Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

Lol, I noticed at the rose ceremony, Chris H now says, "this is the last rose for the day." They don't even try to pretend it's still nighttime anymore.

Was Leo even at the cocktail party/rose ceremony? I kept waiting for Becca to congratulate him on his dodge ball play, but he just disappeared. No love for Leo the Lion Hair. :(

Sure, yeah, Jordan is totally a producer plant. But... I love a himbo. It kind of helps me understand why men like bimbos. I giggle at his ridiculousness and I kind of want to see him one-up Colton when Colton starts talking about his charity by saying that he, Model Jordan, is also thinking of opening a school for kids who don't read good. I'm also down for a runway walk-off. After that Jordan can go because his schtick will get old.

You know what this season is missing? Where is the bromance? In past seasons, the guys have bonded with each other more than they bond with the Bachelorette. Certain groups would get really chummy and cheer each other on. Also, they just joked around with each other. This group is sooo humorless. Becca' not compelling enough to carry two hours and the storylines are so recycled, I can say people's lines before they speak. So I'm going to need these men to step. it. up.

• Love 23

I don't think any of these guys is as attractive as her old boyfriend who tried to win her back last season. Jason has a bit of a young Al Pacino look but he doesn't seem very confident. I can't  get interested so far.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

If I were in Becca's place, Connor would have been sent home on that group date. He threw the picture so hard that the frame shattered, which means an employee of the hotel will have to get all the pieces out of the pool before other hotel guests can use it. That would be an absolute deal breaker for me, I can't abide people who have so little consideration for others. But not only did she not send him home, she let him throw another picture into the pool. At least the second time the frame didn't shatter.

Yes, absolutely.  Broken glass in and around a pool is a nightmare to clean up.  how can you be sure there isn't a piece of glass sitting at the bottom of the pool, waiting for someone to step on it?  

I don't see what the big deal was.  Lincoln talking to and kissing the photo?  just goofing around.  he was being adolescent, but I didn't see him as being offensive. 

One thought I had though -  some white guys get irrationally upset at the thought of a white woman kissing a Black man.  I'm not saying this is true of Connor, I don't know him.  But I do know men who think this way.  (hi, dad) 

• Love 13

I’m in the minority of liking Blake. I like Clay too. And Leo seems fun. He looked quite sexy playing dodgeball. 

Jordan, you could stay. Not for Becca, but for us. You’re good for a laugh. And not nearly as annoying as Crystal from last season. 

At the beginning of the episode I sort of liked David but not by the end. 

• Love 14

For the first episode, our comments had been about how conflict-free the first night was, with no loud drunks, fights, etc.  So now it really felt to me like producer-manufactured drama, with Picture-gate and Date-gate.  

• Love 5

Garrett reminded me a bit of a golden retriever tonight - just genuinely happy and goofy and content. I didn't see the appeal that much last week, but he was cute and easy going tonight which seems like a good match for Becca. He's barely been shown other than his dunk but I also find Christon to be beautiful. Colton seems a bit smarmy to me, maybe because of his famewhoring, but he just seems insincere. 

So far, I am enjoying Becca more as the Bachelorette than I did on Arie's season. She's fun and laid back, which made her seem boring compared to the Krystals of the world, but around the guys it's very appealing. 

• Love 9
(edited)

What an asshole thing for Connor to do (throwing the pic at the pool). Aggressive much?  Lincoln is harmless, a little annoying and immature, yes, but that was just a total asshole aggressive act Connor did. So, every time any guy gets attention from Becca he’s gonna sulk and throw things. Ugh, what a complete turnoff. No redeeming qualities after seeing his behaviour imho. 

Edited by Rabithed
Spelling error
  • Love 13
(edited)

I never really watch this show through its entirety. There is almost nothing new about any of the seasons. I love (blank). I can't see my life without (blank). I am here for (blank). I have feelings for (blank) and maybe (blank). Same every single time.

But I like Becca's maturity. I like her makeup choices. Very minimal and lovely on her. I like her relish in breaking up things. No powder puff there.

Things I did not like. Not getting rid of Conner immediately. All men should be put on notice. Aggressive behavior is not tolerated. Of course, it would not be a show without it.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 16
(edited)

I suppose "I'm not gonna lie" is this season's "let's do the damn thing."  I think Becca said that a half dozen times. She's pretty, and I suppose good-natured, but she just doesn't have enough going on to be the star of the franchise.  I can't articulate it exactly, but she doesn't hold my interest. 

I also feel that's it over the top to lose it over Colton having dated Tia. I get that she and Tia were friends, but so what? Haven't they all been in relationships prior to the show? At least he told her about it upfront. 

Blake seemed the most sincere and natural with Becca. Average-looking guy that I could picture having an actual relationship with her. Even as a Zoolander parody, I cannot abide Jordan. Is he good-looking? He just seems generic to me, except too puffy-cheeked. A successful male model ought to have killer cheekbones. The malapropisms are ridiculous, too.

I didn't appreciate Connor's aggressive act, but Lincoln was a jerk, too. Completely fake in every way, with zero interest in Becca.

The Harlem Globetrotter guy is gorgeous. 

ETA: anyone else here old enough to remember Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy?" That's an ear worm for me when I see Jordan...."I'm a model, you know what I mean....I'm too sexy for my shirt...((and apparently, everything but my briefs).

Edited by Arkay
  • Love 23

I like Becca. She is real and down to earth. My only quibble with her is her voice. She sounds congested to me. Connor should have been shown the door. What an azz.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

If I were in Becca's place, Connor would have been sent home on that group date. He threw the picture so hard that the frame shattered, which means an employee of the hotel will have to get all the pieces out of the pool before other hotel guests can use it. That would be an absolute deal breaker for me, I can't abide people who have so little consideration for others. But not only did she not send him home, she let him throw another picture into the pool. At least the second time the frame didn't shatter.

Having said that, Lincoln made way too big a deal about being "heartbroken" over the picture. And Jordan is a tool, but his assessment of Lincoln's fake accent was spot-on. There's something about Lincoln that rubs me the wrong way.

Did Wills say his parents have been married for 50 years? He can't be older than 30, so I wonder what the story is with that. Is he the Bella Viall of his family?

Yeah I think she should have sent them both home. Like two children fighting over something and both are wrong take the toy away and ground them both in one fell swoop. Done. Shut it down. Don't want to hear anymore about it. We're supposed to be adults here ain't got time for dealing with children. Geez.

Why is she so whiny? I think she's internalized that she was mightly wronged and now deserves a easy time finding love.

Ha! We hear this every season. Bach's and B'ettes. "I never thought I would be able to trust again, was worthy of, could open my heart again after (fill in the blank) hurt me...etc"). There's nothing new here.

Is "one weekend" a "relationship" or "having a past"?! Don't we also find out from the previews he's a virgin? Colton should have led with that because I'm sure she is assuming he slept with Tia!!

Right, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that he did. Even on the slim chance he didn't I still think there's no way this guy is still a virgin. Can't wait to see what Tia's story is next week. I don't trust either one of them. C'mon Becca don't fall for this crap!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I suppose "I'm not gonna lie" is this season's "let's do the damn thing."  I think Becca said that a half dozen times.

At least.  This drives me crazy.  Does she lie so frequently that she has to let us know every time she’s NOT lying?

• Love 6

Nobody mentioned the fashion advice/life advice Jordan gave Becca? 

"before you put on your socks or pantyhose in the morning, put on your confidence."  

I guess when he stripped down, he wanted to show off his confidence.  

Then, when he was talking to Becca -  mini-me, Huckabee Jordy, ice cream cones, G-wagon, tunes.  What the actual fuck was he talking about?  it seemed like random words strung together.  oh yeah, "Ingeu-enity".  can't forget that. 

• Love 10

Jordan HAS to be a Producer plant!  He is not remotely interested in Becca, he has not asked her one question about herself, he has not commented on how pretty she is or anything....everything he says, is about himself!

Jordan has “will stay on the show long enough ‘til they can credibly move him over to Bachelor in Paradise” written all over him.  He may as well put a BIP promo sticker on those briefs of his.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

Nobody mentioned the fashion advice/life advice Jordan gave Becca? 

"before you put on your socks or pantyhose in the morning, put on your confidence."  

I guess when he stripped down, he wanted to show off his confidence.  

Then, when he was talking to Becca -  mini-me, Huckabee Jordy, ice cream cones, G-wagon, tunes.  What the actual fuck was he talking about?  it seemed like random words strung together.  oh yeah, "Ingeu-enity".  can't forget that. 

I think I'm Too Sexy was referring to he and Becca having children???? And what he pictures it would be like when they go for a family outing?

(edited)

I just noticed there's a Ryan - and he's cute as hell. 

I figured out what is weird about Jordan's look.  when he's turned slightly away, like a 3/4 pose, he is kind of handsome.   But from the front, full face, his eyes are too far apart, which tends to give him a kind of stupid, confused, or dumbfounded look. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

We did last week and it was okay. Or at least we were not told differently! Which brings me to:

Who was the guy who threw Lincoln's picture in the swimming pool? I'm not getting any names with the faces when they are shown. And why are the boys so upset about a freaking picture? And they think it's funny that Lincoln's picture was ruined? If I were Becca, every one of them gets sent home, the one who threw the picture wouldn't even get a taxi, he could walk his ass to LAX. If they get that freaked out about a dumb photo, what reaction will they have to something real and important and life changing?

Lincoln can stay. The rest of those creeps are dead to me. (TM Mr. Wonderful)

It wasn't just the picture that the guys were upset about. Lincoln cheated in the contest, then kept rubbing the picture in their faces, and he kept talking to the picture and blowing it kisses.  He was asked a few times to put it away but he refused and finally Connor had enough of Lincoln rubbing it in and talking the picture after he already cheated to get the picture, that he tossed the picture in the pool.  Lincoln was such a crybaby crying about it and tattling on Connor to Becca. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So freaking annoying when the guys talk about feeling Becca was disrespected or guys worrying if someone is there of the right reasons. What a crock. Who the F cares? These conversations are why I actually hate the show. They make no sense. When someone makes an ass out of themselves , thats a win for you.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Broken glass in and around a pool is a nightmare to clean up.  how can you be sure there isn't a piece of glass sitting at the bottom of the pool, waiting for someone to step on it?

There was no broken glass, but clearly there was a breaking-glass sound effect edited in. He's lucky there really wasn't the sound of breaking glass, over his head. The guy was clearly baiting everyone what with his response to putting the picture away saying "No I think we'll just put it right here.." and setting the picture up again. A. You're a loser for talking to and getting kisses from the picture B. You're at least emotionally unstable if you're crying over a picture.

As one of the guys said, I think Lincoln is a wanker.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

There was no broken glass, but clearly there was a breaking-glass sound effect edited in.

That makes sense, and should have occurred to me.  I get suckered in, and I forget how much manipulation goes on.  

• Love 5

I don't know where Lincoln was supposed to put that picture during the date? So he put it on the coffee table. That makes sense. He had it face-out. Was he supposed to put it on the floor under the couch to pretend it didn't happen? Connor is an idiot. Bryan from Rachel's season got an expensive watch. Would Connor throw that in the pool too because he's annoyed? 

• Love 17

Can't stand Jordan and was hoping he would go home tonight.  What does Becca even see in him?  He is so self absorbed, condescending, and a jerk.  I would have kept Alex or one of the other guys over him.  But maybe she is being forced to keep him on the show.  One of my friends said that he pings her gaydar but I am not sure whether or not Jordan is gay.

I am not going to hold Connor throwing the picture in the pool against him.  We are all human and we have all lost our temper at one time or another. Besides he did apologize to Becca and says that isn't who he really is so I am curious how he behaves next week.  I am more annoyed by the crybaby tattle tales on this show.  First Chris (who by the way looks a little like Perez Hilton,) and now crybaby Lincoln who is so heartbroken over a picture after he cheats in the contest and then rubbed it in all the guys noses by talking to the picture and blowing kisses at it.  Connor wasn't the only one annoyed by that but he was the only one who acted on it.

Blake seems like a nice guy and so does David.  I wish we would have gotten to know Alex a little better.  I feel like he, much like Joe, left too early.  Would have loved to still have Joe on the show.  I also really like the guy who let Becca were his jacket but I can't think of his name right now. Leo was in beast mode playing dodge ball.  I am not sure about Colton.  On one hand he seems sweet and shy but then there's the dating multiple tv personalities but hey at least he told Becca instead of letting her find out another way about him dating Tia.

• Love 4
(edited)

There are still waaay too many square-jawed, stiff-haired meatheads for me to tell them apart.  It makes me like Leo just for looking different - and he's kind of funny, too.  

Was Blake the guy on the smash & dine date?  He seems decent, but that Whack-an-Ex part may have put him in the friend zone, since it was about Ari instead of him, like something you'd do with a chick pal.

Edited by EllenB
I had two thoughts but forgot one.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

Connor also never offered an apology.  He threw his own picture in the pool, but did he ever offer Lincoln an apology?  Or Becca?  A great guy would have stood up in front of everyone there, and asked Lincoln to stand next to him, and apologized sincerely.

He kept talking about how he regretted "that it happened".  I listened, and he said that repeatedly.  Like, it "happened" but he had little control over it.  That would make me wonder how he'd react in a marital tiff.  Not a good look, Mr. Connor.

I know. He never took ownership of it, and Becca either didn't realize it or let him off the hook. 

1 hour ago, Arkay said:

I also feel that's it over the top to lose it over Colton having dated Tia. I get that she and Tia were friends, but so what? Haven't they all been in relationships prior to the show? At least he told her about it upfront. 

I didn't get her issue either. I felt she should have called Tia and asked her about it. Was Colton an ass, or was the feeling mutual that it wasn't going anywhere? Because what's the big deal if they only went out the one time? Or is it the idea they might have had sex that's bothering her? Probably it's mostly that she thinks he might have wanted Tia to be the Bachelorette, but even so, he pursued her and then ended it, so what's the big deal?

I'm about done with Jordan. He was funnier the first episode. Now he's kind of reaching. Sad that two men who both think they have high IQs (or one thinks his is higher than "most male models"} invent words...

• Love 4

Connor did apologize to Becca about it and said that wasn't who he is.  He even asked her to throw his picture from that contest into the pool because that guy is not who he is and wants Becca to get to know his real self. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I don't know where Lincoln was supposed to put that picture during the date? So he put it on the coffee table. That makes sense. He had it face-out. Was he supposed to put it on the floor under the couch to pretend it didn't happen? Connor is an idiot. Bryan from Rachel's season got an expensive watch. Would Connor throw that in the pool too because he's annoyed? 

Don't all these contestants have handlers? If the picture meant as much to him as he claimed why couldn't he have gave it to his handler for safekeeping? If it meant that much to me I wouldn't have wanted it sitting out to be knocked off the table and maybe break the glass. There was absolutely no excuse for Connor's behaviour but this was a case of two male egos battling it out and being childishly stubborn. Lincoln was clearly antagonizing Connor but Conner should have been the better man and ignored him. They both should have went home IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

Probably it's mostly that she thinks he might have wanted Tia to be the Bachelorette, but even so, he pursued her, and then ended it, so what's the big deal. 

It just seems like he's an opportunistic person to me. He wanted to be on tv, he pursued Tia thinking she would be the lead then when she didn't get it he switches to Becca. I would be curious to know about the exact timing on this and how much Tia knew. While she was in the running for the lead did she know he was in the casting process hoping to continue dating her on the show (or so he tells her)and then when Becca gets it he continues his quest against Tia's wishes and that's why he ended it? Or did Tia hook up with him after Becca was announced knowing full well he would be going on the show to date her friend?

But mostly if it were me it would feel a little skeevy to be dating someone my friend had just recently hooked up with. And they only went out the one time so he says. I don't know if I would believe that or not. That's why I said it would be interesting to hear what Tia has to say next week. I think Becca would have many questions and rightly so. So until I got Tia's side of the story and decided if it would be worth my time to pursue it, it would be kind of a big deal to me.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9

I think disingenuous was the word the male model was looking for. Talk about crimes against the English language! Lots of duds/ guys with baggage in this group. I wouldn't trust any of em at this point. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Thought it was interesting how all Lincoln told Becca is that the picture got thrown in the pool and how sad he was about it...conveniently leaving out the part where he talked to the picture, kissed it, kept putting it on the table even when asked to put it away and generally  just antagonizing the other guys-- who may have been giving him the fisheye to start with thinking he had won by cheating (at least that's all we saw him tell Becca.)  

Good heavens, even when Jordan is talking about their (imaginary) future, he talks about having a "mini-me"  rather than talking about "our kids."  I truly think the boy doesn't realize that a conversation involves both people talking and not just him talking about himself.

Last week I thought he was attractive; this week I find myself throwing cheetos at the tv yelling. "You're not THAT pretty!" 

Edited by rebel2u
It's Lincoln not Jordan
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Thought it was interesting how all Jordan told Becca is that the picture got thrown in the pool and how sad he was about it...conveniently leaving out the part where he talked to the picture, kissed it, kept putting it on the table even when asked to put it away and generally  just antagonizing the other guys-- who may have been giving him the fisheye to start with thinking he had won by cheating (at least that's all we saw him tell Becca.)  

Good heavens, even when Jordan is talking about their (imaginary) future, he talks about having a "mini-me"  rather than talking about "our kids."  I truly think the boy doesn't realize that a conversation involves both people talking and not just him talking about himself.

Last week I thought he was attractive; this week I find myself throwing cheetos at the tv yelling. "You're not THAT pretty!" 

Good post but I think you meant Lincoln in the first paragraph, right?

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, I did!  I was trying to figure out how to edit it!   

Jordan to me is so reality tv-compelling that I just seem to have him on the brain!

OK changed it!  Tx yorklee2

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 1

I can't understand Becca sending home men we've barely seen when she has such easy choices in babyish Lincoln and property destroying Conner.  Also  Colton who  couldn't think to say that he and Tia just didn't connect, he said they didn't have time, while he and Becca do have time, as though he could be with  any woman if he just had time (?) A true "love the one you're with," guy, I guess. What  idiots these men are.  Chicken man also lost me with his black and white world and his disrespect speech over a silly stunt that didn't impress Becca one way or another.

Someone should tell Jordan he's getting  deep forehead wrinkles from over-doing his Clint Eastwood face.  Then we'd have some tears.   Hey! Maybe that's what the ambulance is for!  Botox emergency.

Becca is giving me whiplash, throwing her head back on her neck.  It not only hurts me, it's a bad look for her because her small forehead sort of disappears back into space.  I noticed that she and Rachel's Bryan could have been brother and sister with their long faces and high cheekbones.  I do find her really striking most of the time but she may end up being the most boring Bachelorette, ever, even with silly contrived stunts like hitting Arie's old junk with sledge hammers.  I honestly think that may be why Arie realized he couldn't marry her.  Until after the proposal he hadn't been alone with her enough to notice she uses the same phrases over and over and over, in the same nasal tone.  I think he might have called it off even if he hadn't had Lauren waiting in the wings.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

How would Colton even meet Tia much less be dating her? Colorado vs. Arkansas ... not exactly next door to each other.

He most certainly slid into her DMs. Hes probably got enough followers that she approved his follow request due to mutual benefit of geting more followers from the interaction. Then they met up for some instagram photo ops to capitalize on that opportunity.  This is the world of influencers, and colton is most certainly milking that and is a clear famewhore. 

9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Anyone have any clue who the guy on the stretcher was in the previews for next week?

So there was a shot of a “Laerdal” label, and they manufacture medical training equipment like cpr dummies.  so i am fairly certain this is a ruse.  YMMV, but it wouldnt be the first time Fleiss faked injury drama.  

9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Just a guess, it looked like his body. I don't read spoilers except I do watch TMZ on TV sometimes and they may have spoiled who she picks. (edited because I said TMZ may have spoiled who was the winner, but nobody wins in this show)

I dont think its Jordan.  The guy on the stretcher wears goofy patterned boxers.   Jordan apparently wears briefs.   That said - it was someone with a similar body shape: long leaner torso, broad shoulders. That doesnt rule out many guys other than Colton. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Arkay said:

Even as a Zoolander parody, I cannot abide Jordan. Is he good-looking? He just seems generic to me, except too puffy-cheeked. A successful male model ought to have killer cheekbones. 

Like Peter!!!!!

6 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Plus, while he has a good body, that ain't no Calvin Klein underwear body.  That's a Sears catalog underwear body.

Again....Peter!!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Garrett reminded me a bit of a golden retriever tonight - just genuinely happy and goofy and content.

Maybe a Nazi golden retriever, if you heard about his Instagram

• Love 11
7 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

It wasn't just the picture that the guys were upset about. Lincoln cheated in the contest, then kept rubbing the picture in their faces, and he kept talking to the picture and blowing it kisses.  He was asked a few times to put it away but he refused and finally Connor had enough of Lincoln rubbing it in and talking the picture after he already cheated to get the picture, that he tossed the picture in the pool.  Lincoln was such a crybaby crying about it and tattling on Connor to Becca. 

I find it incredibly weird for the other contestants to be offended by this.  Connor has zero claim to Becca.  Connor does not own Becca.  Had Connor even spoken to Becca privately until that point.  Maybe for 5 minutes?  It shows something deeply weird is going on in that man.  Rage issues.  And they're right on the surface, they're not even buried like some other people try to do to try and live in society.

Lincoln doesn't have to do anything he's told, and he wasn't hurting anybody.  Cheating in the contest.  LOL.  It's the Bachelorette.  This isn't a quiz show in the 50s.  

5 hours ago, Soobs said:

I think disingenuous was the word the male model was looking for. Talk about crimes against the English language! Lots of duds/ guys with baggage in this group. I wouldn't trust any of em at this point. 

And professionalism, which Jordan called his professionality.  (It's actually in the dictionary, so maybe Jordan does know more than I do.)

• Love 8
(edited)

There isn't much eye candy this season. A few cute guys that seem very normal but no one really hot. 

I don't know which was worse - acting like a petulant child and throwing a picture in a pool or crying over it. Yikes. 

Colton seems so sweet and nice and sincere. And he is one of the few really handsome guys. But not sure I am buying it. 

She and Blake were very cute together. And man she was initiating the kisses a lot with him. 

All I can say about Jordan is he is ridiculous.

Edited by Bobcatkitten
  • Love 7

The producers really really really hate Arie!  They take every opportunity to take a jab at this.  The icing on the cake was the sledgehammer date with the racing car and TV screens with the proposal showing!!!

• Love 9

Did anyone else notice Rachel and Bryan never hugged, kissed, or displayed any “loving” moves towards each other?  It kind of looked liked they had a fight right before and were acting nice to each other for the cameras.  Not starting any break up rumors, just commenting on what it looked like.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I find it incredibly weird for the other contestants to be offended by this.  Connor has zero claim to Becca.  Connor does not own Becca.  Had Connor even spoken to Becca privately until that point.  Maybe for 5 minutes?  It shows something deeply weird is going on in that man.  Rage issues.  And they're right on the surface, they're not even buried like some other people try to do to try and live in society.

Lincoln doesn't have to do anything he's told, and he wasn't hurting anybody.  Cheating in the contest.  LOL.  It's the Bachelorette.  This isn't a quiz show in the 50s.  

I don't think it had anything to do with feelings about Becca.  It was  annoyance over Lincoln being such a bad winner.  Gloating and rubbing it in that you won and they lost is always obnoxious.  Also, cheating is cheating whether it's major embezzlement or miniature golf.   He's the type who would call from the bar saying he had to work late while grinning at his friends.  He thinks cheating is cute.

Connor is worse.  Anyone who destroys property over a minor annoyance would key your car after an argument.  Neither guy is marriage material.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Arkay said:

I didn't appreciate Connor's aggressive act, but Lincoln was a jerk, too. Completely fake in every way, with zero interest in Becca.

Yes! And he cheated. He clearly cheated, as many of them commented on. Then he rubbed their noses in his win by talking to the photo, picking it up and rubbing their noses in it, and when they asked him to quit it, or asked him to put it away he rubbed their noses in his 'win' again.

I don't think Connor broke the glass. There was a loud sound effect of 'glass breaking' when it was still in the air. It is possible, but unlikely the tiny frond of tree it was flying near by hit it and broke it, but that was to my mind just a sound effect.

12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Lincoln seems to have a hint of mint...

I'm still laughing at this! Meanwhile...

I think Colton is a creep. She sent Alex (cute!) home. Lincoln's accent is a mess, and I'd like him to explain it. I'm glad she kept blond manbun guy around. But otherwise that was a boring show, and I wish they would stop styling her hair so flat and to one side. Combined with her morose face for most of the ep it made her look distractingly horsey.

None of these guys is particularly interesting or exhuding sex appeal, or to my taste, and if I hear/see one more mention of what a dastardly dastard Arie is/was...... ARGH!

The ox/horse guy she dated seemed nice and genuine. But she had to throw in an (I'll show you, Arie!) Arie-trademarked kiss against a seedy wall moment, to demonstrate her 'passion'. Overall, there was way too much pointless and sudden kissing of random guys with no warning or real interest from her. It all seems faker than usual. That is all.

• Love 7
(edited)

At first I thought her reaction about Colton having dated Tia was an overreaction, until she said that she wondered if he showed up for The Bachelorette hoping it would be Tia, insinuating that she has a bit of a fear that he still has feelings for Tia.

I don't believe Colton has any feelings towards Tia, but I can understand Becca's difficulty in processing it in the moment.

Add to the fact that Becca is friends with Tia, and she doesn't know (in that moment) how Tia feels about Colton, or if she'd be breaking any girl code.

I think Becca did the right thing by keeping him (for now) while she mentally processes this.

Remember, this was all just "in the moment", and Becca kept her cool.  
I think Colton is a famewhore, but she doesn't see that at this point.

I'm liking her better than I thought I would.  Plus, I'm envious of how cute she looks in those silver shorts.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
(edited)

I continue to love Jordan to pieces. And honestly I think I could enjoy him for a full season. He's just precisely my type of contestant on this show. Good job planting him, Production!

OK, I'm over Colton. Too bad.

Connor is heinous and his jaw is too big. Ugh, I hope he goes soon. I didn't think Lincoln was that bad tbh. But the crying the next morning was too much. Like I understand he was just doing it for airtime/to get Becca's attention, but still, too far, buddy.

Garrett kinda weirds me out. I can't decide if it's just because I know about his social media situation though. He smiles too much. Also, someone in the premiere thread said who he looked like and I can't remember who it was and it's driving me crazy. Who does he look like?

Blake was also really reminding me of someone is this ep. He kinda looks like Devin from Are You the One?/The Challenge, but there's someone else he looks like. Ugh, who is it? Anyway, he seems adorable, sweet, and like he actually likes Becca. They match-up nicely looks-wise as well imo. I like them.

Leo is nice comic-relief but in like a real way as opposed to Jordan. I like him.

Apart from the ones I've mentioned, I really don't know who any of these guys are. I swear there were at least 3 in this ep that weren't even in the 1st ep!

ETA: Also, I forgot to mention that I really wanna like David, but being all 'you're disrespectful, bro' to Jordan when he showed up on night 1 in a chicken suit is a little too much for me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So much this. Yeah, Lincoln was goading the other guys, and Connor easily took the bait. So what that Lincoln won the contest. What did he get for it, a private date? No. Just that picture. Big freaking deal. And as far as we know, he was kissing himself in the picture. That's what went through my mind. Those little boys couldn't stand it though, so Big Bad Bully Connor had to get rid of Lincoln's plaything. It's like little kids taking their ball and going home and leaving the lone (black) kid on the ball diamond by himself.

I also think Lincoln was being bullied, and being bullied causes me to cry. Why does Lincoln have to "suck it up" when HE is bullied by every single boy sitting there and no one telling Connor to knock it off. It was a gang up on Lincoln.

And who said and where is it stated Lincoln cheated in the contest? Anyone know how this show works? Everyone could have had a timer for 30 seconds and Lincoln was given one for 15 seconds. Just imagine that. I've played with egg timers and there is no way you get sand to fall through faster by shaking it. My guess is TPTB told Lincoln to shake the timer so they could add "cheating" to the Most Dramatic Race Evah.

And the glass breaking sound was just that, a sound. Guaranteed to raise the dramatic effect and promote water cooler talk. So yeah, that worked pretty well for you show, and made Connor an ever bigger raged-filled jerk.

My conclusion: Connor needed to go home.

In other news, if Tia is such a good friend, why didn't she tell Becca that she dated one of the bachelors? Oh, you mean they're not THAT good of friends, or the "dating" wasn't really dating? Surprise. I say TPTB told Colton to tell Becca about Tia because, guess what! Tia is on next episode to, you know, create DRAH-MA.

Garrett did have a really pretty smile when his name was called at the rose ceremony. Very golden-retriever like!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Connor did apologize to Becca about it and said that wasn't who he is.  He even asked her to throw his picture from that contest into the pool because that guy is not who he is and wants Becca to get to know his real self. 

As Oprah or Maya Angelou or someone said... when someone shows you who they are, believe them. 

That's exactly who he is and she should be rid of him. However, like I think we know, she has a handful that are actually in the running and most of them will eventually be eliminated. She can keep the weirdos and creeps for awhile because the producers know they amp up the drama. 

Jordan is only there because he is comic gold. He's a harmless love to hate guy and he'll make a great addition to BIP. 

• Love 9