Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: Week 1: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

Notice how she got a tattoo, but of course it's of a cross.  It's like trying to do rebellious things but doing the most G rated versions of them.

I like her cross tattoo. Christ was seen as a rebel in his day.  That's why they killed him. 

I think Colton is the guy that was dating Tia up the beginnng of filming Becca’s season. He seems great so far, but if the Tia story is true I would be wary.  

If Tia worms her way onto this show because of Colton I am going to be very angry.

• Love 10
(edited)

I didn't think the FRC dress did Be-CAW any favors, bust-wise. J/S.

I thought for sure Tattle-Tale Chris R. would be done for, but he squeaked in there. Good thing Blue Steel Jordan got a rose, too, else it would have been "bad for Becca." Mowgli Leo and the Chicken ---in like Flynn! But WTHeck is Top-Knot Mike the Blond?!

'Bye, Chicago Joe; back to the groceries and THE Bears. Chase got chased out (See what I did there? Definition of "lame"!).

But no more handsome Kamil? He was "really, really, really embarrassed." "I lost to a chicken, man. I mean, come on." I guess he really goofed early on, asking for that 60%!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Kendra143 said:

I think Colton is the guy that was dating Tia up the beginnng of filming Becca’s season. He seems great so far, but if the Tia story is true I would be wary. 

Eh.  I don't remember any of these guys, but so what if he was dating Tia?  I don't care because they're all in it for the publicity.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jette said:

I wonder if long-haired Leo also does stunts for women in long shots? Those are some gorgeous tresses - my curls aren't nearly as ringlet-y!

He reminded me a bit of Jason Momoa.

And, did you all know there's a model in the cast!?!?!?!

• Love 5

Oh, come on, DEL901 - next you'll be saying there's a personal trainer or two in the bunch as well...

• Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

This is just starting and I realize how much I need this cheesy, corny and yes, fun show in my life right now. Looking forward to a hot-guy-filled season. I'm staying unspoiled with plans to just enjoy the scenery.

Me too.  I have plans to just enjoy what I can.  My life has been way too full of complaining and angst this past year. 

I love the chartreuse couches.  

12 hours ago, nutty1 said:

The girls’ group chat was cute. I really like JoJo more than I ever did when she was the lead. Guessing they still don’t care too much for Kaitlyn. We heard her say one thing. 

I agree.  It might have been that Kaitlyn just didn't give them good footage.  She was pretty quiet on the couch when Rachael and Jojo were talking.  She was correct, burning sage smells like weed.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I like her cross tattoo. Christ was seen as a rebel in his day.  That's why they killed him. 

Love this.  I was raised by agnostic/atheists.  My dad used to say Jesus was probably a hell of a nice guy and a renegade.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

tpplay, I know what I call "lame":  Lack of true wit or intelligence; bland or childish  personality.

Mini-van Garrett got a rose! Yay!

11 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I'm surprised to see that Colton is a favorite in this thread. He came off as disingenuous to me. Also he looks like Becca's ex who made an appearance last season and who's name I've forgotten.

I liked Garrett too. I get his sense of humor and he looks easy, yet fun to get along with.

Garrett's opening package put me off and then this story on HuffPo https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bachelorette-premiere-garrett-yrigoyen_us_5b0837d9e4b0fdb2aa5342b6 would definitely make me wary of him being a longer term good match for Becca who has been more outspoken on her social media about her liberal beliefs.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If so, there's a famous character on SNL that Chris Farley did, Matt Foley (?), some unemployed guy who liked to give people motivational speeches and his famous catchphrase was "I live in a VANNNN..... down by the RIVER!"

Yes, it was Matt Foley Garrett was imitating. And during the fly fishing segment, he added "down by the river" to the end of his pitch to be on the show.

• Love 3
(edited)

Rachel, JoJo, and Kaitlyn all looked so different. And not in a good way. They've all lost so much weight, particularly Kaitlyn. She's wasting away. 

I already love Colton. What a cutie. 

A part of me thinks Blake is adorable and the other part gets a creepy vibe from him.

I love Jordan. He's precisely the type of guy I watch this show to see lol.

I don't really like Garret. His goofiness seemed fake to me. Or something. I don't know, I just didn't get a good vibe from him. Also, he's ugly lol.

I liked some of the others like Ryan (I think), the guy with the accent (just because he's the best looking guy there and he has an accent), chicken suit guy, but we didn't see enough of most of the guys for me to really form opinions yet.

I really liked Joe a lot, so I'm bummed he's gone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:
12 hours ago, TomGirl said:

And don’t forget, he’s not just a model, he’s a MALE model.  (Why do they do that?  It’s like calling a female physician a “lady doctor.”  Very 1950s.)

Because even in 2018, the majority of models are still women, so that's still considered the default gender. 

That's hilarious. Because if he didn't specify he's a MALE model, we'd all assume he's a woman. That could be an interesting drama-filled twist, a first for even this show.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kendra143 said:

Dammit!

Also, I forgot to mention that one of these guys, the one on the bull (or whatever it was) maybe, which was that Blake? Anyway, his pants were SO short and my mom always tells me not to trust a guy with short pants. So if it was Blake that's probably why he gives me a creepy vibe.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

If Tia worms her way onto this show because of Colton I am going to be very angry.

Who is Tia? I watch every season but don't remember a Tia. Help, please!

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really liked Joe a lot, so I'm bummed he's gone.

I liked him, too.  Lots of love for Joe on this site!  Has there ever been a contestant who was sent home on the first night who had such a following?

Also, did you notice that when Joe told Becca he had a “little grocery store” her reply was, “How cute!”  She acted like he owned a sidewalk pretzel stand.  (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either!)

• Love 9

Thanks Wings. Now I remember Tia. You just needed to mention "Arkansas"! Any scoopage on how Colton met her?

7 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Also, did you notice that when Joe told Becca he had a “little grocery store” her reply was, “How cute!”  She acted like he owned a sidewalk pretzel stand.  (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either!)

His mistake was telling her he owned a little neighborhood store and that he used to sell watermelons. If he owned some grocery franchise with 500 stores, my guess is he'd still be there.

• Love 5

The good:

I thought the basketball dunk and game was great. 

Loved Colton. What a cutie.

Think Clay and Conor could be dark horses. 

She seemed very into Blake and he is a frontrunner.

I get why she liked Garrett - he just seemed down to earth. 

The bad:

Cologne guy. Ugh.

The chicken suit. Just not into it.

I didn't understand her need to dismiss Minneapolis guy right then when the rose ceremony was coming up. Just embarrassed him extra. 

The ugly:

I'm over this "wrong reason" crap. I wanted both Chase and Chris to be out.

Jordan - aka suit guy/model - what an ass. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I'm surprised to see that Colton is a favorite in this thread. He came off as disingenuous to me. Also he looks like Becca's ex who made an appearance last season and who's name I've forgotten.

I liked Garrett too. I get his sense of humor and he looks easy, yet fun to get along with.

I think you meant to say disingenuine, right @dizzyd?

• Love 3

Im going to agree with Dizzyd in being surprised so many were into Colton. He gave such a player vibe to me. Complete turnoff (although I realize most are prob players). 

I forgot about Fabio-lite until reading the boards. He did have fabulous hair and I think I might have had to run my fingers through it. But his face was just alright for me. lol

I also cannot get past Chris tattletale dude. Gosh he really does look so much like that boy band guy (sorry I didnt follow any boy bands closely so I cannot think of the name).

Overall, I like Becca. I thnk she will make a decent Bachelorette.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Wings said:

Me too.  I have plans to just enjoy what I can.  My life has been way too full of complaining and angst this past year. 

I love the chartreuse couches.  

I agree.  It might have been that Kaitlyn just didn't give them good footage.  She was pretty quiet on the couch when Rachael and Jojo were talking.  She was correct, burning sage smells like weed.  

I always thought sage smelled like a man's stinky pits. Nothing like weed. I thought Kaitlin meant it looked like a big joint. And if she said inappropriate things, why did they let it go when what's-her-face saged Becca's pussy? I need to go back and watch again because they bleeped it out and she was saging that general area. That one irritates me now. She thought she was cute when she said they could fuck off with that big gap toothed smile. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

I also cannot get past Chris tattletale dude. Gosh he really does look so much like that boy band guy (sorry I didnt follow any boy bands closely so I cannot think of the name).

Danny Wood from New Kids on the Block. I said the same in my post. 

• Love 5

I just looked through (shirtless) pics of all the guys on TMZ's site. Almost all of them looked handsome and ... let's say nice eye candy. My problem is, I don't remember seeing almost any of them last night. I hope the handsomeness comes out in the next episode. I did think one guy resembled a taller Matt Damon, but for the life of me I don't know his name.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I just looked through (shirtless) pics of all the guys on TMZ's site. Almost all of them looked handsome and ... let's say nice eye candy. My problem is, I don't remember seeing almost any of them last night. I hope the handsomeness comes out in the next episode. I did think one guy resembled a taller Matt Damon, but for the life of me I don't know his name.

Just a word of warning, TMZ spoiled this season's outcome last week, so don't go there if you don't want to be accidentally spoiled.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Just a word of warning, TMZ spoiled this season's outcome last week, so don't go there if you don't want to be accidentally spoiled.

Thanks Chocolatine. I should have noted that. One has to be careful going to almost any site these days.

Edited by saber5055
47 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

I also cannot get past Chris tattletale dude.

What did he tattle and to whom? 

26 minutes ago, Happy Belly said:

Can we please get rid of Mr. Male Model and bring back Joe the Grocer? He is adorable..Joe not Mr. Male Model.

Joe the grocer was adorable but I was not surprised to see him go.   He sounded like the cast of Sopranos and just not her type. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm over this "wrong reason" crap. I wanted both Chase and Chris to be out.

Me too! Oh, and as much as Jordan acts like Zoolander, Chris looks like him to me. I can't unsee the resemblance, so I kinda expected him to be full of himself. (Apologies to Ben Stiller, who may be a lovely man).  It didn't surprise me at all that Chris felt he could single-handedly eliminate Chase. Too bad it worked!

Edited by jette
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Wings said:

What did he tattle and to whom? 

Tattle Tale Chris is friends with one of Chase's former girlfriends (both guys are from the Orlando area).    When she saw Chase on the "After the final rose" (he was one of the five shown that night), she texted Chris and let him know that Chase was a "wrong reason guy".  Chris decided to tell Chase that he knew he was a "wrong reason guy" after talking to a few of the other guys.  Then Chase made things worse for himself and went to tell Becca about this ex and what her story was before Chris got to Becca.   He didn't do a good job so Becca sent him packing by not giving him a rose.

Edited by CindyBee
20 minutes ago, jette said:

It didn't surprise me at all that Chris felt he could single-handedly eliminate Chase. Too bad it worked!

Haha, they are so similar I thought the tattle tale was booted and the other one stayed. Not that it matters. I wouldn't have given either of them long in the competition.

I'm glad Chicken Suit stayed. I like him. He seems fun. Glad she kept a nice variety of eye candy too. Did the dude with the accent make it? I don't know his name nor can I describe him other than I want to bath in that accent. Can't say I was sorry to see anyone go since I don't know who anyone is yet and only a few made any impression, most good, Model, not good at all. He's the only one I actively dislike at the moment.

I liked Becca's reactions to the guys coming out. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I also appreciate that she remembered some of their names because lord knows I wouldn't have. (clearly, since I call them things like Chicken Suit and Model, wait, that should be MALE Model, so as not to confuse him with a female model.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, atomsH20 said:

Garrett's opening package put me off and then this story on HuffPo https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bachelorette-premiere-garrett-yrigoyen_us_5b0837d9e4b0fdb2aa5342b6 would definitely make me wary of him being a longer term good match for Becca who has been more outspoken on her social media about her liberal beliefs.

And ABC just canceled Roseanne.  I know all this was pre-recorded, but deleting his Insta might not have been just his idea.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Tattle Tale Chris is friends with one of Chase's former girlfriends (both guys are from the Orlando area).    When she saw Chase on the "After the final rose" (he was one of the five shown that night), she texted Chris and let him know that Chase was a "wrong reason guy".  Chris decided to tell Chase that he knew he was a "wrong reason guy" after talking to a few of the other guys.  Then Chase made things worse for himself and went to tell Becca about this ex and what her story was before Chris got to Becca.   He didn't do a good job so Becca sent him packing by not giving him a rose.

I have to go back and look.  I was texting with 2 friends and I should have not done that!  

(edited)
1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

I thought tattletale Chris looked like Eddie Menuek from Friends (Adam Goldberg). So much so that I would have eliminated him just for that lol.

OMG I was thinking the same thing!  

Left is Adam Goldberg, who was Chandler's roommate on Friends for a few episodes.  Right is tattletale Chris (although I'm in the camp of one who thinks he did the right thing in this case)

Adam.jpg.2a9486d825bcda02f8470ee2a7b861fd.jpgChris.thumb.jpg.cc75c94a8c7acd0173cb37b46f0a0147.jpg

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, atomsH20 said:

Oh, crumb bums. This is like finding out Santa Claus isn't real. (Not that all that much on this show is real.) Garrett is now dead to me (TM Mr. Wonderful). I hope he gets sent home stat. He's the second coming of Lee. Therefore, I'm looking for him to be Becca's favorite and TPTB will want him to stay. You know, for the drah-mah. Thanks for that link, Atomsh20.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Oh, crumb bums. This is like finding out Santa Claus isn't real. (Not that all that much on this show is real.) Garrett is now dead to me (TM Mr. Wonderful). I hope he gets sent home stat. He's the second coming of Lee. Therefore, I'm looking for him to be Becca's favorite and TPTB will want him to stay. You know, for the drah-mah. Thanks for that link, Atomsh20.

I don't know. We will see.  I personally have been treated with far more respect by conservative guys than liberal guys, and I'm a minority.  I've learned to stay away from men who constantly talk about how much they support feminism (i.e. it's all lies and these are the most manipulative men).  Becca will figure out for herself whether Garrett is the right man for her.  If she is passionate about politics, then I'm sure she will discuss it at some point with the guys, though I doubt this discussion would be shown on camera.  

Jordan (did you guys know he's a model?) must be a producer plant...at least I hope so.  He's obnoxious and I'm a bit surprised he's a model.  He's attractive in a bland sort of way, but lacks the "wow" factor that I would expect a male model to have.  He looks like a typical college guy.....not ugly, but nothing special.  He thinks a bit too much of himself, but he will probably be the only one to infuse drama into this bland season.

• Love 12

Thanks PhysNerd. You made me feel better about Garrett. As for Jordan being a Male Model, Peter from Rachel's season was a model with actual "model" photos of him online, plus he wore one of his "model suits" to the first night. I need to see if Jordan's portfolio is online anywhere. If I ever get the energy to google search.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

A male model at that...in case you didn't notice he's a male :)

• Love 2

My dark, wrong reasons heart is here for every minute of the vapid, narcissistic, low-IQ model and the dudes who dramatically appoint themselves as the wrong reasons police. Monday nights are my comedy during Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Thanks PhysNerd. You made me feel better about Garrett. As for Jordan being a Male Model, Peter from Rachel's season was a model with actual "model" photos of him online, plus he wore one of his "model suits" to the first night. I need to see if Jordan's portfolio is online anywhere. If I ever get the energy to google search.

No problem.  The conservative men I dated had similar social media activity as Garrett and did plenty of volunteer work helping people of all races and backgrounds in real life.  The liberal men, however, preached about helping others but never lifted a finger.  Again, I'm speaking only of the men I know.  

Here is a link to Jordan's model profile: https://www.modelmayhem.com/4227737

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, PhysNerd said:

I personally have been treated with far more respect by conservative guys than liberal guys, and I'm a minority.

I was trying to make a list in my head and I finally came to the conclusion that I've been treated equally badly by people of all political leanings, including Libertarian.   

I find Jordan hilarious, so I hope he lasts until the bitter end.     

I'll keep watching, though I may be watching with a small group, as apparently last night's ratings were the lowest ever for a premiere in the franchise, down 22 percent in the all-important 18-49 age group.  (I've never quite understood why viewers 50 and above are considered less valuable.)    

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 6

I actually forgot that this premiered last night, but fortunately my trusty DVR remembered...

I liked the episode and enjoyed many of the men.  There seem to be several who at least appear to be genuine.  I don't normally love all the athletes, but last night's selection (2 FB and 1BB) was great as all three seemed like nice guys.  And, like others, the BB dunk over Becca was fabulous.

I am ready for the journey to find Becca's husband.  Oh, and I still don't care for Kaitlyn...

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

last night's ratings were the lowest ever for a premiere in the franchise, down 22 percent 

Could be because it was Memorial Day.  Not sure what brainiac at ABC decided that a national holiday that usually involves picnics, barbecues and parades was a great time to air it.

Had it not been for my DVR, which was already set from last season to record "all new" episodes of the franchise, I'd have forgotten.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

My dark, wrong reasons heart is here for every minute of the vapid, narcissistic, low-IQ model and the dudes who dramatically appoint themselves as the wrong reasons police. Monday nights are my comedy during Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons.

Right! Like I always say, this is the best comedy on TV.

• Love 8