Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09 The World Needs Heroes. Over. 2018.05.31

Ezra's Toby jug con leads to an unlikely encounter with an old flame; The Bumblers, Maddie, Max, and Sally set in motion their risky plan to take down the Doctor.

Oh, no, now this show has been cancelled, as well.  It was my favorite show last year, and while it did start slowly this season, it has been so interestingly lately. I enjoyed today's episode. It was well-acted and very funny,  and I was looking forward to a third season.

What is going on with this frenzy of cancellations? I don't watch anything else on Bravo. These shows sometimes need time to build an audience, and when the networks don't allow for that,  it doesn't even pay anymore to get invested in any tv show.

• Love 3

Oh, no, I hadn't heard!  It's such an enjoyable show that I agree started a little slow this season, but really picked up steam in the last few episodes.  Well, I guess if this site and the number of posts are any indication, I should have seen it coming.  Networks beware!  People are hesitant to start watching new shows because they are afraid to get hooked and then disappointed when premature cancellations happen.  They need to rethink their business plan and profit expectations in this world of social media, streaming services and so many choices for viewers.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Arkay said:

What is going on with this frenzy of cancellations?

I guess it was decision time for the cable networks hence the timing of the announcements of some shows.

First Deception and now this. I loved the twists and turns.  I’m a reality show junkie and finally thought I’d better add other genres otherwise my brain would turn to mush.      This is terrible!

(edited)

Also wondering what is up with Sally/Doctor.  I didn't expect that.

Sorry to see Imposters cancelled.   I really like it because it's different than anything else I've seen on TV and manages to combine humor with suspense.   Really sorry to see this one go.

ETA: Just read that the last espisode is next week - June 7.   I can't imagine they'll wrap everything up in just one more episode - the article even says this upcoming episode was not intended as a series finale.

http://www.ibtimes.com/imposters-canceled-after-2-seasons-bravo-may-be-shopped-elsewhere-2686523

“Imposters” had a solid start in the spring of 2017. According to Deadline, the show’s Season 1 averaged more than 1.4 million total viewers per episode, garnering what Bravo called the fastest in-season growth of any new scripted series on ad-supported cable with a 23 percent increase in adults 18-49 from the first half of the season to the second. When factoring in delayed viewing, the show’s freshman run was among the top 10 cable show in the all-important demo. Unfortunately, when the show returned a year later for a second season, it lost a chunk of its live viewership.

Though “Imposters” was already cancelled at Bravo, the show may still find a new home. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that production company Universal Cable Productions may try to shop the series elsewhere, with Netflix a possibility. Sources noted that the show have reportedly performed better on the streaming giant than on its original home at Bravo.”

I think having to wait a year between seasons for shows today is a problem and I personally hate it.  Back in the day, the network shows debuted in the fall, ran through the spring, with the new season picking up again the following fall.  Now it's a show with 5-6 episodes, and a year in between seasons and people just lose interest.  I have - not with this show, but with others.  A year later, I can barely remember where some shows left off.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

ETA: Just read that the last espisode is next week - June 7.   I can't imagine they'll wrap everything up in just one more episode - the article even says this upcoming episode was not intended as a series finale.

Probably not since it was cancelled after the fact.