Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Dallas City Qualifiers 2018.05.30

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

We see the runners going back and instinctively wanting to go further back. And they can't because the guys who designed this don't want multiple 10Ks going out each run. 

Or is it the first one up the wall each night's competition.  
Or will  Daniel Gill go up multiple times for multiple 10Ks?

I haven't heard of any caveats about the money.  I think they pay out when someone climbs the wall, I would hope so and that it is not a first come first served of the evening.  

I also don't know if Gil could rack up another $10,000 at the city finals.  Everyone making it to city finals would get two chances.(if they choose) because I can't see them putting a money wall in the middle of the Round One in Vegas.

These are the guys who spend weeks standing in line......................

I'd like to know exactly how that works.  Do they have food trucks nearby?  Port-a-potties?  Do they all sleep outdoors?  Is there a number system so they don't lose their place if they have to use said port-a-potty?  A lot of the cities have the set up in an urban area like downtown Indianapolis.  Where exactly are the lines?

I ordered the new book about ANW that just came out.  Maybe there will be an explanation of some of the stuff I'd like to know.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, mlp said:

I'd like to know exactly how that works.  Do they have food trucks nearby?  Port-a-potties?  Do they all sleep outdoors?  Is there a number system so they don't lose their place if they have to use said port-a-potty?  A lot of the cities have the set up in an urban area like downtown Indianapolis.  Where exactly are the lines?

I ordered the new book about ANW that just came out.  Maybe there will be an explanation of some of the stuff I'd like to know.

When you find out, let us know too.  ?

• Love 2
On 6/6/2018 at 7:18 PM, Destiny74 said:

I ordered the new book about ANW that just came out. 

Check with your local library.  Ours has it on order but it hasn't arrived yet.

The Amazon page to order it has views of three double pages.  The text there talks about discussions they had with TPTB about making the women's course easier, and how important is was when Kacey climbed the wall because THEN they could say to TPTB that women could run the same course.     That might be the reason that they've given Kacey so much air time this season, because of behind the scenes discussions in a board room.

• Love 1

My book came from Amazon today.  I haven't read much yet but it's very nicely done with pictures galore.  I'm looking forward to getting into it tomorrow.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:30 AM, Guest said:

Though aren't most people told to evacuate before major hurricanes?  

Not always.  Depends on the strength and size of the storm.  Something like Ike or Katrina, yeah, there will be evacuation calls.  Harvey went ashore south of Houston.  Rockport was evacuated.  Houston wasn't in the direct line of the storm, so, one, being on the dirty side, we got a lot of rain.  Two, it turned and came at us and we got a lot more rain.  Three, it passed by a third time and we got a LOT more rain.  By the time anyone realized how bad the rain was going to be, it was too late to evacuate anywhere as all the roads were under water.  50 inches in some places.  My house flooded for the first time ever.  It was crazy time.

I'm just catching up on the shows now as I moved out to the country (on a HILL!!  No more floods for me!!) and haven't figured out the tv thing yet.  I think we're mostly going to see the well known, top ninjas getting up that mega wall.  They've had a lot more practice, what with that skills show that NBC does sometimes.  Daniel Gil is one of my faves and as long as NBC doesn't get preachy with his stories, I don't care what he does in his home time.   I was hoping shrimp boot guy would get to do a wall.  I wanted to see how those boots did with that.

• Love 1

About the wall, the taller wall with the shorter approach:

Somewhere there's a scientist who specializes in the human body and it's muscles and what are optimal movements for certain muscle/bone sizes.

More complicated than x weight will cause a lever to privot, but similarly, certain leg lengths will work better with shorter approaches. Experience matters, but a really tall dude may lose a step and take off upwards on the wrong (for him) foot.