Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: Happy Hour at the Duck Sick Bar

• Start Topic

Annie seems like she's over it.  I don't blame her, why is David so lazy? I noticed he was talking about her getting a job when she gets her green card.  What about him? Why isn't he working yet? So much of his story doesn't make sense.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

That thread title is pure gold. Like David's watch. 

Slapstick... it's not just something Annie and David do twice a week. 

• Love 14
On 5/31/2018 at 8:41 PM, SevenCostanza said:

Annie seems like she's over it.  I don't blame her, why is David so lazy? I noticed he was talking about her getting a job when she gets her green card.  What about him? Why isn't he working yet? So much of his story doesn't make sense.

You got that right. Chris doesn't seem on the square either. I checked out his FB page and it is high drama with domestic abuse arrests, conspiracy and libel. Nothing stays a secret for long for these realebrities though...

• Love 3

David’s ass in the previews.... his gut at the restaurant with Ashley?  Poor Annie is all i so can say. 

And if Anfisa is blunt about why she hooked up with Jorge... Annie is now showing her true colors without the sugar coating.

• Love 4

Where is David getting all these different cars from?  In the episode when he and Annie are pawning her jewelry they were driving a white car.  In the latest episode when he goes to meet Ashley he gets out of a reddish truck or suv.  For someone with no income this doesn't seem plausible.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Where is David getting all these different cars from?  In the episode when he and Annie are pawning her jewelry they were driving a white car.  In the latest episode when he goes to meet Ashley he gets out of a reddish truck or suv.  For someone with no income this doesn't seem plausible.

Maybe he borrowed the car and truck from his friend

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Yeah, the guy who used to give him money 

That ship has sailed. He’s charging them 1000 bucks a month to live in that firehouse. No more handouts.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, iwasish said:

That ship has sailed. He’s charging them 1000 bucks a month to live in that firehouse. No more handouts.

I said "used to give him money" meaning the past and I would not be surprised if they are still friends anyway

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

First we saw David driving a Volvo and then when he met his daughter for dinner he was driving a red pick up truck. How does a broke man have so many cars? 

That lowered red truck looked like something a young man would drive. I wonder if that was his son's red truck.

• Love 1

David really looks unhealthy. I wonder if his weight gain is from being back to eating processed junk food or if he is drinking a lot off camera. I also wonder what his plan to return to the states was. Did he think that Chris would just take care of everything? So strange. And didn't Annie ever ask? 

• Love 3

Bbbuuuttt Nikki says Chris isn't allowed to play with David anymore! She had herself clasped on him at the last Tell Nothing while insisting that Chris tell him the money was cut off. How could David and Annie afford to buy the plane tickets? Why would she back down after accusing Annie of stealing money from her purse? It's like it was all scripted; I feel so mislead....

Okay, so I don't. They are all full of crap. I think Nikki was surprised to find out Chris had sponsored Annie because of her reaction in that scene, but she had to know that Chris funded David and Annie's lives, even if she wasn't on Chris' bank accounts. Chris is shady as hell and David assists him. Annie didn't have other options for a husband, with the one much older man returning to England(?) with no intent to make her anything other than a fling in another country, and there was David spending Chris' money like it was his own. Annie knew he didn't have anything and even said it on the show, but expected Chris to continue to fund their lives, which is what made David tolerable.

Does Annie mumble? She's hard to understand and it's more than her accent, I think. Anfisa speaks really quickly and sometimes I have to focus to hear what she says, but I have a real hard time understanding Annie sometimes. I also have hearing loss. 

• Love 4

I just CAN'T with this big galook! Everything out of his mouth is just a bunch of hooey. I feel confident I can get a job blah blah blah....actions speak louder than words, Bahtman! How humiliating that he had to ask his sister for money. Good on her that she refused and very interesting that she admitted this is a pattern with her younger brother who she has always had to bail out. No wonder she has not seen him in 10 years!!!

• Love 7

I have a semi relevant question: If Bhatman never sends the green card papers, and in 5 years they split, what happens of Annie? Does she have to go back to Thailand? Or could she get her green card and adjust her status on her own?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I have a semi relevant question: If Bhatman never sends the green card papers, and in 5 years they split, what happens of Annie? Does she have to go back to Thailand? Or could she get her green card and adjust her status on her own?

She can get her own green card and adjust her status on her own but she is better off returning to Thailand since she misses her family and friends and will be happier back home

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

She can get her own green card and adjust her status on her own but she is better off returning to Thailand since she misses her family and friends and will be happier back home

And go back to the "dick suck" bar? No thanks! Annie wouldn't even know where to find one. 

• Love 8

TLC is paying David to look like a fool on national TV. He does not need to work. As long as he stays on the show, money will not be an issue. Open your eyes people.

• Love 5
(edited)

What do they pay an episode?  Even Nicole has to work at a barista job in addition to doing this show.  I wouldn't think they would make enough to get by doing only the show unless they are living with parents or something.  Then again, look at Danielle.  She lost her job and was able to maintain a life with kids in a filthy hovel (with travel!) just doing this show!

ETA: I googled and found and article that claims they get paid $1000 an episode.  How many shows are there per season?  David and Annie can live in the firehouse for a year on that before taxes and have to go without food, utilities, gas for the car, medical care,  and clothing.  Or they can pay for a vastectomy reversal and live there for less than half a year.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

If this comment gets 20+ hearts, I'll change the thread name from "Annie & David: Bahtman and Robbin'" to "Annie & David: Happy Hour at the Duck Sick Bar."

Uh...I'd like to amend that to "Annie & David: Happy Hour at the Duck Sick Bar's Boom Boom Room...just a suggestion...

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

What do they pay an episode?  Even Nicole has to work at a barista job in addition to doing this show.  I wouldn't think they would make enough to get by doing only the show unless they are living with parents or something.  Then again, look at Danielle.  She lost her job and was able to maintain a life with kids in a filthy hovel (with travel!) just doing this show!

ETA: I googled and found and article that claims they get paid $1000 an episode.  How many shows are there per season?  David and Annie can live in the firehouse for a year on that before taxes and have to go without food, utilities, gas for the car, medical care,  and clothing.  Or they can pay for a vastectomy reversal and live there for less than half a year.

He owes back child support, he owes money to his other sister and father plus whatever credit cards he’s run up. That grand an episode isn’t even a dent in what he needs to live. What good is a reversed vasectomy and possible baby when you have no insurance for prenatal care?

As big a bitch as Ashley is being to Annie, Annie should wake up and face reality (ha ha). David is a loser. She got bamboozeled. He will never come thru on his promises, if she stays with him she will end up supporting him. Go back to Thailand Annie, back go work in the dick suck bar and don’t be so gullible in the future. If they can’t pay the dowry in full, they ain’t never gonna pay it. 

Actually, can the family demand a dowry for their divorced daughter? Isn’t the dowry supposed to be for a supposed virgin? Even David had to know Annie’s V-card was punched long ago.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

He owes back child support, he owes money to his other sister and father plus whatever credit cards he’s run up. That grand an episode isn’t even a dent in what he needs to live. What good is a reversed vasectomy and possible baby when you have no insurance for prenatal care?

You don't think older sister Nancy is going to come through . . . again????  (Me neither.)

4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Annie should wake up and face reality (ha ha). David is a loser. She got bamboozeled. He will never come thru on his promises, if she stays with him she will end up supporting him. Go back to Thailand Annie

I know in last season we saw David making numerous, neverending withdrawals from the Bank of Chris, but I seem to remember only once or twice him telling Annie he had to borrow money from Chris...maybe it was over the dowry amount? I cant remember. Plus, even though we've never seen it on the show, it's entirely plausible that either Chris, Nikki or David showed Annie photos of Chris and Nikki's home and Annie thought she was going to live like that when they got to the US. Desperate people believe what they want to believe, and I cannot say I understand that mentality because thankfully I've never been that desperate, but Ive met those people before, and I have to leave room for some empathy and remind myself how lucky I am to have been born where I was and into the family I am part of. All that aside, I think we're seeing a disgusted Annie now because she sees her life in America isn't what she was told it would be. I'm sure if David was more blunt and honest with her and said "Look, I have no money, no place nice to live, and we're going to living in a shitty firehouse, look at the photos..., and I'm not going to give you a child of your own..." she might have made another decision. The other side of this situation is that given the people involved, it's entirely plausible that we're all being played and David, Chris and Nikki are all in on it and just giving TLC a storyline to pimp this season. And I say that only because of the recent advertising to go to Thailand with these dumbass people as your tour guides...yeah, right.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Annie loves kids and needs money. Why on earth can't she babysit "off the books" without jeopardizing her green card status? 

I can only imagine how she’d entertain them. 

And does she love kids? I don’t see anything maternal in her at all. And why can’t she go to school? There are plenty of adult education courses at local schools. Even local colleges offer classes in computer skills etc. you don’t have to be going for a  degree, you just pay a fee for the class. 

She could clean houses. My sister in law pays $60 to have someone do general light cleaning once a week. She could walk dogs. It’s $25 a day to have your dog walked once a day. David can do the same stuff. Shit, walking 2 dogs a day for an hour each and that fat ass of his would get much smaller. 

Plenty of ways the  two of them could make rent. They live in a firehouse? It must have a big garage. Wash and detail cars. People will pay $100+ to have their cars detailed. 2 cars a day would make rent in one week. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I know in last season we saw David making numerous, neverending withdrawals from the Bank of Chris, but I seem to remember only once or twice him telling Annie he had to borrow money from Chris...maybe it was over the dowry amount? I cant remember. Plus, even though we've never seen it on the show, it's entirely plausible that either Chris, Nikki or David showed Annie photos of Chris and Nikki's home and Annie thought she was going to live like that when they got to the US. Desperate people believe what they want to believe, and I cannot say I understand that mentality because thankfully I've never been that desperate, but Ive met those people before, and I have to leave room for some empathy and remind myself how lucky I am to have been born where I was and into the family I am part of. All that aside, I think we're seeing a disgusted Annie now because she sees her life in America isn't what she was told it would be. I'm sure if David was more blunt and honest with her and said "Look, I have no money, no place nice to live, and we're going to living in a shitty firehouse, look at the photos..., and I'm not going to give you a child of your own..." she might have made another decision. The other side of this situation is that given the people involved, it's entirely plausible that we're all being played and David, Chris and Nikki are all in on it and just giving TLC a storyline to pimp this season. And I say that only because of the recent advertising to go to Thailand with these dumbass people as your tour guides...yeah, right.

Sympathy only goes so far. She had to know he had kids and grandkids in the US. Didn’t she wonder why he had no contact with them? When he could not come up with the dowry money, didn’t that raise a red flag? She wanted out of Thailand so badly, that much like Anfisa   She ignored some obvious red flags. Anfisa at least has taken strides to better things for herself instead of  relying on Jorge. 

Are Jorge and David all that different? Both made promises they can’t keep, lie about everything and have no way to support their spouse in the way they promised. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

You don't think older sister Nancy is going to come through . . . again????  (Me neither.)

Loved how she basically told him “DON’T show up at my door in PA when the money runs out” because I think that was his PLAN B and she knew it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I do feel bad for Annie if she was a sex worker.  She probably had to do it to support herself or her family.  AND David probably lied to her , but she wanted out of that life so bad that she was willing to take a chance like this.  Get educated , Annie and THEN leave David so you don't have to go back to what you did before.  She's young enough (if her age is to be believed) to find someone better to have kids with and who is a better person in general than David.  He's on the road to losing everything again.  David is the real harvester of the american dollar on this show.  He just harvests and harvests people.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Did anyone else see the clip of next episode where Chris sold the firehouse and David and Annie needed to be out by Tuesday?

Yes, Meowwww.  This came up as a suggested video on Youtube, and was different than what I thought had been said on the show, which was something about rent.  Wonder why Chris would send David a lease at this point if a sale were in the works. Off to the new digs... (?).

• Love 1