Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: See You Soon, Macaroon 2018.06.07

Niagara Falls is the backdrop as the Bumblers, Maddie, Max, Sally, and Sofia try to stay one step ahead of the Doctor in an attempt to ensure their freedom and make the score of a lifetime. Series Finale.

(edited)

This season has been meh for me and the ending with Ezra answering the phone as The Doctor while looking at the Mexican con artist with a name I've apparently never bothered to learn, has me completely uninterested in a season three.

It looks like it is going to be on Amazon Prime or Netflix so maybe I'll stream both seasons this summer and see if my opinion changes. My hope for a Leverage type show has been completely dashed and I'm off to cry in my moonshine.

ETA: I just read about the cancellation. Even though I didn't care much for this season and had little interest in seeing another based on the ending of this episode, I still feel that the cancellation falls more on Bravo's shoulders then the actual show. I kept checking for a release date and there was never any advertisements. Finally, Bravo posted a few little articles about what was coming up for Season 2, but didn't really reveal much. They hardly supported the show, which had surprising viewership numbers for them in Season 1.

None of the networks like to advertise their shows anymore, don't get the viewership they want and cancel with little notice and often right in the middle of a season. I will never start at series on Fox again, because they cancel during the middle of the season so often. At least let the show do another episode to try and wrap some ends up. We no longer watch television like we used to and the networks refuse to get with the times. It's only been the last few years that they have accepted torrenting was not going away and people wouldn't purchase cable just to watch the shows. Like the music industry, they started letting people purchase shows without a cable subscription. 

Now the shopping around starts, and it may be still be picked up. A lot of shows aren't having any luck, however.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Christina said:

Now the shopping around starts, and it may be still be picked up. A lot of shows aren't having any luck, however.

It's pretty rare, for every Expanse and Brooklyn Nine Nine, there are far more shows that don't.

7 hours ago, gingerella said:

It was fine until Ezra assumed The Doctors role.  Ruined this show. Fucking asshole show ruiners.

It was never going to go any other way, as I far as I saw it.  Ezra really took to being a conman.  Yes, he struggled with what he did to that mug girl (Charlotte?), but I'm sure he'd be fine figuring out other ways to con people without going the sweetheart route.  Honestly, if it had been picked up, I fully would have expected the new season to pick up 6 months later with the Bumblers meet-up and realizing they all missed each other and the game and Ezra admitting that he picked up the Dr.'s mantle and them eventually coming around to working with Ezra.  I personally couldn't care less about Maddy, so I would hope she had stayed gone.  So, I guess that's my head cannon since this show is gone.  I'm sad because I literally just picked up this show a couple of months ago and binged to catch up and I already am missing it.  :(

• Love 3
15 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I think this worked very well as a series finale as long as I pretend that that last phone call never happened.

Agreed, this would've been the best ending with all things considered minus that last scene for a wrap up.

• Love 3

What was the point of Maddie doing that Olivia Pope strut? She'll be switching her hips right into federal prison.

Two things bothered me about this show: the only reason the first season worked is because they made the FBI look like complete fools, and in the second season there was too much wearing wigs on top of wigs. And they weren't even particularly good wigs. Meh.

I'll be stunned if another network picks this show up. The premise was okay but not sustainable in the long run, IMO.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Free said:

Agreed, this would've been the best ending with all things considered minus that last scene for a wrap up.

Sadly, I think the only reason that last phone scene was included was so that potential networks could see that there was potential to continue the show onward. And sadly still, networks think we viewers are stupid morons who'd buy that tripe. I hope nobody picks it up and it dies already. One of the great season 1 shows ever though!

• Love 1

I think my main issue with the last phone call scene and much of this season is Ezra's character became unrootable to me. In S1, he was a bit naive then he became smarter and more appealing on his quest to end things. Ever since Mexico, he's become smug and arrogant about his abilities. Both Jules and Richie have actually developed a lot as characters and grew through the last two seasons. However, they both come off as better people and characters than Ezra. Even Maddie has started to realize what an awful person she was. 

A lot of shows have anti-heroes or everymen who turn more grey, but the writing and maybe the acting can't pull it off here. It was a good first season and if the show had focused on more of this season on taking the Doctor down, it would have been a better second season. If they ever get more episodes, I'm skeptical if I'll ever watch again and definitely not for the Ezra/Sophia characters. 

• Love 4

This whole season , with Sally's masculine body type and that god-awful haircut, all I saw was the scarecow from the Wizard of Oz.

Oh, and I wish Paul Adelstein would stop writing himself as a character in EVERY SINGLE show he is is a writer/producer of.  We get it.

• Love 2

All in all, that went out with a whimper. Patrick was irrelevant and Maddie's smile while being arrested was weird. We get it, she's smug.

Richie and Jules were robbed this season. They were just window dressing for the evolution of evil!Ezra. S3 probably would've been about him flipping on them or becoming more morally bankrupt, which I have no desire to see. Also, no one cares about Max/Sally or Lenny/Shabby/Shaggy/whatever the hell her husband's name is. 

I think where this season went wrong is that S1 was a really strong examination of interpersonal dynamics and the psychological power of fantasy to impact how you see yourself/your life. The Bumblers had a very sweet and charming bond and they helped each other grow as people. This season, all three became simultaneously bland, cocky, and unlikable. The ring scam was a fun punch to end last year, but none of them are fit to be career criminals (BUMBLERS, hello) so making that the entire narrative arc of the season for the trio was a colossal fail. It played out like what high school drama kids imagine being a fugitive would be like.

S1 was so good, you guys. Should've left it alone. S2 was a massive fart under the wettest blanket by comparison.

Was anyone else majorly distracted by Ezra's suddenly visible grey hair???  

• Love 2