole cast, not just Benson and Rollins.  So less of the character assassination, with detectives kidnapping suspects from other countries or verbally abusing victims, less capsule episodes "about Carisi" but really about someone else in his family.  Less Noah, I will say, because we've been to that well ad nauseam (and because, frankly, I find TV kids boring.)  And more organic storytelling for all our guys that works in the background of the cases.  You can do it, Show!  You've done it before.  Just ask Leight.

I'm not sure Leight is exactly the best person to ask about this since he was certainly guilty of letting the soapy personal stories take more precedence than they should have. For instance Rollins went off the rails and was left in a place where they had to essentially reboot the character on his watch.  I would have them re-watch the middle Baer years to see how the personal stories can be prominent, but mixed into the background of the cases. Or Season 20 of the mothership. But I will totally agree with you about less Noah by any means necessary!

Edited by wknt3
typos :-(
  • Love 2

We shall have to agree to disagree, wknt3.  :-)  Seasons 13-17 are far and away my favorites.  I will admit my dislike of 1-12 is colored by my dislike of Stabler. (Not of CM, though.  He's awesome.)  Though that's not my only issue with those seasons.  Likewise my love of 16-17 is colored by my love of Carisi.  Though, again, not the only reason I prefer the Leight years.

Here though:

But I will totally agree with you about less Noah by any means necessary!

Yeah, perhaps I'm not reading the right forums, but one thing I've never seen is clamoring for more Noah.  The one good thing they had going on in Benson's personal life, to me, was Tucker, and him they get rid of.

• Love 1

It's official.. Rollins Dr. boyfriend is back and in fact is in the first episode. TVline has a big story posted just now. There is a pic of Rollins and her dog boyfriend and they are hiding her pregnancy...at least at first. The shot is in a coffee shop booth , they are facing each other, their sides to camera. Rollins has her outside leg crossed over her other and something like a sweater? Purse? in her lap. Also, MH was asked about whose returning for the 20th and Cabot is, and when asked if Barba is returning she said " yes, I can definitely promise you that". Why am I dreading that? Pleeeeeze don't have him come back to hookup with Benson! Or be a Priest. Or an ACLU lawyer in the Bronx. Or already her husband. Clearly, I shouldn't have read that article.

• Love 2

Law & Order: SVU Casts Sandrine Holt for Recurring Role

Sandrine Holt (Homeland) will have a recurring part in the 2018-19 run as Lisa Abernathy, a clinical psychologist that consults on cases for the Manhattan district attorney's office, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Lisa also has a wife and two children.

Lordy, lordy, lordy....  Welp.  Glad to see a bit of diversity, but another recurring character?  And still not a single word for any story coming up for Carisi?  Or for Fin, for that matter.  All I see recurring characters as is screentime away from characters I do want to see.  I know they're not taking any away from Benson.  Or Rollins, apparently, since one of these characters is attached to her.  I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to count myself lucky if Carisi even appears on screen this season.  Prove me wrong, Show!

Edited by Fellaway

I am actually glad to see a recurring character in this role, we’ve barely had any recurring characters the past few years, and I hope this character can fill the void left by Huang, I really miss his insight and expertise, this show needs a psych expert to consult with the squad and interview victims and suspects sometimes, so I hope this character adds to the show in her appearances the way Huang did. I miss prominent recurring characters assisting SVU, such as CSU’s, TARU, Warner/other ME’s and of course Huang, we’ve barely had any recurring characters the last few years, it’s all Benson. 

I hope we don’t meet this characters family though, I know there are some SJW’s who complain that SVU doesn’t have a gay character and that’s probably a big reason why this character was added but I do not want to see this characters family and I hope the show doesn’t feel obliged to show them to appease certain fans, keep them offscreen, we never saw any of Huang’s personal life, I don’t want to see this characters personal life either. 

But I’m glad we are getting a recurring character in this role, it is something that SVU has missed since Huang left and I’ve always liked having recurring characters and I’ve missed them the last few seasons, I liked how familiar faces were brought back last season and I like that it appears they are going to have a character fill the role that Huang used to fill. 

Fin and Carisi will get nothing I expect unfortunately, because Mariska has to be front and center all the time and everything has to revolve around her and Rollins is a writers pet as well and her endless parade of hook ups and screw ups will be featured constantly, but Fin and Carisi will get squat. Stone is the only character that I like that will probably get screen time, I just hope he is the same character he was last season and doesn’t become Benson’s bitch the way Barba was.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I am actually glad to see a recurring character in this role, we’ve barely had any recurring characters the past few years, and I hope this character can fill the void left by Huang, I really miss his insight and expertise, this show needs a psych expert to consult with the squad and interview victims and suspects sometimes, so I hope this character adds to the show in her appearances the way Huang did. I miss prominent recurring characters assisting SVU, such as CSU’s, TARU, Warner/other ME’s and of course Huang, we’ve barely had any recurring characters the last few years, it’s all Benson. 

I hope we don’t meet this characters family though, I know there are some SJW’s who complain that SVU doesn’t have a gay character and that’s probably a big reason why this character was added but I do not want to see this characters family and I hope the show doesn’t feel obliged to show them to appease certain fans, keep them offscreen, we never saw any of Huang’s personal life, I don’t want to see this characters personal life either. 

But I’m glad we are getting a recurring character in this role, it is something that SVU has missed since Huang left and I’ve always liked having recurring characters and I’ve missed them the last few seasons, I liked how familiar faces were brought back last season and I like that it appears they are going to have a character fill the role that Huang used to fill. 

Fin and Carisi will get nothing I expect unfortunately, because Mariska has to be front and center all the time and everything has to revolve around her and Rollins is a writers pet as well and her endless parade of hook ups and screw ups will be featured constantly, but Fin and Carisi will get squat. Stone is the only character that I like that will probably get screen time, I just hope he is the same character he was last season and doesn’t become Benson’s bitch the way Barba was.

They had the perfect chance to have Barba be gay or bi but instead they made him looking like he was lusting after Benson.  The show should have had Barba be a dynamite ADA who just happened to be gay, not involve a bunch of stuff in his story, but let him shine as a man.

• Love 2

The thing for me is I'm strictly an SVU 2.0 fan, the Leight years.  I was not a fan during Seasons 1-12 - I stopped watching for a long time. - and I don't want... any of that now.  And coming off two separate, new showrunners who sidelined Carisi and don't seem to know how to write for him or, really, even know who he is as a character...  Four - Four! - new recurring characters makes me nervous we'll be seeing even less of him in Season 20.  Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.  Also, hopefully, two of those recurring characters, the doctor boyfriend and the businessman, are only temporary characters.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:13 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Me too. We have talked many times here how we need more recurring characters who aren't just romantic interests or family members of the main cast to open the show up by providing an outside prospective, new personality dynamics, realistic exposition, a sense of a larger world, a different relationship with victims/perps, fresh voices, etc. All sorts of good stuff, I wish instead of Rollins' boyfriend we got a forensics expert or another detective. That sort of recurring character brings new stories and doesn't take away screen time for the main characters. In fact it could mean more time for Fin and Carisi as we spend more time at crime scenes, the sguad room, etc.

• Love 1
On 8/12/2018 at 2:43 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I knew I forgot someone! Thanks. But her first one, thankfully, was not written in. Wheeler ended up flying to Europe because one of her old money-laundering or whatever cases pre-Major Case hit a snag, and they needed her for a bit. It's where she met the fiancé and around the time Logan was paired with Falacci.

As for the second, it ushered the character off the show, so circumstances were a bit different there.

Her RL hubby played the Fiancee, right?

On 8/17/2018 at 12:28 AM, Fellaway said:

Law & Order: SVU Casts Sandrine Holt for Recurring Role

Lordy, lordy, lordy....  Welp.  Glad to see a bit of diversity, but another recurring character?  And still not a single word for any story coming up for Carisi?  Or for Fin, for that matter.  All I see recurring characters as is screentime away from characters I do want to see.  I know they're not taking any away from Benson.  Or Rollins, apparently, since one of these characters is attached to her.  I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to count myself lucky if Carisi even appears on screen this season.  Prove me wrong, Show!

An a actress, Sandrine Holt is quite bland.

JMO.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

An a actress, Sandrine Holt is quite bland.

JMO.

Mine too. 

Sandrine Holt is no B.D. Wong, but neither is Carolyn McCormack/Olivet. 

Oh well, B.D. played the character with a lot of restraint, and SH should be able to do that.

Peter Scanavino/Carisi seems to be the only decent actor left on the show right now, although he rarely gets to show any range, but that's the nature of the role. 

Ice-T is more of just an engaging personality, although he has the acting chops.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Mine too. 

Sandrine Holt is no B.D. Wong, but neither is Carolyn McCormack/Olivet.

But then again B.D. Wong is no J.K. Simmons. Obviously the secret to casting L&Overse psychiatrists/psychologists is to look for actors who go by their initials!

Peter Scanavino/Carisi seems to be the only decent actor left on the show right now, although he rarely gets to show any range, but that's the nature of the role. 

Ice-T is more of just an engaging personality, although he has the acting chops.

I have said this in my episode reviews a lot, but with Ice-T it's all about the writing. When they actually give him solid material he is engaged and gives some really great performances. When it's subpar he is just an engaging personality who gives you a couple quips and maintains awareness of his personal brand while returning text messages about his other projects and making sure the tickets are set so he can get to the beach that weekend.

• Love 1