Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Biscuits

• Start Topic

On 8/3/2018 at 10:54 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

John's face during the judging of the technical was hilarious.

Yep, I cracked up at his distracted "Pigman" (TM Seinfeld) expression. Loved it; the editors must have, too--they showed it twice! Even with piggy face, John's just so pretty, and talented, and sweet. His partner's one lucky guy.

As for digestives, I lived for years in Yonkers (NY), near McLean Avenue, a famous Irish neighborhood. We used to go to a store there that sold all sorts of British stuff, too, including McVities. The plain ones are great with cheese (or even cream cheese) and the chocolate ones? Mmm. Supermarkets in our section of the city also sold them. Alas, I can't get 'em here in Mystic--and now I want to try the Tunnock's tea cakes, too.  Time to place an order, methinks.

• Love 3
On 8/19/2018 at 2:48 AM, spaceghostess said:

Yep, I cracked up at his distracted "Pigman" (TM Seinfeld) expression. Loved it; the editors must have, too--they showed it twice! Even with piggy face, John's just so pretty, and talented, and sweet. His partner's one lucky guy.

As for digestives, I lived for years in Yonkers (NY), near McLean Avenue, a famous Irish neighborhood. We used to go to a store there that sold all sorts of British stuff, too, including McVities. The plain ones are great with cheese (or even cream cheese) and the chocolate ones? Mmm. Supermarkets in our section of the city also sold them. Alas, I can't get 'em here in Mystic--and now I want to try the Tunnock's tea cakes, too.  Time to place an order, methinks.

Hi, I now live in North Riverdale, just south of Yonkers. Can you please tell me the name of the store? Also, we were just in Ireland for the first time this summer and re mad for soda bread, do you have a good source for that s well?

• Love 1
On 9/3/2018 at 11:50 AM, NYCFree said:

Hi, I now live in North Riverdale, just south of Yonkers. Can you please tell me the name of the store? Also, we were just in Ireland for the first time this summer and re mad for soda bread, do you have a good source for that s well?

PM'd you! :)

• Love 1

I found it funny when Paul said that Brendan's presentation "was a bit much". Funny because we know in future seasons the presentations are going to get way more "much" than that! Everything will get more cute, whimsical, decorated. Brendan has nothing on Frances!

Edited by snarktini
  • Love 3

When I saw this episode, I immediately wanted to use the tea cakes concept for my entry at our state fair. However, I knew it couldn't be a "cake" - it had to be all candy. So I modified it using the same silicon molds with chocolate shell and marshmallow filling. But instead of the digestive biscuit, I made a rolled peanut butter layer. 

Long story, short: I won BEST IN SHOW! Whoo hoo! Thanks, BBO!

IMG_8272.JPG.0dceae16f7034dba499f0c970aa6cc7b.JPGIMG_8307.JPG.af36cb2beefc4ece973b55f5aebf37fe.JPG

Edited by Ruprecht
  • Love 14