Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Is it okay that Chris Harrison and Becca had to struggle to suppress a laugh when Harrison revealed the cause of David's injuries was falling out of his bed?

I give them credit for at least trying to suppress it. I mean, he fell out of bed, which is pretty funny, until you realize he was seriously hurt.

I'll give them all a bit of a pass because they might not have realized at that time how serious it was and falling out of bed does sound like a joke. I mean, this is a show that goes for drama, so I wouldn't be surprised if they called an ambulance because a dude got a hangnail, just so they'd have the footage to show in the teasers. 

39 minutes ago, violet and green said:

Of course Jordan wouldn't be laughing if he fell on his own face, it's his professionality!

You don't mess with a man's professionality!

• Love 5
On 6/12/2018 at 1:19 PM, UGAmp said:

Oh and Jason from certain angles is a poor, poor, poor mans version of 90s teen heartthrob Andrew Keegan. It might mainly be the hair but I see glimpses every now and then. 

The only reason I have come out of lurking is to say how excited I am that you said that! I thought I was the only one who A) saw the slight resemblance and B) remembered Andrew Keegan from his pre-crazy cult leader days.

• Love 2

Jason is cute and reminds me of Milo Ventimiglia.

I FF through the entire football thing.  So boring, don't care.     I'm so glad it was Richard Marx instead of another country band I've never heard of.  Honestly, I work with teen refugees and they listen to Richard Marx.  It was funny the first time I heard them playing it.  Very random.  

• Love 6

I think Becca has a cool and fun/funny personality, but like many other seasons it gets pushed to the background in the early weeks in order to show the manufactured drama of the contestants. I can't judge her too harshly for that, she might not be as natural of a "lead" as some others but I think she's coming across as nice and open. 

I do agree that there isn't the usual amount of falling all over themselves by the guys. So many of them seem like complete duds that my hunch is they like the in-house drama more than they want to get with Becca. She seems to have decent chemistry with a few of them though, we'll probably just have to suffer through more phony drama until we see it though haha.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, huskerj12 said:

I do agree that there isn't the usual amount of falling all over themselves by the guys.

I can't remember the last time the guys fell all over themselves for the b'ette. Maybe Emily. At this point most of them come on the show to get the better paying gigs with Paradise or being the lead themselves. I've also noticed that it seems more obvious from the start who the B'ette will pick so maybe the other guys are like "game over' let's just have some fun and get our foot in the franchise door.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I can't remember the last time the guys fell all over themselves for the b'ette. Maybe Emily. At this point most of them come on the show to get the better paying gigs with Paradise or being the lead themselves. I've also noticed that it seems more obvious from the start who the B'ette will pick so maybe the other guys are like "game over' let's just have some fun and get our foot in the franchise door.

This is "Not falling over"? OMG. I'm glad I never saw past seasons then! I already can't handle the "she is so amazing....I am here to find a wife....." cheesiness of it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I'm glad I never saw past seasons then! I already can't handle the "she is so amazing....I am here to find a wife....." cheesiness of it. 

Haha, I actually think these guys seem more into Becca than past seasons have been. They are at least spewing the "she's my girlfriend already" "I could marry this girl" stuff. I always laugh at "hey, we just met but I can see our future together, you are the one I've always been looking for" stuff. Those are the ones I give a side eye to. It's the guy who is a bit more realistic with his "she's pretty cool and I want to get to know her better" that I think are serious about the "process". Though, the very idea that falling in love is a "process" is icky to me. IDK, I guess I'm a romantic who thinks that you can't force falling in love in a restricted time frame with a very badly vetted group of losers...um, guys.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Though, the very idea that falling in love is a "process" is icky to me.

no, no, no. It's a JOURNEY. And it comes from a CONNECTION.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 13
38 minutes ago, dleighg said:
41 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Though, the very idea that falling in love is a "process" is icky to me.

no, no, no. It's a JOURNEY. And it comes from a CONNECTION.

I stand corrected. My apologies for not taking this journey as seriously as I should. ;)

I wish I could connect half as quickly as these people. It would save so much time and effort getting to know someone on a deeper level when all I had to know is that they were with me for the right reasons, because we share a deep connection despite not even knowing each others last names. Silly, silly me.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

there in lies the issue of "re-using" past candidates. Im sorry, but Trista, Emily and maybe Meredith, it was easy to see the guys going crazy for the bachlorette--same with bachelor--Andrew Firestone was a huge catch--Bob Ginuey??Jason was a nice guy, but really? 25 women going nuts for him??? blech. the original premise of the show was that it would be an individual who would be very desireable. I still remember very early in the show they did a special where they profiled several men who were possible bachelor candidates. I do think it has become like other series (real world) where people go on just to get to the next series. Becca is a nice girl, but not someone who I see 25 men fighting over. I hope i dont sound mean. Im a huge fan of the show, but there are seasons that have been very difficult to watch. I still laugh at Deannas guys who mostly just wanted to hang out with each other.

• Love 4

Yes, these people are now just the type of people you would pick up in a bar. Nothing special. Becca might not be the kind of girl men would fight over but I think she's the kind of girl men would want to have a relationship with because she seems pretty easy going and low maintenance. But no man would fight to win her because she's not playing games with them. Emily is the kind of girl men fight over because she plays them against each other. She made for a good show but would make a terrible life partner IMO. (I'm they type who has no respect for a "rules" girl (or guy) so I'm biased against her. I prefer a Becca, who is pretty straight forward and she isn't going to change once she's got you locked in. 

• Love 4

I just got around to watching this one yesterday.  So Jordan will cook and clean for a woman?  If Becca doesn't choose him in the end, send him over here!

• Love 8