Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

In what universe would Drumpf listen to anyone with a different point of view, MM? 

MM has this privileged point of view about going to the White House as an opportunity for "dialogue",  when it's just a photo op for the team and whichever  president. Her stupidity is embarrassing, as is her desperation to be politically relevant, while riding her father's coat tails as her only claim to fame.

How incredible that she would actually go to the WH to meet with Drumpf; she selling her soul for any bit of fame?!?!  Wow, how low class.

Her husband is not a good influence, especially when he considers Newt-toad a mentor?  Don't get sick, MM, cuz you will be replaced with wifey #2.  

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Tosia said:

In what universe would Drumpf listen to anyone with a different point of view, MM? 

MM has this privileged point of view about going to the White House as an opportunity for "dialogue",  when it's just a photo op for the team and whichever  president. Her stupidity is embarrassing, as is her desperation to be politically relevant, while riding her father's coat tails as her only claim to fame.

How incredible that she would actually go to the WH to meet with Drumpf; she selling her soul for any bit of fame?!?!  Wow, how low class.

Her husband is not a good influence, especially when he considers Newt-toad a mentor?  Don't get sick, MM, cuz you will be replaced with wifey #2.  

I don't for one minute believe Meghan would have went to the White House if President Obama had invited her.  And if she would go to the White House if Trump invited her after all he has said about her dad what does that say about her?  Party over family?

Before Meghan's marriage she seemed less hyper partisan.  Just saying...….

• Love 10

Oh, you are so right abt MM not going to Obama's WH, blondie!  Unless she went. ..I mean MARCHED into there with her usual SCOWL, and then tweeted that she gave him a piece of her mind!  As if.  Ever.  GTFOH, MM.

I also.meant to mention her blatant (usual)  lack of prep or awareness or knowledge about specific leaks ---BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT ON HER BLUE CARD!

I'm sorry for yelling but this, this, this what?  Idiocy?  Boggles my mind. Moron. 

I have got to start watching after 5 pm so i can drink when I watch. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

The interview with Newt was hard to watch.   He just rattled off a bunch of trump's talking points, and Meghan just kept nodding and agreeing, while the others actually challenged him.   

And most of what he said was just flat out wrong.  After he said Trump was brilliant or smart or whatever word he used how can you take anything he says seriously?  And Meghan said her husband is an old friend of Newt's and then proceeds to show a pic of the two of them together when her husband was a kid.  The pic was a photo op and I seriously doubt Newt and Ben kept in touch over the past 20 years.  Although they might have a relationship now due to Ben's blog.  It is a blog right?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

RBM is wifey #2.

I only watched Hot Topics yesterday and then deleted the episode off of my DVR. I was in no mood to watch that pig face Newt bloviate.

• Love 7
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House.  That is not being given a pass.  Hillary has had to relive that affair for the past 20 years.  That is not being given a pass.  

Exactly. I got so pissed when she said they've been given a pass. 

• Love 21

Oh ladies. The 1998 Lewinsky scandal was during Clinton's second term, so it had no impact on his reelection. It was, however, the reason Al Gore tried to distance himself from Clinton during his campaign. Clinton himself hasn't suffered in Court of Public Opinion the way Monica or Hilary did, but it's not like he was given a complete pass.

Oh, Meghan. Even when you're  being compassionate about Kate Spade, you just have to point out that you didn't know her as if that is important or relevant. Her suicide is tragic, and it doesn't matter that Kate was from Arizona.

• Love 22
(edited)
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, Sunny! Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky had a consensual affair.

14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I may be in the minority here but I disagree with all the ladies except Whoopi - Monica had a consensual affair with Bill. She was young, it was stupid, Bill was in the wrong as well but it was consensual. During that interview she did with Barbara Walters, Monica was practically gleaming when she reminisced on her encounters with Bill. 

And Meghan can just STFU saying that Bill and Hillary always get a pass. Seriously? Bill had to clarify his statements on Stephen Colbert's show just last night because he was highly scrutinized for the one millionth time. The irony escapes Meghan. 

THIS (the bolded) Times a million gazillion! Monica was NO victim. Bill Clinton was known as a serial cheater while running and he was still elected President. Her AFFAIR with Clinton has no business being part of the #MeToo movement. This is the twat who said to Bawa and viewers who tuned in, that Clinton was her "sexual soulmate." She was an adult. And she went crying and whining to Tripp about the affair, because, what? He wouldn't leave Hillary for her? Or that he would only let her give him blowjobs and not have physical intercourse with her?

9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

So much irony. 

I'd call it being tone deaf as well.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 20
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THIS (the bolded) Times a million gazillion! Monica was NO victim. Bill Clinton was known as a serial cheater while running and he was still elected President. Her AFFAIR with Clinton has no business being part of the #MeToo movement. This is the twat who said to Bawa and viewers who tuned in, that Clinton was her "sexual soulmate." She was an adult. And seh went crying and whining to Tripp about the affair, because, what? He wouldn't leave Hillary for her? Or that he would only let her give him blowjobs and not have physical intercourse with her?

I got a lot of shit for saying this exact thing to a friend. Sorry but including Monica's consensual affair with Bill is a disservice to the #MeToo movement. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 22

Joy talked on Monday about what Bernie was saying what the Democrats' slogan should be, based on what he said on Bill Maher's show.  Whatever. Brett Stephens' idea got a round of LOUD applause: "Make America SANE Again." I wish Joy had brought that up, if only to see Meghan's head EXPLODE. And have her clutching her pearls and acting as if Joy was calling HER insane. Because that's how Meghan rolls.

• Love 18

I was really saddened when the news first came out about Sorvino (and, as she mentioned, Ashley Judd as well) being in some sense blacklisted because of Harvey Weinstein. Not to diminish the consequences, abuse of power, etc. of this story, but my first (selfish) reaction when I read about that was, "I am so pissed we're forever stuck with Liv Tyler as Arwen in LOTR when we could've had Ashley Judd!" I've always liked Judd and I know she would've been fantastic. And like Sorvino said, something like the LOTR trilogy was a huge loss monetarily and professionally--if the only reason the part was lost for one of them was because of Weinstein--just for the fact that it re-runs all the damn time.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

As an American, I just want to go on record - I don’t give a flying f**k where Melania Trump is.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan's makeup is just a little TOO much today.

And she's a bitch.

These two posts gave me the giggles. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan wants to read a bunch of quotes by feminists in the 90's - WHY?  shove your blue cards up your ample behind, bitch. 

And she kept saying she had sooo many. I love how Joy pretty much said so what without actually saying it.

16 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan : "isn't the liberal PLATFORM when they go low, we go high?"

And the way she said it, as if she were mocking liberals and that phrase, made me angry.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love Meghan's righteous indignation about cheating spouses.

Does anyone ever tweet Meghan with the reminder that her mother was the side piece, and her father was a married man?

Why does no one remember how the Republicans and Linda Tripp took advantage of Monica Lewinsky?   They are equally, if not more, responsible for all the abuse Monica received.  She was nothing but collateral damage.  

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I thought Kate Spade was from Kansas City.

Kate and her husband went to Arizona State University.  I think RBM mentioned that Kate's husband is from Arizona which he is. She talks so fast it's hard to completely catch what she says sometimes.

• Love 5

I vehemently disagree with Joy.  What transpired between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky has nothing to do with Trump and his getting a pass for his sexual transgressions (which is not quite the word I was looking for).  Clinton was raked over the coals and continues to be.  Bill Clinton got impeached for lying under oath.  Clinton having an affair was morally wrong but not illegal.  What Trump bragged about is illegal.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I vehemently disagree with Joy.  What transpired between Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky has nothing to do with Trump and his getting a pass for his sexual transgressions (which is not quite the word I was looking for).  Clinton was raked over the coals and continues to be.  Bill Clinton got impeached for lying under oath.  Clinton having an affair was morally wrong but not illegal.  What Trump bragged about is illegal.

Joy completely missed the mark when she said that Bill Clinton gave way for Trump to become President. 

• Love 11

Meghan wants to quote feminists in the 90s who spoke out in favor of Bill Clinton.  OK, I was a feminist in the 90s and I didn't give a fuck about Clinton and Monica.  It didn't matter to me.  He wasn't my husband so I didn't care who he played around with.  Meghan is trying to make it seem like if you supported Bill Clinton during that time you were being anti-woman or some shit.

And Meghan can shut the fuck up about millennial women having a problem with Hillary and her marriage.  It's Hillary's marriage.  Not theirs.  

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does anyone ever tweet Meghan with the reminder that her mother was the side piece, and her father was a married man?

Why does no one remember how the Republicans and Linda Tripp took advantage of Monica Lewinsky?   They are equally, if not more, responsible for all the abuse Monica received.  She was nothing but collateral damage.  

Exactly!!  Linda Tripp was a piece of work & she betrayed Monica's confidence & placed her at the top of greased skids.  I've said before & I'll say it again, Monika put the hustle on Clinton & deserved everything she got!!!

• Love 13
(edited)
12 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Huh?

She's her husband's 2nd wife. If he got a side piece, divorced RBM and married the sp then the sp would be wife #3.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Exactly!!  Linda Tripp was a piece of work & she betrayed Monica's confidence & placed her at the top of greased skids.  I've said before & I'll say it again, Monika put the hustle on Clinton & deserved everything she got!!!

Monica was a stupid naïve girl.  She fell for a man who looked at her as nothing but a piece of ass. Sorry to be so crude but it's true.  Republicans had been trying to nail him with something since he took office and Monica was what they ended up using.

• Love 10

The way Meghan keeps interrupting Sunny is so rude.  Sunny was making a point about the importance of seeking help and Meghan thinks that's a good time to interject.  Just wait, do a "yes and..." because Sunny's point was a good one and then say there is something now that the sisters may have been estranged.  So rude!  Meghan is a little better but still so self-involved and still competing with the other hosts.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She fell for a man who looked at her as nothing but a piece of ass.

She might have fallen for him, but that was after she decided (long before she entered the White House) to stalk him or someone powerful.  Wasn't he the third married man she seduced (and I believe SHE did the seducing)...beginning in high school.   I'm not absolving Clinton of anything...but she wasn't some shy violet.  Still, I think her punishment was far beyond what it should have been.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She might have fallen for him, but that was after she decided (long before she entered the White House) to stalk him or someone powerful.  Wasn't he the third married man she seduced (and I believe SHE did the seducing)...beginning in high school.   I'm not absolving Clinton of anything...but she wasn't some shy violet.  Still, I think her punishment was far beyond what it should have been.

As Sara said two women paid for this whole thing a lot more than the man did.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I agree with everything you said up until your last sentence.  She intentionally went after him, but she didn't know what she didn't know, & THAT was people like Linda Tripp would betray her & she would be used as "the example" of what a louse Clinton was.  I don't feel one bit sorry for her ... keep your paws off another woman's husband, bitch!!!

• Love 11

One of the things that I love about this panel (even RBM) is their insane chemistry. This episode, even when going to commercial, they were still leaning over the table to talk to each other. I particularly love the chemistry between Joy and Sara. Even when it gets uncomfortable or frustrating, they still clearly want to talk to each other - it's not just for air.

• Love 8

Linda Tripp was a republican yet Monica considered her a friend and just couldn’t contain herself.  She had to tell someone and boy did I she with details.  Had she not confided in her I wonder if this secret could have been kept.  Kennedy had affairs but no one came forward. Just musing here, not trying to make a point. 

I read here and decided not to watch because I am trying to avoid situations that anger me.  I am seeking joy wherever I can.  That may sound corny but I am dead serious.   And here I sit watching as I post! 

I liked Clinton as a president and didn’t care about his affairs, still don’t.  I vote for policies.  

2 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Sorry 'View' gals, but I don't feel sorry for Monica Lewinsky and I don't see her as a victim. Lumping her into the "me too" movement is tasteless and tacky. 

I agree.  Bill wasn’t her first married man. He was a conquest. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Joy completely missed the mark when she said that Bill Clinton gave way for Trump to become President. 

Joy can sometimes absorb the current news cycle and then regurgitate it back to us. I believe she got this particular Clinton smear from a Washington Post article. It wasn't JFK or Nixon scandals that lead to the desensitization of Trump but Bill Clinton in the 90s. Yikes!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I am so pissed we're forever stuck with Liv Tyler as Arwen in LOTR when we could've had Ashley Judd!

Oh, dear God, no.

Meghan was completely off base and has a very short memory if she doesn’t think the Clintons suffered any consequences. Especially Hillary. How Meghan could see her as being at fault is unbelievable. Does she really think a wife is responsible for a straying husband?

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan was completely off base and has a very short memory if she doesn’t think the Clintons suffered any consequences. Especially Hillary. How Meghan could see her as being at fault is unbelievable. Does she really think a wife is responsible for a straying husband?

Maybe she prefers to excuse the husband's behavior. Because well, you know.

• Love 17