Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Danger Island: Some Remarks on Cannibalism

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Cannibals. Because why not?!?

ETA: Lana has different parents, but the hilarity is still there. Noah returns to annoy Archer and Pam. Real talk: has there ever been a character played by David Cross that you didn't want to punch? The rest is a blur of idol-seeking, mixed with Archer referring to Pam as "Lenny," which . . . dude. No. Just . . . no. Oh, and this Cheryl has l33t tracking skills.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Pretty sure it is a reference to Lennie Small from the book "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck.

Just now, AnimeMania said:

Edited by AnimeMania
Spelling mistake that took a turn for the worse.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Man this season is just killing me with all the Pam/Archer goodies.

This episode was quite fun, I'm so weired out by Competent Cheryl.

Have no use for Lana or Cyril and Ray/Mallory were under used in this episode. 

This season really centers on Archer, Pam, and Crackers and I love it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I freaking love all the Pam and Archer stuff, with a side of Crackers. "I can guarantee that it will have neither of those things."

Poor monkey and its dead parent. Get vengeance, monkeys!

"I told you that in confidence!" was the catchphrase of the week.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Snookums said:

That monkey's vengeance shall encompass the finale!

I wonder if they are  going to have that baby monkey rip off the faces of those Nazis?

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TVSpectator said:
20 hours ago, Snookums said:

That monkey's vengeance shall encompass the finale!

I wonder if they are  going to have that baby monkey rip off the faces of those Nazis?

That monkey is definitely killing Cyril/Fuchs.

I like how this episode portrayed Princess Lana. Earlier episodes implied that she wanted to protect the idol, but here it was shown she is after it for selfish reasons. Just like real world, where Lana acts like she is above it all, but is just as bad as everyone else.

So there isn't a speculation thread so I'm just going to throw this out there Spoiler tagging just in case.

Spoiler

I think the idol is going to be the manifestation of Archer's memories including repressed memories of his father. So when he comes in contact with it, he will remember the real world and wake up knowing the identity of his father. Season 10, the final season, will be about Archer tracking him down. This fits with other characters motivations as well. Cyril/Fuchs wants the idol so he can have Lana for himself and Malory wants it  so she can have "Her Sterling" back right under her thumb. I could be reading too much into it of course.

• Love 4

ZoqFotPik, I hope you're right, if only because I want to see Archer back in the "real" world. I've enjoyed these two seasons of delirium (the artwork has been beautiful!), but except for Archer possibly dying while he's dreaming, there's no real peril or consequences to it all. 

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎31 at 8:01 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Man this season is just killing me with all the Pam/Archer goodies.

This is my second favourite Pam after Archer Vice coke fiend Pam. They are Brilliant together.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎30 at 11:15 PM, AnimeMania said:

Pretty sure it is a reference to Lennie Small from the book "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck.

Guaranteed. Far more clever than "Pam, you big, dumb idiot.", lol!

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎01 at 6:12 PM, ZoqFotPik said:

Season 10, the final season

That hasn't been confirmed, has it? I haven't looked into it but I think that would suck, if that's the case. :(

The little bit where Archer says to Pam that maybe they should open a detective agency and Pam gets excited about the idea makes me wish they would do a season based on Nick and Nora Charles and the Thin Man series with Archer as Nick and Pam as Nora.

• Love 4
On 6/8/2018 at 8:36 AM, TresGatos said:

The little bit where Archer says to Pam that maybe they should open a detective agency and Pam gets excited about the idea makes me wish they would do a season based on Nick and Nora Charles and the Thin Man series with Archer as Nick and Pam as Nora.

This may be my favorite post ever.  I would live for Sterling and Pam Charles!