Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Family Ties 2018.06.07

• Start Topic

As the Hilton Head trip comes to an end, Shep visits his mom and finally admits some truths about himself, as Chelsea takes a trip down memory lane and opens up about her past. Meanwhile, back in Charleston, Austen attempts to make amends with Victoria, and Cameran finally welcomes her new bundle of joy.  When everyone comes together to celebrate Saint's second birthday, Thomas and Kathryn finally find the sweet spot with their co-parenting. Ashley, on the other hand, has a bone to pick that might just send her packing.

Craig admitted that lying comes naturally to him. Well! Maybe that’s one thing we know he might not be lying about. When the camera is off I hope the therapy goes to a place that really helps him. 

• Love 15

Look out Ashley, Thomas is coming out of his stupor and realizing that central casting hired him a dud  of a mouthpiece ( it's you just in case you are to dense to know that you are the rube).

• Love 12

Did Kanye name his son, Saint?

I think Kathryn might be over Thomas...I hope so, if not she should get dragged on Twitter.  She needs to concentrate on her kids and not that zero.

I don't like Kathryn, to me, she's just a glorified babymama.  However, she and Thom-ass have two kids, and if they try to make the best out of a fucked up situation, then it's all good. 

I don't like the dragging of Ashley on this board, but if she can't see that even though Thom-ass and Kathryn have a fucked up situation and are trying to make the best of it, then she needs to step aside. 

Did someone say, "that's in British?"  I didn't know British was another language, thanks for that.

Kathryn, stay away from Shep, he's just a younger version of Thom-ass.

• Love 14

Was it Kathryn’s lipstick accumulating on Saint’s face?  Was he having an allergic reaction to his birthday party?  What was happening to his face?!  It didn’t look like he had any marks before they left Kathryn’s apartment.

• Love 18
Just now, TexasGal said:

Was it Kathryn’s lipstick accumulating on Saint’s face?  Was he having an allergic reaction to his birthday party?  What was happening to his face?!  It didn’t look like he had any marks before they left Kathryn’s apartment.

I think it was face paint?

Ashley, it’s best to not stick your nose in the middle of Kathryn and TRav. You aren’t a family, either; and at least Kathryn is the bio mom. If she’s trying, she deserves respect* for that.

* As in human dignity

• Love 24

I'm not a huge fan of Kathryn but thought it was kinda awesome that she sleep-eats s'mores and wakes up with chocolate on her face.

Notice Shep has almost always been wearing baseball caps lately.  Is he losing his hair and trying to cover that up?

• Love 16
(edited)

It hasn't been sudden.  There have been all kinds of hints this seasons between Shep and Kathryn. 

They're both very introspective about their past and very flattering of each other.

I like Craig's lifecoach.  It's a good thing she isn't a Reiki master.  He has a chance....

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Ashley, it’s best to not stick your nose in the middle of Kathryn and TRav. You aren’t a family, either; and at least Kathryn is the bio mom. If she’s trying, she deserves respect* for that.

To me, Kathryn is no different from the women who get pregnant by ballers, hoping they'll marry them.  Hopefully she's learned her lesson.  But, though the situation was fucked up and less than ideal, TRav and Kathryn have two kids together and, for their sakes, have to make the best of the situation.  

To me, it's about the children.  They didn't ask to come here, so everybody needs to make sure they grow up healthy and happy.  Ashley can't stand Kathryn and that's okay, but she should be like, "I fucking hate that bitch, but those kids deserve a good life, so I'll step away for now."

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Kathryn and Shep.

They're setting us up.  I feel it.  Feel.  It.

Yep .. me too.  I got the feeling that there’s something there.  Stranger things have happened.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I don't blame Victoria for being concerned about the Chelsea-Austen relationship.  The red flags are there.  I think Austen still wants Chelsea and he's settling for friendship.

It's hard to feel sorry for her when she decided to screw her friendship with Chelsea and go for her ex for a shot to be in the show. I mean, one has to be very dense to not know that if they have a "relationship" at the time of filming, it's going to be on the show. 

• Love 23

It seems sudden to me since Shepl hasn't always been supportive or complimentary to Kathryn. He was dismissive and meh and Craig was more in her corner and able see any worth. 

Chelsea was brave sharing her experience and feelings tonight. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I am here all day for Craig in face paint. Loved how the grown ups participated in the merriment. :) 

Shep and Katherine were kind of adorable. And glad she knows better than to date Shep, heh. 

Those are some cute kids, man. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Saint is one of the all time stupidest names to saddle a kid with.  Poor little guy.

I don't know...Apple, North...

Chelsea is such a tough guy. I actually think Austen is better suited to be with Victoria than Chelsea.  

I suppose Austen deserves neither. The tool.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

It seems sudden to me since Shepl hasn't always been supportive or complimentary to Kathryn. He was dismissive and meh and Craig was more in her corner and able see any worth. 

Chelsea was brave sharing her experience and feelings tonight. 

It seems that Shep is liking the new Katherine. After all, before, he had Cameron for his best bud, now it looks like he is getting close to Katherine.  Could be a friendship or a love interest.  He may be getting tired of his bachelor ways and Katherine has changed for the better in many ways.  She’s taking him to the hospital, bringing him soup.  He could have asked Austin or Craig but opted for Katherine instead.  Hmmmm.

• Love 6

I hope all the bunnies around Charleston are still alive and well.  I worry about them.

I’m not sure how to explain it, but, Kathryn never seems all that maternal with her kids.  She somehow doesn’t seem like their mother.

• Love 15

There's no way that Shep and Katherine are going to be a thing.  She's got 2 kids and the drama that is TRav and Shep can't even commit to getting a pet dog.

I'm surprised that Shep's mom hasn't been more involved in finding him a wife...

I think Victoria is a little too jealous over Austen, I mean, it's Austen!  The unemployed beer salesman!  And she wants to fight Cheltsie for him...but Cheltsie doesn't actually want him, she just doesn't want him to date anyone else...

Craig is a liar!  Dumbest shocker ever.  Remember that time he lied about graduating law school TO HIS PARENTS!! Or that time he lied about taking the Bar, ON NATIONAL TV! And he roped Naomi into lying for him as well!  We now know that Craig thinks he's a great liar that can manipulate anyone...except the boss who fired him in season one for not showing up for work and the girlfriend who finally got fed up with the lies.

• Love 24
(edited)

I loved Saint’s party. Actually- I got tears in my eyes. There is something about baby Saint that makes me feel protective of him and the happiness he had made me feel hopeful and I loved it  

On to the trash talk . Yeah right- Shep would never like Katherine.  

For reasons unknown (ok- time on my hands) I rewatched season one of Damages this week. Glenn Close plays a bad ass high power attorney and at one point prides herself on being a good liar. I couldn’t help but wonder if Craig had time on his ands and watched too and adapted the personae. Craig’s not a liar, is he?  I mean he’s kind of a “one day I will be”a but a liar? Let’s just rewatch Gossip Girls, C. Xoxo

damn it just read scenicbyway and Craig is a liar who lies!  Yes, ok. Here I was finding friendship in watching 2002 shows but no, I was wrong.  I forgot his lies. His hotness and sewing and Gizmo pact blinded me. 

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 2
(edited)

I did a season dump today. What stood out to me most was when Ashley asked if he thought of her today and smirked when she commented that she was sure Kathryn did. It was a kids birthday,  that's just psycho bish behavior. I'm with Kathryn,  I'd go to court to keep that crazy, crass,  and narcissistic,  future bunny boiling woman away from my child. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 21
18 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm not sure how to explain it, but, Kathryn never seems all that maternal with her kids.  She somehow doesn’t seem like their mother.

You know it's the strangest thing, I see that too. I was never a Kathryn fan ever but I really like the Kathryn 2.0 we're seeing this season. I like the friendship with Shep and I really hope it's just camaraderie. I definitely agree she seems stiff with the children on camera but I think her intentions with them are genuine. I'm wondering if it is nervousness about essentially being under surveillance on filming days, and not wanting to screw up or make a false move.

• Love 23
(edited)

I like Craig's lifecoach.  It's a good thing she isn't a Reiki master.  He has a chance....

Hahahaha! This cracked me up so much! Good thing Craig does not go by a nickname, because if he asked her to call him by his real name I would laugh so hard. Hell, maybe Craig can ask his life coach to call him Jason just to amuse me.

I thought Thomas seemed to be high or something when Ashley was talking to him. I was drinking wine so I probably perceived the whole scene wrong. Though either way, I will always hate Thomas.

Ashley seems to be stealing from RHOC Brooks' playbook with all the cheesy, romantic comedy/Hallmark card sayings.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I hope all the bunnies around Charleston are still alive and well.  I worry about them.

I’m not sure how to explain it, but, Kathryn never seems all that maternal with her kids.  She somehow doesn’t seem like their mother.

You are right.  I feel the same way.  If that were me, I’d be bawling every minute if I couldn’t see my kids.  Actually, she doesn’t show too much emotion with anything except screaming at Thomas in the old days when she was with him.

• Love 5

I don’t see what the hellThomas sees in Ashley, unless it’s scripted.  She is a horror, not to mention a cruel, sarcastic big mouth who’s always hanging on him and busting his chops.  I hope she doesn’t come back from California.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Me.  I had an outpatient procedure and was given one of those "good drugs".  After the surgery I was mesmerized by the cool bubbles in my styrofoam cup of Diet Coke and insisted that I be allowed to wear my surgical hat home.  My husband stopped at the supermarket on the way home.  As he slowed down to turn into a parking space, I shouted "I want bagels" and hopped out of the car while it was still moving. I was still wearing the cap. By the time my husband caught up with me I had FILLED the cart with bagels,, cream cheese and orange juice.  Mr. Moving put back most of the stuff and got me home.  When I went back to the store the following week, several of the store employees had big smiles on their faces and asked me if I was feeling better.  

I just read this to my husband and we’re cracking up.  I had a procedure done Memorial Day and was acting nuts on the way home.   I blamed the anesthesia.  Haha.  That cap is charming btw and I wore the surgical socks to bed.

• Love 10

I’m feeling the girl power and I like it. The way the women surrendered and supported Katherine was glorious. 

I think we are seeing a new mindset.  If I recall correctly it was Chelsea  an Naomi who began the shift in the beginning of the new season. Good for them!  

• Love 14

I can’t stand Craig ... he goes around acting as if he knows all.... telling Dani which crab to pick.... them it was bbqing at shep’s ... then at life coach meeting where he says he has a gift to read people and steer them where he wants .... when in actuality he’s a piece of shit loser who can’t hold a job and sits around sewing. Pretty much all the guys on this show are d bags .... Thomas is a dirt ball who’s got criminal charges going against him... shep is worthless just lives off family money and looks like a haggard beaver .... Austen is a typical new aged male ..... doesn’t want to work .... just be a pretend entrepreneur and is a sissy through and through .... I don’t see why 2 good looking girls are after him .... he’d just leech off them ..... Whitney is just strange and creepy and is only in love with a mirror 

• Love 11

First time poster on the SC forum. I usually stick to teen mom. 

I actually really like Kathryn this season. I think she has grown up an matured. However, She has such a constant sadness about her. I think we sometimes forget his young she is and how much she has been through. Having two babies under 3 I can’t imagine the pain she must go through not having her babies with her all the time.

tbst being said , and I’m sure it’s been discussed so bear with me as a first time poster, is there something wrong health wise with saint? It seems he’s non verbal st 2. That’s very concerning. Also what was all

over his face at the party? Like scratches? There just seems to be something developmentally wrong with him. Does anyone know if there is and what it is? I sure hope they are getting that poor little baby some help. He seems very sweet.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, KittyKat133 said:

First time poster on the SC forum. I usually stick to teen mom. 

I actually really like Kathryn this season. I think she has grown up an matured. However, She has such a constant sadness about her. I think we sometimes forget his young she is and how much she has been through. Having two babies under 3 I can’t imagine the pain she must go through not having her babies with her all the time.

tbst being said , and I’m sure it’s been discussed so bear with me as a first time poster, is there something wrong health wise with saint? It seems he’s non verbal st 2. That’s very concerning. Also what was all

over his face at the party? Like scratches? There just seems to be something developmentally wrong with him. Does anyone know if there is and what it is? I sure hope they are getting that poor little baby some help. He seems very sweet.

The logical conclusion is FAS. This has not been established definitively but text messages leaked from custody battle court documents a year or two ago in which Thomas alluded to medical issues afflicting "poor Saint." He attributed them to Kathryn's substance abuse. 

It certainly makes sense. On the other hand, Thomas IS an inveterate liar and I don't believe the aforementioned documents included any of Kathryn's responses to Thomas. 

• Love 10