Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Better Late Than Pregnant

• Start Topic

The stage is set for Jon Moody's Jazzfest launch party, but everyone has their baggage to unpack first; Tamica and Barry attempt to remain focused on family matters; Justin and Kelsey adjust to the harsh reality of moving in with Justin's mom; Jon's party brings out the best dressed with an art and jazz-filled night; and Reagan grapples with a major surprise.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Does Gian want to be an actual cast member?  She's sure in this show a lot.

Since they both met in high school, maybe this is a "single white female" situation.  Maybe Gian wants to be Tamica, she certainly is copying her hairstyle, which she should not do.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Ok Tamika, I get that you are ready for your first French 75 at 9am but I think she had two. I’m counting because unless it’s the weekend she has business and her daughter to attend to later in the day. 

Or maybe I’m just jealous (but I’d rather a Bloody Mary or Mango Mimosa). 

• Love 5

Jeeeeesuuuuus! We “got the full Jon Moody experience” with that swim in the see-through white spandex pants! I thought for sure one of those paper lanterns was going to fly right into the painting on the roof, setting it ablaze. I have absolutely nothing else to say about this episode, other than I look forward to a season 2 with this cast exactly as is—including Jon Moody’s spandex pants. 

• Love 14

Did Kelsey say to Justin that she is still a Virgin and staying that way until marriage? It was the last few seconds n 

i don’t think she’s going to be happy living with his Mom. Not that I find anything wrong with his Mom but he is a mama’s boy so I hope that they don’t start competing for his attention. 

Well now the wait to see if there’s a season 2. 

• Love 5

Even if they don't get a second season (and I really hope they do) I want Bravo to at least do a special when Jeff dresses up like the Easter bunny. 

I love this cast! I love them even more because they love Hurricane Tamica. It's nice to see real friendship on one of these shows. Some of them are flawed but not irredeemable. 

I hope all the couples make it; they seem good together.

• Love 6

Kelsey has to be THE most unattractive woman I have seen on any reality show...like wow?.  Her profile shows a boxer-ish broken nose to add to it.

And I think Justin is the hottest/nicest dude Ive seen on tv in awhile.....I mean what the hell??

• Love 10

Why is Tamica trying so hard to convince us that she and Barry had sex -- at Gian's party? Probably for the same reason she shoved cake into her husband's face -- in front of Gian. This Mean Girl stuff is really sad to watch.

• Love 7

Reagan is one selfish bitch .... everything revolves around her .... the way she talks down to Jeff .... “you’re not ready for a baby” .... also I can’t stand Jeff’s nasty beard .... he needs to shave that thing 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did Kelsey say to Justin that she is still a Virgin and staying that way until marriage? It was the last few seconds n 

I think she meant that she was "new" to his family and didn't want to have sex in his mother's house.

Loved the scene with Rani, Susan, and Tamica.

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't expect real reality from my reality shows, but at least make an effort. Stevie Wonder could have seen through the Reagan pregnancy scare, & the Tamica/Barry "sex" scene. Which, way to keep it klassy, y'all. Only Dr. Toothbrush & I know the details of our sex life, & I would not have even pretend sex at a party to wrap up that part of my storyline. And then come out with my dress all askew with my hubby adjusting/zipping his fly. Sheesh! 

How many 'World Changer' tees does Jon Moody own? He's great looking & talented, but he oozes self-importance which drops him several notches on the attractive scale for me. 

59 minutes ago, Christi said:

Kelsey has to be THE most unattractive woman I have seen on any reality show...like wow?.  Her profile shows a boxer-ish broken nose to add to it.

And I think Justin is the hottest/nicest dude Ive seen on tv in awhile.....I mean what the hell??

I agree about Justin, but I don't think Kelsey is all that unattractive. Her profile is a little um, not beautiful, but I would consider her attractive. 

Living with mama is not going to fly with Ms K. Get a rental for a few months. 

Edited by Toothbrush
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

I agree about Justin, but I don't think Kelsey is all that unattractive. Her profile is a little um, not beautiful, but I would consider her attractive. 

I also think she is attractive in her own way. Her profile resembles Barbra Streisand’s and I think she is more attractive as we get to know her. It helps, too, that she really is nice compared to the portrayals of Tamica and Reagan. And she seems funny. I liked what she said to Jon Moody about his sayings - he could keep them!

• Love 12
(edited)
6 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Living with mama is not going to fly with Ms K. Get a rental for a few months

But then they would have no storyline....

Reagan needs to stop treating Jeff like a little boy. I can't stand the way she talks to him. However, I'm starting to believe he does have a brain injury. I can't put my finger on it but he's just not right. 

Tamica and Barry and sex in the bathroom. Yeah, ok.

Jon coming out of the pool, Barry's hard as a rock ass in the shower. Ok, producers, we get it. Their bodies are to die for. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

No disrespect to Justin's mom, who seems perfectly nice, but if my long-term insisted we move back to the parents and there weren't extreme circumstances that made that move make sense my subconscious would be going full Amityville, "GET OUT!"......

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

However, I'm starting to believe he does have a brain injury. I can't put my finger on it but he's just not right. 

I agree- and it's sad because he seems like the only likable, genuinely funny person in the main cast.  It was so sweet how excited he was about possibly having a baby, and my heart hurt for him when Reagan told him no.    I hope he gets the help he needs, he seems to be in a lot of pain physically and emotionally.

Jon Moody is such a joke.  I mean he is talented but takes himself waaaaay too seriously.  Every gratuitous abs shot made me giggle.  I'd take a dad bod over that any day- it was just too much.

• Love 11
(edited)

I actually think Kelsea is very pretty.  It really depends on her make-up.  When she goes light on the make-up she looks great, but when she goes heavy, it really takes away from her natural beauty...imho.  She’s every bit as attractive as Justin physically, but Justin is attractive to me because he just seems like a great guy.

Jeff is a sweetheart, but there is something almost childlike about him.  I can’t for the life of me picture him on an nfl team.  

I am 50/50 on Reagan.  She knows how to put Tamica in her place.  She and Jeff host parties effortlessly.  I just don’t know what her angle is with Jeff.  It’s hard for me to judge her when I as a viewer suspect something isn’t 100% right with Jeff even though I really like him.  He seems to only be able to handle very simple tasks right now. 

This show was so much better than Savannah.  It approached a lot of delicate issues like race, marriage issues, possible brain injuries, etc..with a lot of humility/class.   Plus the food shown was top notch!  I must go to New Orleans.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 14

Last night was actually the first time I found Kelsey attractive. That nose though in profile view is just not good though and I think she looks best with an updo.

My husband walked in on Reagan screaming on the toilet and was shocked that we were witnessing her actually pissing on TV. He obviously hasn't watched enough BRAVO. I wish Barry hadn't immediately ran off to tell Jeff about Reagan being late but the whole idea of having to wait for the Easter Egg hunt pregnancy test was idiotic in the first place. I actually thought she was pregnant the way she screamed like that. Speaking of Barry, he reminds me of someone else famous. Like, a mix between Rev. Run and someone else I can't place. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, nb360 said:

Why is Tamica trying so hard to convince us that she and Barry had sex -- at Gian's party?

Because she was marking her territory around Gian.

Kelsey is not that bad looking, she just has a strange nose. She has nice big eyes and beautiful curly hair.  It's actually refreshing to see, since we're used to seeing fake boobs, nose jobs, lip injections, butt implants, etc.   Justin finds her attractive and that's all that matters.  She looks like the average woman to me.

Reagan was too happy that she wasn't pregnant.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

i don’t think she’s going to be happy living with his Mom. Not that I find anything wrong with his Mom but he is a mama’s boy so I hope that they don’t start competing for his attention. 

Well now the wait to see if there’s a season 2. 

I think she was referencing the fact that the shop is closed while they are at Mama's. She started by saying something along the lines of "Look, I haven't cemented a position in this family yet". My assumption was he was trying to get frisky and she was not having it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

What??? After all her promises of I’m your family and I’ll stick by you forever mantras? Which site did you see this on. 

Right?? I get why his problems might be too much for her to handle especially because she's looking at what the future holds for him but then damn, don't lie to the man with the constant I love you's and we will have babies when it's right and holding his face in her hands reassuring him it's all gonna be ok. Bitch!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'd heard a rumor about them splitting up a few days ago, but that confirms it.  But, man, that first picture: Reagan and Tamica pose "with a friend"?  Bravo has idiots working on its site because that dude is Tamica's brother, who has been on the show in almost every episode!  (But Bravo tech is for shit; my TV died and I have to watch the show on the app, and that thing does not work right at all.)

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think she was referencing the fact that the shop is closed while they are at Mama's. She started by saying something along the lines of "Look, I haven't cemented a position in this family yet". My assumption was he was trying to get frisky and she was not having it.

Yep, exactly.  Kelsey was saying as far as his family knew, she was a virgin and he wasn't getting any until they moved out, to also inspire him to get done with the reno house ASAP.

I will say that at least this pregnancy test story was at least plausible.  Reagan was no Ramona on a boat situation. LOL!

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

However, I'm starting to believe he does have a brain injury. I can't put my finger on it but he's just not right. 

I don't think it's a brain injury.  I think it may come from his mother stealing from him.  I mean that has to fuck up someone's head.  Jeff should have been in therapy a LONG time ago.

I love Tamica and Barry together.

This was the first episode when I really "saw" Kelsey.  To me she seems just, "there."

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

Jon is so shallow I FF'd through his pool scene because I knew he was only talking about himself in the VO.

Tamica is so love-hateful I was tearing up when she was at the radio with that buttercup Raini and ready to slap her about Gian. And then her ass went and apologized. I was so proud! Until the fakesex.

Kelsey is so one note I knew she would turn the arguments about being in Justin's Mama's house into a(nother!) nagwhine about marriage. I don't know nothing about moving in with no dude's parents when we're just dating.

Reagan  and Jeff are so in two totally different marriages. Reagan is like 25 at the beginning of her adulthood (grad school, first place of her own, hanging out in the French Quarter) and Jeff is like 55 and ready to retire with the (grand)kids. All that time apart while he played football masked a gulf of differences. She needs a divorce and he needs a job.

• Love 13
21 hours ago, Christi said:

LOL to me they look like they could be cousins, very similar bone structure and noses.

• Love 8

For someone who always feels the need to discuss grievances with people, why doesn't Tamica ever use a phone or set up a separate one on one? Why doest everything always have to happen at someone else's event? 

For anyone who feels like they need to have a checklist of accomplishments before they 'settle down' is someone who isn't actually ready to get married, in my opinion. And that doesn't mean that they don't have the maturity yet to be get married - they could very well be in a long term, committed relationship, but a long term relationship doesn't equate to being ready for marriage. And while his mom could overhear them talking about something, she was the one that continued to have the argument in front of his mom when she was in the room so you can't then complain that it's an issue to keep things secret when living with his parents. 

Rainy is precious. I really hope Tamica keeps her word and carves out some more family time. The best thing about Tamica is the despite all of her bad habits, she has seemed to surround herself with some quality people and I really do like that they don't all co-sign her behaviour. It's been all of her closest friends that have put her in her place. 

Does Reagan really cook in those kinds of clothes? How does she not mess her clothes up at all?

• Love 2

Charmers,

A slew of posts were moved to the Jeff and Reagan thread.  We're not overly nervous about spoilers in this particular forum, but these posts are focused on the couple, not on the episode.  If you're wondering where your post went or if you want to chat more about the not-so-happy couple, head over to the Jeff and Reagan thread.

Thanks! 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2018 at 10:13 PM, talktoomuch said:

Jon is so shallow I FF'd through his pool scene because I knew he was only talking about himself in the VO.

Tamica is so love-hateful I was tearing up when she was at the radio with that buttercup Raini and ready to slap her about Gian. And then her ass went and apologized. I was so proud! Until the fakesex.

Kelsey is so one note I knew she would turn the arguments about being in Justin's Mama's house into a(nother!) nagwhine about marriage. I don't know nothing about moving in with no dude's parents when we're just dating.

Reagan  and Jeff are so in two totally different marriages. Reagan is like 25 at the beginning of her adulthood (grad school, first place of her own, hanging out in the French Quarter) and Jeff is like 55 and ready to retire with the (grand)kids. All that time apart while he played football masked a gulf of differences. She needs a divorce and he needs a job.

Lol!!! Perfect, all of it.

GIF-Gurl-You-Girl-Oh-girl-Guuurl-GIF.gif

Where they do this at? 

Barry needs a divorce too.   She said he's 46.  With an ass like that.   

VekX.gif

She sure she don't wanna find time somewhere in the schedule?  

12 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Charmers,

A slew of posts were moved to the Jeff and Reagan thread.  We're not overly nervous about spoilers in this particular forum, but these posts are focused on the couple, not on the episode.  If you're wondering where your post went or if you want to chat more about the not-so-happy couple, head over to the Jeff and Reagan thread.

Thanks! 

bwah!  before I remembered the name of the show, I was like awww, she gave us a cute old courtin nickname.    Then *facepalm* duh.   

• Love 2
On 6/4/2018 at 1:34 AM, nb360 said:

I think she meant that she was "new" to his family and didn't want to have sex in his mother's house.

Loved the scene with Rani, Susan, and Tamica.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, bosawks said:

No disrespect to Justin's mom, who seems perfectly nice, but if my long-term insisted we move back to the parents and there weren't extreme circumstances that made that move make sense my subconscious would be going full Amityville, "GET OUT!"......

This whole scenario is weird to me. Can't anyone act grown?

1) Justin mom - yes you are loving and love your son. However - you should NOT be providing a love nest/wait-until construction-is-done/probably rent-free-childhood-room for your 30-ish son and his girlfriend. He needs to do what everyone else does with construction projects - figure it out and live someplace else.

2) RE: construction - Hurricane Katrina was how many years ago? And you think now in 2017/2018 they can fix it in 3-4 months, without running into some issue? Kelsey very few construction projects come in exactly on time - pick a show on the HGTV channel.  I am sensing another ploy by ole' boy to delay commitment. And if are you from New Orleans - where are your parents? Girlfriends? I'm not saying break up {yet} - I'm saying not live with him while he is "transitional" unless he can put his name and $$ on the lease. Its time for him to piss or get off the pot. Room with Jeff's wife at her little French Qtr place. 

And ole boy had you carrying boxes (one box said heavy - like for books) into the house? Oh hell no. I would have sat my ass down on the sofa - hot as it is in New Orleans.

3) Justin is an attorney right? The whole stunt of buying another piece of jewelry (I forgot what it was) when the mood/date was hinting at "engagement ring" was cruel. And cheap.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

And if are you from New Orleans - where are your parents? Girlfriends? I'm not saying break up {yet} - I'm saying not live with him while he is "transitional" unless he can put his name and $$ on the lease. Its time for him to piss or get off the pot. Room with Jeff's wife at her little French Qtr place. 

I believe I heard her say she moved to New Orleans to be with him. I think it was stated very briefly in one of the earlier episodes... That itself is another problem. I'm not moving to a new state or city unless there's a ring.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, sATL said:

This whole scenario is weird to me. Can't anyone act grown?

1) Justin mom - yes you are loving and love your son. However - you should NOT be providing a love nest/wait-until construction-is-done/probably rent-free-childhood-room for your 30-ish son and his girlfriend. He needs to do what everyone else does with construction projects - figure it out and live someplace else.

2) RE: construction - Hurricane Katrina was how many years ago? And you think now in 2017/2018 they can fix it in 3-4 months, without running into some issue? Kelsey very few construction projects come in exactly on time - pick a show on the HGTV channel.  I am sensing another ploy by ole' boy to delay commitment. And if are you from New Orleans - where are your parents? Girlfriends? I'm not saying break up {yet} - I'm saying not live with him while he is "transitional" unless he can put his name and $$ on the lease. Its time for him to piss or get off the pot. Room with Jeff's wife at her little French Qtr place. 

And ole boy had you carrying boxes (one box said heavy - like for books) into the house? Oh hell no. I would have sat my ass down on the sofa - hot as it is in New Orleans.

3) Justin is an attorney right? The whole stunt of buying another piece of jewelry (I forgot what it was) when the mood/date was hinting at "engagement ring" was cruel. And cheap.

You might as well tell me what kind of fabric the cloth we cut from is called.   Maybe something floofy.  Tulle? 

Super cute that you made this about temperature.   Somebody say boxes?  Heavy boxes?  In the company of a former linebacker and Morehouse Man?   Who still has subcutaneous evidence of muscle mass?

giphy.gif

I'll be damned.  Kelsey you are girl'ing all wrong.   If, IF Reagan or Tamica even make it back out the house to moving truck I promise they'd be in charge of tissue packets, remote control batteries and hand mirrors.   There is way too much going on in an effort to secure that bag.  

A name chain.   Grown ass man got his woman a name chain.    To his credit, it wasn't packaged in a ring cube box. 

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm-new-orleans/season-1/episode-6/videos/justin-reese-has-a-surprise-for-his-girlfriend

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Ok Tamika, I get that you are ready for your first French 75 at 9am but I think she had two. I’m counting because unless it’s the weekend she has business and her daughter to attend to later in the day. 

Or maybe I’m just jealous (but I’d rather a Bloody Mary or Mango Mimosa). 

Word to mango mimosas. And her french 75 schedule may explain some of her exhaustion.  

Edited by Double A
to split replies
  • Love 5
On 03/06/2018 at 11:29 PM, FrankieTankie said:

also I can’t stand Jeff’s nasty beard .... he needs to shave that thing 

Add a haircut to that, god that hair is awful

• Love 3
On 6/3/2018 at 10:12 PM, JenE4 said:

Jeeeeesuuuuus! We “got the full Jon Moody experience” with that swim in the see-through white spandex pants! I thought for sure one of those paper lanterns was going to fly right into the painting on the roof, setting it ablaze. I have absolutely nothing else to say about this episode, other than I look forward to a season 2 with this cast exactly as is—including Jon Moody’s spandex pants. 

Yep, I think his semi-naked body has its own contract, complete with guaranteed airtime minutes per episode. Maybe it gets bumped up to opening cast credit in Season 2.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, sATL said:

Couldn’t agree more. If you know your girlfriend is expecting a ring, the only present in a ring-sized box had BETTER be a ring.

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 3

Was traveling and finally got a chance to see the finale - I’d watch these people again, even Tamica now that she seems to have gotten a clue about how to treat her family. Sorry that Reagan and Jeff have split, but no surprise there.

Lurve N’awlins - the music, food, people, history, etc!

• Love 1

I'll preface my comments about Kelsey by saying that I adore her.  She's a hardworking nurse, and she seems about as sweet and kind as they come.  And I love her style.  But I do think she'd look so great with a nose job.  I had one in my 20's, and I'm now in my 50's, and I still think it's one of the best things I ever did for myself.  I maxed out my credit cards to pay the plastic surgeon, but to this day, I so love looking at my own profile.  

I also wish she'd tone down the marriage talk with Justin.  Let him come to it in his own time, lest you push him away.  He's a keeper.

• Love 2