Type keyword(s) to search

My Hero Academia - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm still wondering about the deal of the Native American looking guy that Stain nailed along with Iida.

Here's All Might at the USJ fight . . . as recreated by Super Smash Bros characters.

ETA: Does anyone understand the disembodied hands covering Shigaraki? For that matter, how do cosplayers simulate that effect? I ran into one and he told me, but I forgot how it was done.
Edited by Lantern7
On 12/28/2018 at 11:32 PM, Lantern7 said:

I'm still wondering about the deal of the Native American looking guy that Stain nailed along with Iida.

He might be dressed as one of the Ainu people. The clothing is somewhat similar.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:32 PM, Lantern7 said:

ETA: Does anyone understand the disembodied hands covering Shigaraki?

I think it's a reference to the fact that he touches things to use his powers. Basically just a costume. I was hoping it would be something more interesting. Maybe it'll turn out to have some sort of functionality.

Anybody still watching? Last episode was fallout from the attacks, and the younger heroes getting chewed out by the police chief (dog head, why ask?) for doing hero stuff without licenses . . . then praising them for doing what they had to do. Officially, though, the credit for putting down Stain will go to Endeavor. Oh, and Iida's hand is now fucked-up. On the bright side, we get a funny Todoroki moment, as he wonders if people will always get their hands messed up around him, between the fight and his match with Midoriya.

Aside from peeks into how the kids are doing on their internships (including Bakugo, looking like he's going to go on a murder spree at any second from being with Best Jeanist), we get Stain's manifesto, which is spreading like wildfire through the villain community.

On a semi-related note, I've read the first two volumes of the "Vigilantes" spin-off manga.

Spoiler

It's set shortly before MHA/BnHA, where a kid with an unimpressive Quirk (Slide & Glide, allowing him to move freely if he have three points -- hands and feet -- on the ground) and would-be idol Pop Step come under the wing of the crude hulk calling himself Knuckleduster . . . and he has no Quirk. A lot goes on, and we get to see Stain under another identity doing his thing.

This week we get to follow up on some of the other students (but mainly Froppy).  The villian that Froppy goes up against is unsurprisingly called Innsmouth.  This is also an anime only story but what I love about the show is that when they do a "filler" episode (the clip show episodes don't count) it is used to follow some of the other students which nicely fleshes out the supporting cast.

Also wanted to point out that Todoroki only had a few lines total in the entirety of season 1.  It's funny how quickly he steps up to be one of the main characters this season.  

Kirishima and Sero see Bakugo’s new look. You almost feel bad for the hothead. Bombhead?

Tsuyu is tstill so cute. Can you blame the spotted seal man for getting gushy? I will say that I think the name “Froppy” could only work in Japan.

ETA Realization: Froppy was probably also destined to be a lawyer. Her name is “sue you,” after all. Aaaaaaaaand I’m shutting up now.

Edited by Lantern7

Final exams! Studying! Worrying! Ashido hosts a session with her more worried classmates at her really posh digs! The power-stealing asshole from 1B keeps being an asshole!

Then we get to the fighting, where two strategically-paired would-be heroes are pitted against a teacher. And the last battle scheduled? All Might vs. Midoriya AND Bakugo. And that must really make Bakugo happy. First he has to deal with Best Jeanist, and now he's Deku's teammate?!? Oh, and the big goofy dude turns out to gain strength from eating sugar, but he and Kirishima are easy prey for the cement-producing hero because they insist on tiring themselves out plowing through the walls he makes.

PS: Uraraka will be teamed . . . with Aoyama. Man, even Minetta would be a better choice. As pervy as he is, you don't have to pry him from a mirror.

Edited by Lantern7

Latest episode has the students prevailing in their battles with the pros. First, Tokoyami (Crow head, Dark Shadow quirk) and Asui (Frog quirk) manage to get past Ectoplasm. Next, Iida (Engine quirk) and Mashirao (the kid with the tail) best Power Loader with a sweet "fusion" technique. The episode's main battle involves Eraser Head facing two of his best students: Todoroki (you know damn well which one he is) and Ashido (Creation quirk). Basically, the match is tailored to deal with Todoroki's constant shouldering of loads and Ashido turning into a mess when things don't go according to plan. In the end, they manage to team up (she created a flash grenade in a nesting doll, which is oddly awesome), exploiting Eraser Head's weakened powers from the USJ battle to subdue him for the victory.

The brief teaser from Toonami shows an interesting battle:

Spoiler

Ashido (the pink ant-looking girl with the Acid quirk) and Kaminari (Electrification) vs. UA Principal Nezu. You know, the weird-looking critter guy with the high voice.

Well, the tests are over. Students went 8-2 against the pros. Yes, I know the pros were wearing restrictive weight, but it shouldn't have been that lopsided. The only real losers were Sato and Kirishima electing to bull through Ishiyama/Cementoss's endless barriers. Ashido and Kaminari have the excuse that Principal Nezu had access to construction machinery. Midnight lost to Minetta. I mean, awesome that the little guy manned up, got past her aroma, stuck her whip in place with the sticky balls, and passed the test for himself and the unconscious Sero . . . but it's still Minetta. Present Mic had the excuse that he wasn't ready for Koga's never-before-revealed animal speaking Quirk to overwhelm him with bugs. On the other hand, just sticking himself at the exit and screaming while hoping for the best wasn't the best plan.

Oh, and Midoriya and Bakugo pass against All Might. Of course, they remained true to their characters. Midoriya is basically Morty Smith around Bakugo, while Bakugo is unbelievably angry. The episode title suggested we would see his origin, but that didn't really happen. The kid does show smarts when it comes to his Quirk, but the anger is still there.

BTW, what the heck does Koga look like? I'm thinking the Green Lantern known as Kilowog.

Oh, and I got this sketch last week. What do you think?

froppy.thumb.JPG.e3b2bd9dbb51fb2a6f652d2486af0857.JPG

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

Well, we're done with the second season. Basically, a bunch of 1A students hit the mall to prep for their camping trip. Midoriya ends up by himself, and he winds up talking philosophy and sociology with Tomura Shigaraki. He probably didn't need to wrap his hands around Midoriya's throat while talking, though. I do get Handy's frustration, as Stain inspires the bad guys better than the League of Villains could, One shop at the mall sells Stain merch. Seriously, I get suspension of disbelief, but that's a guy who has fucking murdered people.

Meanwhile, Uraraka denies her feelings towards Deku some more, and the kids that bombed the exam get to go camping after all. I don't understand why Sero was lumped with them. I mean, he did toss Minetta out of the way before succumbing to Midnight's pheromones. Also, it turned out the teachers were holding back . . . and given how damn Deku saved him, Bakugo must have loved hearing that revelation. I'm amazed he didn't try to blow up the school.

Edited by Lantern7

Third season started with an episode that was mostly recap. It was pretty cool, though. Side plot is Class 1A training in the swimming pool . . .an idea formed by Denki and Minetta to see the girls in bikinis. That backfires when Midoriya invites everyone, Iida makes the boys train in endurance, and the girls wear regulation swimwear.

Funny moment: the naughty boys imagining the girls in bikinis, and Asui is in an old-fashioned one piece suit. Nice touch.

Midoriya ruins a day at the pool for Denki and Minetta. Good thing he has One for All, because they probably want to beat him senseless.

From last week

On 3/1/2019 at 10:49 PM, Lantern7 said:

One shop at the mall sells Stain merch. Seriously, I get suspension of disbelief, but that's a guy who has fucking murdered people.

Why not? If RL shops can sell Che Guevara t-shirts...

I told the kids there would be an ep with some uncomfortable boy-girl dynamics, but I didn’t realize there would be two in a row.

At least even the 1A guys are squicked out by Mineta at this point.  

So did 1B go to a different camp?  They weren’t at the hot springs.  

Class 1A goes to camp! Also 1B, but does anyone give a crap about them at all? Aside from the thought of Sero getting shipped to 1B because Mineta saved his ass against Midnight, 1B isn't relevant. On the bright side, I'm thinking Steal-Yo-Powers Lad is the only full-on asshole there. And if he acts up, Bakugo will know how to approach him in order to send him to hell.

Also, we get a superhero team (Wild, Wild Pussycats) and some poor kid whose hero parents were murdered. On the bright side, he crotch-punches Midoriya. Since this is anime, I'm sure Midoriya will turn the kid's heart from stone . . . but the punch was funny. Bonus for Iida screaming about the inappropriateness of nailing someone there. "A punch to the scrotum is unforgivable!"

23 hours ago, lathspel said:

At least even the 1A guys are squicked out by Mineta at this point. 

Minoru Mineta: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Balls To The Wall." I can imagine the others shouting, "Dude, we went through a forest of horrors. We're tired, we just want to relax, so why do something that we all know is going to get you hurt?" "Guys, aren't you curious?!?" "NO!!!!" "Not even about Toru?" "Wait . . . the invisible girl?" "Yeah! Water would give us a better idea on her shape!!" And then Iida would grab Mineta's face and blow exhaust from his calves and make him pass out.

Anybody else watching? Basically, the League of Villains sends a new bunch of assholes to try and murder heroes and students. This includes a guy who can grow massive muscles from under his skin. Bonus: he was the guy that killed Kouta's parents. Naturally, Midoriya has to go Maximum Plus Ultra on him, no doubt melting Kouta's cynicism about heroes.

Attacking a training camp for kids has to rank pretty high on the villainy scale.

So far the kids include one who turns calories into super strength, one who produces endless weapons out of thin air, and one with a powerful "demon" that has to be carefully managed to prevent it from going out of control. Starting to sound like Naruto here.

The guy from the Vanguard in the black bodysuit with white trim . . . he's supposed to be Deadpool, right?

Worst Camping Trip Ever continues. Midoriya is in the center of it all, to the point where you hear "My Hero" by Foo Fighters every time he comes on screen. It's a bit too much, but the kid has heart. And it looks like every student we've seen has stepped up to the plate. Well, except for Aoyama, but I'm betting some asshole will get a face full of Naval Laser soon. Wait, that sounds flithy.

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

The guy from the Vanguard in the black bodysuit with white trim . . . he's supposed to be Deadpool, right? 

I don't think so. He seems to have at least two personalities.

15 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

I don't think so. He seems to have at least two personalities.

Yes . . . but when Daniel Way was writing him, Deadpool had dueling caption boxes. I'm just free associating.

Anyone have the heart to tell Midoriya and/or All Might that naming attacks after Delaware is a bit lame? I imaging otaku getting pumped from "ONE-FOR-All DELAWARE SMASH!!!!" and then getting bummed when their trip to Dover isn't as exciting as they'd like it.

2 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

I am getting the feeling that Shigaraki's face palm is the severed hand of his father.

This week - All for One steps in personally and stuff is set to hit the fan.

1. I'm also thinking his dad was a professional video gamer or something Hence all the references he drops.

2. Holy shit, that's an entrance. Just friggin' kill everyone without breaking a sweat, and unintentionally scar the kids for life.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, Lantern7 said:

Anyone have the heart to tell Midoriya and/or All Might that naming attacks after Delaware is a bit lame? I imaging otaku getting pumped from "ONE-FOR-All DELAWARE SMASH!!!!" and then getting bummed when their trip to Dover isn't as exciting as they'd like it.

I interpreted this as the “English words are cool in Japan” trope, but not sure why they didn’t translate it differently.  

This week:  I’m impressed All-for-One can operate untethered and out of the tank. 

Anybody else keeping up? Basically, UA tries to move on, convincing the kids to move into dorms. Ma Midoriya balks at the idea of her kid endangering himself, and Deku figures he could enroll in another hero school . . . but the depowered All Might basically begs, and she relents. Most of the episode is him and Aizawa making their pitches to parents. It turns out Bakugo's mother is the tough one in the family, and the Captain Murder Explosion thanks All Might for the save. He was actually pretty calm, aside from yelling at his mother..

I got two MHA/BNHA-based sketches last weekend: Bakugo and Gran Torino. What do you think?

Bakugo.jpg.bcc7131fe53a63d2cdf19ad63b059e80.jpg742480234_GranTorino.JPG.0f74c1f448098b68815602f2692e0f38.JPG

(edited)

No one has been watching? Damn.

Anyway, UA managed to get all twenty 1A students into a dormitory. Hijinks ensue, with students (and viewers) getting a peek into their rooms. Naturally, Midoriya's room is basically wall-to-wall All Might stuff. Then there's a touching bit where Asui cries at the Bakugo Rescue team for not listening to her telling them to back off. Hugs ensue.

This week: the students prep trademark moves and tweak their outfits. Hatsume returns to glomp on poor Deku, horrify Uraraka, and occasional blow them (and Iida) up with her "babies." Oh, and Midoriya figures out how to use One-For-All with his legs.

ETA: From the series' "Crowning Moment of Funny" page . . . here are YouTube commenters imagining what Bakugo's room looks like. I can actually hear him yelling that last line.

YouTube commenter: watch him have some posters of All might and an exploded picture of deku

YouTube commenter: A picture of deku on a dart board with several darts attached

YouTube commenter: He probably has a bunch of pictures of Midoriya and throws darts at them.

YouTube commenter: Pic of deku with 200 darts on it

YouTube commenter: Probably like Shoji's or Uraraka's. Only difference is a dart board with Midoriya's face taped on it.

YouTube commenter: Knowing him it's either completely trashed because he doesn't care, or really clean because, at the end of the day, he's a pretty good student and his mom would murder him if he had a messy room

YouTube commenter: He also might have flashbacks of his mom slapping the shit outta him for not cleaning his room lol

YouTube commenter: DAMN ROOM!! IM GONNA CLEAN THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!!!!

Edited by Lantern7
17 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

No one has been watching? Damn.

Watching, yes. Commenting, no.

I bet Bakugo's room has at least one embarrassing item in it, like a Midnight hug pillow, or something.

Still trying to figure out who, if anyone, is the traitor at the academy.

We go straight to the License Exams, with our would-be heroes having to face down aspirants from other schools in Japan to get provisional hero licenses. Because this is a shonen anime, we have another free-for-all, with applicants trying to tag each other with balls. Class 1A is supposed to be severely disadvantaged because they were seen at the Festival, but they've been working out, and Midoiya gets them to work as a team. Since Midoriya is not Gohan, sixteen of his classmates join him; Todoroki goes off to inflict maximum damage without fear of endangering his friends, Bakugo stalks off because he's Bakugo, and Kirishima joins him because they're supposed to be friends. Given that his Quirk can protect him from Bakugo's blast, it's not a huge leap to watch.

I also found this: All Might vs. Goku in rapping.

(edited)

The exam has been pretty interesting so far. The only real demerit is that two female students got all dirty with Midoriya . . . including one whose Quirk infers impersonation. Also, she winds up looking naked, which a visiting Sero appreciated. I'm surprised he didn't yell for Minetta to join him. Those girls did everything short of handing applications to the hapless Deku to form his harem.

This week: Todoroki takes care of some multi-colored ninja-looking dudes to advance. A quartet of 1A student (Yaoyorozu, Asui, Jiro. Shoji) overcome a team that neutralizes their respective Quirks. Yaoyorozu gets MVP honors . . . she knew that she was expected to tax out her Quirk (Creation), but she wound up doing it on a smaller scale for the win. In other news, Jiro's earbuds can bleed, and Asui freezes up when the temperature drops. Because she's a frog girl, you see. Elsewhere, Kirishima gets turned into a flesh blob by a student, but Bakugo doesn't look like he'll back down. On the sidelines, Aizawa notes that he and Midoriya have set the tone that their classmates strive to match. On YouTube, someone did a video about those two. The title: "Green Naruto, Mean Naruto." I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's probably accurate.

The credits (set to "Make My Story” by Lenny code fiction) are shown in full. Here they are in case you haven't seen them yet. I'm tickled that the final scene has a minor character like Toru front-and-center . . .  but since she's invisible, it works well.

And here's a sketch of Uraraka I got last week. I'm not sure which MHA/BnHA characters I should get next. I don't have any villains yet, Shigaraki would be logical, since his look is striking. I've also been getting sketches based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and the guy looks like Yoshikage Kira's wet dream come to life.

Uraraka.JPG.74563b521d35f68b91ee0970b8237dc3.JPG

Edited by Lantern7

In case you didn't hear, Toonami is shuffling their lineup with the additions of Food Wars! and Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin: Advent of the Red Comet (I'm copying and pasting from the schedule). For whatever reason, MHA has been moved . . . to 3:30 a.m. I honestly can't fathom why. Would the rating be that low to warrant a shonen anime with teen protagonists be shoved that far back into the pack?

This is a shame, since the License Exam arc has been moving along without much trouble. Every member of Class 1A manages to pass the dodgeball melee portion of the exam, making up for a fifth of the remaining field. Kaminari actually uses intelligence to defeat the guy with the "Meatball" Quirk (ability to turn opponents into fugly fleshy balls), and he saves Bakugo and Kirishima in the process. The last part has the straggling 1A kids rallying towards Aoyama's Naval Laser blast . . . unaware that he's trying to sacrifice himself to get Iida to advance by drawing attention to himself. Happily (I guess), our really frou-frou French boy gets his shit together to advance with the rest of his classmates. Oh, and Tooru's Invisibility Quirk now allows her to blind her opponents. Of course it does.

The gang at Team Four Star recently gave their recaps of the Cell Saga from Dragon Ball Z the "Kai" treatment, and part of it had an unconscious Goku having a MHA-based dream . . . with Vegeta as Bakugo and Nappa as All Might. Take a look:

Anybody else out there?

Anyway, the Exams reach the rescue portion, as the 100 heroes that had advanced have to save victims of a simulated disaster . . . which gets more complicated when the hero Gang Orca and his crew drop by as the surprise bad guys. The stage requires more thinking from the characters, especially with the victims (paid actors) giving them shit for missteps. For instance, ol' Deku learned not to exclaim "This looks bad!" coming up to a bloodied kid. Also, Bakugo yells at two "victims" asking for his help because their injuries are minor.

Did I mention the series is now on 3:30 a.m.? Aside from Sero telling Minetta and Kaminari about the naked girl getting up on Midoriya and their envious overreactions, it didn't feel lewd at all. Oh, and Uraraka still Has Feelings for Midoriya. Basically, the status quo remains unchanged.

We have a short break in the License Exam to insert a previously unseen test which took place prior to the forest training camp. Is All Might a large ham or what? It also acts as a plug for the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes movie. This makes me wonder if Toonami will air the movie the way it has shown Bleach and Naruto movies in the past, though it has been quite some time since they've done that.

5 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

We have a short break in the License Exam to insert a previously unseen test which took place prior to the forest training camp. Is All Might a large ham or what? It also acts as a plug for the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes movie. This makes me wonder if Toonami will air the movie the way it has shown Bleach and Naruto movies in the past, though it has been quite some time since they've done that.

Funny thing . . . I was poking around, and I discovered Two Heroes was free On Demand from Starz. I have Spectrum cable . . . dunno if this is in other cable networks. And I saw the movie on DVD. It wasn't bad . . . cute bit of fluff with some background info on All Might.

Caught the filler episode. We probably won't get to see All Might unless there's a huge crisis that forces him to draw from quickly-created reserves . . . and if that's the case, he probably wouldn't be as funny as playing a villain. Awesome that Midoriya plays Detective Conan . . . but then he (and his classmates) lose the body, because the villain faked stabbing himself to death. If All Might had been more committed to his role, he would have flipped off the students while making his getaway.

It's funny . . . seeing that All Might got started in America, but he came from Japan. Normally, I'd wonder how that can happen, since All Might looks extremely Caucasian . . . but this is a world that has kids with pointed teeth, frog-like attributes, and possessing the head of a crow. Best to let that slide.

Todoroki's past behavior comes back to bite him. It's also pretty clear someone completely flunked the rescue portion of the exam.

The sound mixing on this ep was off, at least for me. The background music was so overpowering the dialog that I had to switch on the closed captioning.

(edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, Terrafamilia said:

Todoroki's past behavior comes back to bite him.

I don't really blame him. Yoarashi (thanks, Google!) mistook his cold intensity for the arrogance of his father. "He shoved you when you wanted an autograph? Top this: Endeavor basically picked my mother to be his mare, and he broke her in the process. See the burn under my eye? She had an 'episode' and scalded me with hot water. But yes, holding a grudge over a shove is extremely justified on your part."

I know, Todoroki wouldn't say that, but you knew he was thinking it. Great that he and Yoarashi were able to use their Quirks to halt Gang Orca, even as they were both subdued.

I like the planning committee. "Okay, so All Might is no more, and Endeavor is now the number-one hero." "We can't have that. The guy's an asshole." "Agreed. Flaming facial hair can only mask him being a dick for so long." And the really funny thing? endeavor is pissed off by this development, because he didn't want to get the top spot by All Might getting permanently wrecked on TV.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

The exam wraps up, and everyone from Class 1-A gets provisional hero licenses. Well, except for Todoroki, on account of that tiff with Yoarashi. And Baukgo, because of his general demeanor. But those who failed will get another shot at a provisional license. Oh, and one of Yoarashi's classmates was actually our overly-cosplayed psycho bitch Toga. Turns out that she can change her form into that of others by taking their blood. Seriously, just about every convention I hit, there's a Toga.

After we get All Might visiting All For One in the anime's supermax prison, we get to Bakugo going over Deku's progress with the hapless would-be hero. Our explosive antagonist has realized that Midoriya got his Quirk from All Might, and he challenges Deku to a fight. Should be awesome.

ETA: Looking at the popularity polls from Japan and the U.S., I see the the top character in the eyes of fans . . . is Bakugo. I can understand that in many ways, but it's still disturbing to see so much love for Emperor Explosive Murder, or whatever he wants to call himself.

Edited by Lantern7
20 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

we get All Might visiting All For One in the anime's supermax prison

When this was going on I was wondering if it would be possible for Neito Monoma, the kid from class 1B who can temporarily copy other's quirks, to copy the All for One quirk and then use that copy to extract the original (for safety's sake All for One would need to be seriously unconscious). Then he could suck out all the other stolen quirks from All for One and even return them to the original possessors, assuming they were alive and discoverable and not villains. He could then depower the captured Nomu.

Nah, would never happen, because, reasons.

4 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

When this was going on I was wondering if it would be possible for Neito Monoma, the kid from class 1B who can temporarily copy other's quirks, to copy the All for One quirk and then use that copy to extract the original (for safety's sake All for One would need to be seriously unconscious). Then he could suck out all the other stolen quirks from All for One and even return them to the original possessors, assuming they were alive and discoverable and not villains. He could then depower the captured Nomu.

Nah, would never happen, because, reasons.

"Oh! What's this?!? The mighty All Might needs MY help?!? And he doesn't need the assistance from any 1-A student?!? They're supposed to be SO talented, and yet the greatest hero is turning to me for help!! A 1-B student!!!! Wow, that is SO embarrassing for all of them!!! "

Seriously, who wants that? I don't want that. I'd call Bakugo over to blow up his ass from a safe distance. AP Shot would do the trick.

Deku and Bakugo fight some more, and it's more cathartic that one might expect. Bakugo is unhappy with subduing Midoriya, because someone who has All Might's power should be able to defeat him. Add that to Bakugo's guilt from his capture lead to All Might's final stand, and this is an episode to grow on. In the end, All Might fills Bakugo in on how Midoriya obtained One-For-All, and a window is opened -- ever so slightly -- that Bakugo might start seeing Deku as a worthy rival, as opposed to someone whom he felt lied and looked down on him.

Edited by Lantern7

Short story: villains are now emboldened by the end of All-Might, citizens not that confident in Endeavor, Class 1A is introduced to the concept of work-study programs, as well as the third year "Big Three" students . . . one of whom has old-school Billy Batson/Captain Marvel eyes, and pokes his face through walls and the ground in order to talk to an easily-startled Midoriya. Oh, and all of Class 1B pass the licensing exam. Do you think Monoma was insufferable about that? Well, does Todoroki shit flames and/or ice cubes?

ETA: Here's a story about a rescued kitten. She was found inside a pipe, and she sounded like a frog. Her new name: Froppy. No mention of MHA/BnHA, but I guess someone was a fan of Asui. 🐸

Edited by Lantern7

Was in Barnes & Noble and flipped through the most recent English volume of MHA.

Spoiler

With All Might retired and out of the running Endeavor is officially named the Number One Hero, and then promptly gets his ass handed to him by a villain. 😁

Has anyone seen the spinoffs, Vigilantes and Smash? Vigilantes is going into Aizawa's background, when he was still at UA with Present Mic and how he became a teacher. And Smash, I'm not sure exactly what that's about but a page was posted online. Midoriya knows Bakugou's habits to a creepy-stalker like extent and Bakugou likes Creepypasta.

Well, I found out why the anime was shoved into the back of the Toonami block. Turns out Saturday night's episode was the last one. The fourth season starts on October 12 over in Japan. It will probably be shown via subscription in the U.S., but I don't know when it'll come to Toonami. MHA will now be run at 4 a.m. (Dr. Stone got added), and it will start on "Shiketsu High Lurking."

As for the episode? The Big Three make their appearance, but the one making the biggest impression is Mirio Togata He's the blonde, simple-looking guy who demonstrates his Permeation Quirk by wiping the floor with eighteen Class 1-A students (Todoroki declines to participate because he didn't get a license, Bakugo is still under house arrest). And the guy looked cheerful as he gut-punched each and every student.

To me, Mirio is basically a few steps ahead of Midoriya. See, while Mirio was born with his Quirk, he couldn't make proper use of it. He solved that through the Might Guy School Of Hard Knocks. Basically, training until he became the best, even if he's rendered blind and deaf phasing into the ground. Or losing his outfit because he phases through it. Kitty Pryde never had those problems. And he thinks and strategizes all the time. I wonder if he mutters to himself like Midoriya.

Oh, and the villains are gearing up for the next season. Here's the dubbed trailer:

And here's an AMV merging MHA with Terry Crews' Old Spice commercials. (Here's a shorter version)

. . . and here's my first villain sketch, received at Liberty City Anime a few weeks ago.

Shigaraki.JPG.d3f3810f02bcdd07b0f7edbf51341e3a.JPG

Edited by Lantern7