Type keyword(s) to search

The Dead Zone - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Right now all 6 seasons of The Dead Zone are available free on the Roku Channel and TubiTv.  (They each have commercials, though there seem to be more of them on the Roku Channel.)

(edited)
20 hours ago, tessaray said:

Sometimes finding an older show can be challenging.  Where are you watching The Dead Zone?  (Legal sites only please.)

The only thing I see is Amazon Video: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053ZR8U2/ref=atv_feed_catalog?tag=tvli00-20

Many libraries have DVDs available, for example: http://www.worldcat.org/title/dead-zone-the-complete-first-season/oclc/174111680&referer=brief_results

Edited by shapeshifter

I rarely watch dvds, since I do most of my tv viewing either on my tablet or phone. So I was really disappointed that Amazon Prime didn't have it. A lot of times when it leaves Netflix you can often get it there. Though I suppose $12  per season (SD) isn't too bad and they're commercial free.  

But until I decide if I'm going to keep watching, I'll take the commercials and watch it free. :) 

https://tubitv.com/series/1939/the_dead_zone 

• Love 1

I recently came across The Dead Zone after adding the Roku Channel to my Roku. I remember watching the last couple of seasons during it's first run in but never saw it from the beginning, so I watched the first couple this week. I'll probably plug away at it. Though I switched to watching on TubiTV. 

And I'd forgotten that David Ogden Stiers was a regular. 

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I rarely watch dvds, since I do most of my tv viewing either on my tablet or phone. So I was really disappointed that Amazon Prime didn't have it. A lot of times when it leaves Netflix you can often get it there. Though I suppose $12  per season (SD) isn't too bad and they're commercial free.  

But until I decide if I'm going to keep watching, I'll take the commercials and watch it free. :) 

https://tubitv.com/series/1939/the_dead_zone 

I find there are many fewer commercials when you watch tubi in a browser rather than on the Roku.

3 hours ago, ketose said:

I find there are many fewer commercials when you watch tubi in a browser rather than on the Roku.

I didn't think about that. The Roku Channel had way more commercials than watching  it on Tubi in the browser but I thought it was the site difference, not the format used.  I rarely sit and watch the tv, so that's better for me anyway.  

Thanks to real life, I'm only up to S01:E05 but it's kind of weird, my husband was actually watching 12 Angry Men while I was watching Unreasonable Doubt on my computer.  12 Angry Men may be better (okay - Henry Fonda, Lee J Cobb, Jack Klugman) but I've got Jim Byrnes... so I'm happy.   

I loved, loved this show when it was on.  Seeing this thread makes me so happy.  I think the later seasons went off the rails a bit, but I still loved the overall premise. 

• Love 1

Yes, maybe watching from the beginning will help me figure out all that political conspiracy stuff with Stilson? I never did understand that part.

The 4th episode was pretty entertaining too, with the WWII romance and triangle. And the last scene twist. :-)  Also liked that Johnny couldn't help his own emotions getting tangled up in it. 

8 hours ago, tessaray said:

Yes, maybe watching from the beginning will help me figure out all that political conspiracy stuff with Stilson? I never did understand that part.

The 4th episode was pretty entertaining too, with the WWII romance and triangle. And the last scene twist. :-)  Also liked that Johnny couldn't help his own emotions getting tangled up in it. 

Yes, that will definitely help. 

• Love 1

The Stillson stuff got weirder and more convoluted in my opinion.

The problem is that the writers never could figure out when to "solve" the end of the world plot. At least in the movie, exposing Stillson ended a nuclear holocaust.

• Love 1

My husband and I did a Numb3rs rewatch recently, so working through the Dead Zone is weird, in that Dylan Bruno and Chris Bruno are very similar, even for brothers. Every time Walt is on, I mentally call him not-Colby. 

I'm only up to S01, E08. The House was creepy, very Stephen King-ish.  Enemy Mind was okay and Netherworld was sad.  I'm surprised they went with an episode with Johnny and Sarah so early on. I wonder if they weren't sure they'd get a 2nd season?

I'm always up for a bank robbery - looking forward to the next one.  

Yay. Made it thru the first season.  The Shaman episode was better than I expected, as it wasn't quite what I expected, if that makes sense. And now I get the whole end of the world thing with the Congressman.  

I wonder what John Adams is doing these days.  Didn't see anything recent in IMDB or a quick Google search.