Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers (With Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

(edited)

So per RFF the final 3 are at the Hart Plaza in Detroit....haven’t been this nervous for an outcome in a long time.  I know they won’t share the final 3 outcome, but if someone knows it I hope it gets leaked.

ETA: It appears T/K and C/C might be neck and neck.  I don't believe L/J have been spotted.  If it comes down to a taxi ride, I hope to god C/C get the good taxi karma since that ended up costing them the first time around.

I think Hart Plaza might be the finish line.  I'm hoping so, because it appears C/C are ahead by minutes (all of this is per RFF, of course).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think Hart Plaza might be the finish line.  I'm hoping so, because it appears C/C are ahead by minutes (all of this is per RFF, of course).

Wow, I might actually watch! :O

(edited)

I'm hoping so, because that would mean C/C are ahead.  It could just be another clue waiting for them, though.  Definitely down the wire!

One of the tasks involved rappelling, and it seems conflicting as to whether L/J were actually spotted or not.  But so far it seems T/K and C/C are the only teams being spoiled.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I cant imagine the finish line will be open in front of a thousand musicians, but who knows, as this show finds ways to surprise me! I've been following RFF (all credit to them of course), and it looks like there was a rappelling task, then another task at a place called the Heidleberg project, then a route marker at a record store, and are now at Hart Plaza for the music task. Apparently Colin and Christie got their 4 minutes before T/K and the afghanimals are way behind. 

Come on C/C, bring it home!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

That's why I thought Hart Plaza was their first stop, given it's location.  I really hope this doesn't put C/C behind.  Minutes are everything!  I guess we will see as to whether or not they take off again.

They are really running these guys ragged in this final leg.  I hope someone can spoil the final 3.  I'll still watch but it's going to be a loooong wait until January knowing C/C and T/K are this close.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

All of this per RFF but C/C finally left Hart Plaza and were in first!  They've gotta be heading to the pit stop by now.  No sign of L/J, and T/K were still behind by 10 minutes (and may still be there) after C/C left.

I just wonder what happened to L/J.  C/C and T/K were at Hart Plaza for an hour according to a twitter user, and it doesn't appear they caught up.  Bad taxi luck?

ETA: Per a user on twitter who has been giving live updates, T/K are still at Hart Plaza doing the memory task.  C/C would have to have the worst luck in the world to lose this, unless there's another task, but they've had 4 different stops already.  I can't believe they aren't going to the finish line.  I'm just really nervous at the lack of L/J sightings.  I don't know how they could have been that far ahead to not be spotted, but I'd feel better if they'd pop up somewhere.  They were spotted at the rappelling and that is it.  

ETA (again): Okay, this same twitter user said T/K finally left Hart Plaza an hour after C/C, and L/J finally showed up.  Too premature to celebrate?  An hour lead for C/C.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

My excitement for this season is now a TEN. Teams were at the plaza for over an hour doing what was thought to be a memory task. Surely the finish had to be shortly after? And C/C had about an hour lead (source RFF). Very curious to see what the heck happened to Leo and Jamal to end up so far back.

• Love 1
(edited)

The teams were spotted (in random order): at Hart Plaza, the Guardian Building, a record store, and at the Heidelberg project.  I can't believe they would have yet another task to complete.  The record store might have just been to pick up a clue, but I just can't believe that they would have another task to do after Hart Plaza.

Of course, I don't want to think that, because C/C are ahead with a comfortable lead.  I don't want to think they had another task that could set them behind.

It was neck and neck right up until what was hopefully the end-will no doubt be a great season and finale.  I'm still a little cautious on the outcome since it's not 100% and anything could happen.

I like to think Phil would be very, very please to see C/C coming to the mat first, though.

Very curious to see what the heck happened to Leo and Jamal to end up so far back.

I'm wondering this myself.

ETA: Okay, another development.  L/J never showed up at the task after all and it is being dismantled.  Now I'm really nervous they got so far ahead that no one thought to look for them.  L/J definitely made it to the rappelling task, however, so either they've been undetected this whole time or something happened.  They were thought to be out in Laos and popped back up in the UAE so who knows with those two!  Seriously, though, I hope nothing serious happened, especially with the heat.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Twitter user fidesvee said there was an announcement over the speaker that they were still waiting for the third team to show up. Then bananas4eva posted that tweet saying things were coming down.

My speculation: Colin and Christie finished the race in the meantime so production called and said things are no longer necessary and the Afghanimals will be sent directly to the mat! Just spec 

(edited)

There still seems to be some conflicting reports as to whether L/J actually showed up at Hart Plaza, but regardless, you are probably right @TheRabbi-if they did show up they probably just got a clue telling them to go to the finish line.  With how long it took T/K and C/C to finish, and it being nighttime, I can see why they probably weren't even going to bother with a team that had no chance at catching up.

ETA: Here's the link to that article @TheRabbi

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/07/03/amazing-race-films-detroit-teams-rappel-down-guardian-building/756955002/

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

The Detroit free press published an article (I cant link on my phone, I found it via RFF) that said Jamal waited over 2 hours at the site of the rappel while Leo was doing it. So they were definitely last. Makes you wonder if there was some kind of prior task up there that Leo was struggling with, or if there was something wrong with him physically/healthwise. Rappel challenges are usually pretty simple.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

The Detroit free press published an article (I cant link on my phone, I found it via RFF) that said Jamal waited over 2 hours at the site of the rappel while Leo was doing it. So they were definitely last. Makes you wonder if there was some kind of prior task up there that Leo was struggling with, or if there was something wrong with him physically/healthwise. Rappel challenges are usually pretty simple.

According to RFF, the lead in order are Colin/Christie (finish the memory task), Tyler/Korey (an hour behind C/C is still in process to finish the memory task as the sun is about to set) and Leo/Jamal (trail behind the other two). The finish line is at Fort Wayne, not far from Hart Plaza.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

I was at Hart Plaza and talked to a producer who told us the Afghanimals had tons of problems with some task inside the Guardian building.

The final task was assembling a drum kit.  He said it took much longer than expected.  It was possible to watch Colin (in his blue shirt, which stood out, though I was unspoiled and didn't actually know who he was then!) and Christie running back and forth through the band, over and over.  It took forever for them to finish, including one break for the band.  So sick of Seven Nation Army!!

• Love 1

I wonder if there will be a final task then at Fort Wayne or if they go directly to the finish line.  Hopefully if there was a final task C/C had enough of a lead that they kept it.  There's still so much that can happen, that with even an hour lead, a team can catch up. 

I am very excited about this season and wish we didn't have to wait until the winter for it to air, though logically I guess that makes sense.  I am happy it was an all TAR final 3, just wish Team Fun had made it.  I am thrilled C/C appear to have won, but at the very least, they definitely gave it their all in the end.  That was a nail biter just following along!  But I'm just happy Team TAR Classic/Intense/Ox Is Broken made it to the end.  Can't complain too much about the cast even if it wasn't who I would have necessarily wanted from BB and Survivor (though given some of the alternatives mentioned, it could have been worse).  And I can't complain too much about the route.  

This is going to be the longest wait until next winter.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Twitter user fidesvee said there was an announcement over the speaker that they were still waiting for the third team to show up. Then bananas4eva posted that tweet saying things were coming down.

My speculation: Colin and Christie finished the race in the meantime so production called and said things are no longer necessary and the Afghanimals will be sent directly to the mat! Just spec 

Essentially, it will be the same clue that appeared for Bill and Joe in season one, and david and Jeff in season 3. Has it really been that long since a team didn't finish the final leg?

I'm quite content with the apparent final outcome. Redemption, indeed!

Edited by theschnauzers
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's funny that they were beaten by the middle-aged team in their season, and they seem to have come back and won it as the middle-aged team themselves.

Edited by displayname
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, theschnauzers said:

Essentially, it will be the same clue that appeared for Bill and Joe in season one, and david and Jeff in season 3. Has it really been that long since a team didn't finish the final leg?

I'm quite content with the apparent final outcome. Redemption, indeed!

Dandrew got a mercy clue in TAR13 but it wasn't shown.

(edited)
On 6/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

LEG SUMMARY

1. Los Angeles, USA to Tokyo, Japan, Art & JJ eliminated, 11th place
  2. Tokyo, Japan to Luang Prabang, Laos, Rupert & Laura eliminated, 10th place
  3. Luang Prabang, Laos to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, NEL/KOR
  4. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Corinne & Eliza eliminated, 9th place
  5. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, NEL
  6. Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Kampala, Uganda, Janelle & Britney eliminated, 8th place
  7. Kampala, Uganda to Grindelwald, Switzerland, NEL
  8. Grindelwald, Switzerland to Brienz, Switzerland, Rachel & Elissa eliminated, 7th place
  9. Brienz, Switzerland to Split, Croatia, Chris & Bret eliminated, 6th place
  10. Split, Croatia to Kampen, Netherlands, Becca & Floyd eliminated, 5th place
  11. Kampen, Netherlands to London, United Kingdom, Nicole & Victor eliminated, 4th place
  12. London, United Kingdom to Detroit, USA, Finalists Colin & Christie, Tyler & Korey and Leo & Jamal

This is the latest and final bootlist update:

• 11th: Art & JJ
  • 10th: Rupert & Laura
  • 9th: Corinne & Eliza
  • 8th: Janelle & Britney
  • 7th: Rachel & Elissa
  • 6th: Chris & Bret
  • 5th: Becca & Floyd
  • 4th: Nicole & Victor
  • 3rd: Leo & Jamal (never completed the final leg)
  • 2nd: Tyler & Korey
  • 1st: Colin & Christie (winners)
Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, displayname said:

But 3 for 3 for 3 :P

I am a charter member of the “Anybody but Paul” club, but it would have been hysterical to see him loose yet again, especially if he came in 2nd... lol, but all kidding aside, him on the show would have totally ruined it for me.

• Love 3

Yeah, that would have been the only way I would have accepted Paul is if it was guaranteed he'd lose again.  Of course he'd probably still find someone or something to blame because he's the greatest gamer ever.  I'm just glad that after last season of Big Brother he and his minions didn't get rewarded in anyway like they bragged about on the feeds.  Especially doing The Amazing Race.  The initial rumored teams from Big Brother had my interest way down for this season, and while I'm pretty meh over the casting as it turned out, I realize it could have been so much worse. At least the two teams I was rooting for made it far, and one of them presumably won.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

This is the latest and final bootlist update:

• 11th: Art & JJ
  • 10th: Rupert & Laura
  • 9th: Corinne & Eliza
  • 8th: Janelle & Britney
  • 7th: Rachel & Elissa
  • 6th: Chris & Bret
  • 5th: Becca & Floyd
  • 4th: Nicole & Victor
  • 3rd: Leo & Jamal (never completed the final leg)
  • 2nd: Tyler & Korey
  • 1st: Colin & Christie (winners)

I am okay with this, especially having three TAR teams in the final three.  Colin & Christie should have won their first season and might have if it was not for that pesky broken ox.  Granted I liked the real outcome much more as Chip & Kim were one of my all-time favorite teams. 

Glad to see Tyler make it to the final episode and not win again.  Oddly enough I feel bad that Korey made it to the final episode and did not win...I wish Korey had a more likable partner.

• Love 2

Having just scene the first episode, it is interesting how well folks did in episode one corresponds to their boot position.   I don’t hate Rupert, but he really has to go out next.  

It was pretty amusing last night to see how far out of their element the BB and Survivor teams were compared to the TAR teams.  No surprise that the remaining TAR teams make it to the end, with the exception of Victor/Nicole making it to the final 4 over Becca/Floyd.  

I'm not totally sad about the boot list.  I'm glad Rupert is next.  Hopefully this is his last hurrah on the reality show circuit.  I like Corinne, and I like Britney, so I'll be sad when they are gone (not so much their partners). 

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm not totally sad about the boot list.  I'm glad Rupert is next.  Hopefully this is his last hurrah on the reality show circuit.

Sing it. I just hope we don't get another 'Wo is me. There go my hopes and dreams' speech. But I wouldn't be surprised if we DO get another 'I did this for my wife and my daughter' schpiel.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, LadyChatts said:

It was pretty amusing last night to see how far out of their element the BB and Survivor teams were compared to the TAR teams.  No surprise that the remaining TAR teams make it to the end, with the exception of Victor/Nicole making it to the final 4 over Becca/Floyd.  

I'm not totally sad about the boot list.  I'm glad Rupert is next.  Hopefully this is his last hurrah on the reality show circuit.  I like Corinne, and I like Britney, so I'll be sad when they are gone (not so much their partners). 

True but in all fairness that TAR teams would have struggled more than others if they were dropped on a beach in Survivor.  They've learned through experience already.  Hopefully they just wouldn't whine about it as much as the Survivor teams whined last night!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, cherrypj said:

I'm so used to Survivor boot lists being total bullshit. Begging everyone's pardon, how certain are we that @ApprenticeFan's final list is right?

'Cause I really want Colin and Christie to win. That would be awesome.

It's about a 99 percent chance of being true, based on following the race as it occured on finale day. Colin and Christie, Tyler and Korey, and the Afghanimals are 100% the final 3 teams, and C/C left the final task over an hour ahead of T/K. The Afghanimals never showed up to the final task as they got stuck at a rappelling challenge (or something at the same location at least). C/C are the assumed winners due to their significant time advantage leaving the final task.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

It's about a 99 percent chance of being true, based on following the race as it occured on finale day. Colin and Christie, Tyler and Korey, and the Afghanimals are 100% the final 3 teams, and C/C left the final task over an hour ahead of T/K. The Afghanimals never showed up to the final task as they got stuck at a rappelling challenge (or something at the same location at least). C/C are the assumed winners due to their significant time advantage leaving the final task.

My biggest fear is that somehow it's wrong, and Leo/Jaamal end up winning.  That it was TPTB throwing out false info of L/J being behind and not being able to finish the last task.  Because it seemed like they were ahead, though maybe not by much, when they arrived at the rappel task.  Though C/C and T/K were spotted at the other tasks around Detroit, so I'd have a hard time believing L/J would escape being seen. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

My biggest fear is that somehow it's wrong, and Leo/Jaamal end up winning.  That it was TPTB throwing out false info of L/J being behind and not being able to finish the last task.  Because it seemed like they were ahead, though maybe not by much, when they arrived at the rappel task.  Though C/C and T/K were spotted at the other tasks around Detroit, so I'd have a hard time believing L/J would escape being seen. 

The spoilers about the final leg came from observers and the Detroit Free Press, some of whom specifically identified the teams.Both confirmed the time gap of the departure time between the two departing teams from the last task, and that the third team was still at an earlier task at least two hours after those two teams departures from that last task and that team never made it to that last observed task, in fact it was being disassembled by then, clearest evidence that the first two teams checked in. Short of an actual observation of the final mat, the circumstantial evidence is pretty strong with nothing to support any other conclusion.

• Love 4

If Leo and Jamal do indeed make the final three, and Rachel is indeed eliminated next, then it will actually be L/J's record for most legs completed: 34 (or 33, if they really don't complete the final leg).

34 minutes ago, displayname said:

What's he saying here? "Leo and Jamal, you're the first team to arrive, however before I can check you in you have to-"?

Leo and Jamal weren't even there.  I wonder if he was rehearsing, based on something that happened.  

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Leo and Jamal weren't even there.  I wonder if he was rehearsing, based on something that happened.   

I think just saying it for the camera after sending them off. To not waste time. Might later be edited in with different shots of them.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is the first I’ve looked at spoilers, only because I’m planning on watching the debate on Wed. Whew, if this is true (and the boot list spoiler sure makes it look right) I can feel good about waiting to watch the finale. I’d actually be fine with any of the remaining 4 teams, but for me this is the best outcome. 

What the what?  Is that supposed to be Winston Churchill in the clip?  In Detroit?

Edited by Haleth
45 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What the what?  Is that supposed to be Winston Churchill in the clip?  In Detroit?

I missed “Winston Churchill,” but if it is, I’d guess that it’s the end of the first hour - in London (?) where Victor and Nicole are eliminated; then the final three teams fly to Detroit for the last leg.

• Love 1

I've never read the elimination spoiler thread for any season, not even after the season was over, but I knew I was going to come in here after this season if Colin and Christie won just to see if I would've been correctly spoiled. So glad I waited!

Reading through now, though, the info from the twitter users doesn't seem to match up with what we were shown regarding Colin and Christie and Tyler and Korey leaving the drum task. It was said that C/C left the plaza an hour ahead of T/K, but when T/K finished, their cabbie said C/C had 'just left'. And T/K seemed somewhat optimistic about catching up. Surely that wouldn't have been the case if they were actually an hour behind unless there was a task edited out between the drums and the finish line...but we heard the 'Go to the finish line' clue being read after C/C completed the drum task. And I can't believe that if T/K were still there an hour after C/C left, that the Afghanimals wouldn't have finally caught up to them. Did Leo really sit in that vault for over an hour? I'd be really interested to hear from the racers what the actual timeframe was.

In any case, so glad Colin and Christie pulled it off!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

The editors are known to compress time separations to create viewer suspense, but you will note they edited Korey/Tyler, and Leo/Jamal’s arrivals differently so as to conceal the actual time separation at the final Mat. CBS famously gave away that information for a promo for the season 10 finale where three final teams were shown arriving outdoors with different sun shadows at that final Mat. Looking at these episodes tonight, being aware of the spoilers, I could tell the editing was designed to conceal the time spread after the roadblock.

Edited by theschnauzers
  • Love 2

Yep. I’m wondering if the shot in the cab where driver said “they just left” was after the record store challenge. I do trust the folks on the ground reports since they were there. 

Well now we know why L/J were so far behind.

Also in regards to spoilers, someone had posted a video on Twitter of C/C leaving the music challenge, and I swear when they left Christie’s hair was down (yet when they left last night it was up).  It stood out to me because, as someone with long hair, I couldn’t believe she wouldn’t have pulled back in circumstances like this.  

Of course it’s been almost a year so maybe I am mis remembering.  

I was at Hart Plaza last year.  (I see I made a brief post about it above, though I wasn't really trying to be a spoiler.)  I've finally posted my pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8559533@N04/sets/72157709278981053/

I also wrote up a long blurb on FB about the day, intended for friends of mine who watch the show.  It's pretty long, so I won't repeat it here, but you can find it on Reddit at: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/c69e2k/my_experience_watching_the_filming_of_the_final/

In retrospect, I wish I had spoiled myself before I went downtown.  It would have helped us identify the teams and get to the right places at the right times.  But it was still a ridiculously awesome way to spend a summer afternoon.

• Love 7

Excellent pics, rlangmit. I don't have time to read your FB/Reddit right now, but I definitely will.

Now I can admit that I've been spoiled since the day the race ended. I knew Colin and Christie won. I happened to be on SUCKS that day (a site I normally hate) and there were pages and pages from people who were actually there, posting in real time. They knew the Afganimals were stuck at the last roadblock. Someone also posted a video of Colin hoisting the cow. And someone filmed Colin and Christie winning.

In years past, the final 3 have been spoiled, but this is the first time the actual WINNERS were known, as far as I know.

So I also knew Vic and Nic were out fourth. I'm not so pro-TAR and anti-BB that I'll automatically be against anyone who was on that show. Everybody should be judged by their own personalities, and I liked them. Nic could be whiny sometimes, yeah, but I always thought Vic was a good guy, so I was still sad to see them go.

• Love 1

I liked Nicole/Victor too, and would have loved seeing them in the final 3.  Nicole may have been whiny, but she wasn't the worst.  I think overall they were a strong team, and out of all the cross overs, I enjoyed them and Chris/Bret the most.  I would have been fine with either of them in the final 3 over Leo/Jamal or Tyler/Korey.

I don't typically follow TAR spoilers until the season is over, unless it's a season like this where I already know everybody, but I do remember a couple of interesting spoilers that wound up being wrong.  As the race was running, Leo/Jamal seemed to drop from sight because people seemed to lose track of them after Laos.  Then they suddenly popped up in the UAE.  Second, Colin/Christie seemed to not be spotted I think in the Switzerland leg (or maybe it was Croatia), so people thought they were eliminated, then they were spotted in the next leg.

Actually the final result of season 29 was completely spoiled by the Chicago Sun Times, which posted a bystander’s video showing the final three at the finish mat. The video I believe got taken down a few days later, but it was known where and who the final 3 were in finish order by then.

My impression from the segments included on air was that Leo and Jamal arrived significantly more than a hour behind. Given it was July 4th weekend, the time perception is earlier than it was, so 7or 8 pm would be realist. You can see the clearly lengthening shows on the ground. Spoilers from that day including media reports had over an hour’s difference between Colin and Christie and Korey and Tyler when they each left Hart Plaza, and was clearly mid afternoon with very little shadow when Colin and Christie got to the Mat.

Sightings during the season depended on teams finishes. Leo and Jamal didn’t do very well this season almost always near the back of the pack. Another visibility factor three new countries this time around and many legs on the outside of big areas. What was interesting was the boot order was eventually figured out.

What was unusual was how much of this finale got figured out with filming on a holiday weekend in a city TAR had never visited before.