Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Can I Get Fries With That?

• Start Topic

The primary and her guests cause tension between Adam and Hannah over communication. Sad about missing her sister's wedding, Brooke tries to remain professional while still on charter. Meanwhile, Kasey and Joao continue to elevate their game of flirting as Brooke develops a crush on Adam. Hannah attempts to take her relationship with Conrad public, putting him to the test. Captain Sandy begins to notice that Conrad's distracted.

Airs June 12, 2018.

• Love 1

OMG, the guests must be made to act like total arse-holes on purpose just to make the show halfway interesting! It's bad enough these idiots make the chef serve dinner well after midnight, then you have a couple of them wake up early demanding attention! It's like, "this is a luxury cruise, so I can be as uncompromising and selfish as I like!" I wouldn't be able to keep silent when they're so demanding wanting to be catered to fully 24/7! I really wonder if they require the crew to wipe their arses after they crap? ;-)

• Love 8

Please, please, put Ya-Hoo in a raft and point it in the direction from whence he came. He is truly a legend in his own mind. You don’t want pizza? Then go make yourself a fucking sandwich!! Adam is not your chef, douchebag!

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Please, please, put Ya-Hoo in a raft and point it in the direction from whence he came. He is truly a legend in his own mind. You don’t want pizza? Then go make yourself a fucking sandwich!! Adam is not your chef, douchebag!

It's all going to blow up on him; esp. when the reunion comes around! We'll see how he defends being a true a-hole! ;-)

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

OMG, the guests must be made to act like total arse-holes on purpose just to make the show halfway interesting!

Maybe, but I don't think so.  I've been on many cruises and have seen people act just like these fools over and over again.  "I'm paying for this shit, so if I want to act like a douche then I can!"  They treat the crew like their own personal slaves.  Disgusting.

Did Captain Sandy just say "dealeo?"

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
(edited)

Can’t wait to see how this Sha Bat Dinner turns out!

(Cracks me up that I’m now seeing a Nexgard ad that uses “Sh-boom” as its theme music... exactly what I thought when the “Sha Bat” dinner was mentioned)

ETA I know it’s shabbat. :)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is there butter on the croutons?  (would you like me to pee on it for you?)

Can you explain the food to me, because I can't eat food if you don't explain it to me? (it's food motherfucker, don't you have eyes?)

"Can I have a sprite...I mean a 7 up....I mean an 8 down....I mean a cranberry juice?????"

Captain Sandy, you ain't focused either.  Drive the fucking boat and stop worrying about who's kissing who.

Why is what's her face even there Kasey or whatever her name is.

These guests act like nouveau riche types who've never even been out of the country, or even off their block.

And then the heifer didn't even want to eat after she made such a big stink about her steak being cold.  What a witch!

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

Why was that challah just sitting in the kitchen like that? Did I miss them doing the actual blessing? Did they do it at all?

ETA interesting... I think he used it for challah French toast. YUM.

Hey JWOWW... It’s not a good idea to “flirt” by joking about the girl smelling bad. What the heck?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Love Captain Sandy's comment, "A shit tip from shit human beings."

You beat me to it!

I hope the shit people get blasted on their social media accounts like the last idiots did and someone digs up some good dirt on them!

• Love 7

I'll give the editors this, essentially making the captain an antagonist this season is making it more interesting. The showmances have never been that compelling, especially since they're so expected and extra-contrived now, so having Sandy seemingly in a one-sided blood-feud with her chief stew is kinda novel. I'll stick around for at least a bit of WWHL tonight to see if anyone puts her on the spot, but I'm guessing not.

• Love 2
Just now, annewithaneee said:

I'll give the editors this, essentially making the captain an antagonist this season is making it more interesting. The showmances have never been that compelling, especially since they're so expected and extra-contrived now, so having Sandy seemingly in a one-sided blood-feud with her chief stew is kinda novel. I'll stick around for at least a bit of WWHL tonight to see if anyone puts her on the spot, but I'm guessing not.

It seems Hannah's not going to allow the little princess to continue sleepwalking during her duties! She may have to request Sandy to make a call and find a replacement because it's causing a ripple affect dragging Jamie into working the interior and Sandy hammering Hannah for shortcomings that aren't her fault! ;-(

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Their shabbot prayer was singing “shabbot shalom”, so i’m thinking we were never seeing any brachos over the challah or wine lol. I gotta say, as a Jew myself, i felt really ashamed and insulted to see people using their Judaism as a way to be difficult. They’re horrible people, couldn’t they have just use their veganism and not an already denigrated religion?  Sigh. 

Thanks! Sheesh, I’ve seen preschoolers sing blessings for longer! (And in Hebrew!)

• Love 4

These guests are such classless dicks! They needed a Bravo crossover...get The Countess to come on board for a special performance of "Money Can't Buy You Class".

Kasey is the most bland person I've ever seen on one of these shows. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Hannah could barely contain her hatred when that guest was yelling that he needed buns and she arrived...holding buns.

That speech that Honey gave before handing over the tip made me uncomfortable. What awful people.

Adam mimicking Brooke - “I’m actually a nasty girl!” had me loling. 

A little sad that no one is flirting with Jamie or Colin. Is that his name?

Hannah’s patience with Kasey is amazing, I would have lost it on her already. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Hannah could barely contain her hatred when that guest was yelling that he needed buns and she arrived...holding buns.

And then that dickhead said he needed them to be toasted. Give her a chance to get the food to the table! They were toasted!

What a demanding bunch of assholes. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Suck It Trebek said:

And then that dickhead said he needed them to be toasted. Give her a chance to get the food to the table! They were toasted!

What a demanding bunch of assholes. 

It showed how much they were all TRYING to be jerks. Total douchbags. The whole lot of them!

• Love 18

I think the crew is doing a thoroughly mediocre job and that some constructive criticism and maybe a negative review in whatever the superyacht equivalent of yelp is would be merited, but the guests were just so astonishingly spiteful tonight.  It's one thing to be demanding, but they way they went after Hannah and Brooke and then trash-talked the crew at dinner was personal, and Honey's passive-aggressive tip speech was straight-up hateful.  

2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Hey JWOWW... It’s not a good idea to “flirt” by joking about the girl smelling bad. What the heck?

He just seems like the type of guy who still believes in "negging."

• Love 13
(edited)

These guests were the worst. I thought the old hags from the first charter were bad, but this group topped them. 

It was a douche move when Adam (previous season) put onions in the food when the guest specifically asked for no onions. However, I really wanted him to add butter to that vegan guy's food. The entire group were annoying, demanding, and cheap!

Good lawd, who puts a bikini photo on their CV?  Obviously, it attracted Bravo to hire Kasey, because she absolutely useless as a stew. She even had the same photo on her phone, and Joao was practically drooling all over it. For someone who hasn't had sex in 8 years, Kasey seems well versed in how to drive a guy crazy. She very savvy on how to tease and flirt. Perhaps she give Brooke a few pointers.  Because when Brooke was flirting with Adam, I was like: "NOOOOOOOO!"  She seems like an innocent little bird going into the lion's den. 

Speaking of innocent... Conrad. Sweet n' innocent. Almost virginal.  And Horny Hannah is flinging her shirt open..."Motorboat me, Conrad"  Poor boy, he has no idea how to handle a well-ridden cougar like Hannah. 

This is not going to end well. When Captain Sandy finds out the Conrad and Hannah are getting it on they will be fired, or at least dropped from being in charge. I have a bad feeling Joao will become Bosun.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

These guests were the worst. I thought the old hags from the first charter were bad, but this group topped them. 

It was a douche move when Adam (previous season) put onions in the food when the guest specifically asked for no onions. However, I really wanted him to add butter to that vegan guy's food. The entire group were annoying, demanding, and cheap!

Good lawd, who puts a bikini photo on their CV?  Obviously, it attracted Bravo to hire Kasey, because she absolutely useless as a stew. She even had the same photo on her phone, and Joao was practically drooling all over it. For someone who hasn't had sex in 8 years, Kasey seems well versed in how to drive a guy crazy. She very savvy on how to tease and flirt. Perhaps she give Brooke a few pointers.  Because when Brooke was flirting with Adam, I was like: "NOOOOOOOO!"  She seems like an innocent little bird going into the lion's den. 

Speaking of innocent... Conrad. Sweet n' innocent. Almost virginal.  And Horny Hannah is flinging her shirt open..."Motorboat me, Conrad"  Poor boy, he has no idea how to handle a well-ridden cougar like Hannah. 

This is not going to end well. When Captain Sandy finds out the Conrad and Hannah are getting it on they will be fired, or at least dropped from being in charge. I have a bad feeling Joao will become Bosun.

Why would Conrad or Hannah be fired for fooling around? Under Sandy’s watch last season the bosun was fucking around with his subordinate, who had also fucked around with the chef, none were fired. In fact, Sandy was cool with Wes giving Malia a promotion.

And how would Joao be an improvement? He is actively trying to bed the second and third stews like 24/7. 

Conrad and Hannah are doing nothing wrong or against the rules unless they are dry humping on the couch next to the guests. Both Below Decks thrive on these people hooking up, it’s the entire purpose of most people being hired. Not to mention Hannah doesn’t work for Sandy, she works for Bravo, and they are definitely not firing Hannah, so Sandy will just have to piss and moan and get over it. 

Also, Hannah is 30. Conrad is 23. This is not “cougar” territory. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 17
(edited)
47 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Why would Conrad or Hannah be fired for fooling around?

And how would Joao be an improvement? He is actively trying to bed the second and third stews like 24/7. 

I never said Joao would be an improvement. I said I had a bad feeling he'd be made bosun. 

And Captain Sandy is not the same Sandy as last season. She is on the warpath and is not going to be okay with the Chief Stew and Bosun screwing around.  And yes, Hannah can be a cougar.

cou·gar

ˈko͞oɡər/

noun

informal

an older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Why was that challah just sitting in the kitchen like that? Did I miss them doing the actual blessing? Did they do it at all?

He took it out of bags when he was preparing dinner so definitely not baked. 

Challah feench toast is the best. I usually serve it as part of the bread served for Christmas Eve dinner and than make extra for French toast Christmas morning. 

Joao bitching about the pizza and the cold steak. Shut the fuck up. You eat a lot better and than a lot of crews out there. When Ben was chef on both franchises he didn’t cook all the time and the crew were eating takeout and cup of noodles.

Sandy if Conrad doesn’t sleep on his break that’s on him. Having an hour nap would make me more cranky. 

There is no way that steak wasn’t over cooked which I would find more annoying than being cold. 

Also, they totally tried to make it seem like Adam was saying Brooke wasmore experienced serving and working with chefs than Hannah but it was clearly an edit  from the TH he did about Kasey not being experienced.

Colin continues to be barely featured which means he probably is actually a great dude who would be nice to hang out and work with but doesn’t bring drama.

I know they consent to it and they know the cameras are there but I still don’t like the images of them all changing. It’s unnecessary.

• Love 8

Sandy was out of line when she pointed at Hannah and demanded to speak with her in front of guests, then reprimanded her about the sparklers. I know she apologized later, and she indicated it was related to her previous experience, but that was completely  inappropriate. Should Hannah have known not to set them on fire inside? I guess? I don't really know one way or another, but her pulling Hannah out of serving is what I'm taking issue with.

Can anyone tell me what the guest said when she left to Sandy? I missed it. Thx!

• Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Should Hannah have known not to set them on fire inside? I guess? I don't really know one way or another, but her pulling Hannah out of serving is what I'm taking issue with.

At least on the original they have used sparklers multiple times and she checked it next to the sink and based on Hannah’s reaction to the alarm it only set it off when she walked through the door when she realized it wasn’t a fire hazard. Sandy was told admittedly the anger should have also been spread to the crew who didn’t know how to easily turn off the alarm. The trigger was an initial alarm, the sprinklers didn’t go off. Not great of Hannah to do but Sandy’s response and her and the crews inability to shut it off was more alarming.

interesting that one of the guests wore stilettos onto the deck which is more of a no no than the carpet in the lounge. They did a close up on her heels, so I was surprised they didn’t talk about it. I completely understand they are on camera and like to look good but the effort seemed ridiculous.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, bref said:

French toast made with challah bread is HEAVEN.

Production HAS to be telling these charter guests to take the obnoxiousness up to 11, right? 

I hope these guests are acting, because if not they are going to be humiliated by having everybody they know see the crew call them every swear word in the book! That can’t be good business for the yachting industry can it? 

I guess I need to stop thinking anything about this is real. But it did make for a rather entertaining episode!

• Love 3

Both Hannah and Brooke were embarrassing in this episode - - Hannah trying to get Conrad to motorboat her and Brooke trying to flirt with Adam by insinuating she gets down and dirty,in bed.  Please, no.  Brooke had a boyfriend in episode 1, was broken up with either same episode or episode 2, flirting with Joao, getting jelly that Joao was also flirting with Kasey and is now turning her attention to Adam.  Maybe you should just do your job?   I mean, it's only like 6 weeks in real time.

I have suffered with motion sickness and it sucks.  I know that certain meds can make you lethargic and groggy so I feel for Kasey in that regard.  Has Hannah walked Kasey through what her duties are?  I know she did it last season for Brianna and Jenn, both of whom were unexperienced.   If Kasey's response time (and seriously delayed response) is real and not editing monkey shenanigans, she definitely isn't suited for working on a luxury yacht.

I agree with the poster above who thinks Conrad is going to get demoted.  I don't know how much experience Colin has but he seems a better replacement than Joao.  

I can understand Captain Sandy's reaction to the smoke alarm going off during the night.  That has to be one of the more frightening things to hear when you're on the water.  I personally wouldn't have lit a sparkler inside the boat.  It seems kind of stupid to me.  Take it outside to the deck if you want to check it so you can at least toss it in the water if necessary.  

Charter 1 guests were terrible.  Charter 2 guests were even worse.  WTF is going to happen on Charter 3 at this rate?  

I don't eat red meat but I would never be as demanding and insulting as these fuckwits.  Yes, you're paying for a luxury vacation but you're also dealing with human beings that are trying to provide you with good service.  Have a little patience and quit acting like the crew are your personal slaves.  A charter that was eating lunch between 3:30 and 5 pm would drive me insane because that obviously means they'll want their stupid, fancy dinner at 11.  I've never understood why some of the charter guests get so dressed up to eat dinner on the yacht with each other.  

When I saw the banana boat go out,  I was really hoping it would spill every one of those assholes in the water.

• Love 7

For the second time in three charters this season I find myself thinking, "Well, those guests were the biggest assholes I've ever seen on a Below Deck show." Amazing.

It makes those annoying daytraders who constantly griped about the onboard WiFi seem like reasonable people.

• Love 11

I’ve spent the last two episodes wondering who Brooke was reminding me of because she seemed very familiar and last night it finally it me. She is like a cuter version of Robin from Sister Wives (minus the constant cold sores). 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Hannah trying to get Conrad to motorboat her a

I found Hannah asking him to kiss her was much more cringe worthy because based on her pouring shots down people’s throughts, her propensity for having women motorboat her and how her shirt was when she asked that all the women had motorboated her. Also, Kasey everyone thinks your stupid and you proved of it because Hannah and Conner aren’t keeping their relationship secret.

• Love 1

I sincerely hope this season is not the season of who can be the douchiest guests.  If I was a guest of the one paying the bill that keeps Kosher you bet I would be eating Kosher too.  As someone that is not Jewish I would be fascinated on what is served and I'm sure there are some tasty Kosher dishes to be had.  French fries?  That douche needed to be covered in Chum and thrown overboard.  It was really his fault for insisting on the birthday girl to blow out something on the cake.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I personally wouldn't have lit a sparkler inside the boat.  It seems kind of stupid to me.  Take it outside to the deck if you want to check it so you can at least toss it in the water if necessary.  

I assumed she didn't do this because she was unable to light the candles on the deck due to the high winds. I'd say maybe she should have lit the sparklers in the salon but that's exactly where she was with them when the smoke alarm went off so it seems like a tough call. 

• Love 1

Did anyone catch the looks that people gave each other when that woman sang the song for the blessing?  I have to say a Sandy who takes things out on the crew makes me as uncomfortable as Joao does and doesn't make the show enjoyable.  If I remember correctly, Joao couldn't even insult Brooke properly.  He meant to say it smells weird when she walked in, but instead what came out was "only until you walked in" which means the weird smell was made better by Brooke (unless my captions didn't match what he said).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I hope these guests are acting, because if not they are going to be humiliated by having everybody they know see the crew call them every swear word in the book! That can’t be good business for the yachting industry can it? 

I guess I need to stop thinking anything about this is real. But it did make for a rather entertaining episode!

I’m thinking the same thing.  These guests HAVE to be acting .. who would act like that ... really.  Once in awhile they throw in a nice bunch of guests to mix it up.

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m thinking the same thing.  These guests HAVE to be acting .. who would act like that ... really.  Once in awhile they throw in a nice bunch of guests to mix it up.

Why would they have to be acting?  People are really douche-y like that IRL, especially on vacation, and especially when they think the crew are their personal slaves, I've seen that shit plenty of times on cruises.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Did anyone catch the looks that people gave each other when that woman sang the song for the blessing?  I

Here's the thing that drives me nuts, that song was not a blessing. It's just a celebratory song. There are separate blessings for the lighting of the shabbat candles, drinking of wine and eating of food. None of those actual blessings were done that we saw. In short, these guest are poseurs. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I don’t know why I need to point this I ut, because they were awful assholes but we clearly only saw part of the Shabbat prayer which seemed to try to include the crew and I think only two were actually Jewish.

Edited by biakbiak
32 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I am guessing that these are the guests that the cast was referring to as the worst that they have ever seen. Does anyone have any intel on that?

I don't have any intel, but I sure hope that's the case. It looks like the "crew drama" will be ramping up next week & I don't think I can stomach that + another round of guests as bad as the last two groups have been. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Both Hannah and Brooke were embarrassing in this episode - - Hannah trying to get Conrad to motorboat her and Brooke trying to flirt with Adam by insinuating she gets down and dirty, in bed.  Please, no.  Brooke had a boyfriend in episode 1, was broken up with either same episode or episode 2, flirting with Joao, getting jelly that Joao was also flirting with Kasey and is now turning her attention to Adam.  Maybe you should just do your job?   I mean, it's only like 6 weeks in real time.

Hannah has always had a big thing about publicly showing that men are interested in her. She's really messy and needy like that. Brooke seems to need some obvious validation after her boyfriend ghosted/dumped her. However, Brooke doesn't seem to be nearly as desperate about it, which is why she got tongue tied with Adam. Hannah just starts shoving her boobs and tongue in everyone's face: Ben, Bobby, Malia, Adam, and Conrad. Jason, the guest from last season, was about as close as we've ever seen her play hard to get or coy.

6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I don't know how much experience Colin has but he seems a better replacement than Joao.  

Colin has been either crewing or captain of the Fire Island ferry for more than a decade, which is why he'd never step up to be bosun because he's experienced enough to know that he doesn't know enough about motor yachts.

3 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Here's the thing that drives me nuts, that song was not a blessing. It's just a celebratory song. There are separate blessings for the lighting of the shabbat candles, drinking of wine and eating of food. None of those actual blessings were done that we saw. In short, these guest are poseurs. 

It really wasn't. I'm not Jewish, a Shabbos goy, or especially well versed in Jewish traditions, but I've been to a Shabbat or 2. That was some weak sauce bullshit after all that tsuris of kosher/not kosher and vegan/not vegan.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

That's exactly why I thought they were giving the looks.  I couldn't understand why they'd sing that song for a blessing, which is the equivalent of saying grace for Christians and that is never a celebration song.  I thought a little child might sing that song for a blessing, not a full grown adult who is glatt kosher and therefore would have a lot of experience with blessings.  I'd assume that someone who is that kind of kosher adheres a bit more strongly to their faith and does a lot of the daily rituals for their faith, including many blessings over the time they've been following their faith that way so they should have been able to come up with something on the fly. 

I looked around for the lyrics for that song and I found quite a few.  At first the one I found that just repeated shabbat shalom was the Neil Diamond version which cracked me up with the thought they were just copying Neil Diamond. I figured he got it from somewhere and looked deeper, plus I realized they had repeated shabbat several times in a row and his version doen't.  But I fail to see how repeating "peaceful sabbath, peaceful sabbeth,  peaceful sabbath sabbath sabbath" counts as a blessing in anyone's mind.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

It seems Hannah's not going to allow the little princess to continue sleepwalking during her duties! She may have to request Sandy to make a call and find a replacement because it's causing a ripple affect dragging Jamie into working the interior and Sandy hammering Hannah for shortcomings that aren't her fault! ;-(

The guests were terrible, but the stews haven't been up to the usual standards we've seen in past seasons.  I think a fair amount of that is that they're essentially short handed.  There's a body there but the work isn't getting done.  Likely related to that, the group of stews really haven't gotten their work pattern down.   This stuff isn't hard.  Don't know how to make a bloody mary?  Ask someone, including the chef, for the recipe or pull it up on your phone.   Working on the rooms should be just a quick routine by this point.   Laundry, ok, one lesson then just do it.   These people aren't being handed a welder's mask and asked to figure out arc welding.  

Hannah is seriously off her game, in particular.  Once she gets a functioning team under her that is likely to improve, but I wish she wasn't starting up with the bossun.  Get your department working first, then chat him up.  He'll still be there unless he's fired.

• Love 7