Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Sober Companions 2018.06.11

On 6/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, Driad said:

Is heroin actually "effective" if swallowed instead of injected?  Guessing it is less effective, but easier to dose someone that way, so they could just use extra.

From Heroin.net:

Oral – More than 30 minutes until effects felt. White powdered heroin can be taken orally in the mouth. However, there are individuals who report that they do not get an intense rush from the high with this method of administration.

This was one of 7 different ways to take heroin listed. Yikes. But I think, even if the rush wasn't as much, it still would trigger an addict.

• Love 4

Anybody still reading/responding to these episode boards: HOW did Sherlock deduce that Michael was the killer? Certainly, it was a fun, bold moment when he walked away from their meeting and said "yep, he did it." But I found both Michael and Sherlock totally convincing within their conversation--exactly how I would have expected each moment to play out if Michael were innocent or if Sherlock didn't suspect him at all. Thoughts? Or is it just so because the writers say it's so?
BTW, I watched Elementary on and off during its first few seasons, then got a little tired of it. But now, with extra time on my hands to devour content (it is May of 2020 as I write this), I decided to pick up with Season 5 and am having a good time! Looking forward to finishing the series. 

5 hours ago, rejnel said:

Anybody still reading/responding to these episode boards: HOW did Sherlock deduce that Michael was the killer? Certainly, it was a fun, bold moment when he walked away from their meeting and said "yep, he did it." But I found both Michael and Sherlock totally convincing within their conversation--exactly how I would have expected each moment to play out if Michael were innocent or if Sherlock didn't suspect him at all. Thoughts? Or is it just so because the writers say it's so?
BTW, I watched Elementary on and off during its first few seasons, then got a little tired of it. But now, with extra time on my hands to devour content (it is May of 2020 as I write this), I decided to pick up with Season 5 and am having a good time! Looking forward to finishing the series. 

I do not remember, but enjoy watching the rest of the show!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, rejnel said:

Maybe look here: https://cbselementary.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_Rowan

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, rejnel said:

I think part of it is that when he's "on" and focused, Sherlock is really, really, really good at reading people.  I just watched a Season Four episode where Morland tells Sherlock than an assassin who tried to killed him and did kill the woman he was dating had been "dealt with."  Sherlock responded with "Well, you're lying, so I'll just have to investigate and find out the truth myself."  There wasn't anything obviously off when Morland said what he said, but Sherlock detected the lie anyway.

Some of this show is scripted with the audience in mind, but some it of is just the occasional "detective superpowerz."  I think the bit with Michael was one of them.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2020 at 5:53 PM, jacehan said:

Is it just me or was Michael's home the same home as the guy from the Sophie Bishop sex tape episode?

Probably.  They re-use/re-purpose sets all the time to save money.  I really didn't notice and didn't care to notice.  I remember discussions about set re-use on some of the Arrowverse boards.  And... I just didn't care.  Shows have a budget.  Do you really want them to fire [insert actor/actress you like] so they can devote money to... having different-looking rooms?  I know I don't.