Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Becoming Captain

• Start Topic

The coast guard rescue was good.  

But yeah, Douche Harris suddenly being able to interpret his dad's logbooks to find crab was too much.   I'mm surprised they didn't have him out on deck (with cameras of course) sniffing for crab farts.   Look Phil Harris was a good captain.   But he came back empty a few times too.   He wasn't some kind of crab whisperer that never had a bad season.

• Love 9

There was a stupid house flipping show I seen a few weeks ago and one other the guys "falls" out the window and lands in the dumpster they had there. Only that show made is believe he "landed" on a mattress they throw away. This show makes us think they guy fell what did they say 13/15 feet. Please. We did see the guy at the bottom we didn't see the people help him out. This show needs to work on making there fake shit subtle not this blatant crap.

Lol the book of Phil Harris. Yeah you just seemed to have this book that you never mentioned or used before. Super real bro. Casey needs to push him overboard.

It seems like we haven't seen alot of wild Bill. Wonder why.

Oh Jake I don't know if this is a character you are playing or the real you but if it's real no one is ever going to respect your paranoid ass. Let alone think that they need to earn your respect. If it is a character why would you want to play the unstable man baby. People and maybe even captions will think it's real and not won't anything to do with a crazy person. Being the hard ass/asshole (Keith, Bill) is very different than a petulant child.

• Love 1
(edited)

Those producers have got to be reading opinions of the CM online.  Last night, one of the little pop-ups said that Casey and Josh sometimes go out on deck to help when they're short-handed.  They SAY it; we haven't seen it.

Editing was atrocious on scenes with Josh last night.  On what looked like it was supposed to be one day, he was totally clean shaven except for his 1/4" inch "beard line" from one camera angle, the cheeks were half-grown out in another, and it was almost completely grown out in yet another.  Plus the times of day through the window didn't match AT ALL.

It just feels that when Josh mentions Phil, it's a contrived storyline referring back to the skill of Phil Harris, whose son is a poor reflection of him.  When Sean mentions his father, it seems honestly respectful AND APPRECIATIVE. 

ETA:  I was confused with pot counts, too.  They said that Josh and Casey were finishing up their bairdi fishing, and Josh was mugging and screaming for the camera about pots with 45+.  (Those looked more like king crab to me, and 45 would have been impressive; not so much for bairdi).  And then we see Edgar hauling in pots of 250 bairdi with his adorable grin - which signifies extreme happiness.  Hey, Sig.  Leave the little brother alone.  He knows what he's doing!!!

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Those producers have got to be reading opinions of the CM online.  Last night, one of the little pop-ups said that Casey and Josh sometimes go out on deck to help when they're short-handed.  They SAY it; we haven't seen it.

Editing was atrocious on scenes with Josh last night.  On what looked like it was supposed to be one day, he was totally clean shaven except for his 1/4" inch "beard line" from one camera angle, the cheeks were half-grown out in another, and it was almost completely grown out in yet another.  Plus the times of day through the window didn't match AT ALL.

It just feels that when Josh mentions Phil, it's a contrived storyline referring back to the skill of Phil Harris, whose son is a poor reflection of him.  When Sean mentions his father, it seems honestly respectful AND APPRECIATIVE. 

ETA:  I was confused with pot counts, too.  They said that Josh and Casey were finishing up their bairdi fishing, and Josh was mugging and screaming for the camera about pots with 45+.  (Those looked more like king crab to me, and 45 would have been impressive; not so much for bairdi).  And then we see Edgar hauling in pots of 250 bairdi with his adorable grin - which signifies extreme happiness.  Hey, Sig.  Leave the little brother alone.  He knows what he's doing!!!

I was pretty sure that the CM was finishing king crab and that was what they said.

I would bet that Casey will help on deck, Josh?  Not so much unless the camera is there to film it and Casey has threatened him.  I can do without Josh.  Call complete BS on Phil's logs.  No way.

• Love 4
(edited)

Why are they still trying to make Josh happen? He's a lazy doucheknuckle who mugs for the camera, and tries desperately to sell the Harris legacy. No doubt Captain Phil was a good fisherman, but we're talking about fishing here. It's  a job for men, and not thirsty fame whores. 

And let's talk about Jake. Could he be anymore up his own ass? His arrogance astounds me. He has one good fishing season and suddenly he's the master of all. He needs to take it down a few, because usually his decisions are epic failures that leave him screeching until his voice his hoarse, and his eyes are bugging out of his head. 

Sean continues to impress me. He's a young captain but level-headed, fair, and seems very humble. Hopefully the cameras in his face doesn't change that for him. Fame has a weird way of messing with these young men and their egos. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I noticed this too.  It was almost enough to make me rewind to double check but I went back to fast forwarding thru the the Josh portions since I'd watched the episode on Sunday on Discovery.  

I think that the CM was still fishing for Kings.  The Northwestern had finished their King quota and were working on bairdi before the break before starting opies.  I have a feeling we'll get a bunch of Keith and the Wizard (and that cliffy medical verdict finally) and the Saga with Wild Bill heavily in the second half.

• Love 2

I'm so sick of the Josh Harris keeping Phil's legacy alive thing. Ugh. Enough already. He's a douchecanoe and I want to slap that stupid hat and facial hair off him. And that crap with the log books. Suuuuure. Whatever. 

The Coast Guard is made of awesome. Those pilots and swimmers and flight mechs are the best. My husband, who is a pilot, is always blown away by the flying they do. 

• Love 5