Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Hilton Head-Ache 2018.05.31

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

They weren't mean to her, but they were doing that thing that some young women do, and it is very subtle, but they leave the outsider out.  Glances, smirks, smiles and laughs - all to keep those bitches IN and Ashley out.  To the naked eye, they were accommodating, and kind, but for people who have been there (both sides unfortunately), it is GLARING.  Chelsea was a bit kinder than the others, but they made Ashley feel like an outsider.

The horse riding - they keep saying, oh, I just want to run.  With the unspoken "we could if SHE wasn't here..." 

I am not pro-Ashley or Kathryn (I am anti-Danni).  But those women were under-current VICIOUS.  I mean, Ashley is also crazy, but they were not being nice.

Thank you for articulating this perfectly. 

Chelsea encouraging Ashley during the horse riding actually made me like her. Before that, I was meh about Chelsea. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
Replaced "her" with Chelsea. It wasn't clear that I meant Chelsea and not Crazy Ashley
  • Love 9

I can understand wanting to go faster than a walk. I used to ride trails out west, and it doesn't get much better than racing up the hills with your friends.

Imagine being on your brand new racing bike, and one of the kids there, who is a pain in the ass and doesn't like to ride in the first place, has training wheels. You have to slow your roll for that kid. No fun.

Ashley should have politely--and I know this is a stretch for her--declined. She clearly didn't want to be there, anyway. Why did she go, again?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

They weren't mean to her, but they were doing that thing that some young women do, and it is very subtle, but they leave the outsider out.

Did they treat her as an "outsider" from the beginning?  I think they tried to be a friendly because she was with Thomas (and they're on TV), but she's such a Queen Bee that many found it difficult.  She's so over-the-top it's hard to believe she truly believes she will marry Thomas and be a doyen in the top level of Charleston societah.  She's simply a Pretty Woman--without any manners or likeability.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

It's no secret that I despise Thomas. So, I have a bit of a conspiracy theory regarding this whole Thomas/Ashley Kathryn plot point:

I think Thomas was using Ashley to try to provoke a reaction from Kathryn so that he could use the video in court. I think the ranting Ashley did about Kathryn's parenting came directly from Thomas - which is probably why he never tried to shut here down. Because if he had tried, Ashley could say something like, "but that's what you told me" and Thomas didn't want that to happen. My theory is that Thomas was aware that Kathryn was successfully completing the court appointed parenting plan at the time of filming. He also knew that the season would be airing when the completion date was met. Once Kathryn successfully completes the plan, which apparently happened this week, she can go back to court to have them revisit the custody issue. 

So, I think that Thomas auditioned for a girlfriend that he could then pit against Kathryn in the hopes of provoking her into making an ass of herself on television and when the first one fell through, he settled on Ashley. I also think he will keep Ashley around for as long as she is useful to him when it comes to provoking the other women in his life, and while he works through the sexual assault allegations. 

The beauty of this theory is, that if it is true, his plan seems to be backfiring on him. First, Kathryn has successfully completed the plan, including passing all of the drug tests that Thomas was able to randomly demand, and will be going back to court to revisit their custody agreement soon. Second, this season has been a Thomas/Ashley shit show and is only reinforcing what horrible man he is. Third, the sexual assault allegations are really hurting his reputation -w which I honestly didn't think could get any worse.

Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory based on nothing more than the internet and my disdain for Thomas. 

I mentioned the same thing in a post last night, only not in as much detail!  I agree with you 100%!!!  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

bravo-logo.gif

I have to say that I thought that pretty much the entirety of Ashley's performance in this episode was just that.  A performance.  I'm not saying that she doesn't have organic nutbarn issues, and I'm certainly not saying that she is an accomplished actress, but I really felt that she was acting throughout this whole episode.  

If true it is unconscionable  for Ashley and also for Whitney as a producer to have put Katherine's sobriety and her chance of more custody with her children in jeopardy.

I blame Whitney he could have been nipped it in the bud, a word to Thomas and to Ashley, and the head of production for that episode.

Not a fan of Patricia's entitled ethically questionable son. She raised him so it's on her.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree about Chelsea, but, I'm not so sure about Naomi.  I'd be interested to see her with a guy that is unlike Craig. Some people are just malcontents.  They cannot be happy, because, that's who they are. They enjoy being dissatisfied, but, I'm not sure if Naomi is there yet. I'd like to see her with a more promising partner. 

I agree. I feel like the women on this show take a far harder beating then the guys. Sure the guys are easy-going and laid back and thus apparently less to blame in the relationship breakups. But they're also a group of aimless, gormless, dude-bros who bring nothing but their "charm" to the relationship (and yes I'm totally generalizing). Shep's almost 40 and does what exactly? Austen is going to invent a beer? Craig? Don't get me started on Craig. I'm totally with Naomie on that one. He'd drive me batty. And for all that she is sarcastic with him, I thought he was incredibly nasty to and about her last season, often intentionally slamming her in front of others. 

I would like it if Naomie stopped engaging with Craig as much as she is, but this is reality tv and that's what they all do, otherwise all we'd have would be a few boat rides and drinking.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I wish Shep would have simply walked away when she started demanding he get her a shot.  Nope, there is no way I would have done shit for her.

It was funny seeing her taken aback (a bit) when Shep asked HER to get him a beer.  There was a slight hesitation before she agreed.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

bravo-logo.gif

I have to say that I thought that pretty much the entirety of Ashley's performance in this episode was just that.  A performance.  I'm not saying that she doesn't have organic nutbarn issues, and I'm certainly not saying that she is an accomplished actress, but I really felt that she was acting throughout this whole episode.  

If true it is unconscionable  for Ashley and also for Whitney as a producer to have put Katherine's sobriety and her chance of more custody with her children in jeopardy.

I blame Whitney because he could have been nipped it in the bud, a word to Thomas and to Ashley, and the head of production for that episode.

Not a fan of Patricia's entitled ethically questionable son. She raised him so it's on her.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Hell, I couldn't stand her the very first episode when she was playing nice.

She dug her grave for me the first time she demonstrated just crooking/wiggling her finger to Thomas before even meeting him!   Yeah, she saw him on TV; she knows he has money and any woman with him is an instant Bravolebrity.   Gold-digging opportunist from the get-go.   I wonder if she beats the marriage drum with every monied guy she dates.  Marry me.  Marry me.  Marry me.   EXHAUSTING!

Edited by Former Nun
apparently I can't spell "woman"
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

that thing that some young women do, and it is very subtle, but they leave the outsider out.  Glances, smirks, smiles and laughs - all to keep those bitches IN and Ashley out.  To the naked eye, they were accommodating, and kind, but for people who have been there (both sides unfortunately), it is GLARING.  Chelsea was a bit kinder than the others, but they made Ashley feel like an outsider.

I think they were assholes to Peyton but she has disappeared. Until she got up in Kathryn’s face about the children when did any of the women not be nice to her? 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Sai said:

But they weren't "going at it".  The nut job was spewing all kinds of crap at Kathryn and Kathryn was being mostly quiet.  The blonde chick jumping into it is what you call sticking up for your friend when they are being unreasonably attacked.  Sticking up for ANYONE when a nutjob goes after them like that.  And guess what.  I curse.  Doesn't mean I do it on front of my kids because I don't but if some screwball was coming after me like that I would have been cursing a lot more than Kathryn was.

This comment is on Page 1.  I quoted it only because when I gave it a "like," I was No. 70.  SEVENTY!  Great comments, Sai.  We stick up for our friends; we stick up for the underdog.  Some of the things Ashley said are probably grounds for a lawsuit.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Kathryn should have gotten up from the table and walked away because you can't argue with a nutjob.

Ashley's the type who would have followed her...as close as possible...and ranted more and LOUDER!

15 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ashley is batshit crazy.

...and a NURSE!

• Love 13

Out of the men, only Thomas dressed for dinner.  Whitney, of course, is fitted out like a Fonzie wannabe and the rest barely located a clean hoodie.  The women were in cocktail dresses!  They all looked fab, though Kathyrn does not have the figure for leather pants.

I agree Chelsea is kind.  I loved her brandishing the fist.  And she is lovely.  Her earrings at dinner were so cute!  Shep, Craig, all those guys are like shipboard romances.  No good on shore, in real life.  Waste of time and youth to fool with them.

These rich folks, with their horses and boats and private chefs.  Ain’t that the life?

• Love 16

Regardless of anything Kathryn does, it's not Ashley's place to say.

Just like it isn't Kathryn's place to tell Ashley anything about what she is doing that Kathryn doesn't like.

But I give props to Kathryn:

She seems to be staying sober and sticking to her guidelines

She seems to be under her therapist's care, and likely on her prescription meds, which is helping her to control her temper.   Everyone last night brought up how well controlled she was, and even Thomas noticed.

She seems to be enjoying being part of a girlfriend group, and she's not doing or saying anything underhanded, or to undermine, any of the girls.

If Ashley was smart, she'd be embracing all these girls, embracing Kathryn, sharing cute things about Kathryn's kids.   Oh, and encouraging Thomas to......be Thomas.  Encourage him to join his friends when they went crabbing/fishing, join his friends for drinks on the patio, join his friends out at a bar.  

Ashley is keeping such a tight leash, and it's apparent he's about to choke.

Oh, and the orange nail polish?  And she's the boss?  Yikes.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Ashley's the type who would have followed her...as close as possible...and ranted more and LOUDER!

...and a NURSE!

Nurse Ratched II

Nurse_Ratched.jpg

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I too hated Chelsea's reaction.  She was clearly intimidated at the least, and frightened at the most.  If free 'n easy Chelsea didn't have the stomach to put him in his place, someone who does should have.

Yea, like her night in shining armour Austen or big mouth Naomi or save the world Craig.  These people suck. 

• Love 6

I recently re-watched season 1 and have never been a huge Katherine fan, but seeing how far she has come from that girl and the effort she is now making is positive. 

Seeing Ashley trying to latch on to Thomas by spouting things she has no business saying and doesn't actually know anything about is disgusting. I had to stop watching. She can support Thomas without resorting to that. She's been in those kids' lives a year and knows nothing about the custody arrangement. 

I don't think anyone is calling Katherine a saint but Ashley doesn't even have common decency.  Those women were pleasant to her on the trip. Katherine had a pleasant lunch with her, But one birthday party Katherine thought would be awkward (after she declined a Halloween invite as too soon) and Ashley went off the rails.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 8:29 PM, nexxie said:

Ashley is batshit crazy.

I read somewhere that Thomas is paying her to be his girlfriend on the show.  Either she is batshit crazy or she's one helluv an actress.  The jury is out for me right now...I need to more about the idea of Thomas hiring her.   I wouldn't put it past either of them.

As to some of the points that came up....I do agree Kathryn needs to take some responsibility for getting knocked up - twice - but so does Thomas.    Both seem to have done this and are aware and respectful of their roles in now having two children together "accidentally".  They know they messed up and neither seems to me to expect much in return other than being good parents.

And regardless of how they landed in their predicament, they are there now and respect for their situation is called for because a) children are involved and b)they are making an effort to make it work.    And, let's also toss in the fact that Kathryn and Thomas are "in the group" and have history with castmates.  There is a thing called loyalty.  And also forgiveness.  As Kathryn noted, these women wouldn't give her the time of day when she was strung out but now that she's making strides, they are there for her.  

The notion that people are holding Kathryn up as a saint is ludicrous and it misses just about every point possible and doesn't for a second factor in normal human emotions.

This chick is bad news. Naturally or as an actress. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14
(edited)

I don't think Chelsea is really attracted to Austen. She enjoys his company, but I don't think Austen is really her type. It sounds like she likes a more macho guy. I believe her ex-fiancée was a ball player.  Austen is not that--never will be. I think she was looking for Austen to fight with Shep so that she could see his caveman brute side. It didn't happen. I'm sure the fact that Austen didn't even stand up to Thomas didn't help. He basically left her feeling unsafe. She cowered, and Austen basically did nothing. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 9

Charmers,

As always, let's remember we are here to snark the show, not each other.  Some posts have been hidden that crossed the line.

We can disagree on who's the worst, the least worst (it can be hard to find a best sometime) or the one you want to snuggle with (TRav is available for snuggling! I feel your skin crawling from here).  

What we cannot do is snark our fellow posters.  You can:

• Use the ignore feature
  • Look away without ignoring
  • Mutter to yourself
  • Roll your eyes so hard you strain them

You cannot be uncivil toward fellow posters.  Agree to disagree or simply disagree, but do it politely when speaking to your fellow posters.  Most of you do this quite well.  Let's keep that going. 

Thanks! 

• Love 12

I hadnt thought about tr (Im using lower case letter for that asstwat because any man that has to yell violently to intimidate a female should be fired on the spot and taken to court) hiring a fake gf to try to get Katherine to ruin her custody arrangement but I can totally see that disgusting creep doing that, and just imagining it possible is bad enough. What makes be sickened is that none of the guys tried to step in and diffuse the situation, NONE of them. They're all fucking pussies! Craig's lame ass "I didn't know or I would have come and saved the day" is bullshit, and his life coach only feeds into and reinforces his useless life demeanor. I cant stand him or Naomi at this point. I'm also beyond disgusted with Patricia, who always seems to be riding the edge of "finally someone is going to take them to task for their ill behaviors" but then she always backs down - like the "why are men not marrying anymore" and when she heard tr's answer, she should have told him that was a misogynistic and disgusting answer, and gotten up and left the table, all while telling him he's no longer welcome in her home. NObody cuts off this asshole, which makes me wonder why that is? Shep complains about how much he hates ASSley, yet he does her bidding for her, gets what she wants, and sort of semi consoles them after the blow up. They ALL should have shunned that bitch and kicked both of them out of that house. In fact, they should have quietly gotten on the ferry and left those two assholes wherever they were for the night. And if they refused to leave the house that night, production should have been called in due to tr's violent outburst to Chelsea. That alone should have been enough to kick them out and then refuse to film with them ever again. But no, these are all famewhores who wont stand up against production or the almighty dollar so why should we be upset on their behalf anyway?

Re: Chelsea and Austin, I think ultimately she loves him, is attracted to him, and would like a more serious relationship with him but he still acts like a boy/guy/dude, and she wants him to be a man. She wants him to have a career/real job, she wants him to stand up to/for people, she wants a man and Austin's not grown up yet.

I could go on and on about this but I'll stop there.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think the ranting Ashley did about Kathryn's parenting came directly from Thomas -

Totally agree - she has no first-hand knowledge of Kathryn's interaction with her children.   

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I mentioned the same thing in a post last night, only not in as much detail!  I agree with you 100%!!!  

Makes perfect sense to me.  I hope this shitbag goes straight to jail, the kids go back to Kathryn.  And then it's Tom-ASS getting the weekend visits - IN PRISON.

• Love 10
(edited)

As to some of the points that came up....I do agree Kathryn needs to take some responsibility for getting knocked up - twice - but so does Thomas.    Both seem to have done this and are aware and respectful of their roles in now having two children together "accidentally". 

I don't believe that either of the pregnancies were accidental. Thomas was a 50+ year old poonhound who managed to womanize for 30+ years without ever getting anyone pregnant (as far as we know). Kathryn was a 21 year old party girl with a party girl life style. Both were well aware of how to prevent pregnancy. Thomas wanted a brood mare from a good blood line, and Kathryn wanted to be married to Thomas. So I think they both knew they what they were doing when Thomas got Kathryn pregnant in both instances. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't believe that either of the pregnancies were accidental. Thomas was a 50+ year old poonhound who managed to womanize for 30+ years without ever getting anyone pregnant (as far as we know). Kathryn was a 21 year old party girl with a party girl life style. Both were well aware of how to prevent pregnancy. Thomas wanted a brood mare from a good blood line, and Kathryn wanted to be married to Thomas. So I think they both knew they what they were doing when Thomas got Kathryn pregnant in both instances. 

I agree. Also remember what Thomas' storyline was at that time. He was using Southern Charm to serve as a launching off point for his Senate campaign. Several times during the first season, Whitney, his political adviser and others talked about how he needed to project an image of stability and therefore he should settle down. Because he is TRash, his version was find a descendant from another "old" SC family and latch on to her as quickly as possible to exploit it for the campaign. The entire season 1 "will he or won't he" with Katheryn was Thomas saying things like "I need to decide if she's the one or if I move on to someone who would make a better wife". Thomas was trying to get his Senate presser photo filled out in one shot, and if she hadn't been such a hot mess, he would have married her immediately to seal the deal. 

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think everyone on here knows that I'm not a fan of Motherboy aka Whitless aka Whitney and Drunkie-O. They both have been holding this grudge against Kathryn for urkelling the show away from Whitless. I think the spinoffs have helped Whitless gain some perspective about what types of things people find entertaining or not entertaining--on the not side, middle aged douches treating the women around them like garbage. Whitney sitting next to Kathryn resisting the urge to call Kathryn a trashy hillbilly was a huge step for him.

That said, I still don't like either of them because they are unrepentant snobs and have yet to frankly admit that Thomas is a malignant entitled penis monster whose fundamental nastiness is barely contained by white jeans, a family name, a half decent liberal arts education, and money.

Thomas is so repulsive that he activates my lizard brain's fight or flight responses. He's so awful that I'm always surprised that the cast doesn't break out in sweats, hives, a fever, or convulsions as their immune systems overreact to his toxicity. Look at Ashley. I don't even like her, but there is no reason she should be flipping out like that unless she's actually certifiable and/or Thomas has been riling her up behind the scenes. And her recent dramatic weight loss makes me lean in the direction that Thomas has been fucking with her head. 

I wish I'd said that.  Is "Drunkie-O" Patricia?  If so, I'm not a fan either and it's good to know I have company.  I think she's fake, phony and pretentious.  Is she even really considered Charleston society?  She's certainly not Old Guard and in the South that does mean something.  

• Love 8

Just finished viewing number 2 and caught something I missed last night.  So, Ashley sat there making catty comments and bitching about having to wait for the dinner that she neither caught, nor bought (HAHA), nor cooked.  She is just something else.

• Love 17

My take on the situation, especially, in light of this episode is that one of these things is happening:

Either:

Ashley has been hired to play a role (even if she really is in a relationship with Thomas). And so she knows what is expected of her, as does Thomas AND the other cast members. This includes Kathryn and she and Thomas have signed waivers that they participating in a factitious enactments for a tv show and that it's not real and they will not use it against once another for any purpose, as it affords both of them income (their custody attorneys would have viewed the waivers and approved them) OR

Thomas has lost his mind, he is TOTALLY disregarding his attorneys advice by standing by for this display regarding the children and his new girlfriend with Kathryn, he has jumped the rails so bad, that can't think clearly.  And soon, his attorneys will either withdraw from his case, because he won't listen or they'll have him enter a rehab of some sort to address whatever the hell is wrong with him.  

Sometimes, clients go rogue and end up being their own worst enemy.  I'm actually hoping that Ashley is a plant. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I wish I'd said that.  Is "Drunkie-O" Patricia?  If so, I'm not a fan either and it's good to know I have company.  I think she's fake, phony and pretentious.  Is she even really considered Charleston society?  She's certainly not Old Guard and in the South that does mean something.  

Drunkie O is absolutely Patricia. I wasn't sure if that moniker was something we brought with us from TWoP or if someone here came up with it. SC premiered in March 2014. TWoP closed April 2014. @mbaywife123 was the first person I recall using the Drunkie-O nickname.

I think she's considered part of Charleston society just because she has money and some connections. However, I don't think anyone who is a major player in Charleston would consider her an arbiter of what does and doesn't fly there because Patricia's basically a carpetbagger. She's spent most  of her life in and around Washington D.C. and NYC. She's only been in Charleston for a decade.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

That said, I still don't like either of them because they are unrepentant snobs and have yet to frankly admit that Thomas is a malignant entitled penis monster whose fundamental nastiness is barely contained by white jeans, a family name, a half decent liberal arts education, and money.

Thomas is so repulsive that he activates my lizard brain's fight or flight responses. He's so awful that I'm always surprised that the cast doesn't break out in sweats, hives, a fever, or convulsions as their immune systems overreact to his toxicity. Look at Ashley. I don't even like her, but there is no reason she should be flipping out like that unless she's actually certifiable and/or Thomas has been riling her up behind the scenes. And her recent dramatic weight loss makes me lean in the direction that Thomas has been fucking with her head. 

A-fucking-men.

I do like seeing the women finally rally behind and support Kathryn, because I think regardless of Kathryn's fairly glaring faults it was always a very gross and frankly misogynistic (internalized, in the case of the women) to issue Thomas free pass after free pass after free pass and often explicitly call Kathryn a gold-digging whore who trapped Thomas. But...focusing on Ashley also isn't the thing to do here, because her flashy hair-flipping hostility is a perfect cover for the actual evil here. I'm not comfortable with how everyone is happily telling Ashley to STFU and go home and largely tolerating and ignoring the big, drunk, screaming at women elephant in the room. 

I also 100% agree with @MatildaMoody and her conspiracy theory. Thomas is both a schemer and a moron, so I think he's using Ashley as a human shield to provoke Kathryn into more iconic screaming meltdowns and looking unhinged on TV. Honestly? He might be also goading Ashley in the hopes that the two come to physical blows and Kathryn's arrested for assault. That way he can just blame his crazy girlfriend and wash his hands of it. It's pretty obvious that Thomas doesn't consider women as actual people, and honestly I'm not sure he views his own kids as people either. He certainly isn't considering their emotional well-being -- I think this whole custody and co-parenting thing is just something he wants to win at, he doesn't give a shit about any of the players except himself.

True justice would be seeing him in prison again - I personally believe the allegations, and that there are many more to come - but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Ashley has done something I thought would never be possible.....make me take Katherine's side.

I have been pretty harsh on Kathryn in seasons past but she SEEMS like she is getting her life together.  I was 100% on her side this episode.  Frankly I could not have kept my cool.  I also think her friends were appropriately supporting her when Ashley was going after her.  Chelsea said it best, she ain't right.  It felt to me she was doing a typical sociopath maneuver of setting she and Thomas apart from everyone else.  Its you and me against the world, talking about how they are both crazy (or something like that), alienating his friends, creating a worse narrative about Kathryn than what is true and pretending she knows all that happened and no one else has the real story. Creating a rift between she and Thomas and everyone else.  She reminds me of the person in my life that abused my father but forged his signature on papers to make it so we had to ask her permission to see our dad or go into our family home and had zero recourse to help him because of this false narrative she had been creating for a long time (we didn't live in the same town).  I am seeing many danger signs.

Ashley is a GF and needs to know her place.  She also needs to not threaten things such as she can make it hard for Kathryn to see her kids.  Both Ashley and Thomas need to be off the show.  I think it could survive just fine without them.  And speaking of Thomas!  The way he spoke to Chelsea was awful, scary, uncalled for, and off the hinge.  The fact no one except Austin told him to knock it off astounds me.  Again, I would not have taken that abuse from him.   I also would have not stayed in the house with them.  I believe every one of those stories about Thomas and think that if it were not for these accusations, Ashley may have already been on a plane back to CA.  Please keep her in SC.  CA doesn't want her back.

• Love 15

Ashley is a wackoo. Maybe she's acting, maybe not. Whatever, even when they came home off the ferry TRav choose to sit outside on the deck with Kathryn and Danni and left Ashley alone in the house. TRav actually looked turned on by Kathryn's calmness. He's obsessed with Kathryn but Kathryn is over him. She got herself some good therapy and help and it shows.

Craig cannot even pack enough clothes for a two-day trip? That's probably because all of his clothes were dirty, or wet in the washing machine for the second day in a row when the Bravo van came to pick him up. 

Shep's face said it all when Ashley was holding court over him and TRav. 

Chelsea just meekly cowering in her seat while barely able to choke out a timid "okay" was almost as disturbing to me as the fact that not one of the male cast members assertively told Thomas it's unacceptable to openly attempt to intimidate women. 

Chelsea is tough but not stupid. I would never interpret her reaction as meek or cowering. I too would zone out with that loser screaming at me. And besides, we all know there are cameramen and lighting guys standing there to protect her. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

They weren't mean to her, but they were doing that thing that some young women do, and it is very subtle, but they leave the outsider out.  Glances, smirks, smiles and laughs - all to keep those bitches IN and Ashley out.  To the naked eye, they were accommodating, and kind, but for people who have been there (both sides unfortunately), it is GLARING.  Chelsea was a bit kinder than the others, but they made Ashley feel like an outsider.

The horse riding - they keep saying, oh, I just want to run.  With the unspoken "we could if SHE wasn't here..." 

I am not pro-Ashley or Kathryn (I am anti-Danni).  But those women were under-current VICIOUS.  I mean, Ashley is also crazy, but they were not being nice.

Yep - they were super passive-aggressive.  As soon as the four of them got in the car, they mentioned it would be them plus Ashley.

I am not sure why Chelsie is playing with Austen except just to string him along. She definitely has said she has a type and it seems to be redneck. (I'm not knocking that, btw. I know of some bright, successful educated women who wanted a "man's man."  She even made the comment to him that he looked pretty good fishing - just needed to wear some camo and have dip in his mouth. She wants more of an alpha male (remember it seemed like she wanted Shep and Austen to get in a fight over her).  So leave Austen alone if he's not your type.

• Love 6

Ashley has a swimsuit picture on her Instagram. She looks seriously underweight. Either she has a drug habit now or she is seriously stressed and not eating. Probably having a breakdown over not having a ring yet and Thomas's sexual assault charges.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Totally agree - she has no first-hand knowledge of Kathryn's interaction with her children.   

Makes perfect sense to me.  I hope this shitbag goes straight to jail, the kids go back to Kathryn.  And then it's Tom-ASS getting the weekend visits - IN PRISON.

I'm on the fence with the custody thing, because I don't know if Kathryn is stable enough or mature enough to take care of those two kids full time,  plus, she seems very detached emotionally from them - it's almost like she's afraid to do anything because she doesn't know what to do - no innate maternal instincts there.  I don't necessarily think that Thomas having primary/full time custody is a good thing for the kids, either, but he has the means to hire full time nannies to hopefully give them some semblance of balance, normalcy and some love.  (A shame, but it's the best situation, unless a family member can step in) 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, njbchlover said:
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I'm on the fence with the custody thing, because I don't know if Kathryn is stable enough or mature enough to take care of those two kids full time,  plus, she seems very detached emotionally from them - it's almost like she's afraid to do anything because she doesn't know what to do - no innate maternal instincts there.  I don't necessarily think that Thomas having primary/full time custody is a good thing for the kids, either, but he has the means to hire full time nannies to hopefully give them some semblance of balance, normalcy and some love.  (A shame, but it's the best situation, unless a family member can step in) 

I mean, we have no first-hand knowledge of her parenting skills either, sober and off-camera. We also don't know what Kathryn's safety net and support network looks like -- her own immediate family has never participated in filming that I remember, but that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't perfectly lovely grandparents and other family members to provide some childcare and extra hands as needed. Also, considering one of the people accusing Thomas is a former nanny...even a loving and competent professional isn't going to help those kids out if their environment is chaotic and their only anchor is being abused and intimidated by their father. 

Kathryn should probably remain patient to see how the Thomas stuff shakes out, and turn to family court instead of mediation. 

As kind of an aside, I can't imagine how Kathryn remained more or less composed...not only the level of vitriol coming at her, but surrounded by alcohol and watching her abomination of an ex completely wasted and screaming at women. The amount of triggers in that scene was insane. It's good that she has to get tested for drugs and alcohol regularly. It'd be real nice if he had to get randomly tested for drugs and alcohol too.

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm on the fence with the custody thing, because I don't know if Kathryn is stable enough or mature enough to take care of those two kids full time,  plus, she seems very detached emotionally from them - it's almost like she's afraid to do anything because she doesn't know what to do - no innate maternal instincts there.

No one knows what to do the first time around.  Kathryn’s issue is that if any detail is viewed the wrong way, she gets in trouble again with the courts.  That would make anyone feel like they are walking on eggshells.

Remember that TRash is looking for Kathryn to mess up.  Anything at all.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I haven't heard this phrase in ages and it made me laugh out loud!

1 hour ago, mjstrick said:

Just finished viewing number 2 and caught something I missed last night.  So, Ashley sat there making catty comments and bitching about having to wait for the dinner that she neither caught, nor bought (HAHA), nor cooked.  She is just something else.

I noticed that.  Chick has no manners, doesn't know how to read a room, is entitled, and doesn't seem to know appropriate group behavior.  

• Love 13
(edited)

Does anyone else think T-Rav seems to be wishing he were with Kathryn but kind of holds the peace in “mixed company” by backing Ashley? But when it’s just the two of them he has actually TOLD Ashley he’d be with Kathryn if they could get along and he’s constantly invoking Kathryn’s name in a positive way in front of Ashley. But then he also seems to try to get as much alone time with Kathryn as possible and seems very cordial and supportive of her—such as last night being with Kathryn on the balcony instead of inside with Ashley, who was yelling at poor CHELSIE. Also as soon as he arrived at the house last episode he ditched complaining Ashley in the kitchen to show Kathryn their room. Not to mention he was drooling over Kathryn in those leather pants like a starving cartoon character picturing her like a roasted turkey—causing Ashley to have another meltdown that she was in ass view. I think he also floated the idea to Kathryn at their dinner last week asking whether she wanted to get back together.  The ironic part is that T-Rav and Kathryn DO seem to be getting along just fine for the sake of their kids and Ashley is causing just as much drama as Kathryn used to. Since we all have conspiracy theories, lol, mine is that T-Rav really wants Kathryn back but knows she’ll never take him back so he’s keeping Ashley around 1) to distract himself in attempt to force himself to get over Kathryn with someone who REALLY wants to be with him and 2) to show Kathryn he’s capable of a long term, stable relationship for if/when she changes her mind. I think if Kathryn said, I’m ready and capable of settling down as a family now, let’s have baby number 3, well {9 months later} everyone meet Duchess Marmalade or whatever crazy name they’d come up with next.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 10