Type keyword(s) to search

Halloween (2018)

• Start Topic

(edited)
34 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

I knew it would be back (and I think I'd even read somewhere that what they had in mind took up two more films), and I have the same mixed emotions now that it's official that I always have, because I think the ending of last year's was a really great ending for the franchise - for three generations of women to finally take him out.

And I know this one ignored all the sequels, so in this universe Michael didn't actually come back from what should have been death (including via beheading) over and over, but they are going to have to explain how he made it out of that basement.  And this is where my mixed emotions come in again, because it disappoints me that all her long-term planning to trap and kill him ultimately didn't work. 

Since we didn't see who was driving the truck that picked them up at the end, I thought perhaps Michael really would be dead, and we'd carry on with a new villain - maybe he really had been talking all this time, to one of the other patients at the institution, and that escaped patient would pick up his "quest" for him.  But then they'd have to come up with a whole new story for why it was personal to this dude, and what's Halloween without Michael Myers, anyway?  So, it'll be Michael vs. Laurie (and her family, hopefully) again, and make no mistake I will be there opening weekend both times.  I just hope they wind up going out on a high note that doesn't make me wish they'd just left it alone.  That they've done such advance planning - rather than deciding to do another one only because of the success of the last one - does give me some hope.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1