Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Bad Vibrations

• Start Topic

After arguing with Hannah and professing his attraction to Brooke, Joao must deal with the consequences of his alcohol-fueled alter ego, Jezabob; Brooke confesses that she is torn between being single and dating again; Sandy's friend comes aboard.

If Brooke is thinking about dating Mr. Zimbabwe I’m going to puke. 

Joao must deal with the consequences of his alcohol-fueled alter ego, Jezabob

The fuck is that name? Also, he gets worse when he’s wasted? Of course he does.

• Love 1
(edited)

Really small, tiny voice.

My Jezabob alter ego was Cathy.  Capital see you next Tuesday......

Was because I no longer get involved with the bottle that let's  Jeannie ll, Jeannie's evil twin sister out of the bottle. 

She didn't even have her own name.  Just roman numerals. 

LVP Tequilla Katie had nothing on Jose Cathy.

even smaller voice. He is right about boat security 24/7

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 4
(edited)

What bugs me is how Sandy is hovering over the crew.  Yes, these are your friends and you want to impress but stop micromanaging, lady, she's making me uncomfortable. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 15

I am not liking sandy this season so far. She's hovering too much and micromanaging too much. She asked for toast and then she asks again like 2 min later. Sandy chill out already

Hannah needs sleep and can' get any.

Joao has a drinking problem that i think were going to see more of this season.

Not sure about Jaime Yet. I get a feeling she is gonna be trouble this season too.

• Love 6

Joao may drink too much, but what he said about the deck watch while at port made sense. I can't believe Conrad didn't release (or whatever it's called) the tender ... He was too busy grabbing a smoke with Hannah. Sandy was micromanaging, but Brooke seemed behind. I can't remember-is it typical that they take individual breakfast orders? And Casey... Bless her heart. Man, did her parents do her a disservice in not teaching her the basics!

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

I’m just going to come right out and say that Adam is a substandard chef. The meal he prepared for the guests at the birthday bash just look like the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. Why are we not seeing shellfish, seafood, fillets, lamb, veal, anything that would up the level of the cuisine, and not be something that you could find at any chain “Italian” restaurant. There is so much more to Italian food than Caprese salad and 27 types of pasta. Oh, but there are 27 salads leftover from lunch. Delish. He is just phoning it in .

And all of Adams desserts look like he  got the recipe is from Family Circle magazine. If I were those guests, stuck at port, I would not be pleased.

Also, anyone anyone wonder how Sandy knows the vagina doctor? Did she meet the doc professionally?

And Adam, Ben could’ve whipped up all those different things in a heartbeat. Stop your whining and start chopping 

While Adam has jumped leaps and bounds personality-wise this season in comparison to last, his cooking and attitude around his cooking remains mediocre. I was watching reruns earlier today and I’d forgotten how impressive Ben was, almost effortlessly. Meanwhile, Adam can’t handle some basic short order cooking for breakfast.

Joao and his alter ego was embarrassing and Brooke must be rebounding quite hard to be interested in this messthat has consistently disrespected and undermined his superiors, gotten sloppy, mean drunk, and it’s just the second charter.

Kasey is a mess and it’s really not anyone’s fault that she doesn’t understand the basics of vacuuming and laundry. I hope Kasey proves herself now that she’s no longer puking 90% of the time.

I really liked Sandy last season, but this season it feels like she came to earn her reality TV stripes and it’s just annoying and unpleasant. Also, i don’t want demonstrations with Sandy and a sex toy. Ever. 

Colin’s rap made me cringe, but he seems okay. I’m hoping for more out of Jamie because i don’t get much of an impression so far.

Hannah forgetting the salads was a boo boo(though the guests didn’t notice), Conrad not getting the smaller boat unloaded for this charter was a MAJOR boo boo, but that’s about all the complaints I have for them so far.

• Love 8

But technically with the staff that we don't see on boat, the boat is never really empty, right? 

Ben definitely is more talented than Adam, but Adam is better than the last chef they had on Below Deck with the beard and drinking problem.

Is there ever NOT an issue with one of the stews? I haven't seen all the Below Deck shows, but it seems like one is always causing issues with Hannah or Kate.  How hard is it to do laundry and clean?  Geesh. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I really disliked how Capn Sandy chided her crew in front of her friends. Unprofessional. She clearly has it in for Hannah as perhaps she thinks it will make for a good storyline. I'd be surprised if Hannah returns to BDM after this season. Which is unfortunate. I've grown to like her. 

None of the chefs have been as good as Ben. Such a shame. Earlier today I was catching a few of the earlier BD episodes Bravo was airing - with Beef Cheeks Leon. I'd take 100 Adams any day over friggen Leon. So there's that. Adam has improved a lot personality wise since last season, I wish we'd see some more interesting dishes from him tho.

Joao. Just. Nope. Always one dickhand each season. I'd love if he had a redemption arc but I'm doubting it. Sigh.

Edited by BodhiGurl
I loathe if I use the same word twice when there's another I could use to get my point across... lol
  • Love 12

Hannah is a full scale bitch ..... she talks shit then If someone comes back at her she pulls ... how dare you talk to a chief stew like that ... screw her.... she’s just a shit starting snob .... then crazy Adam tries to act tough to kiss up to bitchface Hannah 

• Love 4

Brooke attracted to Joao - did they pay you extra for that?

Adam seems to be an ok chef and that's about it.  He is better personality wise than he was last season.

I don't think Sandy is worse this year than she was last.  She's dealing with a lot of crew, inside and out, who are just not all that experienced.  On the other hand Sandy, you gave permission to wear shoes.  So Hannah being exhausted because of having to stay up into the wee hours is on you.  Not Hannah.

I guess Kasey has never had to do her own laundry.  And she's the seemingly typical third stew who just doesn't know the meaning of responsibility and work.  She's getting very annoying.

The 24 hour watch?  I don't know.  If that were necessarily, I would think Cap Sandy would make it a point.  We've seen her do it when they're on anchor last year.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember her making it a point last season when they were at dock as well.  Again, I could be wrong about the dock thing.  And, Joao, and I hate to say it because the guy's obnoxious, may have had a point with that because of security....

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The 24 hour watch?  I don't know.  If that were necessarily, I would think Cap Sandy would make it a point.  We've seen her do it when they're on anchor last year.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember her making it a point last season when they were at dock as well.  Again, I could be wrong about the dock thing.  And, Joao, and I hate to say it because the guy's obnoxious, may have had a point with that because of security....

You’re right that it was made necessary last season when they were anchored with rough waters and it got crazy twisted. I don’t know if 24h anchor watch is necessary all the time. It very well could be, though i’m unsure if that’s a Conrad or Sandy decision. 

What the hell Sandy you aren’t a guest. Her behavior at breakfast was so unprofessional. None of the guests had an issue so bitching to Hannah because you didn’t get your dry toast and omelette with no salt and pepper quickly enough.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What the hell Sandy you aren’t a guest. Her behavior at breakfast was so unprofessional. None of the guests had an issue so bitching to Hannah because you didn’t get your dry toast and omelette with no salt and pepper quickly enough.

Toast seems to be a struggle for these yachties.  Breakfast in general is not their strongsuit.  I am thinking Adam may have had something with the continental breakfast.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sandy obviously didn’t use the womanizer toy. Good god, she needs to relax, and quit over managing the crew. Joao is a douchenozzle but seems to have a better grasp about yacht safety and protocol. I don’t think young gun Conrad is gonna make it through the season. Especially if he gets sidetracked with Hannah. 

If if I was on a yacht, and stuck on dock, and was served the food that Adam brought out, I’d be pulling back the chair and heading into Naples for some real Italian cuisine. That food was mediocre at best, and the desserts looks like something you’d see at a seniors bake sale. 

Kasey is absolutely useless. There is always one every season. 

The female deckhand is rather forgettable but seems to have a rather large stick up her butt. She’s done nothing but bitch and moan about not getting to do deckhand work.

And the dude who tried to to rap? Well, let’s just say that Eminem has nothing to fear. ??

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 9

I'm trying to figure out why Captain Sandy's character has changed so much this season. She's gone from somewhat intrusive micromanager to full on bitch.  Since when does the Captain spend the whole trip hanging out with the primary?  Why was she not consulting with Conrad about whether they needed 24 hour security and why is she on Hannah so hard ( did she watch the TH's last season and decide she was going to get her first). It's somewhat unsettling to see her being so unprofessional.

• Love 5

So is this "shorter" cruise a one-nighter? Down from two nighters?  This to me is the biggest pretense of the show -- there is just a revolving door of people who want to be on TV as opposed to any realistic take on people who would actually charter a yacht for a vacation. It's not a hotel.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

What the hell Sandy you aren’t a guest. Her behavior at breakfast was so unprofessional.

She would've fit in great with those hags from the first charter.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, bosawks said:

The show this year is a great advertisement to NOT go on a yacht vacation........

Right? Am I the only one that thinks that a yacht vacation would ultimately be rather boring? Ports of call would be cool, but the rest? Meh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I'm trying to figure out why Captain Sandy's character has changed so much this season. She's gone from somewhat intrusive micromanager to full on bitch.  Since when does the Captain spend the whole trip hanging out with the primary?  Why was she not consulting with Conrad about whether they needed 24 hour security and why is she on Hannah so hard ( did she watch the TH's last season and decide she was going to get her first). It's somewhat unsettling to see her being so unprofessional.

I’m guesding we’re seeing RealityTV!Sandy  this season, which is disappointing. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

I’m just going to come right out and say that Adam is a substandard chef. The meal he prepared for the guests at the birthday bash just look like the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. Why are we not seeing shellfish, seafood, fillets, lamb, veal, anything that would up the level of the cuisine, and not be something that you could find at any chain “Italian” restaurant. There is so much more to Italian food than Caprese salad and 27 types of pasta. Oh, but there are 27 salads leftover from lunch. Delish. He is just phoning it in .

And all of Adams desserts look like he  got the recipe is from Family Circle magazine. If I were those guests, stuck at port, I would not be pleased.

Also, anyone anyone wonder how Sandy knows the vagina doctor? Did she meet the doc professionally?

And Adam, Ben could’ve whipped up all those different things in a heartbeat. Stop your whining and start chopping 

To be fair, I paused on the primary's preference sheet and she listed pasta as a must have and said no veal, lamb, meat on bones, or with a head. Her preferences were very basic and I think he did a good job sticking to them. All of the desserts he made were all listed as "wants" on the sheet. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, butterflyeludesme said:

To be fair, I paused on the primary's preference sheet and she listed pasta as a must have and said no veal, lamb, meat on bones, or with a head. Her preferences were very basic and I think he did a good job sticking to them. All of the desserts he made were all listed as "wants" on the sheet. 

Fair enough - he gave the guest the pasta that she asked for. However, I still find his execution to be off. None of his pasta dishes looked any more appetizing than what one may find at a Carrabba's or a Macraroni Grill. Further, the guest did not specify that she did NOT want any protein. If Adam were doing more than phoning it in, he could have done an antipasto, a pasta course and a meat course, etc. And recycling the forgotten salads from lunch was just lazy. He should have just given those to the crew at lunch time or at dinner. I have seen better, more inspired food at a Disney resort for fuck sake. 

As for his deserts, they were a step above Duncan Hines boxed cakes or what you might find at a bake sale. Adam could have done a tiramisu, a creme brulee, a regular cake, an Italian cheescake, a fruit tart etc - and not 12 variations of the same garbage. If he can't do dessert, well, he had enough notice to find a decent bakery/patisserie in port. 

And he totally lost me when he was bitching about having to provide a cooked breakfast. Adam has one job - to cook. If he doesn't like cooking or is always into shortcuts like  continental breakfast and salads every day all the time for lunch, than he should get the fuck out of the kitchen or look for a gig at a Hampton Inn or a Cheesecake Factory. 

And while I am expressing what seems to be an unpopular opinion, I may as well add that Sandy may have good reason to be micromanaging just a tad. So far we have 

forgotten food on deck

a disregarded order to save a spot for the tender

a 3rd stew who can't vacuum or do laundry

a chef bitching about taking short orders at breakfast and who can't get toast to the captain in under 15. Yeah, maybe Sandy should not have been hanging out at breakfast, but to me it is just Workplace 101 that when your boss wants shit done, you do it ASAP. It's not like Sandy does this shit all the time, and she certainly did defend her team with those crazy hags and their bullshit preference sheets. 

A bosun who can't control his deck hand

Hannah ordering provisions AT Breakfast when she knows that Sandy is there and wanting things to be perfect. Sandy has a point that you can't be preparing for the next guest when you still have paying guests on board. In all the years of watching this dreck, I have never seen a chief stew sitting around at breakfast and making orders for the next guest. Don't they usually have a crew meeting with the captain, the bosun, the chef and the chief stew to go over the preference sheet and discuss what to order? 

As for poor widdle Hannah Pants staying up until 4 am - she could have gotten her 2nd or 3rd stew to clean that mess. AND she she could have alerted Sandy much earlier to the very real problems she was having with her 3rd stew - just like Conrad could have alerted Sandy to the issues he is having with Jao or whatever the fuck his name is. That's part of being a leader in middle management. Keep your team in line and let your boss know about issues before they become full blown problems that affect performance and make your boss look bad. 

Hannah sure likes to pull rank on others and tout her stripes, but she certainly does not seem to love the responsibility of being in charge. 

• Love 9

It's a weird feeling reading that story -- thanks @KLJ for sharing!! -- because while that sounds like a lot, and also my mom went through something similar (an unrelated nuerosurgery for chronic pain where the surgeon flagged something in her urine as questionable led to an asymptomatic malignant kidney tumor being caught and removed without issue), her talking about it on The Doctors makes me like her less. I think y'all are right and she let one season get to her head and she's going full-tilt reality star. And it's a shame, because I bet she's a good captain, but she's not a good reality show character, and it's much worse when she's trying so hard. Her inherit social awkwardness makes her laying down the law seem erratic and rude. Also, the whole breakfast with the guests thing was super off-putting. Did she even give the crew a head's up about it? It seems like one thing to have the captain at dinner, where everything is in planned courses, but it's quite another to add another seat to the made-to-order breakfast and being the only one at the table complaining about shit.

Also I really am not a Hannah fan and probably never will be, but that whole thing was some bullshit. Maybe she was referring to stew service, but I swear it sounded like at least one of her outbursts was about Adam turning around the food slowly (which did seem to be one of the problems), and that Hannah needs to "control the interior". Uhhhhh? Hasn't the chef always been a more or less independent entity and not under the chief stew's control? It's not Hannah's fault his TGI Friday's ass got asked back, or that one of her stew's has been patently useless since the jump (she'd have to train her on the basics of how to be a functioning adult first, from the looks of it). I think it was clear from the reunion that Sandy had some sort of special resentment against Hannah - which she earned, but then she seemed to have no issue with other (male) crew who did loads of ridiculously unprofessional shit - and it's gotten weirdly personal. One of them should be shown the door after this season, and I kinda hope it isn't Hannah.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

As for poor widdle Hannah Pants staying up until 4 am - she could have gotten her 2nd or 3rd stew to clean that mess.

Could she though? Isn't she on late duty meaning the others are done and sleeping by the end of the evening? Isn't that her job to handle instead of waking someone up to do it? I tend to think Hannah wouldn't do that even though Sandy did it to her when Kasey was sick. Shifts are staggered so they don't burn out but Hannah has taken on a lot due to Kasey's illness and now cleaning up the extra, unnecessary mess.

• Love 16
(edited)
29 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Could she though? Isn't she on late duty meaning the others are done and sleeping by the end of the evening? Isn't that her job to handle instead of waking someone up to do it? I tend to think Hannah wouldn't do that even though Sandy did it to her when Kasey was sick. Shifts are staggered so they don't burn out but Hannah has taken on a lot due to Kasey's illness and now cleaning up the extra, unnecessary mess.

Hannah's primary job is to ensure that the guests have the best experience possible. She is the face of cabin service and she is "The Boss" So, it is her job to figure out how to rearrange shifts when a "crisis" happens to ensure that the guest experience is not impacted.  A better choice would have been to leave the spots and go to bed so she was fresh and ready for morning service. The guests are going to remember better service than they are the spots on rug being gone. She could have made a command decision about how to better use her time to ensure guest happiness. She could have also spoken briefly to Sandy that morning and explained the spots and her decision to tend to guest needs first. Being in charge is tough. That's why she gets more money and those extra stripes that she is so happy to flaunt in front of others. 

Kate on Below Deck also had her fair share of shitty, lazy, untrained stews - Rocky and Jen to name two. Bre was a harder worker, yet she had no training. Yet, Kate kept her shit together and the guest experience did not suffer. And as far as I remember, she kept Captain Lee informed of the issues she was having. He even participated in one of her training sessions with those two newbie stews. 

Yeah, being boss is hard and it sucks when you are faced with difficult situations and are held accountable for your performance under pressure. But again , don't like it? Don't be boss. And let's not forget that Hannah has no problem bitching about all her colleagues when she finds that they have performed below expectations. This is the same Hannah that excoriated Danny - yes, a total douche, for being too familiar with the guests and then she making out and flirting like mad with a charter guest while on charter.

And again, everybody like the money,  perks and power that come with being boss, they just don't seem to enjoy the added responsibility and accountability that come with it so much.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Kate on Below Deck also had her fair share of shitty, lazy, untrained stews - Rocky and Jen to name two. Bre was a harder worker, yet she had no training. Yet, Kate kept her shit together and the guest experience did not suffer. And as far as I remember, she kept Captain Lee informed of the issues she was having. He even participated in one of her training sessions with those two newbie stews. 

Kate's definitely come unglued, and did last season as well. The difference was that she and Captain Lee have excellent rapport on and off boat - she sees or calls him like weekly when they're not filming, definitely the closest and longest IRL personal connection on that series - and he was sympathetic from the jump to her plight, and also got dayworkers at least once to come through and clean the place while Kate focused on training. Lee saw that the interior needed support, not purely being yelled at. Casey wasn't even trainable (that we saw) during the first charter due to seasickness and is probably even greener than Jen was. Hannah's not my fave, but her situation doesn't compare neatly to Kate's -- she is undeniably less supported than Kate was. Sandy seems to not realize or care that they're effectively down a stew, and is blaming Hannah for what is essentially a staffing problem and not a management issue. I don't think on a Captain Lee boat that Casey would even still be around, or if she was, they'd have an extra hand subbing in until she was really on her feet and trained from the ground up.

• Love 19
(edited)

Having been in the Hospitality Industry before, I wanted to kick Capt. Sandy in the Womanizer for the way she upbraided Hannah for the poor breakfast service. After doing the right thing last week and standing up for her crew against that clueless, classless gaggle, she turned right around and let friendship cloud her judgement, let her friend wear shoes (why, pray tell? I hate wearing shoes!), then didn't give a crap that Hannah had to clean up black spots out of a white carpet. Nope...all she seemed to care about was looking like Ms. Big Shot in front of her friends and was mortified when Hannah wasn't there to kiss her ass.

I would slightly amend what Chickabiddy above said...had I been Hannah, I would have cleaned up the worst of the spots, covered up the rest of them by rearranging furniture and/or area rugs, and gone to bed so I could be ready for breakfast service tomorrow morning. THEN, when the guests were gone, I would have asked Capt. Sandy to please come to whatever room that was, shown her the spots on the carpet, and gently, respectfully reminded her why we don't let anyone (even friends) wear shoes on board a boat that's not ours in the first place. Then, if Capt. Sandy is half the leader she makes herself out to be, she should apologize to Hannah and Hannah can delegate clean-up to the Princess.

So...neither Hannah nor Capt. Sandy handled things well, but Capt. Sandy was "wronger" than Hannah. 

ETA: If Capt. Sandy needed an excuse to deny her friend permission, then she could just tell her "I may be captain, but this is not my ship. I am contractually bound to uphold that rule for both the crew and the guests." That way, a nameless, faceless ship owner becomes the Big Meany.

Edited by vadare
Adding a thought
  • Love 16
(edited)
14 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Kate's definitely come unglued, and did last season as well. The difference was that she and Captain Lee have excellent rapport on and off boat - she sees or calls him like weekly when they're not filming, definitely the closest and longest IRL personal connection on that series - and he was sympathetic from the jump to her plight, and also got dayworkers at least once to come through and clean the place while Kate focused on training. Lee saw that the interior needed support, not purely being yelled at. Casey wasn't even trainable (that we saw) during the first charter due to seasickness and is probably even greener than Jen was. Hannah's not my fave, but her situation doesn't compare neatly to Kate's -- she is undeniably less supported than Kate was. Sandy seems to not realize or care that they're effectively down a stew, and is blaming Hannah for what is essentially a staffing problem and not a management issue. I don't think on a Captain Lee boat that Casey would even still be around, or if she was, they'd have an extra hand subbing in until she was really on her feet and trained from the ground up.

Ok, but Hannah still had the power to make other choices about how she manged her time and her crew's time. She also would probably have a better report with Sandy had she not been sucking face with a charter guest on the late shift. 

Hannah could have also been more proactive about informing her captain of her staffing problems with her third stew. Having a 3rd stew down with ongoing illness only becomes a management problem when management (ie Hannah) does noting to be proactive about a problem It does not take a rocket scientist to see that you better alert your captain to the fact that you have a 3rd stew that can't even get out of bed on calm seas. How is that going to end well??? 

Again, Hannah needs to hold herself to the same high standards she expects from everyone else. Right now, all I see is one excuse after another for shitty performance. 

Having also done a stint in hospitality, nothing should impact the guest experience. Can't keep a clean rug AND provide a solid breakfast service, than rearrange the furniture and take care of your guests face to face.  And again, none of this explains why Hannah made the choice to order provisions for another group while another paying group was still at the breakfast table. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Most kids do laundry while away at college.  I guess Kasey sent hers out to a service?  

Kasey is from Long Island. She went to college at Stony Brook, which is also on Long Island. I bet she lived at home during college.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I am thinking the Captain can pretty much do whatever she or he wants.  Since they were unable to go out to sea, the Captain become part of the entertainment.  It is like the toast-whether it was for the Captain or a guest it should not take 15-16 minutes.  

I thought it ridiculous Hannah was focusing on the next cruise when she was listening to mishaps during the service. 

To me, Sandy is fine with her professionalism but she needs to do more follow up after assigning tasks or in other words-micromanage.  This group isn't getting the job done.

46 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Captain Lee has a story on Bravo that he suffered from seasickness his first year of yachting-I doubt he would have cut her loose. I think they need all the friction to make the show work but I wish the would focus more on the guests and stop with the ridiculous one and two day charters.

• Love 4

I think Sandy is so hard and micromanages at least Hannah after last season, both Hannah and the Chef were on thin Ice with her coming into the season and were warned. As for Sandy and the guests they are friends I am sure they invited her to all the meals,

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

Hannah could have also been more proactive about informing her captain of her staffing problems with her third stew. Having a 3rd stew down with ongoing illness only becomes a management problem when management (ie Hannah) does noting to be proactive about a problem It does not take a rocket scientist to see that you better alert your captain to the fact that you have a 3rd stew that can't even get out of bed on calm seas. How is that going to end well??? 

But Sandy DID know about the issues with Kasey. Sandy is the one who sent her to the hospital and then woke Hannah up to cover when Kasey was too sick to work. Also, Hannah was proactive in asking for Jamie's help while Kasey was down.  Sandy wasn't kept in the dark by any means. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

But Sandy DID know about the issues with Kasey. Sandy is the one who sent her to the hospital and then woke Hannah up to cover when Kasey was too sick to work. Also, Hannah was proactive in asking for Jamie's help while Kasey was down.  Sandy wasn't kept in the dark by any means. 

Sandy was kept in the dark about how hard Hannah was finding it to cope. Hannah complained more in her talking heads about how hard it was to be a stew down. We didn't see her ever asking Sandy if they could hire some temp help or asking Sandy about a plan B because she has a stew down with major sea sickness. Hannah likes to portray herself as ome worldly, sophisticated yachty with EIGHT years of experience. So, all I am asking Hannah to do take all that worldly experience and be proactive in getting the help you need,so you don't fall down on the job or have to start bawling on camera. 

I would have a bit more sympathy for Hannah if this were her first gig being a chief stew but its not. So again, you want to flaunt your rank, your experience, your worldliness  (For fuck sake she was lecturing Ben the fist  season how gauche he was to use the American term Entree instead of Mains.) I am going to hold you accountable for your fuck ups and mismanagement.

And Christ on a cracker, Hannah basically admitted that she is over this and that most people in her position have already moved on. It's like she has already owned upto just going through the paces. This is her story line for the season. The camera guys aren't helping out either by filming her more than usual with drinks and cigs in hand while chilaxing.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

While Adam has jumped leaps and bounds personality-wise this season in comparison to last, his cooking and attitude around his cooking remains mediocre. I was watching reruns earlier today and I’d forgotten how impressive Ben was, almost effortlessly. Meanwhile, Adam can’t handle some basic short order cooking for breakfast.

Joao and his alter ego was embarrassing and Brooke must be rebounding quite hard to be interested in this messthat has consistently disrespected and undermined his superiors, gotten sloppy, mean drunk, and it’s just the second charter.

Kasey is a mess and it’s really not anyone’s fault that she doesn’t understand the basics of vacuuming and laundry. I hope Kasey proves herself now that she’s no longer puking 90% of the time.

I really liked Sandy last season, but this season it feels like she came to earn her reality TV stripes and it’s just annoying and unpleasant. Also, i don’t want demonstrations with Sandy and a sex toy. Ever. 

Colin’s rap made me cringe, but he seems okay. I’m hoping for more out of Jamie because i don’t get much of an impression so far.

Hannah forgetting the salads was a boo boo(though the guests didn’t notice), Conrad not getting the smaller boat unloaded for this charter was a MAJOR boo boo, but that’s about all the complaints I have for them so far.

Agree with this. These shows always start out interesting, but by season 3 the regulars have figured out what gets air time so they just start acting like people act on every show. Some producer got in Sandy's ear that she needs to create more "drama" so she obliges. But you can tell her heart isn't in it because half the time she's smiling while she's complaining.

I think Joao had a good point about the watch, but he went about it the wrong way. What did we learn from Gene Hackman in Crimson Tide? "You have a problem, fine, pull me aside and speak to me in private. But if we're out with the crew you bite your f*ing lip." Or something like that.  As soon as Joao started being critical of Conrad in front of the crew he put Conrad in the position of having to be defensive. It wasn't the right move, but I think if he approached Conrad in private and asked him why he wasn't having a 24-hour watch, or simply suggested it or something, Conrad may have agreed to it.

I kind of like Adam this season, but after reading this thread his meals really aren't that impressive. I find it remarkable anyone can cook anything on a ship, but posters are right that he doesn't have Ben's skill. And being overwhelmed for breakfast service just seems odd.  You should be up, ready to go, for breakfast since you know it's coming.  Maybe if the guests had coffee, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, etc. waiting for them they wouldn't have put in individual orders? Or it would have at least given him time to make something while they snacked.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Why was she not consulting with Conrad about whether they needed 24 hour security and why is sh

Most likely because she thought it was completely unnecessary like Conrad did. The marina has security and the guests were in bed. 

2 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

creme brulee, a regular cake, an Italian cheescake, a fruit tart etc - a

He did do a creme  brûlée, cannoli, cream puffs, andat one point he was baking a tart shell so there was definitely things that weren’t shown. 

• Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Maybe if the guests had coffee, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, etc. waiting for them they wouldn't have put in individual orders? Or it would have at least given him time to make something while they snacked.

This is an excellent point! He could have had eggs, pancakes/waffles bacon and sausage etc in a warming drawer and a nice spread of pastries, fruit, yogurt etc laid out to greet the guests. That would have totally brought him time to heat porridge and make dry toast. And if the guests did not want the hot breakfast stuff, its cheap enough fare that it could have fed the crew. 

It's like with those damn nuts for the crazy hags. Just bring them the damn nuts already. If they are harping on it, don't make them wait for the cheese plate. Just bring the fucking nuts and tell those bitches that even more is on the way. Doing so means you defuse the situation and take away their opportunity to bitch.  Sometimes it is good thing to feed a troll. 

A little strategic thinking and planning really help to manage and head off guest requests/complaints so you make your own life a bit easier. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I really disliked how Capn Sandy chided her crew in front of her friends. Unprofessional. She clearly has it in for Hannah as perhaps she thinks it will make for a good storyline. I'd be surprised if Hannah returns to BDM after this season. Which is unfortunate. I've grown to like her. 

I think Sandy is pissed off because she didn't know until the playbacks at the reunion just how much shit the crew was getting away with behind her back. Especially unprofessional Hannah hooking up with that hot charter primary. She's gonna make Hannah pay this season. In front of the camera, so she can prove that she's nobody's fool. A little late for that, Sandypants. 

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Sandy is pissed off because she didn't know until the playbacks at the reunion just how much shit the crew was getting away with behind her back. Especially unprofessional Hannah hooking up with that hot charter primary. She's gonna make Hannah pay this season. In front of the camera, so she can prove that she's nobody's fool. A little late for that, Sandypants. 

I was just coming to post this exactly.

• Love 1