Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: And He Shall Be a Good Man

On ‎05‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:34 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I had to laugh when Chase's entire reaction to the Liv Is Renegade documentary was "Is that Paul Rudd narrating?"

That was hilarious. " Paul Rudd? He's a good get."

Bye Bye Jason Dohring. This role was never good enough for you, but I'll miss your pretty face.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, marcee said:

It felt a bit like a reset.

Definitely, they got rid of a lot of dead weight in the finale with all things considered.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, marcee said:

am disappointed that the cure required the ENTIRE BRAIN - not sure how that made sense, but plot.

I wondered how Dale could possibly feel up to eating ice cream-- or sexy time with Clive-- that soon after eating an ENTIRE BRAIN! I mean, I get that it's totally worth it, but I think your stomach would be feeling not-so-great for quite awhile after...

• Love 3

At first, I thought that the zombie cult had some potential. I thought that showing how a religious group dealt with the dead literally rising could be interesting and could lead to some interesting world building. But then Brother Love took over and became yet another stupid crazy religious villain. Glad it’s done. 

• Love 5

Given that Blaine is going to be working with Major they better not put the Peyton love triangle back on the table. I really love Ravi and Peyton, I think there the only couple I like and I really don’t like anything about Blaine.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Teitr Styrr said:

I liked it. My only complaint is that it seems Blaine really did drink the Angus koolaid. I honestly thought Blaine was setting him up for something horrendous. Oh well, rest I enjoyed.

It would've been better if that was all his set up to get rid of him and his cult.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I wondered how Dale could possibly feel up to eating ice cream-- or sexy time with Clive-- that soon after eating an ENTIRE BRAIN! I mean, I get that it's totally worth it, but I think your stomach would be feeling not-so-great for quite awhile after...

I don't recall them giving any indication of how much time had lapsed.  Could have had time to digest.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, rabidchipmnk said:

Am I in the minority that I REALLY HATED this finale? 

1) Liv's hot boyfriend dies. Again.  Like the other two, and like I called from the second it became evident they were going to bone (so like, 12 seconds after he was introduced).  Lazy.  I suspect they're doing it to get to a Liv/Major endgame and I really dislike that, which is probably why I feel so strongly about that.

2) If I may put on my scientist hat: OMG, RAVI, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF THE BRAIN SHE NEEDS TO EAT. THE FUCK. YOUR SAMPLE SIZE IS N=1.  YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THE BRAIN CURES PEOPLE, THEREFORE YOU CANNOT KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOSE IS NEEDED TO CURE.  WHY WOULDN'T YOU GIVE INCREMENTAL DOSES TO SEE HOW MUCH IS NECESSARY.

3) With the scientist hat still on: okay, so like, if I'm understanding this (really bad medical research) correctly... he had Isabel's brain, and like, put it in blue juice and ran a current through it and then they got a gelatin brain of a different color, by magic.  But you actually literally have no idea how many brains might be immune.  Has anyone ever been scratched and not turned?  Did anyone who got the vaccine not turn? But of course *most* people who die as humans will not have been scratched by zombies, so you have absolutely no idea whether they may have immunity. You have no data!  And if eating the brain cures people, *maybe* start by doing that procedure to *all* brains you come across and see if they turn orange, since *handwaving* Isabel's blood work showed nothing unusual?  Maybe there are more immune/curing brains out there?  How would you even know?

I'm not even that kind of scientist, but I think I understand biological research well enough to know that this is particularly bad (and has been the whole time with the cure/vaccine/whatever), and for some reason it really really really annoys me, possibly the most ever even though this is a show about zombies.  (Ravi is my favorite though, it's not his fault).

4) I am completely not understanding how Major is now in charge. Wasn't he in exile like 8 seconds ago and everyone was following Chase's orders and raiding his hotel room? But... he's prom king, so he gets to be the leader? 

5) Writing your own wedding vows that are 60% "we're getting married but I'm super sad we won't have kids" is weird and dumb.

6) I *really* hope Clive tactfully broke up with Michelle, then.  ...but still, that's kind of a dick move, in her/your place of work.

Although I liked the finale (at least in comparison with the rest of the season), I completely agree with your points 2-6. Regarding your point 1, I was a big rooter for Liv and Major for most of the last few seasons and only felt it could no longer work after the events of this season--including both the out-of-character writing for Major and the Liv and Levon romance (which seemed more like a shared passion for a cause than a great love). Still, the comment Liv made in this episode implying that she knows that he is good despite some of his recent actions, as well as Peyton's throwaway line in one of the recent episodes about Liv and Major loving each other, signaled to me that with Levon out of the way and Major in a position to redeem himself next season will include Liv and Major as endgame. I wouldn't be opposed to that if they do it right.

• Love 7

I really hope the series ends with mass deployment of a real zombie cure / vaccine. Maybe someone like Ravi could take up the job after Liv since he's a zombie once a month. 

• Love 1
On 5/30/2018 at 2:23 AM, rabidchipmnk said:

That's a really good question you bring up: why don't they freeze people?  If there's going to be a brain shortage, why not take volunteers to get frozen?  I'm sure some people would even *want* to be frozen, so they can live forever and see future cars.  It's not actually that dire a situation re: brains, it's really limited by freezer space, isn't it?  And then get the CDC on it to do some *actual* sciencing (/handwaving nonsense).  But at least they'd have access to more brains to study.

Considering how many bodies Major could pack into a freezer back when he was the Chaos Chiller, freezer space shouldn't be an issue. But, nobody's going to go for this unless they can trust FG.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Considering how many bodies Major could pack into a freezer back when he was the Chaos Chiller, freezer space shouldn't be an issue. But, nobody's going to go for this unless they can trust FG.

And the government in general. Trust the government in general? 

On 5/29/2018 at 8:20 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

One nitpick: when Liv said that she rescued herself, I was like wellllllll, kind of, but if not for everyone outside working together to pry open the warehouse door which resulted in Major running in to provide a pretty big distraction, she wouldn't have decapitated Chase. I mean, yes, she's the one who actually pulled the trigger but if not for the crowd and Major, she would have been executed. Props to her for taking advantage of the situation but I'd say that was a team effort.

That bugged me, too. Tone the ego down a little there, Liv - it was only because of the distraction that you managed it. She would have been gone quickly, if it hadn't been for them.

I liked the finale, and I liked Levon, so I'm sad that he's gone. Nice to look at, and a decent guy. I figured they would kill him off, but I no longer want to see Liv and Major together. Especially not after he kidnapped her. I hate it when shows toy with hooking them up, breaking them up, hooking them up again. It's even worse in these shows where people can be undead, and somehow magically be alive the next episode, then dead again, then alive. WTF? 

The wedding was cute. I knew Liv would give the brain away. I liked the video of Dale's first spoonful of ice cream, as a human again. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 30/05/2018 at 4:23 PM, rabidchipmnk said:

2) If I may put on my scientist hat: OMG, RAVI, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW MUCH OF THE BRAIN SHE NEEDS TO EAT. THE FUCK. YOUR SAMPLE SIZE IS N=1.  YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THE BRAIN CURES PEOPLE, THEREFORE YOU CANNOT KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOSE IS NEEDED TO CURE.  WHY WOULDN'T YOU GIVE INCREMENTAL DOSES TO SEE HOW MUCH IS NECESSARY.

3) With the scientist hat still on: okay, so like, if I'm understanding this (really bad medical research) correctly... he had Isabel's brain, and like, put it in blue juice and ran a current through it and then they got a gelatin brain of a different color, by magic.  But you actually literally have no idea how many brains might be immune.  H

I'm tired of griping about the science because I really love this show. But the science has been really woeful from the beginning. And this really bugged me! Ravi has found someone immune and realises that her brain is a cure. Does he try to find out what about this brain is different? No, he just feeds it to a friend! Tearing my hair out over here.

Having said that, I enjoyed this episode and this season even if I'm tired of Liv falling madly in love each time and losing them each time. I couldn't even remember this one's name.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 5
On 5/28/2018 at 10:26 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

ends the Zombie Messiah storyline with a whimper, not a bang.

Other than the ones into Angus' head!

On 5/30/2018 at 12:50 PM, Free said:

Definitely, they got rid of a lot of dead weight in the finale with all things considered.

And the undead weight!

• Love 3

I hated that Liv gave Isobel's brain to Bozzio.  Of course I want Clive and Bozzio to be happy together, but Isobel specifically wanted Liv to eat her brain.

Good to see Chase finally extinguished, as well as Blaine's annoying "prophet" dad.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I wanted that annoying French guy to bite the dust too, but he seems to still be alive unless I missed something.  What was with the reddish-purple color around the Prophet's eyes, anyway?  Some zombies seem to have that and others don't.  Liv used to have it but now she doesn't.  There's a very un-uniform look to the zombies and I don't like it.  I've started assuming that the ones with purple eyebags are not getting as much food, but Blaine's dad should have been pretty well fed.  Whatever!  And somebody needs to burn the cheap white wigs.

Of course Liv's current boyfriend-of-the-season had to die.  Whatever!

Liv's involvement as Renegade really bugged.  She seems ready to call other people out for things they did wrong, as she did with Major in this episode, but not to admit that her own choices seriously endangered all her friends and brought in new zombies that couldn't be fed or taken care of and would have to live in the dangerous environment of New Seattle.  Gah!

• Love 4

Someone please explain to me why Ravi couldn't use Isobel's brain to create more of a cure?!  I get that it was something in her brain that caused it but he was able to replicate so many other things, why not the chemical compounds of her brain?

• Love 1
On 6/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, Blue Plastic said:

What was with the reddish-purple color around the Prophet's eyes, anyway?  Some zombies seem to have that and others don't.  Liv used to have it but now she doesn't.  There's a very un-uniform look to the zombies and I don't like it.  I've started assuming that the ones with purple eyebags are not getting as much food, but Blaine's dad should have been pretty well fed.  Whatever!  And somebody needs to burn the cheap white wigs.

That's the zombie's natural look.  At least for white people turned into zombies.  It was never clear what happens to black people.  The normal looking people dye their hair and spray tan.

6 hours ago, jhlipton said:

PLOT!!!!!

Basically this, they had 1 more season and they needed to keep Liv a zombie, at the same time, this was to help Bozzio and by extension Clive.

• Love 1

Peyton, you idiot. Why would you come back?

WHAT? Justin? Other expendable boyfriend?

I know we're supposed to care about Liv because she's our protagonist but it's hard to have sympathy with all the dumb decisions everyone's been making. This is her own fault. No one forced her to run a human smuggling ring. It would have made more sense for her to do something to help hungry zombies than bringing in all these outside humans the audience never connected with.

What is this documentary? DID she understand the stakes??? 

Also, LOL LOL LOL a whole 200,000 people watched a documentary? Why didn't you say so? *eyeroll* Also, I can't believe they expect people to care about this dumbass documentary shot by Levon. It sounds terrible.

Now Chase is easily swayed by Hobbes for... reasons?

Wait, Blaine wasn't just manipulating him? All that lovey-dovey father son stuff Angus was spouting really got to him? And boy, Angus turned back into his old self really easily. 

So Frenchie set us Angus and the church to be killed?

Are you serious? Why only hit Major? Why not let all the zombies go into rage mode? 

Liv killed Chase. So it's okay for her to do? And what does that solve? There are still SO many problems and Chase was at least partially right in wanting to fix the problems.

Major really has had the most interesting story arc of all the characters. Why does the show write him so much better than Liv?

Um... what now? WHY was Ravi about to let her eat that whole brain?

Clive's vows were terrible.

LOL, Liv gave away the cure so Bozzio and Clive could have children? They better not have fertility issues. Also, again, how is one WHOLE brain only good for one cure? This is nonsense.

I STILL don't understand why Blaine risked all his successful businesses on a real estate plan.

Blaine getting his debts forgiven is honestly a tying up of loose ends that I'm totally fine with. 

They suddenly keep saying "Levon" and I've swear I didn't know his name until the last two episodes.

Well, that was dumb. I can't imagine where the conflict is going to come from next season. 

• Love 1

The people she infected with a terrible virus were dying before that, so I'm on her side.

I'm not. Obviously the real world is different but in the world of the show, it reflects a weird kind of entitlement. Sometimes people die young or of terrible diseases and it is sad. But what's the alternative? It's too close to the nonsense Angus was blathering about God marking the chosen people for immortality. Mortality is part of life. 

If Liv had given herself up, Levon probably would not have tried a rescue attempt. So I think it is fair to think that Major's kidnapping had the unintended result of Levon being executed.

I hate that it ended up as "you got my boyfriend killed" vs. "I got my boyfriend killed... by insisting on starting up the human smuggling ring again" or even "My boyfriend got himself killed for trying to save me and knowingly getting involved in the human smuggling ring in the first place." It absolves Liv, let's her feel self-righteous about blaming someone else, and ignores Levon's autonomy. 

... bringing no real depth to his character and still leaving me wondering why they bothered replacing Vivian Stoll with him. She was both more interesting, and CG was a waste of Jason Dohring's talent.

I believe they had no idea what they were doing with Zombie Island or whatever the original FG plan was supposed to be so they killed her rather than reveal that hadn't worked out the plan of the Big Bad (or at least the mysterious shadow organization). They also didn't plan anything for Chase Graves which clearly became clear so he was just always floundering but also EVIL whenever they needed an effective villain for... reasons. The writing was really awful this season. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on Enzo. The fact that he is such a ridiculous character and the fact that he has been shown as completely supportive of the zombie supremacist cause say to me that we are to take him at face value. Now if it had been Blaine or even Don E who suggested the plan of bum rush this particular gate, then I could buy that the character was angling for a backstab. But nothing in Enzo's two-dimensional nature suggests that he was betraying the cultists. Indeed, Angus said Enzo had been working on their behalf for weeks. An Enzo told them that the execution was in the morning rather than at noon, which meant that FG manpower would be stretched. He wouldn't have done that if he were just wanting the attempt to fail.

I would agree that we should take everything we were told at face value because that was how the character was presented. BUT at some point I do think the writers decided to have him double-cross Brother Love's church. And no, I didn't see it coming because it would be impossible to see it coming for all the reasons you stated. It wasn't a clever twist. It was a completely unmotivated uncharacteristic choice. But I do think that was the choice he made. It just doesn't make sense because the writing doesn't make sense this season.

I just want SOMEONE to start acting like a rational human being.

SAME

• Love 1