Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: Are You a Main Attraction?

• Start Topic

Each competitor must create a portable version of their signature dish and go head-to-head with another competitor to convince park guests to try their dish. Then, the heat is on as Giada and Bobby decide who gets sent home in the first elimination.

(edited)

Hell yes to everything cooksdelight said.

And why the HELL have judges on Comeback Kitchen if they can't make a decision?  How many times is that?

And NO grown-ass man should ever say, "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy".  Good riddance, doofus.

Edited by whinewithwine
  • Love 22
(edited)

What I did see coming...Adam and Amy both "winning" Comeback Kitchen.  And, so far, even with their slight flaws, I can see either one or the other becoming the next judge on Guy's Grocery Games (that's what this show is reduced to now).  Both of them have so much more going for them than anyone else in this group so far.

What I didn't see coming...the two I couldn't stand the most both leaving!  Chris with all that "LATINO!!!!  MIAMI!!!!" obnoxiousness would've been spared if Katie wasn't chosen by the resort guest.  But Jason...where did they find HIM?!  This David Cross-as-Donny-on-"Just-Shoot-Me" lookalike yelling out "YUMMY!!!!  BURGERS!!!!" like it's chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie may be hands down the absolute worst contestant ever on this show.  At least Danushka had a bit of snark to her, and the Iranian-American woman whose name I refuse to say could actually cook, even though she was nasty.  I wanted him gone from the first moment he opened his mouth.

Harrison is cute enough, but I don't want Giada ogling him like he's a cannoli with ree-goat-ah.  One Damiano was enough, thank you.

Next to go...please be Manny.  Energetic doesn't mean shrill screaming.

Edited by eyechart
added more
  • Love 16

I am disappointed they brought back both Adam and Amy.  I do think the right two were sent home.   I am glad that Rebekah stayed.   GeeAhDa ogling Harrison is going to get old.  

• Love 5

But Jason...where did they find HIM?!  This David Cross-as-Donny-on-"Just-Shoot-Me" lookalike yelling out "YUMMY!!!!  BURGERS!!!!" like it's chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie may be hands down the absolute worst contestant ever on this show.

Donny! That's who he reminded me of. I am so glad they got rid of him, I could not have taken another week of that dork. 

This group seems pretty pathetic, no wonder they brought back both Amy and Adam.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

20 seconds rubbing your belly isn't good? Who knew?

Show of hands who immediately thought of Friends and all the tips from his acting classes Joey taught everyone to pretend they liked the trifle. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7

I could hardly pay attention to this pathetic group because of Giada's first dress. I realize she's known for her cleavage, but that dress was just ridiculous. I wonder if she even realizes that her boobs as well as her teeth make her the object of ridicule.

• Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

I could hardly pay attention to this pathetic group because of Giada's first dress. I realize she's known for her cleavage, but that dress was just ridiculous. I wonder if she even realizes that her boobs as well as her teeth make her the object of ridicule.

I love cooking competitions and it just bums me that Giada is on this show.  Not that FNWS results in stellar new shows for the winners but it used to be fun for me to watch.  No more.  I just cannot with Giada, her absurd wardrobe, horrible laugh, ogling men and Bobby, disingenuous portrayal of one who actually eats when she clearly does not, bizarre tooth-filled smile that looks manic, weird way of talking after she’s taken a bite — I guess you can tell that just overall I cannot abide her.  I wish the Food Network would make a change in the hosts, but they seem to be beholden to Giada for some reason.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 12
(edited)

Loved Harrison opening the show with, I am thrilled to be here with Geeahdi and Ba Ba! Works for me!

FN needs some new faces so I am fine with Adam and Amy back especialy seeing the contenders.  Jesus. Love the Indian chef who beat Ba Ba Flay. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

I already strongly dislike Samone (how many times has she had to correct people's spelling of her name?).  Bitchy and way over the top.  And, dear, you're not a gourmet (adjective), your're a gourmand (noun).  At least you think you are.

• Love 7

I know I've seen Manny the firefighter/firehouse cook on another show.  Maybe Chopped? 

The blonde - Katie?  says she's a mom, personal trainer, nutrition consultant, AND owns a restaurant?  there has to be some explanation for that, she can't actually be working at all those jobs. 

I thought it was a bit cruel for the judges to be sitting under a large beach umbrella while all the contestants had to stand in the sun. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, eyechart said:

and the Iranian-American woman whose name I refuse to say could actually cook, even though she was nasty. 

Do you mean Palak (Indian-American)?  What's wrong with her name (genuinely interested)?  It's a traditional Indian name.

• Love 5

From the moment they showed Harrison on screen, I was thinking we don't need to go through all this, just give Harrison the show. Whether Harrison wins this show or not, Food Network is probably already planning his show. Harrison wins no matter what. He could have served dog food at the challenge and the woman would have picked his food. Needless to say, he looks really good on camera. 

I think the woman who beat Bobby Flay has a shot at this as well... and that one tiny lady, I think she was the one whose dad was in the service. 

The rest don't have a chance. Although I did like the one dude whose name I can't remember. He was the one who couldn't get the words out in one of the commentary segments. 

I'm confounded by how Jason got on this show. I can only think he was a plant to get rid of easily because both Adam and Amy were brought back. So it really came down to the other two. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Do you mean Palak (Indian-American)?  What's wrong with her name (genuinely interested)?  It's a traditional Indian name.

I think the poster was referring to a former contestant whose name is the same as a one-cent American coin.  Nothing wrong with Palak.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

I think the poster was referring to a former contestant whose name is the same as a one-cent American coin.  Nothing wrong with Palak.

And thank you for continuing to not mention her name. It can only bring bad things if you do.

• Love 7
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I was confused because my brain can't retain an episode from 20 minutes ago, never mind from a previous season.  (Unless it involved a sleazy cowboy whose name I (and apparently Food Network) refuse to say.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, mlp said:

Christian has competed on Chopped and even judged on Chopped.  He was a LOT thinner then.

Thanks, mlp.  This "where have I seen..." thing drives me nuts.

And who hasn't been on Chopped already, apart from us?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Brookside said:

Thanks for the explanation.  I was confused because my brain can't retain an episode from 20 minutes ago, never mind from a previous season.  (Unless it involved a sleazy cowboy whose I (and apparently Food Network) refuse to say.

Eeeeeek...whose name just so happens to rhyme with that same one-cent American coin!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Thanks, mlp.  This "where have I seen..." thing drives me nuts.

And who hasn't been on Chopped already, apart from us?

I don't know what you mean, I've been a judge on every episode I've seen :-)

• Love 15

FN seems absolutely determined to retain Amy.  She said her dish contained calamari repeatedly and neither Bobby nor Giada called her on it.  She even told her "customer" that her octopus was called calamari because it sounded better (or something).  One of the other contestants noticed too and said something like, "There's no calamari in that dish."  If anyone else had done that, they would have got the "food authority" lecture.  I don't know what they see in her.  She's not all that attractive and her attitude goes downhill fast when things aren't going her way.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Brookside said:

I don't know what you mean, I've been a judge on every episode I've seen :-)

You're right.  Senior moment.  Apologies!!!

2 minutes ago, mlp said:

She's not all that attractive and her attitude goes downhill fast when things aren't going her way.  

What was with that damn donut on top of her head?

• Love 9

Jess is freaking gorgeous, seems to make good food, and is being tarnished with being “too polished” which means in real life she would probably be a no brainer to at least shortlist for a show but on this show will probably barely make the top five. 

• Love 5

While I didn’t want Adam or Amy back, they are miles better than most of this crew. I see potential in Christian and Palak and they apparently both can cook. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. I almost miss Matthew.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Wings said:

Loved Harrison opening the show with, I am thrilled to be here with Geeahdi and Ba Ba!  Good for me!

FN needs some new faces so I am fine with Adam and Emily back especialy seeing the contenders.  Jesus. Love the Indian chef who beat Ba Ba Flay. 

Her name is Amy, not Emily.

Where in the world did this batch of fine folks come from? They're even more ridiculous than last season's folks!

Manny and Samone are already getting on my nerves. Manny is just too much, and he shouldn't have talked about people throwing up. Samone has so many THs.

I can't even spot the Middle Eastern one cent American coin in this 10.

There's not even anyone I can root for this season, although Katie seems a bit TOO boring for me, but at least she isn't over the top.

My prediction for the win is Palak because she beat Bobba.

Edited by Simon47
  • Love 1

Did FYI Network cancel Man Vs Child:Chef Showdown,or did they replace Adam with a new host? confused as to why he's there..

And wouldnt you know,there's a contestant on FNS named Jason who bears a somewhat uncanny resemblance to last season's winner! Thankfully he's gone.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, TDT said:

Did FYI Network cancel Man Vs Child:Chef Showdown,or did they replace Adam with a new host? confused as to why he's there..

And wouldnt you know,there's a contestant on FNS named Jason who bears a somewhat uncanny resemblance to last season's winner! Thankfully he's gone.

We had Jason Smith, and now we have Jason Goldsmith. Glad he is gone too.

I also noticed at the end of the episode, it said "In Memory of Mary Donaldson." Please give me some more information on that.

Edited by Simon47
Confusion on Mary Donaldson
7 hours ago, mlp said:

Christian has competed on Chopped and even judged on Chopped.  He was a LOT thinner then.

Thank you!!!!  I was just coming here to ask because he looked so familiar.  His shtick is hard to forget but I couldn't place him.  I guess Chopped is always a safe choice!

3 hours ago, Simon47 said:

We had Jason Smith, and now we have Jason Goldsmith. Glad he is gone too.

I also noticed at the end of the episode, it said "In Memory of Mary Donaldson." Please give me some more information on that.

Re Mary Donaldson - I googled and all I got was she was a TV producer but couldn't find more details.  I'm assuming she may have been involved with either this show or Food  Network in general.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Re Mary Donaldson - I googled and all I got was she was a TV producer but couldn't find more details.  I'm assuming she may have been involved with either this show or Food  Network in general.

She looks fairly young and was tweeting until a couple of days ago, so presumably her death was unexpected.

So, either it's her or Queen Mary (nee Donaldson) of Denmark died and the royal family didn't bother to tell anyone except Food Network.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, eyechart said:

What I did see coming...Adam and Amy both "winning" Comeback Kitchen.  And, so far, even with their slight flaws, I can see either one or the other becoming the next judge on Guy's Grocery Games (that's what this show is reduced to now).

You get Guys's Grocery Games if you're lucky. Otherwise you're relegated to 5th co-host of the Kitchen's already canceled web series. I just feel like they wouldn't have brought Adam back unless they wanted to work him back into their rotation, and needed to give him a more prestigious "title" than "Oh, hey it's that guy again."

I have no real reason why but I CANNOT STAND Adam Gertler. I've been this way since his first season on FNS.  I was annoyed when they kept giving him shows on FN and now I'm even more annoyed they want to make him a thing again.  Just give him another show no one will watch.  I'd almost prefer they bring Matthew back again over him.  I don't mind Amy and all the new contestants are nothing special.  Meh. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, radiochik said:

I have no real reason why but I CANNOT STAND Adam Gertler. I've been this way since his first season on FNS.  I was annoyed when they kept giving him shows on FN and now I'm even more annoyed they want to make him a thing again.  Just give him another show no one will watch.  I'd almost prefer they bring Matthew back again over him.  I don't mind Amy and all the new contestants are nothing special.  Meh. 

I must be living under a rock because I don't remember his season on FNS and I haven't seen him on any other shows. 

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 2

Like all of you, that was bad, bad, bad.  I kept wondering why jambalaya woman didn't do like a jambalaya arancini.  Not Italian obviously, but she could have chopped up the shrimp and made the rice and shrimp into balls and deep fried. Now you have a food you can eat with one hand and bonus - it's deep fried. 

I need Manny to go because he is too much and I can't handle that for a whole season.  And no more southern chefs! Food Network needs diversity not yet another person who can show me how to make fried chicken. 

• Love 6