Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

Twenty-one men—still reeling from the dramatic first rose ceremony —look to get their love story with Becca off to a good start as they move into the mansion. Fan-favorite Bachelorette couple Rachel and Bryan put eight of the bachelors through their paces in an obstacle course meant to test their abilities as a groom. Blake gets the first one-on-one date of the season planned by Chris Harrison with an assist from celebrity rapper Lil Jon. Ten men show play in a dodgeball tournament.

Airs June 4, 2018.

So basically, anybody will do according to that statement: "I was ready to commit to somebody and that hasn't changed"?.....Ok.  Gotcha. 

Uh, we are allowed to post during the show, right?  No waiting til it's over?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Uh, we are allowed to post during the show, right?  No waiting til it's over?

We did last week and it was okay. Or at least we were not told differently! Which brings me to:

Who was the guy who threw Lincoln's picture in the swimming pool? I'm not getting any names with the faces when they are shown. And why are the boys so upset about a freaking picture? And they think it's funny that Lincoln's picture was ruined? If I were Becca, every one of them gets sent home, the one who threw the picture wouldn't even get a taxi, he could walk his ass to LAX. If they get that freaked out about a dumb photo, what reaction will they have to something real and important and life changing?

Lincoln can stay. The rest of those creeps are dead to me. (TM Mr. Wonderful)

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Who was the guy who threw Lincoln's picture in the swimming pool? I'm not getting any names with the faces when they are shown. And why are the boys so upset about a freaking picture? And they think it's funny that Lincoln's picture was ruined? If I were Becca, every one of them gets sent home, the one who threw the picture wouldn't even get a taxi, he could walk his ass to LAX. If they get that freaked out about a dumb photo, what reaction will they have to something real and important and life changing?

Lincoln can stay. The rest of those creeps are dead to me. (TM Mr. Wonderful)

Amen sista’!  WHO does something like that?   Send them home.  Not funny or realistic at all. 

• Love 12

Sledge hammer date looked very fun. Blake is really sweet, but from some angles he looks adorable and others he looks...odd. I really like him, but he seems like a relatively young 28. 

Already ready for Lincoln to go, too whiny. Jordan is a tool but an amusing one. 

• Love 14
(edited)

She's really complimenting the guys a lot.   I remember now she did the same thing with Arie.     It's apparently one of her dating go-to moves.   

I'm watching Blake and Becca at dinner talking about people - gasp! - breaking up with them.    How could it have happened?    They're kind of perfect together.  I can't imagine a date where you describe your unexpected breakups to each other.   

Oh, Jesus, Jordan's about to get naked.   Is it too much to hope for full frontal?     Time to open some wine.     

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Forget exes I would love to take out all my tech frustrations on a bank of tvs with a sledge hammer!

Oh, not me. I'm totally non-violent. I would just change the channel on all those tvs, then load them in the back of that race car and drive them back to my place. I'd love to have just one of those tvs since I'm watching this show on a 14-in. square analog antenna tv. That waste was painful for me to watch. I can't imagine being able to have a big digital HD tv.

1 minute ago, hyacinth said:

Oh, Jesus, Jordan's about to get naked.   Is it too much to hope for full frontal?      

Me: BARF! Ha ha.

• Love 6

LOL, Jordan is so "comfortable with himself" that he's sitting next to Becca with legs crossed like a girl, hands around his knees and shirt over his crotch. Yeah, that speaks all kinds of self confidence to me. Not. Then he wraps himself in a blanket. Eh.

The chicken guy is pretty cute. But he needs to ignore Jordan.

• Love 4

Jordan is like the Courtney from Flapjack's season.  She kept reminding everyone she was a model.  She did the skinny dipping to get an edge.  Jordan is doing the underwear walk.  

• Love 10

Colton's eyes don't match what he is saying. He's gone from my favorite to someone I don't trust.

3 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The male model is a doofus but why are some of the guys so personally offended by him wearing his briefs?

Maybe because it's pretty rude all the way around.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why is she so whiny?    I think she's internalized that she was mightily wronged and now deserves an easy time finding love. 

"It's difficult to know I'm going to break some hearts."      LOL      They're gonna be fine!    Give them an hour.   

edited for end of show previews:     She's whining again!    I even miss Kaitlyn now.    

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I get that, but the best response for an attention seeker is to not give it to them.

I get the feeling any of these reactions these guys give are producer driven . The picture frame being on the table , a guy walking around in his underwear ... why would anyone actually get mad at these things ? Let the person ruin it on their own . The drama queens and kings never win or become the next Bach 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Connor: "That's not who I am."

Me: "Yes it is."

I don't get Becca keeping him whatsoever.  I get keeping Jordan for the LOLs and she maybe was begged by the producers, but Connor is just like....... umm.... he screams to me as somebody who would hit a woman.  Huge human red flag.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15

So who got sent home? Again, no names. Not that I know any of these players anyway.

As typical, the last rose goes to the Drama Queen. Were any of us surprised Colton is staying?

1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't get Becca keeping him whatsoever.  I get keeping Jordan for the LOLs and she maybe was begged for producers, but Connor is just like....... umm.... he screams somebody who would hit a woman.  Huge human red flag.

So much THIS. If he freaks about a picture, what's he going to do when wife dents his car?

• Love 16
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The male model is a doofus but why are some of the guys so personally offended by him wearing his briefs?

Some of these guys are so ridiculous.  The guys like Connor and Nameless who were so offended by Lincoln and Jordan creep me out because they seem like they have uncontrollable tempers.  Lincoln and Jordan are just peacocking.  And Jordan is like, completely empty headed I would find it hard to be offended by someone like that.  He seems like he has the concentration of a fly.

1 hour ago, hyacinth said:

Oh, Jesus, Jordan's about to get naked.   Is it too much to hope for full frontal?     Time to open some wine.  

I like where your head's at

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13

I missed the first half hour and tuned in to see some jerk throwing Lincoln’s picture (that, according to my daughter, he apparently won during a group wedding obstacle course date) into the pool. WTF?!? Banish this jerk from the show! Connor. I need to write this asshole’s name down on my hate list. Connor just bumped Garrett down to #2 worst. 

“Ingenuinity”?!? Oh, Jordan. You really don’t have the model looks, but you don’t have the brains to do anything else. That being said, the CRYING might be a bit much since the producers could just print out another picture. It’s not like “the olden days” wherein if you lost the negative the photo is lost forever.

Whelp, I guess Connor gets a pass for destroying Lincoln’s picture after the glee Becca got out of destroying all of that Arie memorabilia. Oopsie. Wonder whether the producers tipped her off that maaaaybe you shouldn’t be so hasty about sending Connor home. Though it still is two different things because it’s not like Becca destroyed Arie’s actual property. But that was crazy with Lil John and the music and the slow-mo crashing! We went through this ENTIRE date and I still didn’t catch this guy’s name. Why are they not using the chryons as often? Oh, she met him on the first show...not helping. Oh, NOW she says his name and mentions the horse. This is Blake the horse guy. Ok, no impression of him one way or the other.

These little kids on the dodgeball date are getting my roses! The one guy smashes Becca with the ball, lol! I have never seen anyone as into dodgeball as Leo. He is the gladiator of dodgeball.

Ok, I like Wills so far. He seems very sweet.

Is “one weekend” a “relationship” or “having a past”?! Don’t we also find out from the previews that he’s a virgin? Colton should have led with that because I’m sure she is assuming he slept with Tia!! Becca is a little dramatic that she’s not going to find anyone because she’s not in love yet. Jeez, lady, you haven’t spent more than 15 minutes talking to anyone yet. 

Rose to Wills! Yay!

I really caution against throwing all of these glass frames into swimming pools. 

Jordan is not nearly as good looking as he thinks he is—and he just looks worse with his clothes off. It would be hilarious if these guys in better shape went for a little stroll. “I don’t want you to think I’m 007 all the time.” Bwhahahaha! Chicken guy David gives us a new take on Wrong Reasons: “There’s right and there’s wrong...and this is wrong.” I totally think the producers talked him into a Wrong Reasons accusation, but he didn’t really understand the concept. Jordan’s comeback is “It’s called ingenuinity!” Twice he’s said that!

I don’t recognize anyone who went home. Then again, I barely recognize more than 3 people that she kept.

• Love 12
(edited)

She picked doofus-y looking (IMHO) Colton over Alex?  (Not that I really saw much of Alex, so I can't really say much more than a shallow "I think Alex is way cuter.")  

Still think Nick is really cute. 

I imagine Becca picks her top 4-5 guys, and they stay, and then the producers get to "suggest" who else should stay. Jordan is comedy gold. That's why she "had" to keep him...

Edited by adhoc
  • Love 6
(edited)
50 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Did Lincoln cheat in the first competition?  I was curious if he was the first one in the ice tank or not.  The guys seemed sure he cheated.

I think he did. One guy said he was in the tank before Jordan but Jordan came out before him. I noticed Lincoln shaking his timer to move his sand faster. So he's proven he can cheat to get what he wants and was being childish rubbing it in about the pic/win but Connor's response was OTT as well. He should have just ignored Lincoln and not played his game. 

Speaking of Connor on a totally shallow note his  jawline reminds me of Quagmire from Family Guy. 

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Speaking of Connor on a totally shallow note his  jawline reminds me somewhat of Quagmire from Family Guy. 

That's hilarious given that Quagmire is a cartoon.

• Love 2
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Jordan the model?

Yea? Just a guess or did you see his face?  I guess all that preening really got someone riled up. Maybe it was ? guy who socked him.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

Just a guess or did you see his face?

Just a guess, it looked like his body. I don't read spoilers except I do watch TMZ on TV sometimes and they may have spoiled who she picks. (edited because I said TMZ may have spoiled who was the winner, but nobody wins in this show)

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 3

Becca looked bummed being the Bachelorette this week. Like she'd rather be back home in Minnesota with her girlfriends trashing Arie. She doesn't seem emotionally ready to deal with the immaturity she has to wade through on this show to find twue love. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

That's hilarious given that Quagmire is a cartoon.

I know, right? Can't help it. That was my first thought watching him tonight and now I can't unsee it.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

How would Colton even meet Tia much less be dating her? Colorado vs. Arkansas ... not exactly next door to each other.

Colton seems to want to be on t.v., and seeks out "famous" girls.  He met Tia.....somewhow.....and after that, he "met" Olympic gymnast Ali Raisman on an MTV chat and asked her out, and dated her right up until he was chosen for The Bachelorette.  He cited "distance" as the reason for ending the relationship with Ali Raisman, but hello, he lives in Colorado, Becca's in Minnesota.  So I'm side-eyeing him about now.

I mean, everyone has a past, and I appreciate that he told Becca about being with Tia rather than her finding it out from someone else.  I'm just questioning all the t.v. personalities that he seems to be into.

• Love 19

Is it just me, or does Becca sound like she has a head cold?  Or is that just her voice?  It looks Cold in all the scenes, and the one scene by the pool, it was raining, and Becca had on skimpy, low cut dresses, she was making me COLD!  One guy did offer her his coat. 

• Love 5

Too many of these guys have dark hair and big ears: David, Garrett, Blake and a couple others (Guy she has date with next week).  For trying to figure out preview, makes it hard.  

Colton is cute, his facial expressions  just don’t come across as genuine.  I don’t like Blake, he’s weird looking and strange acting.  I’m liking Garrett.  It seems like Leo will be the “friend”!for her this season.  

Really didn’t have to throw picture, just move it.  Anyone else notice the tip of David’s nose is always red?

• Love 3

Jordan HAS to be a Producer plant!  He is not remotely interested in Becca, he has not asked her one question about herself, he has not commented on how pretty she is or anything....everything he says, is about himself!

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Sterling said:

Colton seems to want to be on t.v., and seeks out "famous" girls.  He met Tia.....somewhow.....and after that, he "met" Olympic gymnast Ali Raisman on an MTV chat and asked her out, and dated her right up until he was chosen for The Bachelorette.

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about his dating Ali. My assessment: famewhore. That's why his eyes don't match what his mouth is saying. Lips: "Blah blah blah I'm so sincere I'm here for you." Eyes: "This is so much fun for me."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, hyacinth said:

Oh, Jesus, Jordan's about to get naked.   Is it too much to hope for full frontal?

Jordan's modeling photos looked OK when I first saw them.   But on the show, he is vain, takes modeling WAAAY too seriously, and isn't really all that good looking.  He is one of the most one-dimensional guys ever cast.  There's nothing behind the "pensive face."  It is his one and only "talent". 

I look again at his modeling photos, and the ones where he looked good before,  now he just looks kind of young and stupid. 

• Love 10