Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Week 3

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I wonder if Becca specified no big partiers.    This is the calmest group ever as far as alcohol consumption and general embarrassing behavior.     

Some of the guys looks as bored as we are.   

After the Bachelor in Paradise situation with Corinne, theyve limited alcohol consumption and closely watch the contestants for over drinking. I`ve heard it`s two drinks an hour, and it has to be a mixed drink (so not shots). Previously the alcohol used to just be out in the house during rose ceremonies and such but now they have to ask to get a drink. 

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's the one whose parents (or grandparents) have been married for 50 years.

Hmm. Does not compute, but thank you!

28 minutes ago, LBS said:

@JenE4  Willis is the African American guy who has the Harry Potter tattoo.  He was openly laughing at Jordan on the couch.  He seems like a fun guy and I hope he goes far.  

Ok, I can picture his arm, lol. He MAY have been the one I was talking about that was reading at the beginning of the episode and I thought was cute silently sitting in the background of the group date cocktail party. I’m going to go on the assumption it’s the same guy and root for him.

ETA: I guess I should have just googled from the start. This IS the quiet guy that I think had potential! He shall now be my favorite.

Wills’s bio

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Did anyone else think that the "spa" was gross? There was some very old and dated maroon carpeting on the floor, some 1980s throw pillows from Hobby Lobby as decor, and not enough chairs or even a table to do nails on? I've seen enough Real Housewives of Somewhere episodes to know that there are a lot of upscale-looking spas out there. ABC must have had to scramble at the last minute for some old office space they could repurpose into a "spa."

Now that you mention it...Yeah!   and just buckets for their feet.and some nail polish..that was it??  It looked like the back room of a massage parlor but --one of 'those' kind.   

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I wanted to know how David in the hospital knew that was Becca calling since it was CH's phone. Yet he answered, "Hi Becca." I guess they let people keep their cellphones while they are in INTENSIVE CARE?

LoloL !!                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• Love 7
21 hours ago, adhoc said:

Once again, strangely cute Nick gets a mercy line and serves as a background prop, like some of the other guys. (Depending on the camera angle, Nick either looks quite cute or slightly alien.)

Mike is cute. Long may he stay! The other fair-haired guy, Nick, looks like an alien, maybe, or one of the bad guy in a B-grade movie's henchmen - I think you might be confusing Nick with Mike, as Mike is cute from all angles! Which means he won't stay long...

20 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

And will Long-haired Michael ever be showcased, or is he the stealth candidate?

That's Mike! I don't even fancy blond guys, but I'm grasping at straws here to stay interested in the season. And I do love long hair on men. Mike was great in the football game, he was on Clay's team and went racing along with the ball and did a touchdown or something. I think he was number 81. Looked fit! He's some sort of sports dude...

Please may he be the stealth candidate!

I doubt it, because she seems to be into skeevy jerks that look like they were carved off a slab of raw ham. Colton has a very nice dog, but other than that he has greasy eyes and a sly smile. Yech. And dating Tia should have been a red flag, sayonara.

It's a pity I don't drink, because I could have a good drinking game with every time she says something really dull and flat to camera, or every time some guy says lamely, "Let's do it", or every time she confuses some guy's clear bullshit with reality or lack of interest as interest, or every time she SENDS HOME ONE OF THE TINY HANDFUL OF CUTE GUYS, ffs!

• Love 11
(edited)

Someone is reading a book

I noticed that right away too. I thought these contestants weren't allowed phones, internet and books. Maybe it was never true about books but then again they could have eased up on the inmates.

For all that Becca is bland and basic, Tia would have been much worse IMO, like Deanna level terrible.

I agree. Becca may be on the boring side but had it been Tia I daresay the board would be filled with complaints for various reasons. And I don't trust her either. The, "I love you" from her didn't ring true at all. 

Becca strikes me as one who was probably a tomboy when younger. Loved sports, felt awkward in dresses, not comfortable using feminine wiles to her advantage. Which may not translate well on tv but I like Becca. I'm reminded how boring Arie's season was up until the dramatic finish. I'm sure the producers have something up their sleeve coming up. They usually do.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Garrett does have a nice smile. For a Nazi.

Best line ever!

He has the amused eyes of a slightly drunk man who is holding one too many secrets, and a Robert De Niro beauty spot.

Edited by violet and green
wrong actor
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, violet and green said:

she seems to be into skeevy jerks that look like they were carved off a slab of raw ham.

LOL, yes!  That does seem to be her type.  I remember on Arie's season when her ex came to win her back, he looked just like a big slab of raw ham in a too tight suit.      

• Love 10
(edited)

Tia looked miserable. I don't know what she was having the most trouble with....Colton now 'dating' Becca or her missed opportunity (to be the Bachelorette).  I will say that I buy her friendship with Becca but I don't blame her for her suffering from some bitterness.

From Becca's point of view, I don't think that the problem with Colton is that he briefly dated a friend of hers or even that he thought it would be one Bachelorette and, instead, it was her (because situations like those aren't uncommon).  The problem is that he seems like he might be someone who pursues women because of their fame and the likelihood of them bringing fame to him. Also, the more I see him, the less genuine he seems.

I don't care at all about this stupid drama between David and Jordan except for the fun it sucks out of listening to Jordan prattle about stuff. I did find David's bating of Jordan with the "what's that face" funny.  

Richard Marx does not look like Richard Marx.

The 'spa date' was terrible. I don't know why they bring in friends so early in a season. Bring them later when actual real feelings are possible and the Bachelorette has spent more than a few minutes with all of the contestants. 

Misc:

I don't care about Chris and think the private concert dates look like hell.

I still like Jean Blanc (and I'll stop mentioning how yucky I find the idea of his cologne collection--but I will keep finding it yucky).

Clay is great. I hope he's okay and this stupid show doesn't hurt is actual career. When he was telling Becca about why he had to leave...what a sweet, genuine guy.

It seems likely that David was pretty drunk to take a tumble out of bed like that. 

Chris Harrison really shines when he puts on his announcer hat, "It's gonna be some pretty bad football, let's be honest"!

Mike? There's a Mike?

Still like Leo's humor and Christon's face.

I can't quite shake Garrett's unflattering Farley impersonation and keep forgetting that he's actually cute and am surprised when I see him onscreen and there he is, being cute. 

Jordan? Try not to mock someone who's been seriously injured, no matter who that person is. Its not a flattering look and we know you care about flattering looks (PS it's possible he really wasn't mocking-I think the clip we see of that itm is unclear)

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a season of the Bachelorette (admittedly, I haven't seen them all) where the guys seemed less interested in the bachelorette. 

Deanna.  The guys seemed pissed when she showed up and horned into their guy time. 

• Love 3

Wills is beautiful.  Mike is hot.  Agreed and agreed.  Becca is a way better choice than Tia.  Agreed x 3.  I can't staaaaaaand Tia.  Sure Becca is a bit bland but so far it's making for a fun season for me.  All that matters is the contestants.  

• Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Becca is a way better choice than Tia.  Agreed x 3.  I can't staaaaaaand Tia.  

I like Tia fine and really did enjoy her sense of humor (early on in Arie's season) but agree that Becca is a much better choice. By the end of Arie's season, it seemed that Tia was constantly auditioning for the Bachelorette role and, because of this, I found most of her reactions disingenuous (and her comments about Baby Becca especially hypocritical). Shallowly, her nose still bugs me (she'd be gorgeous if not for that wicked-witch tip).  

And I agree with all the comments above saying that Tia would have been a complainer. She just turns sour so fast.

I think there were a lot of really great women on Arie's season. I don't think Tia was at top of that list. 

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 6
(edited)

I didn't understand Kendall's roadkill obsession but I thought that Kendall and Sienne (I'm so bad with names) are two incredibly beautiful amazing catches.

Tia's nose bothers me too, but that's because I think it's fake, and just way too overly 'done'.  

(Kendall, not Kelsey.  Thanks @violet and green.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Kendell would've been great. Tia is awful and clearly seething she is not the Bachelorette. I would rather see a Baby Becca, or a Krystal season.

Becca is like some 1960s nun who thinks she's hip - well, no, actually, I've known hipper nuns... But I get that she's the 'exciting', rad, 'cool' one in her family, with that crucifix tattoo on her hand, rock on! etc. She's like an advertisement for a funeral plan.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I didn't understand Kelsey's (Is that her name) roadkill obsession but I thought that Kelsey and Sienne (I'm so bad with names) are two incredibly beautiful amazing catches.

You're talking about Kendall and yes so many better choices than Tia.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I love Kendall and Sienne. I don't know that Kendall would have worked as the bachelorette, but I do think she'd have been better than Tia would have been and I think she would have still been likable by the end of her season (which I don't think would have happened with Tia). I also think a Baby Becka season would have been fun, annoying but fun, but didn't see them doing it. She really is too young.

I'm still convinced we've gotten the hard sell on Tia (and will probably get more of it in Paradise) because the producers think of her as a replacement for Raven and they loved Raven (rumor is that they wanted Raven for Bachelorette this season but then she met Adam).

I don't know if I think Raven is that great, but I also don't see Tia as much of a 'replacement' for her either. 

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 3

Well, now I'm watching the episode. There's promise of great drama - Colton and Tia, and Jordan vs. Dave!! Watch it fizzle down to nothing, like a sparkler. The group date wasn't much of a date except for furthering the drama of Colton and Tia.  I kind of hope Becca ditches him but they'll probably have a heart to heart where he tells her that she's here for her and the producers will make her keep him. I'm wondering how long the guys' manicures will last. Dave's Easter egg blue is very nice. And coincidentally, Jordan and Dave are sitting next to each other! It's kind of nice seeing Jordan goofing around and laughing and not being his usual pompous self.

Dave is beginning to be a bit jerky. Dave, concentrate on your own game and don't worry about Jordan! But maybe he is the designated jealous guy who zealously calls out the guys here for the wrong reason.

And what is that guy's name with the widow's peak hairline, who was talking about Tia with Colton? I wonder if they will never show his name just to prank us. Scintillating chat about Jordan's Tinder swipes. I'm actually liking Jordan better this episode. Will is just sitting there, so what, who cares. Yes, Dave is the designated tattle tale this season. Wills looks like he has a headache or stomach ache. And Jordan whips out his best tough guy vocabulary!!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

I noticed that right away too. I thought these contestants weren't allowed phones, internet and books. Maybe it was never true about books but then again they could have eased up on the inmates.

Pretty sure it was a bible. Bibles are the only thing available for contestants on Big Brother so I assume it's the name for these guys. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know if I think Raven is that great, but I don't see Tia as much as a "replacement" for her either.

I don't know why the producers thought Tia would be another Raven because other than accents I didn't see a lot of similarities between them. 

I hadn't heard the rumor that at one time they wanted Raven for the Bachelorette. I did read that Raven got along well with producers and crew so if true that may be why she could have been wanted for the lead. She didn't even try to get it (was thrilled for Rachel) as in contrast to Tia who very obviously was. Which is a good example of just one of the differences between them.

Makes me almost glad Arie screwed up because otherwise we would be watching Tia on our tv screens right now. Kendall, Seinne and others would have made better leads but I think the producers would have went with Tia. Becca may not be everyone's choice but think how bad it could have been.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5

OK, widow's peak man is Jason!!! I remember she called him that earlier, but I didn't know if it was his real name or if Becca thinks it's his name. Oh, Jordan just ruined the temporary good opinion I had of him. He's more desirable in her eyes because he has lots of Tinder matches. And he just told her she was "something." Wills and Jason are enjoying the drama of the Jordan and Dave reality show. 

Do you think Dave has a little crush on Jordan? Wills and Jason are so funny!! I don't know why exactly but they were making think of the guys on Wayne's World who sit next to each other on the sofa watching TV, etc.  I was hoping Becca would kick Colton to the curb but I guess he is too cute. 

I wish they had more of Richard singing but I guess the show will only pay so much for rights. Now back up a few years - Desiree's Chris would have LOVED this date!! Becca's Chris is more tentative about expressing himself. He does have a sad reason about why he doesn't want to be vulnerable on paper. His song was pretty decent for having to produce on the spot.  Ryan is cute!! So is the long-haired guy. Jordan is now sporting the unshaven, slightly disheveled guy in anxious love look.

Becca's and Chris' date is really nice. I like her kind touch with him.

That was quite a transition! From a slow dance to a bloody David on the floor. What in the world happened to him? We're being led to believe Jordan punched him out. But he only fell out of bed.  

So I notice Becca wearing Stephon Diggs' number, but the jersey colors are wrong. At least it's not green and yellow. I get how Becca feels about Clay in the football drills. I notice the background music sounds like a little like the NFL theme song.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, weightyghost said:

Pretty sure it was a bible. Bibles are the only thing available for contestants on Big Brother so I assume it's the name for these guys. 

Could be. I've heard the contracts these guys sign can be brutal but I'm not sure if with holding Bibles would violate any freedom of religion rights. And if so could they be waivered in a signed contract. I was just shocked to see a contestant actually reading since I had always heard books were prohibited.

Edited by yorklee2
(edited)

Are they really playing on a 100-yard field? I guess defense on both teams are rotten. This is game so fun to watch.  Oh, oh, Clay better rally his team! And he does! I hope he's not injured. How do you think his real team would react to him getting an injury playing football on The Bachelorette? Wow, two guys on The Bachelorette disabled list. I wonder if it's the 7-day or 14-day disabled list. And I wonder who'll they'll call up from the Bachelor farm team. That one guy - Ryan? - sure has a a colorful shirt. Rainbow Brite I guess.

It would be funny, sort of, if Clay was sidelined at the beginning of the real football season because of his Bachelorette injury. Big question: will his injury be season-ending?

That's a pretty dress Becca is wearing. Red is her color. Oh Clay, if I was 30 years younger I'd be there for you! If Christmas on Big Brother could leave the set and have knee surgery and return to the BB house, I don't know why Clay can't have surgery and come back. But different situations, I guess.  Poor Clay! I wonder how far he would have gotten if he wasn't injured. Well, if her relationship with whoever she picks doesn't work out, maybe she can hook up later with Clay.

Oh no, another rose ceremony at the beginning of the next episode!

Edited by Lamb18
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tia's nose bothers me too, but that's because I think it's fake, and just way too overly 'done'.  

No way it's fake. Profile view, it looks like an eagle's beak. If any surgeon created that, he deserves to be sued. She could set a coffee cup on it with room to spare.

Colton is almost a twin for Becca's ex who crashed Arie's season. I hope he comes back this time too. And Becca gets him confused with Colton. Drah-mah ensues!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 7

Wow, she really seems to have a thing for Colton. Clay was nice throughout; hoping he heals well and finds a team.  Jason was a nice surprise.  He's so upbeat compared to some of the Dr. Dooms sitting around the room.  What was up with Blake?  He looked like a disgruntled Bobby Rydell gearing up for a melt down when the other guy got the rose.  David and Jordan seem to be in their own private Idaho.  They're both working my nerves.  Jason and Wills sitting in on the dueling dingbats was good.  Wills' "Got it" was stellar.  Chris brought his demons on the date, a date I could've lived without.  Didn't enjoy spa date. Liked the football game, Christon the competitor and Mike, whose hair is nicer than mine, were fun to watch.  Lincoln and his accent can feel free to leave at any time.  He can take the two box head fruit doodles, Garrett and Connor, with him.  I think there are still people I don't know there.  Becca seemed to handle the whole lot of them fairly well, I thought, with the exception of maybe cutting Colton a whole lotta slack.  She sure got over her reservations quick enough.  

• Love 2
(edited)

OH, I have a totally crackpot theory. So there's been a lot of talk about Colton and the likelihood that he's actually a virgin and why he'd say he was if he wasn't. 

Now, I've thought he was lying since we first saw the promo of that, but I've agreed that it's a weird thing for anyone, especially a guy, to lie about.

So here's my crackpot theory: Tia is pretty religious/spiritual, apparently (this isn't to say anything about her sexual history).  Maybe this virginity line was one Colton fed her in order to appeal to that side of her life because he thought it would give him a serious leg up when competing with a bunch of other guys once filming began (if she'd become the Bachelorette as both she and he seemed to think would happen). He would be unique and 'purer' and perhaps seem like a more moral choice. Then, Becca was cast. And they're friends. If he'd told Tia he was a virgin, his best bet was to tell Becca the same thing.

And we've already seen that he thinks that way. He told Becca very quickly about having dated Tia. It's the decent thing to do. But it's also the smart thing to do. It's easier to manage information and it's impact if you take control of how it's introduced. 

Okay, like I said, it's a total crackpot theory: That basically Colton's lying about being a virgin because he lied to Tia about that, thinking it would work especially well on her, and had to stick with the story. But it's a theory  I'm going with it for now. (But like I said earlier, I'm finding Colton less and less genuine as time passes-and really it's pretty early in the game. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy, but I do think he's a calculating one)

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
10 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Dave is beginning to be a bit jerky. Dave, concentrate on your own game and don't worry about Jordan! But maybe he is the designated jealous guy who zealously calls out the guys here for the wrong reason.

That's the only thing I can think of, he's playing a role, because he can't possibly think Jordan is a threat, right? None of them can possibly think Jordan is actually a contender? Her type seems to be athletic, preferably big (football type) not some pretty boy obsessed with a mirror. I am 100% convinced Jordan is the producers pic, not Becca's. No way I believe she's actually interested in him romantically.

I really do like Becca, but I question her taste in men. Keeping Colton the fame whore and Garrett the biggot (though she doesn't know that yet on the show) shows very little taste IMO. haha But she did seem to genuinely like Clay so points for that.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

Chandler's roommate, Eddie.  Saving Private Ryan.  Adam Goldberg.

Ooh.  So Ben Stiller, Danny Wood and Adam Goldberg three-way'd it and gave birth to Chris.  Then all left him with no dad. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a season of the Bachelorette (admittedly, I haven't seen them all) where the guys seemed less interested in the bachelorette. 

I can— dentist Ashley’s season— then after that- Deanna’s season.  Then you look back at Trista and Emily’s season, the guys were all crazy for them. Also, Jillian’s season, although i thought Jillian was a good bachelorette.

10 hours ago, Kareem said:

Wow, she really seems to have a thing for Colton. Clay was nice throughout; hoping he heals well and finds a team.  Jason was a nice surprise.  He's so upbeat compared to some of the Dr. Dooms sitting around the room.  What was up with Blake?  He looked like a disgruntled Bobby Rydell gearing up for a melt down when the other guy got the rose.  David and Jordan seem to be in their own private Idaho.  They're both working my nerves.  Jason and Wills sitting in on the dueling dingbats was good.  Wills' "Got it" was stellar.  Chris brought his demons on the date, a date I could've lived without.  Didn't enjoy spa date. Liked the football game, Christon the competitor and Mike, whose hair is nicer than mine, were fun to watch.  Lincoln and his accent can feel free to leave at any time.  He can take the two box head fruit doodles, Garrett and Connor, with him.  I think there are still people I don't know there.  Becca seemed to handle the whole lot of them fairly well, I thought, with the exception of maybe cutting Colton a whole lotta slack.  She sure got over her reservations quick enough.  

I’m hoping they skipped some of th conversation because i would have expected her to straight out ask him “ did you apply to be on the show thinking it was tia”? But all of it is rather absurd, these women all became friends by dating and kissing the same guy so why is this so different ?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Jordan? Try not to mock someone who's been seriously injured, no matter who that person is. Its not a flattering look and we know you care about flattering looks (PS it's possible he really wasn't mocking-I think the clip we see of that itm is unclear)

I think Jordan's little prediction that David and people like him who pick on Jordan will get 'theirs'... was filmed after the fall.  Don't think Jordan has any  super-powers of revenge.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, seasick said:

That new show!! Gawd  just the commercials alone are a whole new level of second-hand embarrassment. 

Okay, I need someone with the episode still... in I think the first commercial for that new trainwreck I could swear that I saw a familiar face but maybe with darker hair and then it popped back into mind that is was Scallop Fingers!!! Then they never showed that version again...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Clay never did say what his injury was, just some vague "the doctor said it needed surgery NOW." But was it a break? A sprain? A what? He never said.

I swear that when Becca came into the room when he as sitting on the couch, he hoisted himself up using the hand of the arm that had the splint on it.

16 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

We're being led to believe Jordan punched him out.

I think that may actually make me out for the season.  All those sinister clips of Jordan saying that if somebody crosses him, he'll "86" him, etc. etc., and then ambulances and BLOOD ALL OVER THE FLOOR when all he did was fall out of bed and probably break his nose or gash his forehead.  Obviously I'm okay with some editing shenanigans because I watch the show at all, but this is just ridiculous.  It might indicate just how desperate they are this season, which is a reason for me not to watch.

• Love 4

I don't understand how that Mike guy is still there or why they even have him on the show.  He works for TMZ.... no way he's there for Becca.

Although, I don't really think any one of these guys is there for Becca.  I don't see chemistry with any of them.  So I guess it doesn't matter if the tabloids are there getting the inside scoop.

I still love the entertainment that is Jordan.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:
20 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I can— dentist Ashley’s season

Ashley's season was when they had a group date to a comedy club and all the guys had to perform on stage. One did a roast of Ashley, focusing on her "no boobs."

At least that's how I remember it. Most of her guys were hateful. Except for the joy that was JP.

36 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It might indicate just how desperate they are this season, which is a reason for me not to watch.

Don't give up just for that. The editing monkeys play with us every season, including showing previews of things we are never shown. The fun part is using your detective skills to know when we are being played. Which is pretty much every episode, all episode long. This show is all about manipulating viewers to cause chatter. That, plus reading the snark here keeps me coming back every season.

10 minutes ago, Token said:

I don't understand how that Mike guy is still there or why they even have him on the show.  He works for TMZ.... no way he's there for Becca.

Where does it say this? Wills USED to work for TMZ, they said so on a TMZ episode, and everyone was happy he made it through the first night. Nowhere have I seen a TMZ reference to Mike.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Okay, I need someone with the episode still... in I think the first commercial for that new trainwreck I could swear that I saw a familiar face but maybe with darker hair and then it popped back into mind that is was Scallop Fingers!!! Then they never showed that version again...

Yes you're right I saw that too! Her real name was Kristen or something like that. Anyone could tell from the premise this was a Bachelor produced show but now it looks like they're recycling contestants from the franchise. I know it's sure to be a train wreck but might be worthwhile to watch to see who else shows up from the franchise.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Where does it say this? Wills USED to work for TMZ, they said so on a TMZ episode, and everyone was happy he made it through the first night. Nowhere have I seen a TMZ reference to Mike.

Mike… Wills... they're all the same, really.  ;)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Becca may not be everyone's choice but think how bad it could have been.

This episode reminded me that it could have been Bekah.  Imagine two hours of Bekah posing for the camera and speaking "clever," lines she's memorized from old Cosmo stories.  'You want me because I don't need you." 

When the camera swung around and I saw how hard she had worked to arrange her robe to  show maximum skin, I had a flush of vicarious embarrassment that made my face burn.

• Love 16

I didn't understand how you can hurt yourself so badly falling out of bed. But then I guess it made slightly more sense when they showed it was a bunk-bed. That would definitely hurt. Still, I'm betting he doesn't look as bad as they are making it out to be. "He looks like he got mauled by a bear!" Uhhh....doubt it. 

I have never watched this show and I am kind of amazed how every man on this show is basically saying they're in love with a girl they just met. I know it's TV and I did read "Bachelor Nation" -- so now I understand they kind of have to or they get kicked off. But it makes it super hard for me to believe since you know...I live in the real world where men on match can't even be bothered to make plans, let alone profess undying love. 

• Love 3
On 6/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, saber5055 said:

Clay never did say what his injury was, just some vague "the doctor said it needed surgery NOW." But was it a break? A sprain? A what? He never said. Any ER doc could diagnose a green stick or fracture or break or even a sprain. But he needed an orthopedic doc to look at it? Plus he gave a better reason of why he was leaving to the other guys and sort of hemmed/hawed it around Becca.

Maybe he was trying to downplay the whole 'my career is more important than a chance with you' angle to Rebecca to spare her feelings? Yeah, she could draw that conclusion all by her own self, but at least he didn't baldly state it to her face.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I have never watched this show and I am kind of amazed how every man on this show is basically saying they're in love with a girl they just met. I know it's TV and I did read "Bachelor Nation" -- so now I understand they kind of have to or they get kicked off. But it makes it super hard for me to believe since you know...I live in the real world where men on match can't even be bothered to make plans, let alone profess undying love. 

Yeah.  On the bachelorette, a guy sees a cute girl that he kind of likes, and she's making out with another guy.  He thinks, "Oh no, I must prove that I am better, I must win her love and marry THAT GIRL." 

In real life, a guy sees a cute girl that he kind of likes, making out with another guy, he thinks, "I guess she's taken. I'll go talk to that other girl over there." 

It's such an artificial situation, that guys are able to convince themselves that they MUST win the prize, without seriously considering if that "prize" is really what they want.   Kind of like Peter (? wasn't that his name?)  last season.  He got criticized for being unwilling to commit.  When in the real world, if you know a guy who wants to propose to someone he's known for 6 weeks and she hasn't even been exclusive with him, most people would tell the guy to slow down, take his time, make sure you're certain before you propose. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I swear that when Becca came into the room when he as sitting on the couch, he hoisted himself up using the hand of the arm that had the splint on it.

He also did some weird, using of his 'injured' wrist to hoik himself into a different position, at one point, inside the ambulance. I thought, hang on, if it's even a bad sprain...

I found it odd that when he came back he was so vague - he'd have had an x-ray at least, so he'd know if it was a break by the time of leaving the hospital, surely...

Anyway, nice guy, glad he's prioritizing his career and family over this shit show.

4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

All those sinister clips of Jordan saying that if somebody crosses him, he'll "86" him, etc. etc.

I'd forgotten that bit - but Ioved the editing drama of Jordan saying he talks to God every day and that God listens and anyone who disrespects him ends up with Karma, and then.... stretcher! blood! ambulance! Oh my God! David falls out of his bed! God has struck him down for his impertinence against his chosen one, Jordan. So funny!

Without Jordan their would be no David making a boring goose out of himself by being enraged by the silliness that is Jordan, and no drama or energy to this thing at all. Colton and Tia.... ffffft. That's all they've got. Sad season!

• Love 6

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Clay's injury might be bogus.  He did seem to be using it at times, after he supposedly injured it, before going to the hospital.  I don't know what was going on with him... he seems sweet but very flat and emotionless.  Not that I blame him for wanting off this trainwreck and away from Becca!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TimeyWimey52 said:

I didn't understand how you can hurt yourself so badly falling out of bed. But then I guess it made slightly more sense when they showed it was a bunk-bed. That would definitely hurt. Still, I'm betting he doesn't look as bad as they are making it out to be. "He looks like he got mauled by a bear!" Uhhh....doubt it. 

That's why I'm utterly bored by this show . Because every single season all the girls abd guys declare their love for the bachelor/Ette after 1 date and also call them " my boyfriend " or "my girlfriend ".. what are they hugh Hefner ? I would like this show sooo much more if there was just more realness about it . Season after season we are subjected to robots who repeat the same lines over and over . I just watch out of habit at this point but bachelor in paradise is where it's at !

• Love 3

I read online that David's injuries are: Broken nose, concussion, and he had bleeding on his brain.  I know Jordan is well liked here so my unpopular opinion is I cannot stand him and wish he was gone so that some of the other guys would get some time in front of the camera and with Becca.  I bet if  Jordan was the one who fell on his face, he wouldn't be laughing the way he is about David getting injured.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 9:19 PM, violet and green said:

Kendell would've been great. Tia is awful and clearly seething she is not the Bachelorette. I would rather see a Baby Becca, or a Krystal season.

Becca is like some 1960s nun who thinks she's hip - well, no, actually, I've known hipper nuns... But I get that she's the 'exciting', rad, 'cool' one in her family, with that crucifix tattoo on her hand, rock on! etc. She's like an advertisement for a funeral plan.

Becca is made out of unsweetened marshmallow fluff.  I don’t even know if that’s possible.  She’s so blah that she could render plutonium harmless.  She could bore the demons from possessed people.  Something is mannequin looking about her jaw, too. 

i would love if the B-Ette were Tia.  She has a really bitchy vibe.  

Frankly I believe all these dudes are auditioning for BIP.  But I will never forgive the show for pooping chads pants, and whatever that Corinne/DeMario crap was. 

Why the hell do so many people get injured on this stupid show?  Last season sent a woman to the hospital with concussion.  You would think they were competing at the World Cup.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Becca is made out of unsweetened marshmallow fluff.  I don’t even know if that’s possible.  She’s so blah that she could render plutonium harmless.  She could bore the demons from possessed people.  Something is mannequin looking about her jaw, too. 

And,   I'm not gonna lie, her forehead is too low and pointy.  Let's get it all out, it's relieving!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

And,   I'm not gonna lie, her forehead is too low and pointy.  Let's get it all out, it's relieving!

She’s an air sandwich!

ok, I think she’s level headed and very attractive.  

But damn, it’s boring.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I bet if  Jordan was the one who fell on his face, he wouldn't be laughing the way he is about David getting injured.

Is it okay that Chris Harrison and Becca had to struggle to suppress a laugh when Harrison revealed the cause of David's injuries was falling out of his bed?

Of course Jordan wouldn't be laughing if he fell on his own face, it's his professionality!

• Love 10