Type keyword(s) to search

The Boondocks - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Surfing the web and saw this:

The Boondocks

HBO Max
Aaron MacGruder's hilarious Adult Swim anime-inspired staple is getting rebooted for HBO's streaming service on a two-season order and a 50-minute special. Details are light, but we do know that Granddad and his grandsons, Riley and Huey, will have to deal with the neo-Nazis that have established a tyrannical regime in their comfortable suburb. The Boondocks never tiptoed around its bold leftist and racial politics, and we can't wait to see what's in store with MacGruder back as showrunner after stepping away from Season 4

• Love 1
(edited)

HBO Max will stream the 55 episodes of the original Boondocks show from Adult Swim as well as a new 50-minute special and two new seasons, 24-episodes, of the re-imagined Boondocks show that could possibly air as early as the fall of this year.

A deleted tweet from Trafon on May 17 said:

To the people worried about the Boondocks revival on HBO Max being without John Witherspoon due to his passing, they recorded both ordered seasons of content with him before his unfortunate passing. So that's very good to know.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Heads up: Adult Swim is running a Boondocks marathon tomorrow night, and it will start with three seldom-seen episodes. Here's the lineup:

12:00 AM The Hunger Strike

12:30 AM The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show

01:00 AM Pause

01:30 AM Granddad's Fight

02:00 AM The Return of the King

02:30 AM The Story of Thugnificent

03:00 AM The Fund-Raiser

03:30 AM The Color Ruckus

• Useful 1
(edited)

Quick question before I post the episodes in the marathon for tomorrow night . . . what is the status of the HBO Max series? I'm still thinking it might be the best idea in the world. I mean, it would be better than S4 . . . but anything would be better than S4.

12:00 AM The Story of Gangstalicious

12:30 AM The Return of the King

1:00 AM ...Or Die Trying

01:30 AM The Hunger Strike

02:00 AM The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show

02:30 AM The Fund-Raiser

03:00 AM Pause

Edited by Lantern7
On 1/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, Lantern7 said:

Quick question before I post the episodes in the marathon for tomorrow night . . . what is the status of the HBO Max series? I'm still thinking it might be the best idea in the world. I mean, it would be better than S4 . . . but anything would be better than S4.

12:00 AM The Story of Gangstalicious

12:30 AM The Return of the King

1:00 AM ...Or Die Trying

01:30 AM The Hunger Strike

02:00 AM The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show

02:30 AM The Fund-Raiser

03:00 AM Pause

Hoping for it to drop this year