Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: You Can't Handle Chartreuse 2018.06.02

How much money did she really save using the googly eyes instead of real buttons?

Yeah, particularly since she came in over 200 dollars under budget.  I appreciated what she could do with the budget she had, but it seemed like an odd choice to make when there was a lot of money left on the table. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Yeah, particularly since she came in over 200 dollars under budget.  I appreciated what she could do with the budget she had, but it seemed like an odd choice to make when there was a lot of money left on the table. 

I felt like the whole googly-eyes-for-buttons thing was something she had to check off her TS must-do designer checklist:  paint color reveal, check.  Have the homeowners make some kind of art project, check.  Give some tasks to and banter with your carpenter, check.  Repurpose something, preferably something cheap into something that doesn't look cheap, check.  Reminds me of those "Next Design Star" and "Food Network Star" shows where the contestants had to give design or cooking tips to viewers as part of the task.  

Because, like you said, with $200 left, who couldn't afford buttons?

I quite liked Kahi’s room, though I wish she’d spent the remainder of her budget on a console table. I wasn’t impressed by the one that the carpenter (forget his name) made. It made me think of the top half of a puppet theatre. 

I didn't get the console table either.  I realize those little boxy things they pushed under it were ottomans and were probably intended to be pulled out and moved elsewhere in the room to sit on or put feet up on, but the way they tucked them under the table it looked like you were supposed to be able to use them there, which would bring the top of the table up to about chin height.  It looked really awkward.  Maybe she could have skirted the table for hidden storage and put the ottomans under it.   

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Yvonne B said:

Can anyone tell me the name of the color gray that Doug used??  I absolutely loved it!!

I don't know the name, but Valspar is the paint sponsor on the show, so they make it.  Your local Valspar dealer would have paint swatches to match to it or might even be able to tell you what color was used on the show.