Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: No One's Gone - Speculation and Live Chat 2018.06.10

• Start Topic

I’m wondering how the Vultures managed to get the Walkers beyond the ball park’s perimeter. Could it have anything to do with the flimsy main gate, strengthened with a few pieces of timber? Or did they do what most sensible people would do, and park vehicles in front of and tight behind the gate, which would prevent even a ramming attack by a truck? I think not.

The sneak peek does at least look exciting, I still think Madison is alive and well and she’ll be leading us into the next adventure, which thankfully we won’t have long to wait to discover where that takes us, and as long as that’s away from the tedious Vultures all’s good.

• Love 2

My ‘tedious Vultures’ comment above was a bit unkind, I have genuinely enjoyed the season so far, unlike many, I’ve liked the time split, the different colour tones for each timeline and the story in general. It’s just Madisons inaction regarding an obvious threat that rankled a bit. How did the old ruthless, calculating Matriarch turn into Mother Theresa? The sit and wait technique to conquer a settlement didn’t really work for me.

Regarding Madison’s fate, They surely aren’t going to miss the opportunity to show us Her finding out about Nick’s death, so I’m positive they will meet up again, will Charlie get munched or end up as one of the team I wonder.

• Love 2

Hell hath no fury like Madison when she finds out Nick is dead, if she is truly alive. Alicia's wrath combined with Madison's wrath, I don't know if Morgan will be able to keep Charlie girl alive. Baddaboombaddabangbang!

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for the videos OooMaggie. Who do you think ripped Al's door off? It was funny, her stating how strong her door is made and BAM, off with it! lol

• Love 2

Looks like we get to see lots of John and Naomi. Hope it's not a cliff hanger with John's fate. They make a nice couple. One has to wonder how Al gets all the munitions for SWAT vehicle! lol. Is there anything Al won't record?

• Love 1

CR, you haven’t seen the runners talking about QuickDraw then? Yeah bullets and fuel, she’s going through both like it’s not a problem!

as for the Swatmobile door, I can’t imagine how ‘they’? Pulled it off, I was assuming the threat was from the walkers, we know Alicia & Co get there so it must have been them.

I can't wait to see how they pull that door off. It made it appear so easy, no explosion, just ripped right off. Probably tied the handle onto something and pulled. But, what could rip a door off like that and make it appear so easy.

(edited)

An interview with ‘Strand’ from ComicBook.com

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/06/06/fear-the-walking-dead-mid-season-finale-changes-everything/

Fear the Walking Dead's upcoming Mid-Season Four finale will change the show as fans know it according to Victor Strand actor Colman Domingo.

With Episode 4x07 setting the stage for a devastating Mid-Season finale before long summer break, Domingo says Episode 4x08 will change the series in ways which can never be undone. “It’s phenomenal,” Domingo told EW. “It is a groundbreaking episode. A lot has been going on with all of the time jumps and now we’re going to come to a culmination of all the reasons why the story had to be told in that way — why Alicia, Luciana, and I are as vicious as we are. All the reasons will come to the light.”

With many expecting to see Madison's fate finally being revealed in Episode 4x08, most suspecting she will go down with the baseball stadium, Domingo's sentiment makes it seem like it won't be that simple.

“This one is really going to blow your mind,” Domingo said. “I watched it yesterday in my hotel room and I had an ugly cry. There are some disastrous things that will happen and it’s going to be gripping and it’s going to change the course of the show forever.”

Still, in an interview, Domingo had an optimistic outlook for Madison. "A little hope for Madison?" Domingo said. "There's a lot of hope for Madison! Madison is such a compelling, interesting, strong, ferocious character. You never know. There's some speculation. They don't know what's going on because we haven't seen her in the new timeline. Is she kidnapped? Did she runaway? Is she holed up somewhere in a basement? You have no idea."

One of the major changes will be the storytelling manipulating a pair of timelines. After the Mid-Season Four finale, Fear the Walking Dead will tell a linear story taking place in the "NOW" and ditch the episodes being split into "BEFORE" scenarios. The split timelines have been a bit confusing for some viewers and Domingo's experience on set has been similar.

“The easiest thing for me to do is see what costume I’m wearing,” Domingo said. “It reminds of where we are and what the stakes are. We’re basically playing two characters the entire time because we’re playing two timelines with different needs and stakes. This season has been a roller-coaster in every single way.”

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

We have the season ender marathon on in the background as we're doing prep work to paint upstairs walls.  That's not something I probably would have done with this show before this season.  It's really quite astounding how much more watchable just adding Morgan and John to the cast has made this.

• Love 8

My hope is Madison's not gone. How many more character's can they kill off? I know it's a "re-boot"; but seems to be an entirely different show now. If they kill Madison off, no wonder they had to bring in so many new cast members. Soon, they'll be no originals left. Adding Luciana back, with Nick gone, isn't that much of an "add" for me.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

We have the season ender marathon on in the background as we're doing prep work to paint upstairs walls.  That's not something I probably would have done with this show before this season.  It's really quite astounding how much more watchable just adding Morgan and John to the cast has made this.

It has helped me not to hate it ;)

• Love 6

Losing Nick was a big lose, a big one. They should have paid him 20 million. I hope Madison is alive too. How would you speculate that, how would that fit in to the big picture? 

If you play the Rewards points, tonight's show is worth 500! So, keep your eyes open during commercials for the rewards code word. 

• Love 2

I agree Lucianna couldn't get any more boring!!at least Alicia's character shows possibilities....I like Strand also..and Daniel..but if Garett , Morgan and Naomi..leave show will die also..just like The Walking Dead is going to

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Coleman and Alycia will be on TTD tonight, with a surprise guest.

My guess is Kim Dickens.

I truly believe Madison died when the Stadium got overrun.

Anyone agree or think she got saved by a Dumpster?

Geez, I really hope not. She has grated since the first episode (to me, at least). It's funny cause I really liked the Travis character. She never really fitted into the role of a mother/guidance counselor, she wasn't believable in either one. And there never seemed to be evidence that she would be a survivor, just too stupid. Sorry, just my opinion. I have always watched in spite of her.

• Love 4

if they wanted to end TWD, a good place to have stopped is when the Negan war ended. If certain people leave TWD, then that show will more than likely die. The FTWD would not be far behind. Hope I am wrong.

• Love 3

Have to check out for a few..Having problems with AMC site..it's not downloading the videos for me..I may not be able to watch tonight,..watch on my laptop..don't have cable..brother does..watch through his internet connection..

Agree, Jingles. Lucianna didn't even get that emotional when Nick died. Her character is a shadow of her former one, at best. She's not really added anything to this season, imo. I like Strand, but I think his interaction with Madison adds something. They can't kill off anyone new, or.....

Hey Red Fields, bummer about your power.  If you play rewards points keep an eye here. We will let everyone know what the code word is when it comes up. Tonight it is 500 during the show, and 300 after the show. Even if you don't get the 500 points tonight, you can get 300 after.

• Love 1

I just watched last week's episode without the distraction of snark posting.  Wow, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie--the whole world lost its collective mind over Charlie. 

I wonder if the writers were going for a "children are our future" thing or relying on that dusting of freckles across her little snub nose?

She's lucky I wasn't there to contribute an opinion.

• Love 4

The Vultures were a hateful group. They were determined to win even though Madison and her group out scavenged them. Hope they get their comeuppance. 

Can't wait for Hotel Artemis, especially the return of Foster. 

10 minutes ago, Red Fields said:

Came hone to find my power out after a thunderstorm. Probably won’t get to watch with y’all. Enjoy!

Oh no!  Is it a thsand dgs . . .

CA!  my kybad s shtng t agan

• Love 1
Just now, WalkerTalker said:

Evening, Do we have to head over to the FTWD Forum, or can we chat here?

This is where we watch and chat during the episode.

• Love 1