Type keyword(s) to search

S37: David vs. Goliath: Previews & Speculation without Spoilers

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Strong ... negative opinions lean towards a winner's edit? I disagree. I used to think invisibility wasn't a hallmark of the winner, but now I'm not so sure. Blandly nice, but not the biggest character out there pretty much describes most recent winners -- Wendell, Sarah, Adam, Michele. Only Ben with his idols bucks that trend.

And there's a lot of "blandly nice" in this final six.

I'm not one who really notices edits are makes any predictions based upon them.  But, I think most attention being given to a castaway leans more towards a winner's edit.  I think the  clearest loser's edit is being ignored.  

I don't think Wendell, Sarah, or Adam were "blandly nice".  Sarah and Adam both played the game very hard, from what I recall.  Wendell won a lot of challenges and had the tight alliance with Domenick and Laurel.   He was the slightly lower key of the 2 dominant players (Dom being the other) and beat Dom 6-5.  I think Laurel was the "blandly nice" character in Ghost Island. 

If anything, I think the trend has been towards voting for the most dominant player in the game, regardless of any blindsides or bitterness.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I'm not one who really notices edits are makes any predictions based upon them.  But, I think most attention being given to a castaway leans more towards a winner's edit.  I think the clearest loser's edit is being ignored.  

I don't think Wendell, Sarah, or Adam were "blandly nice".  Sarah and Adam both played the game very hard, from what I recall.  Wendell won a lot of challenges and had the tight alliance with Domenick and Laurel.   He was the slightly lower key of the 2 dominant players (Dom being the other) and beat Dom 6-5.  I think Laurel was the "blandly nice" character in Ghost Island. 

If anything, I think the trend has been towards voting for the most dominant player in the game, regardless of any blindsides or bitterness.

There is so much we don't see and know that I'd never wager on who I think will win based on editing.

TV needs to answer to advertisers. Bottom line.  Whatever brings in the bucks is what works.  Seems to me any/all editing is done in a way that drives entertainment value - and where Survivor is concerned, competitive drama.  They want us to keep tuning in and will edit things in a way that will make that happen - while retaining the long-term viability of the show (for future earnings).

I would, however, wager that producer put out media stories to fan the flames as well - including spoilers.

For this particular season, I don't think we have any clear winners left on the field based on editing.  It's anyone's game at this point based on what we've been shown - and that is probably very intentional.

Edited by Jextella