Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Bad Vibrations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

And Christ on a cracker, Hannah basically admitted that she is over this and that most people in her position have already moved on. It's like she has already owned upto just going through the paces. This is her story line for the season. The camera guys aren't helping out either by filming her more than usual with drinks and cigs in hand while chilaxing.  

If I remember correctly, she was pretty damn lazy last season too.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

What exactly was ground all over the place on the carpet? It didn't look like dirt or mud, it looked like dessert to me, so I'm not sure why shoes were the issue. 

Yeah, I couldn't figure out why shoes would leave dark marks on the carpet.  I get that shoes can scuff the wooden deck, but how dirty or cheap were the shoes the guests were wearing that they left black marks on the carpet?  I've owned all kinds of shoes, from high end to Walmart brand, and NONE of them have left marks on the light carpet, except if I accidentally tracked dirt in.  I would hope these doctors didn't fill their suitcases with dirt covered shoes.

Brooke's "girlish blushing" at Joao's attention is wearing very, very thin.  I just don't get it; he seems like a total creep and she's too old to act like a middle schooler with a crush.

• Love 8

Frankly, I was suppressing a burning desire to ass-kick "Capt. Sandy" for her snotty micromanaging.

"My bridge isn't cleaned up."  Hey, maybe they were attending to the damn guests since they were stuck on the dock and had to find ways to entertain them.  For fuck's sake lady.

"Where's my toast?"  You aren't a charter guest.  Stop acting like one.  He had to get the special orders that the actual GUESTS needed.  For fuck's sake, lady.

"The tender wasn't launched"  Weren't you paying attention.  They apologized.  Were you planning to send them out on an itty-bitty boat in that weather?  

And I'm sorry, but blondie the stew is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

And Christ on a cracker, Hannah basically admitted that she is over this and that most people in her position have already moved on. It's like she has already owned upto just going through the paces. This is her story line for the season. The camera guys aren't helping out either by filming her more than usual with drinks and cigs in hand while chilaxing.  

Tell us more how much you hate Hannah.

But this part is true.  She's over the job, she doesn't want to be there and if they weren't on TV, she wouldn't be there.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

But this part is true.  She's over the job, she doesn't want to be there and if they weren't on TV, she wouldn't be there.

I don't hate Hannah *eyeroll *  

She's a character on a TV show. 

I am just not a Hannah apologist, and will hold her accountable for her actions. 

But if you basically agree that she admitted to just going through the paces and you say that she doesn't want to be there, it's not terribly vicious or hateful or me or anyone to point all the ways that she is just going through the motions and demonstrating through her actions that she doesn't want to be there.  

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I feel like this is a line Hannah uses, something Kate has too, along the lines of Danny Glover and “I’m getting too old for this shit”, and just part of their seen-it-all characters rather than an actual gauge.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

I feel like this is a line Hannah uses, something Kate has too, along the lines of Danny Glover and “I’m getting too old for this shit”, and just part of their seen-it-all characters rather than an actual gauge.

In both their cases the only time they work on boats is filming for the show, so I do think they are over the job.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I think it was clear from the reunion that Sandy had some sort of special resentment against Hannah - which she earned, but then she seemed to have no issue with other (male) crew who did loads of ridiculously unprofessional shit - and it's gotten weirdly personal. One of them should be shown the door after this season, and I kinda hope it isn't Hannah.

Agreed. While I understand Capt. Sandy felt a little betrayed by both Hannah & Adam after the reunion, I feel like it goes deeper with Hannah. I"m going to speculate and say Capt. Sandy has a bit of an unrequited crush on Hannah, while Hannah views and treats her strictly like her boss.  Swap out Capt. Sandy for Capt. Lee and imagine how he would've handled the situation with Hannah & the charter guest. I feel like it would've been similar to how he handled Eddie. "I'm disappointed in you, I expected better, you've lost my trust, etc." Compare that to how Capt. Sandy is acting and I feel like she's more personally hurt and is punishing Hannah as a result. 

Hannah was provisioning that AM because it's time sensitive and due to the carpet issue, she didn't get a chance to complete it the night before.  Further, I felt like she got up before her shift started to finish it.  If was indeed a one night charter, Casey shouldn't have been cleaning the rooms until the guests departed and two people should've been fine for breakfast service.  Another example of how Capt. Sandy treats Hannah differently is in her interactions with the lower level stews/deckhands. She's quick to coach the deckhands and teach them things, while she blames Hannah for Casey not vacuuming correctly or cleaning the bridge. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Kasey is from Long Island. She went to college at Stony Brook, which is also on Long Island. I bet she lived at home during college.

Funny .. I know.  I lived a few blocks from Kasey for 27 years.  Now,  I live in a town near Stony Brook University.  Lots of kids dorm or rent apartments there even if they live nearby.  More fun that way so my grandson says, LOL.

• Love 6

"Joao" is one of my favorite names to say, but he is a complete tool and these young women are idiots to condone his behavior.  Simper blush flirt GAG!  I am sick of seeing all this aberrant social behavior when the crew members go out after a charter is over.  I would be more understanding if they were in their late teens, trying out crazy drinking behavior because they'd be underage in the States, but these people are all well over the legal age on every continent.  For godsakes, act your age and don't drink like you're on Spring Break in Lauderdale.  You have to get up in several hours!  I am so glad there were no cameras recording my wasted nights and now I am a happy almost-60ish broad who really has no patience for it.  Oh, and I am so glad that I have never worked in hospitality because I hate people! 

• Love 12

How long did what’s her name date her previous boyfriend because it took her less than a minute to move on.

I also forgot to point out that Sandy sounded like she really wanted to her along with the cool kids when she said “I want porridge too!” 

• Love 6

If the Captain's friends weren't such pigs Hannah wouldn't have had to clean the carpet till 4AM.

Hannah has to do provisioning for the next charter during the current one so it can be sourced delivered when they turn the boat.

Ol' Sand in Her Crotch was being a bitch just like she was when she had friends/?/associates on last year. 

• Love 12
(edited)
21 hours ago, snarts said:

Agreed. While I understand Capt. Sandy felt a little betrayed by both Hannah & Adam after the reunion, I feel like it goes deeper with Hannah. I"m going to speculate and say Capt. Sandy has a bit of an unrequited crush on Hannah, while Hannah views and treats her strictly like her boss.  Swap out Capt. Sandy for Capt. Lee and imagine how he would've handled the situation with Hannah & the charter guest. I feel like it would've been similar to how he handled Eddie. "I'm disappointed in you, I expected better, you've lost my trust, etc." Compare that to how Capt. Sandy is acting and I feel like she's more personally hurt and is punishing Hannah as a result. 

Hannah was provisioning that AM because it's time sensitive and due to the carpet issue, she didn't get a chance to complete it the night before.  Further, I felt like she got up before her shift started to finish it.  If was indeed a one night charter, Casey shouldn't have been cleaning the rooms until the guests departed and two people should've been fine for breakfast service.  Another example of how Capt. Sandy treats Hannah differently is in her interactions with the lower level stews/deckhands. She's quick to coach the deckhands and teach them things, while she blames Hannah for Casey not vacuuming correctly or cleaning the bridge. 

Crap Snarts, just saw your post after I posted mine. Agree with you 100%.

My hubby has said either Sandy wants to fuck Hannah or Hannah's become a bitch eating crackers to Captain #_'&+.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, missy jo said:

I never like the chefs on these shows. Adam being pissed because he had to make breakfast (da fuq) is a new low. 

It's not a new low because Adam had the same issue last season when the guests chastised him for sending them bakery pastries and a fruit and cheese plate for breakfast.

23 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

Hannah is a full scale bitch ..... she talks shit then If someone comes back at her she pulls ... how dare you talk to a chief stew like that ... screw her.... she’s just a shit starting snob .... then crazy Adam tries to act tough to kiss up to bitchface Hannah 

Agreed, on the boat, on charter you're Chief Stew. On the docks outside of work you are not my Chief Stew, you're an old drunk, desperate, bitch who likes to pull rank when others call them out. Keep making wrinkles while your dragging on that cigarette.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Sandy is pissed off because she didn't know until the playbacks at the reunion just how much shit the crew was getting away with behind her back. Especially unprofessional Hannah hooking up with that hot charter primary. She's gonna make Hannah pay this season. In front of the camera, so she can prove that she's nobody's fool. A little late for that, Sandypants. 

I had to agree.  I think Sandy would have preferred not to have Hannah back at all but alas, she isn’t production so she doesn’t get to make casting decisions.  So, her thought is that if she is stuck with Hannah then she is going to make her miserable the entire time she is there.  She knows that Casey was incapacitated the first charter. She saw first hand that Casey lacks basic knowledge (seriously can’t even run a vacuum correctly). And like someone else pointed out, a lot of her complaints had to do with Adam not being able to turn around 7 different orders in under 10 min.  There is 1 chef and only 1 stove.  He can only work so fast.  This isn’t a restaurant with line cooks.  She’s just going after Hannah (I also wonder if she is one of those women that don’t like other women because they view them as threats). 

2 hours ago, Giselle said:

If the Captain's friends weren't such pigs Hannah wouldn't have had to clean the carpet till 4AM.

Hannah has to do provisioning for the next charter during the current one so it can be sourced delivered when they turn the boat.

Ol' Sand in Her Crotch was being a bitch just like she was when she had friends/?/associates on last year. 

I forget who asked but shoes can totally leave dark marks on carpet.  That carpet was a very light cream.  I used to have cream carpets in my old house and I hated them.  I had to shampoo them at least every month because of the amount of crap.  A huge problem was also whenever the shoes were wet (which they would be if they went out on deck) because it would leave not only dirt marks but a dark grey water mark on the cream carpets.  Ripped those carpets out and put down wood after 4 years of dealing with the insanity. 

On the Hannah and the provisioning, Hannah said they had less than 24 hours for turnaround on a lot of these charters so the provisioning has to be done while one charter is going. It seems like she usually did them at night after the guests went to sleep but she couldn’t do it that night because of how late she was up having to clean the carpets.  So, if they wanted the provisions then it had to be done at breakfast—when they had 2 stews there to take care of it. I don’t think Hannah was normally helping out with breakfast since she was on lates. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, roundtheworld said:

If I recall we've seen previously either Hannah and/or Kate doing provisioning and working on different things where then their second stews get annoyed (ridiculously) that they aren't cleaning rooms.

7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I had to agree.  I think Sandy would have preferred not to have Hannah back at all but alas, she isn’t production so she doesn’t get to make casting decisions.  So, her thought is that if she is stuck with Hannah then she is going to make her miserable the entire time she is there.  She knows that Casey was incapacitated the first charter. She saw first hand that Casey lacks basic knowledge (seriously can’t even run a vacuum correctly). And like someone else pointed out, a lot of her complaints had to do with Adam not being able to turn around 7 different orders in under 10 min.  There is 1 chef and only 1 stove.  He can only work so fast.  This isn’t a restaurant with line cooks.  She’s just going after Hannah (I also wonder if she is one of those women that don’t like other women because they view them as threats). 

I forget who asked but shoes can totally leave dark marks on carpet.  That carpet was a very light cream.  I used to have cream carpets in my old house and I hated them.  I had to shampoo them at least every month because of the amount of crap.  A huge problem was also whenever the shoes were wet (which they would be if they went out on deck) because it would leave not only dirt marks but a dark grey water mark on the cream carpets.  Ripped those carpets out and put down wood after 4 years of dealing with the insanity. 

On the Hannah and the provisioning, Hannah said they had less than 24 hours for turnaround on a lot of these charters so the provisioning has to be done while one charter is going. It seems like she usually did them at night after the guests went to sleep but she couldn’t do it that night because of how late she was up having to clean the carpets.  So, if they wanted the provisions then it had to be done at breakfast—when they had 2 stews there to take care of it. I don’t think Hannah was normally helping out with breakfast since she was on lates. 

This is why I think Sandy was bitching at Hannah just to bitch. 

Sandy knows, with all those years of sailing behind her and knowing the show's tight shooting schedule, that this provisioning has to be done during charter. 

Sandy's complaining has no justification in this instance and was uncalled for.

She was just as bad as the "nuts" lady.

• Love 6

If provisioning is time sensitive and can't wait, than it should be done before the spots on the carpet. When one is short handed and in a "crisis" tasks have to be prioritized in order of importance.  Hannah should have done her provisioning instead of the carpet stains. She could have proactively let Sandy know about it that morning before overseeing breakfast to ensure that Captain Sandy and her posse had the best breakfast service ever. Call me crazy, but if my boss is harping on some event and and how important it is to him and his special guests, you can be damn sure that I am going to be there at that event overseeing EVERYTHING. 

And if Sandy bitched at Hannah after that about carpet stains, Hannah can explain  how she prioritized and why with a silent or not so silent fuck you to Sandy for being unreasonable because provisions were done in a timely manner and guests got the very best service possible. 

Again, this is something that a chief stew with eight years of experience should know how to do.  And for other posters who mentioned that Kate was frazzled in similar situations with two shitty stews, yes, she sure was. But, she didn't let the guests see it. There were none the wiser. And while I am not a total Kate fan, girl was always professional and on point. with getting guests what they needed, resting bitch face and "rocket ships" notwithstanding. ;-) 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

If provisioning is time sensitive and can't wait, than it should be done before the spots on the carpet. When one is short handed and in a "crisis" tasks have to be prioritized in order of importance.  Hannah should have done her provisioning instead of the carpet stains. She could have proactively let Sandy know about it that morning before overseeing breakfast to ensure that Captain Sandy and her posse had the best breakfast service ever. Call me crazy, but if my boss is harping on some event and and how important it is to him and his special guests, you can be damn sure that I am going to be there at that event overseeing EVERYTHING. 

And if Sandy bitched at Hannah after that about carpet stains, Hannah can explain  how she prioritized and why with a silent or not so silent fuck you to Sandy for being unreasonable because provisions were done in a timely manner and guests got the very best service possible. 

Again, this is something that a chief stew with eight years of experience should know how to do.  And for other posters who mentioned that Kate was frazzled in similar situations with two shitty stews, yes, she sure was. But, she didn't let the guests see it. There were none the wiser. And while I am not a total Kate fan, girl was always professional and on point. with getting guests what they needed, resting bitch face and "rocket ships" notwithstanding. ;-) 

No, to your point, Capt Sandy would have bitched at Hannah about the carpet stains and ALSO bitched at her for doing the provisions. Remember, Capt Sandy was upset Hannah was working on the provisions while the charter was still ongoing. It was a no-win situation. I'll bet something is missing on the next charter and Sandy yells at Hannah for not taking care of the provisions in time. 

Long story short, Hannah is short staffed and trying to make up for Kasey, which Sandy doesn't accept and blames Hannah. There just wasn't enough hours in the day for Hannah to clean the carpets, prepare for the next charter, and be on morning service. Sandy needs to realize this. Here's a thought, Sandy loves to take time showing Kasey how to vacuum and other menial tasks, as captain of a ship that's not sailing anywhere maybe she could have worked on the provisions list for Hannah instead of sitting with her friends for breakfast? Normally I wouldn't think it would be the captain's responsibility, but if she doesn't mind vacuuming maybe she could help with some bigger issues?

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

No, to your point, Capt Sandy would have bitched at Hannah about the carpet stains and ALSO bitched at her for doing the provisions. Remember, Capt Sandy was upset Hannah was working on the provisions while the charter was still ongoing. It was a no-win situation. I'll bet something is missing on the next charter and Sandy yells at Hannah for not taking care of the provisions in time. 

True, she may have, but at least Hannah would have been in the right about how she prioritized her tasks. And she would not have had to run off crying. She could have held her ground because she would have known she made the right choice as opposed to showing Sandy her blisters.

We all have bosses that bitch at us without cause from time to time, and it sucks. But Hannah's choices made is all too easy for Sandy to find a reason to bitch. Don't give your boss  or guests a reason to bitch (those fucking nuts) and at least you know that if they do bitch, you are in the clear. 

My last comment on the subject is that Hannah has the brains and experience to make better choices to make her life easier while on charter.  She isn't doing that because she basically admitted in her THs she is over this and phoning it in. Ok, fine. I get it. Burn out is a real thing. But, Jesus, a little better planning and execution it going to make her last days on the job easier and less stressful. I mean, really, who the fuck really wants to have to start bawling at work and on camera? Either do your job well or don't do it. Being half- assed about it because your are "over it" only makes your own life harder and makes you look like shit on camera, especially if you are whining about my boss is so mean and and I have blisters all over my hands from slaving away all night. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

True, she may have, but at least Hannah would have been in the right about how she prioritized her tasks. And she would not have had to run off crying. She could have held her ground because she would have known she made the right choice as opposed to showing Sandy her blisters.

We all have bosses that bitch at us without cause from time to time, and it sucks. But Hannah's choices made is all too easy for Sandy to find a reason to bitch. Don't give your boss  or guests a reason to bitch (those fucking nuts) and at least you know that if they do bitch, you are in the clear. 

My last comment on the subject is that Hannah has the brains and experience to make better choices to make her life easier while on charter.  She isn't doing that because she basically admitted in her THs she is over this and phoning it in. Ok, fine. I get it. Burn out is a real thing. But, Jesus, a little better planning and execution it going to make her last days on the job easier and less stressful. I mean, really, who the fuck really wants to have to start bawling at work and on camera? Either do your job well or don't do it. Being half- assed about it because your are "over it" only makes your own life harder and makes you look like shit on camera, especially if you are whining about my boss is so mean and and I have blisters all over my hands from slaving away all night. 

I guess I still don't understand your point about "the right choice"? Capt Sandy claimed it was unfair for Hannah to work on the next charter while still on this charter. Why would Capt Sandy think it was the right decision to do the provisions at night then clean the carpets in the morning? My interpretation from Capt Sandy's comments was that the provisions list was the LEAST important thing to do at that time. At least, until the next charter when something was missing at which point I'm sure Sandy comes back with, "Why wasn't this done before the guests arrived!" I just don't think Hannah could win this one. And the more I think about it the more I think Capt Sandy should have taken her free time to do the provisions rather than hang out with her friends. Especially since she micromanaged everything else. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, missy jo said:

I never like the chefs on these shows. Adam being pissed because he had to make breakfast (da fuq) is a new low. 

Why are all chefs so Dickish? Do ya fuckin wellpayin job and make food and STFU.

• Love 3

I agree that all the chefs have been kinda of dickish.  But...that's a hell of a job to have to do.  They've got no sous chefs or prep cooks (aside from occasional help from the interior or exterior crew), they're responsible for all three meals and snacks throughout the day, they've got to find meals that work with all the guests preferences and because the charters are so short, they barely have time to get to know them like you would on a week-long charter.  Ben seemed to be the best at it but even he had his bad meals.  

I definitely think Captain Sandy is making up for being too nice last season and then finding out everything that had been going on.  

• Love 8

The thing about Sandy bitching about Hannah having to be there for breakfast is that other than Sandy’s toast which Brooke may or may not have forgotten to write  down on the initial order but did forget to remind him that it was supposed to be dry the issues with breakfast, if there actually were any for the guests, were with the kitchen not the service.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

And of course, if she'd waited until the charter guests had left, and there wasn't enough time to obtain something the primary had a hankerin' for, no doubt Capt. Happy would have chewed her out for leaving it to the last minute.  I'm not defending Hannah - I think she's rather full of herself on this "chief stew" business when they're not on the boat and she's been pretty unprofessional from time to time, but Capt. Happy should have commended her for trying to get the jump on making sure the NEXT charter party was happy with the amenities and had everything they wanted.  Isn't that what Capt. Happy is always streessing.....  

• Love 5

I thought Sandy's behavior was unflattering in this episode, it's great your friends are on board, but you're the Captain, not the guest.  Casey has been sick up until the day of this charter so how on earth was Hannah supposed to know to teach her basic things like 'laundry" and "picking up obvious trash" when the girl has been in bed up to this point?

I'm surprised Adam didn't send the salads to the restaurant with another deckhand...

Sandy seems to be behaving like a tv Captain vs a Captain.  I think she'd like to be the clear star of the show vs Hannah.

• Love 6
On 5/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, HunterHunted said:

Kasey is from Long Island. She went to college at Stony Brook, which is also on Long Island. I bet she lived at home during college.

I think that Kasey may have auditioned for that old Bravo show about the Long Island princess girls, and her application somehow got forwarded to the Below Deck producers by mistake!    ;-)

• Love 3
20 hours ago, missy jo said:

I agree, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Adam over Leon, who, if I recall, wasn't thrilled about cooking breakfast, either.   Actually, I don't think Ben liked making cooked to order breakfasts, as well.  For me, I'd be disappointed, because having someone else cook a nice big breakfast is my favorite meal!  

• Love 3
(edited)

If I have a complaint about these BD shows is that the captains are always promising to 'lower the boom' but rarely, if ever do. So many times I wanted to see some a-hole crew member get tossed off the boat or have their head handed to them tout de suite, but it's all 'one more chance' 'one more chance' 'one more chance' 'one more chance'.

So in that regard, I like Sandy getting on peoples cases rather than being the usual milquetoast's.

21 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Funny .. I know.  I lived a few blocks from Kasey for 27 years.  Now,  I live in a town near Stony Brook University.  Lots of kids dorm or rent apartments there even if they live nearby.  More fun that way so my grandson says, LOL.

How far did she live from SB?  I guess even if it wasn't that far as the crow flies, unless you live right next to the Port Jeff branch it'd be a pain to commute.

However, if she drove that's a different story.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 100Proof said:

If I have a complaint about these BD shows is that the captains are always promising to 'lower the boom' but rarely, if ever do. So many times I wanted to see some a-hole crew member get tossed off the boat or have their head handed to them tout de suite, but it's all 'one more chance' 'one more chance' 'one more chance' 'one more chance'.

So in that regard, I like Sandy getting on peoples cases rather than being the usual milquetoast's.

I think with this show in particular, recasting a role midseason would be really difficult.  They aren't close to anywhere to pull new "crew" from.  Which is why the Captains threaten but hardly ever fire.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I think with this show in particular, recasting a role midseason would be really difficult.  They aren't close to anywhere to pull new "crew" from.  Which is why the Captains threaten but hardly ever fire.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have 'understudies' waiting in the wings and only a plane ride away though.

Then again, how much the 'TV' cast is actually involved and responsible  in taking care of the guests as opposed to the real, if any, not filmed crew is, I don't know, lol

Edited by 100Proof
45 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

How far did she live from SB?  I guess even if it wasn't that far as the crow flies, unless you live right next to the Port Jeff branch it'd be a pain to commute.

However, if she drove that's a different story.

Depending on the traffic, about 1 hour and 15 min to 1 hour 30 min. Give or take.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Depending on the traffic, about 1 hour and 15 min to 1 hour 30 min. Give or take.

So that's either Queens or Orient Point, or Great Neck or Greenport,  lol

My brother went to dorm there in '68. We lived in Queens. Stony Brook was no where as built up then.

Edited by 100Proof
(edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 2:39 PM, scenicbyway said:

Captain Lee has fired crew but it is easier to fire and hire when it is a US show based in the Caribbean.

Chris was a dufus that was fired, I believe he lied on his resume about his yachting perience. Leon was a slack ass chef with a bad attitude and kept a dirty kitchen, and then there was some weedy looking belligerent drunk, I forgot his name.

Ben came back to finish the season and a guy from first season came back as deck crew.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1
On May 31, 2018 at 4:30 PM, scenicbyway said:

I thought Sandy's behavior was unflattering in this episode, it's great your friends are on board, but you're the Captain, not the guest.  Casey has been sick up until the day of this charter so how on earth was Hannah supposed to know to teach her basic things like 'laundry" and "picking up obvious trash" when the girl has been in bed up to this point?

I'm surprised Adam didn't send the salads to the restaurant with another deckhand...

Sandy seems to be behaving like a tv Captain vs a Captain.  I think she'd like to be the clear star of the show vs Hannah.

I can understand Kasey being sick, but aren't there requirements like ironing, washing, vacuuming, etc. before boarding a charter?  These things should have been on applications and interviews. KAsey came on blind knowing nothing.  Whose fault is that?  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, 100Proof said:

So that's either Queens or Orient Point, or Great Neck or Greenport,  lol

My brother went to dorm there in '68. We lived in Queens. Stony Brook was no where as built up then.

Kasey lives in Oceanside, Nassau, L.I.  It's on the south shore.  Orient Point, Great Neck and Greenpoint are on the North shore.   The Pt. Jeff LIRR is on the north shore, so she can't use that line to Oceanside.  It's either car or dorm.

(edited)

Do I think Sandy had a bee up her ass for Hannah this episode? Yes. But that doesn’t change the fact that Hannah is just not a great chief stew. I have said it about past seasons as well.

The thing about working in service and hospitality is that the guests do not care if you are short staffed or sick or the kitchen is on fire. As a result most managers in these types of jobs don’t care about those things either. You just need to get the job done and in this case the job was taking care of the guests. Is it fair that Hannah was on lates and had to stay up extra late to clean up shoe marks and then Sandy was frustrated with her for not helping with breakfast? Not really. But that also doesn’t matter because it is Hannah’s job to make sure the interior runs well. It is Sandy’s job to make sure Hannah does that job. Sandy felt like breakfast was going poorly and Hannah needed to step in. Was Sandy being unreasonable? Maybe. Does it matter? Not really. Hannah would have been well within her rights to ask Sandy for a conversation after the guests were off the boat to explain her own frustrations with what Sandy was asking of her but in that moment with the guests still on board she needed to jump in.

It sucks to be a manager with a bunch of admin responsibilities in hospitality settings because your non public facing work (like ordering provisions) often gets shoved to the side when the crap hits the fan on the front line. I have a job similar to Hannah’s where I manage a staff but also report to someone else. I have a bunch of time sensitive admin things I have to do every day/week. Some days/weeks it is no problem. Other weeks things go haywire and I have to spend large chunks of my day on the frontline with my staff to deal with what is in front of us. That means I end up staying well past my usual scheduled day to get the admin crap done and because I am a manager it is all unpaid. My boss is very understanding, will pitch in and help herself and will say things like “I wish you didn’t have to stay late” but she still expects the admin stuff to get done AND the guests’ needs to be taken care of. That is just how hospitality management jobs are. It sucks sometimes but it is not a secret and if Hannah doesn’t like that (and I don’t think she does) then she is in the wrong racket. 

ETA: A truly good chief stew would have heard the breakfast commotion on the radio and stopped what she was doing to jump in and help fix it. Sandy should not have had to track her down to ask her to jump in. Whether Hannah thought her staff could work it out or if Sandy and the guests were being unreasonable in that moment doesn’t matter. A good manager jumps in, checks with her staff to see if they need her, gives direction as necessary and helps resolve the perceived issue.

Edited by TeeMo
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I can understand Kasey being sick, but aren't there requirements like ironing, washing, vacuuming, etc. before boarding a charter?  These things should have been on applications and interviews. KAsey came on blind knowing nothing.  Whose fault is that?  

Production. They do it on purpose to create drama on the boat. They have always had a screw up or no experience Stew in the mix. The closest we ever got to perfection was Kate and Amy the second time around but then they were saddled with the wack-a-loon Rocky.

It's always been the producers and casting director .

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Production. They do it on purpose to create drama on the boat. They have always had a screw up or no experience Stew in the mix. The closest we ever got to perfection was Kate and Amy the second time around but then they were saddled with the wack-a-loon Rocky.

It's always been the producers and casting director .

LOL .. You are so right.  Production.  That goes for N.Y. Housewive's, my favorite, Southern Charm, etc..   I always want to believe it's true what goes on, but it's really not.  Some things maybe, but most not.  I guess it's all about drama and laughs or else it would be boring, plus we would have nothing to snark about.  Ha !   I'm on this damn I-Pad all day yesterday reading and snarking till the eyeballs are falling out, LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kasey lives in Oceanside, Nassau, L.I.  It's on the south shore.  Orient Point, Great Neck and Greenpoint are on the North shore.   The Pt. Jeff LIRR is on the north shore, so she can't use that line to Oceanside.  It's either car or dorm.

I was just a tad being flip regarding locations. Didn't actually want to know where she's from, that if she was just far enough from SB to make a daily commute a bit of a chore to warrant living there.  Since you said that you know people actually live close to the university yet dorm there, I was just curious if the same applied to her situation.  :-)

I lived in queens and LI my entire life till I moved a year ago so I know all them places well.

Edited by 100Proof
(edited)

Didn't Capt. Sandy admit last season to being gay? If she and the Vage doctor aren't already getting it on, Captain sure as hell acts like she would love to. Maybe that's why Sandy is so eat up with the Dr. (pun totally intended)!

Edited by TGinKY

I guess I still don't understand your point about "the right choice"? Capt Sandy claimed it was unfair for Hannah to work on the next charter while still on this charter. Why would Capt Sandy think it was the right decision to do the provisions at night then clean the carpets in the morning?

I believe the norm is for Hannah to do her provisions after the guests have gone to bed for the night. Yes, they are officially "on charter" then, but she's not making herself unavailable for the guests. When Sandy said she shouldn't be working on the next charter while still on this charter, I think she really meant that Hannah shouldn't be working on provisions while the current guests require service.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, bichonblitz said:

I think Sandy is pissed off because she didn't know until the playbacks at the reunion just how much shit the crew was getting away with behind her back. Especially unprofessional Hannah hooking up with that hot charter primary. She's gonna make Hannah pay this season. In front of the camera, so she can prove that she's nobody's fool. A little late for that, Sandypants. 

I think, for me at least, this is why I dislike Sandy this season.  It seems like she's still a little hurt/bitter about what happened last season and is taking it out on Hannah this go round.  If Sandy has that much of an issue about what happened last season then either she shouldn't have come back or she needed to deal with it off camera before this season filmed.  I don't disagree that Hannah has made mistakes and at times should've done more but some of what Sandy has yelled at Hannah for isn't really her fault and would never have escalated to the point it has if it what happened last season hadn't happened.  Conrad's mistake was huge and she made a little comment about it and moved on.  That's how I think Sandy would've handled what has happened with Hannah this season if last season either hadn't happened or had been dealt with already.  So its hard for me to enjoy watching her when it seems like she's much harsher towards Hannah than she is towards the other staff members.  I don't say this to protect Hannah or even because I feel bad for Hannah.  I just don't really care to see Sandy work through what happened last season on this season.  I don't care and it's kind of not my problem.  It's like I'm a charter guest and I shouldn't have to see that side of things, know what I mean?  I want to watch the current season and see what happens this season not worry who still has hurt feelings about last season.  If it must be addressed then do a little scene where Sandy and Hannah talk it out and move on.  I don't need the petty Sandy and Hannah stuff.  Besides, I thought Adam behaved just as bad if not worse and Sandy doesn't seem to be bitter towards him.  If you can move past it for one than move past it for another or don't come back.  JMHO.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, HunterHunted said:

Kasey actually said in her episode 1 intro that her parents call her “Princess” and that her mother did not “let” her do laundry. So yes, I’ll bet that she also lived at home all through college and mom continued doing her laundry. 

I will say that she doesn’t seem unwilling to do the work, but maybe that sea sickness was kinda psychosomatic? And maybe I’m wrong but I never once heard her say that she was sorry she was sick and couldn’t do her job.

Edited by RedHawk