Type keyword(s) to search

Reverie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 30/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, Clanstarling said:

I noticed the bedding too and thought it looked pretty strange. Up until reading your post, my take was that the dinner and sex were real, but the guy in the apartment was not. You may have convinced me that it was all an hallucination. I think it's too bad that the 'stache has sucked all of the appeal off of Sam Jaeger. I thought he was pretty hot in Parenthood, in an understated way.

I liked Pilar's story, myself. Especially that it wasn't about loving the guy, but saving the girls. And was very touched when one of them came to see her (though I was a bit miffed that they didn't find out - or say - anything about the other girls. But I was expecting too much, I guess.)

I'm intrigued about what former co-founder is doing.

I thought that the photos Pilar was shown at the end were of all girls and their families, not just the one who came to visit. 

• Love 2
On 8/9/2018 at 7:32 AM, AnimeMania said:

I don't blame Alexis for the death of her brother Dylan, I blame whoever designed the shed with a little door that is 10 feet off the the ground. Maybe it was a reproduction of an actual barn that has a hayloft? Anyway, why would the lock be on the outside and not inside of the shed.

I think it was a skylight that Dylan was trying to get to.

Personally I blame the parents who left two 11 year olds alone and unsupervised for who knows how long. 

Reverie Cancelled at NBC

Nightmarish news for Reverie fans: NBC has cancelled the Sarah Shahi-fronted virtual reality thriller after one season.

Reverie premiered at the end of May to 2.9 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, but spent most of its 10-episode freshman run in the 2 million/0.4 range. Among all of this summer’s scripted fare, it ranked fourth (behind Marlon, Shades of Blue and Elementary), while soundly beating the off season’s other big network drama, CBS’ Salvation.

Reverie starred Person of Interest alum Shahi as an ex-hostage negotiator and expert in human behavior who gets recruited by her former boss (24‘s Dennis Haysbert) to help rescue people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual reality system. The supporting cast included Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs), Jessica Lu (Awkward) and Kathryn Morris (Cold Case). Mickey Fisher (Extant) was the creator/EP.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Reverie Cancelled at NBC

Nightmarish news for Reverie fans: NBC has cancelled the Sarah Shahi-fronted virtual reality thriller after one season.

Reverie premiered at the end of May to 2.9 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, but spent most of its 10-episode freshman run in the 2 million/0.4 range. Among all of this summer’s scripted fare, it ranked fourth (behind Marlon, Shades of Blue and Elementary), while soundly beating the off season’s other big network drama, CBS’ Salvation.

Reverie starred Person of Interest alum Shahi as an ex-hostage negotiator and expert in human behavior who gets recruited by her former boss (24‘s Dennis Haysbert) to help rescue people who have lost themselves in a highly advanced virtual reality system. The supporting cast included Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs), Jessica Lu (Awkward) and Kathryn Morris (Cold Case). Mickey Fisher (Extant) was the creator/EP.

Expected as much.

9 minutes ago, Free said:

Expected as much.

So did I.  Although I love Sarah Shahi and watched the show because of her, it was a terribly produced show.  Boring and repetitious and not even adding the typical Government abuse of technology plot nor the vindictive ex-boyfriend of Alexis helped.  The show sort of petered out with a lack of direction. The same thing happened with "Extant".

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

So did I.  Although I love Sarah Shahi and watched the show because of her, it was a terribly produced show.  Boring and repetitious and not even adding the typical Government abuse of technology plot nor the vindictive ex-boyfriend of Alexis helped.  The show sort of petered out with a lack of direction. The same thing happened with "Extant".

Agreed, these kinds of shows don't last too long.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, Jacks-Son said:
On 11/6/2018 at 4:46 PM, Free said:

Expected as much.

In complete agreement.  Here is hoping for a great, new part for Sarah Shahi in the not too distant future.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Netfoot said:

In complete agreement.  Here is hoping for a great, new part for Sarah Shahi in the not too distant future.

Yep. I've got to have my Shaw fix.  Preferably with Root watching her back.