Type keyword(s) to search

100 Code - General Discussion

tessaray
  • Start Topic

Over the past 16 months, young, blonde, blue-eyed women have been found dead and buried in a field of asphodels. Tracking the killer from New York to Stockholm, NYPD detective Conley is on a special dispensation to observe and advise the Stockholm PD.

Uhg, gruesome. Am I the only one who watched this? 

Not sure how I feel about it. The pacing was odd, the interactions stilted, and the sound was wildly inconsistent. But there was just enough to make me want to check out at least one more episode. 

I somehow feel it’s not really possible to mail a handgun internationally. And who was it that Conley visited in the nursing home? Finally, is that a New Yawk accent Monaghan is attempting?

• Love 2

I watched it, but I feel like I missed a lot. Had kind of an "Insomnia" vibe, but the lead is no Stellan Skarsgard. In fact I found him annoying and that's not good, but I'll give it a chance.

• Love 1

Conley is dedicating every waking hour to keeping the killer from finding his victims. With Eklund's team of officers, he is shadowing the two main suspects, a professor and a dentist, both of whom have been in New York and Stockholm during the killings.

(edited)

It’s interesting. I’ve been watching a British show from 2006 called The Commander starring Amanda Burton. Purely by coincidence I’m sure, the current storyline is of a quirky Danish police detective who comes to New Scotland Yard police station because of a murder they’re investigating which resembles a series of murders back in Denmark. He’s cocky and annoying, but is begrudgingly tolerated as it becomes clear that this guy may be onto something. The episode just played this week, so I’m really curious now to see how closely 100 Code tracks to this show from over 10 years ago.

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 1

I am watching this mainly for the Swedish scenery.  Liked that parts are actually in Swedish.  WHile the story line is okay and I'll probably stay with it while fastforwarding through a lot of it is I don't like Dom as the lead character - I just can't buy him as a detective.  Plus I'm so tired of the detective that knows it all/doesn't want to follow the rules/etc.  If I were the Swedish police I'd send him home days ago.

• Love 2

Since this show hasn't gotten much traffic, I've merged what few posts there were into one.  In the future, that means there may be spoilers for those who haven't seen the show all the way through.

• Love 1

Binge watched over the weekend and am caught up. Too many cop show tropes to be really good:

-Washed out cop with a secret and won't share facts (right away)
-Retiring cop who slowly gets pulled back in
-Trevails of a single Dad raising a teenage girl
-Trip to the looney bin to interview a killer that was caught but is idolized
-Foreigner as outcast and not entirely trusted

I do like the "network" of antagonists and the idea that some may (or may not) be aware of each other, and the "Fuck You Piano" scene was very well shot and acted.

• Love 2

Thanks for the merge @tessaray! Unfortunately, there will probably be even fewer viewers with the network moving the show to 1 am, most likely due to lackluster ratings. I really want to know what's up with the flowers.

• Love 2

Dom's anguished reaction to the death of his girlfriend was middle-school play bad.

This show gives away waaay to much in the previews for upcoming episodes. 

Statutory Cop may be a red herring, but he's still creepy.

I just want to find out who LH is already.

• Love 1

It's ironic. I wanted to watch this show but my cable sub doesn't have WGN so I can't watch online, the episodes aren't available in iTunes or the Play store and it's only available on expensive ($39 for 12 episodes), out of region dvds.  The universe obviously doesn't want me to see it. So it's kind of comforting that the reviews aren't great.

But I like DM enough I'd probably still watch it.  Oh well.  

Two eps to go.  Last 2 seemed like filler.  Blonde female cop saves male dork cop.  Goran gets arrested, and Mikael's ex-partner is another creep.

Artist guy is dead after trying to create another bar wench death scene.

I'm guessing LH got rejected by some hottie at a bar and he's getting revenge.  It better not be Mommy issues.

• Love 1