Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CindyBee

BiP Season 5: Speculation & Spoilers

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Fleiss tweeted this and has gotten 99.9% negative comments. 

 

 

3E829089-89A4-4BA6-9D49-D6991EE7310D.jpeg

Does this mean they’re going to “fire” Colton before he even gets started? Didn’t someone in this group say that last week Fleiss had a poll and only 11% of Bachelor Nation was behind Colton? Why not “listen” to Bachelor Nation then—BEFORE making Colton go on TV? But, I guess IF they switch now, it could be the Most Dramatic Casting and Recasting in Bachelor History.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Does this mean they’re going to “fire” Colton before he even gets started? Didn’t someone in this group say that last week Fleiss had a poll and only 11% of Bachelor Nation was behind Colton? Why not “listen” to Bachelor Nation then—BEFORE making Colton go on TV? But, I guess IF they switch now, it could be the Most Dramatic Casting and Recasting in Bachelor History.

It sounds more like "we hear you, but we'll do what we want anyway".

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

If Fleiss did pull Colton after trotting him on GMA this morning, I'd actually feel sorry for him.   But that would go away in 30 seconds.  

But I totally doubt he's going to do so.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The Kendall/Joe thing is scripted.  You could tell from his body language he’s not into her last night.  Sort of rigid hug.

However, I would demand his firing if he worked for me.  He’s used all his vacation time, damnit. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Reality Steve has more about Joe and DWTS in his latest blog. 

Basically at the reunion that taped last week, he and Kendall admit they are going to try to make their relationship work long distance so Uncle Chris Harrison steps in with an offer "how about staying in LA and doing DWTS".    Oh, Kendall was filmed in Chicago asking Joe for another chance after they break up in Paradise--guess the break up will the main focus of next monday night, along with the two engaugements.  That and Annaleise thinking she's getting a ring and Kamil passing on that.

DWTS is considered one of the best reality TV gigs so I don't blame Joe at all.  

 

She was on GMA this morning along with Bibiana, Wills, Wells, Carly & Evan, Jason & Molly, Tanner & Jade, Nick and a couple of others in some stupid relay.   She was on the Singles team.

And totally agree about DWTS    Staying to the end can be worth $250,000 and it is “ respectable”    

 

26 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

The Kendall/Joe thing is scripted.  You could tell from his body language he’s not into her last night.  Sort of rigid hug.

However, I would demand his firing if he worked for me.  He’s used all his vacation time, damnit. 

I think he is self employed.  As long as he has a good team, he can take the time off AND gain publicity/customers.

 

ETA. The DWTS gig comes with an apartment and a car for the duration.   Amazing for a guy who went home on the first night.   Shows being a nice/sane/adult guy can pay off.

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

The Kendall/Joe thing is scripted.  You could tell from his body language he’s not into her last night.  Sort of rigid hug.

However, I would demand his firing if he worked for me.  He’s used all his vacation time, damnit. 

Joe owns his business. He made his money in finance as a trader and opened his own store, apparently like some other family members. He has never answered any of the people on social media who have asked where his store is. These public appearances are not benefiting his business aside from the money he brings in. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, comosedice said:

Joe owns his business. He made his money in finance as a trader and opened his own store, apparently like some other family members. He has never answered any of the people on social media who have asked where his store is. These public appearances are not benefiting his business aside from the money he brings in. 

Good for him.  Makes me like him more!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, comosedice said:

Joe owns his business. He made his money in finance as a trader and opened his own store, apparently like some other family members. He has never answered any of the people on social media who have asked where his store is. These public appearances are not benefiting his business aside from the money he brings in. 

I wouldn't blame him even if his appearances did benefit his business.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 I wonder if Joe was the pick for Bachelor, but since he "found love"  on BiP, he passed on it.  (wisely, because he'd look like an asshole f he ditched Kendal for The Bach gig).  So Colton got it instead.   But they weren't going to let Joe just leave, so DWTS was offered instead.    

I don't know where Joe's store is, I'm guessing it's on the South side of the city, though, judging by his accent.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm very shocked that Colton got the gig .. I had a feeling Blake wouldn't but thought it would most likely be Jason . 

I know they think he's going to be the next Sean Lowe ... but he's not . He might have to propose to someone in the end but it'll never last . He's a famewhore , he's just smart about it . 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

DWTS should have picked Jordan.  Way more entertainment potential.  

My MVPs so far are Jordan for being so hilarious and Astrid for being an adult woman amongst a bunch of like, twits.

and yes Kendall, you are a twit, too.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I don't want Colton as Bachelor either. I saw it coming waay back when, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. He was the obvious choice aside from Joe. A good, clean, morally pure human being after all the a-holes and douche canoes we've had. Hate to say it (but I'm usually correct concerning these things unfortunately), but it should be a really interesting season.

It's not about the Bachelor or the Bachelorette. It's the harem. They get great harem members it'll be a good season. What if...?

Oh.

My.

God. (wish we could do emojis soooo bad right now!)

What. If. They. Pick. VIRGINS?

The Bachelor and his f4 are ALL VIRGINS.

Cheese and Crackers that would be interesting.

Either way it's not gonna be as dull as people assume because the lead is dull. It's not about the lead really, it's about the contestants. Good contestants, good season. 

We'll get the Ashley I-lashes "everything but" virgin, the virgin-virgin, the bossy virgin, and the closet ain't nobody's bidness virgin. 

Come on guys, it's gonna be a hot mess!!!!!! Definitely watchable.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Just found out about Joe and DWTS from reading your posts.  This is why I love this board-it's so educational!

Anyway, Joe got the way better prize.  I tend to end up liking most of the Bachelor/Bachelorette leads as their seasons go on (did like Becca for all of her season).  Joe will not be as "exposed" as Colton will be.  And I agree with others that DWTS is seen as a higher caliber reality show that actually does include celebrities of a certain caliber.  DWTS has also kick-started careers and revitalized others if the "stars" work hard and stay likable.  Go Joe.

Colton, on the other hand, may go the way of other leads of this franchise and alienate viewers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I saw a random post on Twitter that they offered it to Ben H and he turned it down so they last minute picked Colton. No idea if that’s true but At least Colton isn’t a retread. 

Share this post


Link to post

What am I reading?! Some people not quite sure of Grocery Joe on "DWTS"?

Oh,  you'll (female contingent) change your tunes,  haha,  when you catch GroJoe (tm LB) tripping the light fantastic while wearing a tux!

*looks for a Victorian fainting couch*

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

What am I reading?! Some people not quite sure of Grocery Joe on "DWTS"?

Oh,  you'll (female contingent) change your tunes,  haha,  when you catch GroJoe (tm LB) tripping the light fantastic while wearing a tux!

*looks for a Victorian fainting couch*

Can you imagine him doing the Jive or, as this is no longer a ballroom show, Jazz or Contemporary? Will he break character and start laughing in the middle of an emotional piece? I'm nervous about all of this but I still want to see him try and succeed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/4/2018 at 5:12 PM, hnygrl said:

I don't want Colton as Bachelor either. I saw it coming waay back when, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. He was the obvious choice aside from Joe. A good, clean, morally pure human being after all the a-holes and douche canoes we've had. Hate to say it (but I'm usually correct concerning these things unfortunately), but it should be a really interesting season.

It's not about the Bachelor or the Bachelorette. It's the harem. They get great harem members it'll be a good season. What if...?

Oh.

My.

God. (wish we could do emojis soooo bad right now!)

What. If. They. Pick. VIRGINS?

The Bachelor and his f4 are ALL VIRGINS.

Cheese and Crackers that would be interesting.

Either way it's not gonna be as dull as people assume because the lead is dull. It's not about the lead really, it's about the contestants. Good contestants, good season. 

We'll get the Ashley I-lashes "everything but" virgin, the virgin-virgin, the bossy virgin, and the closet ain't nobody's bidness virgin. 

Come on guys, it's gonna be a hot mess!!!!!! Definitely watchable.

Kenny was the obvious choice. I thought he left because he was getting ready to be the next bachelor. The “I have to see my daughter’s dance recital” excuse to leave wasn’t believable. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hnygrl said:

I'd rather have WILLS. I was hoping for a more...colorful for lack of a better word...Bachelor.

Wills would have been great for the fashion alone! Sharleen's blog would have been a so much fun had Wills gotten the gig.

I think, coming out of Becca's season, there was a good chose of non-white men they could have gone with...so of course they picked the whitest one they could. lol If they ever have a live action movie about food and need to cast white bread, Colton is their guy!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Wills would have been great for the fashion alone! Sharleen's blog would have been a so much fun had Wills gotten the gig.

I think, coming out of Becca's season, there was a good chose of non-white men they could have gone with...so of course they picked the whitest one they could. lol If they ever have a live action movie about food and need to cast white bread, Colton is their guy!

The majority of the US is still white. Even when whites become a minority, they will be the largest racial bloc in the US. For the vast majority of our country's history, 90% or more of the country has been white. It's OK to be white.

Ratings for the bachelorette plummeted when the bachelorette was black as well, so that's something to keep in mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, kelvins said:

It's OK to be white.

Whew! Good to know. I'm as pale as they come so I'm relieved to know it's okay. lol

My saying Colton was the "whitest" wasn't actually about race. It was about his being so lacking in anything. White as in white walls, a blank white sheet of paper, white bread. He's just blank. Devoid of excitement.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to need to see more evidence to conclude that those franchise-worst ratings were the result of the lead's skin color, as opposed to, say, her utterly boring (except when abrasive) and unpleasant personality.  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shades of Scarlet said:

I'm going to need to see more evidence to conclude that those franchise-worst ratings were the result of the lead's skin color, as opposed to, say, her utterly boring (except when abrasive) and unpleasant personality.  

I know that for me I didn't watch her season because of her utterly boring, yet annoyingly abrasive and completely unpleasant personality. I think I just don't like lawyers because Andi is the other one I skipped also for personality reasons, and the fact she looked like Angry Cat which was highly distracting. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shades of Scarlet said:

I'm going to need to see more evidence to conclude that those franchise-worst ratings were the result of the lead's skin color, as opposed to, say, her utterly boring (except when abrasive) and unpleasant personality.  

That was my take on it. Rachel was not super likable and neither were the men. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/8/2018 at 12:25 PM, Shades of Scarlet said:

I'm going to need to see more evidence to conclude that those franchise-worst ratings were the result of the lead's skin color, as opposed to, say, her utterly boring (except when abrasive) and unpleasant personality.  

Actually, according to this Becca's season is the lowest-rated. So far. This show has been slipping in viewership every year, race has nothing to do with it, boredom (IMO) does. And if anyone is looking for felons, Becca had a few to choose from. Still, the franchise obviously makes money so it will continue on regardless of what any of us think about it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, and Colton's will probably be lower than Beccas, and whoever is the next Bachelorette will be lower than Colton and so on. The show is circling the drain. I think it will take a long time before it goes completely down, but it is circling.

It has nothing to do with the individual leads (not Becca's fault, Rachel's, Colton's) it's that the show has gotten stale and unless they do something drastic, I don't see the ratings going up any time soon. 

Now, if the speculation about Colton being gay was true, and the show matched him with twenty some odd hot young men, that might bring in eyeballs just because it is something different. Of course it would also scare off the homophobes, so they won't ever take that risk, but it would be the most shocking season ever!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

If they want the ratings to go back up the answer is glaringly obviously simple.

 

Stop. Recycling.

Bring on brand new baby fresh meat. Someone no one's every heard of. Someone that will send us all rushing to social media to research him/her and we find exactly nothing.  If they had a brand new fresh meat regular guy with a regular (albeit well paying, these are whores after all) job, the ratings would  go through the roof. It's all this recycling that's killing the show. 

And bring back the budget. Let them leave 'merica SOONER!!!! MORE TRAVEL PORN!!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, hnygrl said:

And bring back the budget. Let them leave 'merica SOONER!!!! MORE TRAVEL PORN!!!!

THIS!!! It used to be worth it to suffer through a bad season to get to the travel porn. Beautiful locations, exciting dates. As annoying as all the "Bungee jumping is like a relationship..." analogies were, they were still better than date after date of some random musician I have never heard of playing some song I hope to never hear again while two boring people dance alone.

They need to create a buzz around the lead. Make it a mystery. Someone new. In the weeks leading up to the show drop hints. But it would also have to be someone people want to try to win, a guy with an impressive job, someone with a future outside of shilling shit on the internet, outside of Bachelor Nation. That was what the show was, originally, a bunch of women fighting for a man worth fighting for. Now it's just thirsty losers fighting over scraps.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

They need to create a buzz around the lead. Make it a mystery. Someone new. In the weeks leading up to the show drop hints. But it would also have to be someone people want to try to win, a guy with an impressive job, someone with a future outside of shilling shit on the internet, outside of Bachelor Nation. That was what the show was, originally, a bunch of women fighting for a man worth fighting for. Now it's just thirsty losers fighting over scraps.

I had to bold that part because it's so true.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Reality Steve's latest blog contains texts from Jenna to her boyfriend that is not Jordan.   Seems that she faking everything and just using this engagement for fame.   

Will be interesting to see which tabloids pick up the news.   I hate to see Jordan used like this but then no one forced him to go on this stupid show.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Holy cow, check out Reality Steve's latest column. Per "evidence" he seems to have acquired (text msgs, convos), he's alleging that Jenna is a fraud, is not at all into Jordan, etc. 

ETA: Ha, CindyBee, I see we both dashed over here to post. I'm assuming Jordan didn't know, by the way she talked about him.

Edited by adhoc
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, my gosh!     She did seem a bit off at times with him, but I thought it was the edit.    I hope Jordan can parlay his fame and good will into something fun or lucrative or both.     

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I do like the current Jordan but he is so different than Bachelorette Jordan I don't know who he really is. On BIP, he seems like a nice average guy who is smitten with a beautiful woman. On Becca's season, he seemed vain, silly, not remotely interested in women and like a producer plant. Is it possible Jenna and Jordan cooked something up together? No idea.

They need to change the show if it doesn't get cancelled. I don't threaten to leave the Bachelor or B'ette because I know I won't but my attention is seriously wandering this season. Get rid of the stupid requirement to get engaged, let them have more booze and give them stuff to do like trivia games, vollyball etc. Make them compete for date cards. If they take engagements off the table the crazy women (and occasionally) men will not have to worry about the expectations and can just have fun. I would like to see older people in general but if all they do is sit on the beach and stare, it will still be boring. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TiredMe said:

Poor Jordan. He honestly seemed completely into her. 

Yeah just reading some reactions on twitter from Bachelor nation that it seems like Jordan totally had no clue.   Sucks for him.

How she thought she would be able to get away with a public engagement while keeping her boyfriend(s) is beyond me.   Some people are just too stupid for words.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh.MY.GAWD

I really feel for Jordan.  Even if Steve couldn't get in touch with him, SOMEBODY Jordan knows has to read Reality Steve and has clued him in already.  Steve is pretty well known in the B'verse, so a friend or former contestant HAS to have reached out to him, right?

I'm going to be thinking such stabby things about Jenna the entire show. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I sort of feel betrayed.  I was rooting for them and I genuinely believed her when she said that loved him.    Jenna, you do NOT get to make me like Jordan and then break his heart.  I did not sign up for that narrative in August.  

ETA: Did anyone here follow Jordan on IG?  Did he ever have pics of them together from the show (like promo pics)?  I just took a look and there are no pictures of her on it.

Edited by LBS
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Yeah just reading some reactions on twitter from Bachelor nation that it seems like Jordan totally had no clue.   Sucks for him.

How she thought she would be able to get away with a public engagement while keeping her boyfriend(s) is beyond me.   Some people are just too stupid for words.

For me the worst part was she completely had me fooled that she was confused and apprehensive because she’s been hurt by so many guys before. So many women actually do deal with shitty guys and have trouble finding and maintaining healthy relationships, that the fact she would say that to manipulate Jordan shows her true character. There are a million ways she could have dealt with Jordan (assuming she wanted publicity and wasn’t looking for a relationship). I knew she wasn’t that bright, but this shows she just doesn’t care. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

And we thought KENDALL was gonna get the backlash?

Jenna's "business" could take a huge hit when this is made public, because it WILL go out across the Net, like the Corrine/Demario situation.  

Any idea what kind of business she has?  Jordan will probably be in high demand, so maybe he won't be too crushed and would rather have ther publicity.  No telling.  

Maybe Steve could get Jordan on his podcast.  Serious coup.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was just thinking the same thing, Leighdear, what about this "business" Jenna was running?    Will she even have 10 clients after the press runs with the news (and you know they will as they all lurk on his site).

And Steve's twitter feed is a dumpster fire right now.   Lots of "Its PHOTO SHOPPED" posts.  Come on, people, this is Reality Steve, he's not going to risk his very lucrative business on some made up texts.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I feel bad for Jordan, but to be honest, I thought it was ridiculous of him to propose to Jenna so quickly after she flip-flopped between him and Benoit. And while I find Jordan entertaining, I'm not convinced that his intentions were entirely pure and he didn't have an agenda of his own.

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

And Steve's twitter feed is a dumpster fire right now.   Lots of "Its PHOTO SHOPPED" posts.

I have to admit, it also crossed my mind that the texts may be photoshopped. They seem too eloquent and grammatically correct to come from Jenna.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I have to admit, it also crossed my mind that the texts may be photoshopped. They seem too eloquent and grammatically correct to come from Jenna.

Exactly!  Not to mention, it makes me wonder how Steve or anyone had copies of the texts (which I assume were private as opposed to group texts) unless Jenna or her alleged boyfriend sent them to him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Fable said:

Exactly!  Not to mention, it makes me wonder how Steve or anyone had copies of the texts (which I assume were private as opposed to group texts) unless Jenna or her alleged boyfriend sent them to him. 

RS said the alleged boyfriend sent him the screenshots and RS verified that the texts came from Jenna's number. But unless RS also has Jenna's number, I don't see how he'd be able to verify that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

As Cindy mentioned, Reality Steve is not going all in unless he's absolutely sure (See what I did there? *LOL*).  His entire reputation rests on getting this shit right.  He's screwed up a few things over the years, but I completely believe that he verified everything before blowing up Jenna's entire character with this. 

Steve can be rude, crude and egotistical, but I honestly don't believe he'd risk all the parties involved without 100% verification.  If you've listened to his podcasts, it's obvious these are real people to him, and he doesn't go out of his way to trash or slander them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size