Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Spoilers (With Elimination Info)

• Start Topic

It is against PTV rules to pull full content from other websites (for example, from http://forum.realityfanforum.com/ or others) and post it here without attribution. 

You are allowed to bring over spoilers from other sites, but you need to 1) credits the originating site, 2) provide a link, and 3) get permission to post any photos. This is because some of the photos are from professional photographers, therefore they are copyrighted.  You are allowed to post as many links as you want.  This has been an issue in the past, so violations of this guideline may likely result in being banned from posting.   

Please report any suspected abuses of this rule and your TAR mods will look into it. If you have any questions about this please PM me.

• Love 2
(edited)

5 TAR, 3 BB and 3 Survivor

TAR

• Becca Droz & Floyd Pierce (Team Fun)
  • Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (Afghanimals)
  • Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl
  • Art Velez & JJ Carrell (Detectives)
  • Colin Guinn & Christie Woods-Guinn (aka My Ox is Broken)

BB

• Rachel Reilly Villegas & Elissa Reilly Slater
  • Janelle Pierzina DeSanto & Britney Haynes Godwin
  • Nicole Franzel & Victor Arroyo

Survivor

• Chris Hammons & Bret LaBelle
  • Rupert & Laura Boneham
  • Corinne Kaplan & Eliza Orlins

DfV_DvfX4AAXVfr.jpg:large

Credited from Chateau d'If and Georgia Peach of RFF

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
(edited)

I may have to start posting about TAR now that Colin and Christie are FINALLY back (one of my all time favorite teams from my all time favorite season).  Seeing the list of TAR alums makes me wish they’d just done another AS season.  Would have been nice to see some other older seasons represented.  Glad Becca and Floyd are back, too, though that’s not a surprise.

That’s the best they could get from Survivor?  I had to look up who Chris and Bret were.  Color me surprised they were on a recent season.  And Rupert and Eliza alone makes me want to not tune in.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

For Colin and Christie, this was probably the first time they were asked and felt they could leave their kids while filming. Do not underestimate this team. I've kept track of Colin on social media/internet since their season aired and he's been as active in his businesses as in his active lifestyle. They are clearly my sentimental favorites and I do see this as a redemption season for them.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, theschnauzers said:

For Colin and Christie, this was probably the first time they were asked and felt they could leave their kids while filming. Do not underestimate this team. I've kept track of Colin on social media/internet since their season aired and he's been as active in his businesses as in his active lifestyle. They are clearly my sentimental favorites and I do see this as a redemption season for them.

I think they were asked for the first AS season but Christie was pregnant at the time (that might have just been speculation that they were asked).  I was always disappointed they didn’t come back in one of the other AS seasons, and while I hoped this day would come, wasn’t sure it ever would (either because the show wouldn’t ask or the couple would have moved on with their busy lives).  They were a very pleasant surprise to see on the roster, and both still look amazing.  I remember the first time they ran the race and had a rough go of it after the fact due to public perception of them over editing.  I randomly found Colin’s email on a message board he posted at and worked up the nerve to contact him.  He and Christie both sent me back very nice replies.  I think they were grateful for the fan support.

While this cast isn’t the worst they could have come up with (so happy the original leaked BB teams got cut), these two alone have really peaked my interest.  I’m almost afraid to follow spoilers because I do not want to see them out early.  I’d love to see them do well for many reasons, one of which is being a classic TAR team. 

• Love 4

See, I dislike Colin as much as I have disliked any racer and he is an automatic turn off for me. I'll follow through the boards but I am not watching.

TAR

Becca Droz & Floyd Pierce (Team Fun)

I don't remember them, were they one of the pick your own team mate and the dude passed out from dehydration? They were fine

Leo Temory & Jamal Zadran (Afghanimals)

No real memories

Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl

Who?

Art Velez & JJ Carrell (Detectives) (Who)

Colin Guinn & Christie Woods-Guinn (aka My Ox is Broken)

See, Colin was someone who I thought was a bully and borderline abusive. I did not like him during his season, I want nothing to do with him again. He is a no go for me.

BB

Rachel Reilly Villegas & Elissa Reilly Slater

I dislike Rachel and do not to see her for a third time on TAR

Janelle Pierzina DeSanto & Britney Haynes Godwin

Could care less

Nicole Franzel & Victor Arroyo

Victor was a misogynistic pig during his season. I have no idea why any one likes him. He is one of the assholes who bros down and is a jerk.

Survivor

Chris Hammons & Bret LaBelle

If I am remembering them correctly, and no I am not looking them up, they were kind of assholes in their season. These were the twits who hid camp tools when they fell into the minority, correct?

Rupert & Laura Boneham

I never need to see Rupert on my screen again. He is played out

Corinne Kaplan & Eliza Orlins

Corrine is another hard no go for me. She was a bully in her season and her podcast with Rob C at the beginning of each season is mean spirited and bullying. I don't like her. I don't need to see her.

So we have a hard no go for me from three different teams. I'll follow here but I am taking it off the season pass and not watching. I can stomach one questionable team but this is over the top.

• Love 1

I'll agree the Afghanimals and Art and JJ are very questionable inclusions, but Becca and Floyd and Tyler and Korey were pretty solid picks on any upcoming 'all star' speculation list.

Most shocking is the lack of Justin and Diana! No doubt pleasing to many that they are not among the returnees. 

Colin was intense, but nowhere near the devil he was depicted to be, and the editing was particularly misleading with them. I cannot wait to see them again, and hope they have a long race.

• Love 2

Guys, I've figured out the show's angle and it sucks. Casting both the Border Patrol AND the Afghanimals is the show's way of creating an insta-rivalry around the hot button issue of immigration that will take all the oxygen out of the first part of the season until one of them are eliminated.

• Love 2

For me, this isn't as bad as it could be. Regarding the BB teams: I only know of Rachel from TAR. I don't know her partner or the other female team. Victor and Nicole, I'm curious to see since their relationship came about post-BB, not during the show. Nicole and Corey or Victor and Paul would have been awful but Victor and Nicole might not be too bad (for about 5 minutes, then Nicole will start whining). Survivor: not excited to see Bret and Chris, except Chris is nice to look at. I see Corinne and Eliza as a comedy team (for the viewers) and I'm kind of hoping they will bumble their way through a few episodes before elimination. Although Corinne is mean, there's not really a whole lot she can do to someone else as far as eliminating a team goes. I imagine Eliza will be Flo-like. Rupert and Laura will be rather awful w/Rupert overdoing the pirate schtick and Laura probably crying but my guess is that they'll go early. TAR teams: the only team I recognized right away was Becca and Floyd and I like them. Leo and Jamal can be annoying but they're not evil. I'm really looking forward to Colin and Christie!! 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 12/06/2018 at 1:57 AM, Fukui San said:

Guys, I've figured out the show's angle and it sucks. Casting both the Border Patrol AND the Afghanimals is the show's way of creating an insta-rivalry around the hot button issue of immigration that will take all the oxygen out of the first part of the season until one of them are eliminated.

A couple of friends of mine were in the Hanoi airport when teams went through, connecting to what looked to them like a flight to Laos. (New country!)

From what they've described and the couple of photos I've seen (and have been asked not to share, explicitly to avoid RFF getting their hands on them and passing it off as their own work again) (her words, not mine) I'm more than 90% sure Art and JJ are eliminated in the first leg.

Edited by SnideAsides

Even though I don’t care for either of those teams (and am mystified why Art/JJ are even back) I hope the remaining TAR teams go far, especially Colin/Christie.  I’d love to see TAR classic win, especially since they were done in by a delayed flight and flat tire.

• Love 3

Thank you TAR gods that Rupert is out.  Colin/Christie still look amazing.  Can’t really complain of any of the remaining teams left.  As I said, I hope the remaining TAR teams go far (to the final 3 would be preferable).

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, displayname said:

What if Rachel ends up third again XD

ugh.  please no.  This is the only time - in 31 seasons - that I've purposely read spoilers for TAR.  And the only reason I'm doing it now is with the hope that Rachel is an early elimination, so I know when I can start watching the show.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, chaifan said:

ugh.  please no.  This is the only time - in 31 seasons - that I've purposely read spoilers for TAR.  And the only reason I'm doing it now is with the hope that Rachel is an early elimination, so I know when I can start watching the show.

But 3 for 3 for 3 :P

• Love 1
(edited)

I never minded Elissa, either.  At first I was determined to dislike her since I never liked Rachel, but she won me over.  Had she been on the show first I might have tolerated Rachel better. 

I'm wondering if Bret/Chris will be as snooze worthy as they were on Survivor.  That's my only disappointment if they're still in the race.

So who do we have left?  Corinne/Eliza, Bret/Chris, Colin/Christie, Becca/Floyd, Tyler/Korey, Nicole/Victor, Janelle/Britney?  I just want Colin/Christie and Becca/Floyd in the final 3, with one of those two teams winning (preferably C/C).  Don't care who the third team is as long as they finish in 3rd. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don’t care for Leo/Jamal one way or the other, but I’d be happy if Eliza (who I can’t stand) was out.  Corinne oddly enough I don’t mind, but I don’t care that she’s gone, either.  I listen to the podcast she does with Max Dawson and despite not liking either of them on their respective seasons, I enjoy listening to them on there.

As I’ve mentioned, there’s only two teams I care about and I’m thrilled they are both still there.  I’m trying to decide if I think C/C had it harder in the TAR classic era (minus the roadblock rule that came the following season) or easier.  I tend to think TAR classic seasons were harder in the sense that there was a lot more doing stuff on your own, and not a bunch of twists thrown in, so maybe that’s one thing working to their advantage.  I’m sure they didn’t go into this blindly, either.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

What is this evidence of a partner swap? I haven't seen anything other than people assuming because it also happened in africa with an even number of teams last year. I don't see it happening - if it follows a similar format as last season, it would be an NEL, and it already looks like we've had 2 of those.

7 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

What is this evidence of a partner swap? I haven't seen anything other than people assuming because it also happened in africa with an even number of teams last year. I don't see it happening - if it follows a similar format as last season, it would be an NEL, and it already looks like we've had 2 of those.

I'm not going to comment on whether a partner swap is coming or not -- I simply don't know. I'm still trying to understand what the "Extreme Roadblock" As to the format of this race, I've stated my belief, (also taking into account when this season is likely to air  in the same way as season 30) that between the Laos and Vietnam legs, there would likely to have been both an NEL and a KOR , and this permits 4 legs between the two countries. There really is a lot of viewpoints about that, but front loading NELs/KORs this season would fit with the four double episodes that we saw in TAR 30, and leave more of the teams around longer. That would also fit in with having teams from Survivor and Big Brother for as long as possible in terms of audience.

7 hours ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

The person chosen to do the Roadblock will do it under more strenuous circumstances.  It's like the Handicap in Norway's version -- a Roadblock made a certain degree more difficult for the team affected by this twist.

That's one version of the descriptions I've  read. An eyewitness has describes Phil's start line description differently.  But how it actually works is probably going to have to wait until CBS tells it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

Uganda is now in the past.  The next leg is Grindelwald, Switzerland, and the leg there is beginning shortly.

It's suspected to be a F7 leg, but only six of those seven teams were definitively seen heading out in Uganda's airport:

Becca & Floyd
Bret & Chris
Colin & Chris
Rachel & Elissa
Tyler & Korey
Victor & Nicole

Only Britney & Janelle and Leo & Jamal are unaccounted for, so whichever one is spotted next, the other one got the boot in Uganda.

Britney & Janelle have made it past Leg 6 and seen Brit holding her passport to Switzerland. That could mean The Afghanimals get the boot.

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like Britney & Janelle are out according to source from Twitter with no camera crew, my apologies for that due to revised changes. The Afghanimals could've out as well that would probably a double elim in Uganda due to speculated partner swap just like in first Zimbabwe leg last season.

https://twitter.com/JessicaCodyBB19/status/1010950568897114114

That would now six teams seen in Switzerland, no Afghanimals and Britney/Janelle.

Edited by ApprenticeFan

The more teams out the better the chances for Colin/Christie and Team Fun.  I think at this point I'd want Rachel/Elissa in the final 3 with them, as long as they don't win lol  I just don't care for the other teams left, and I do like Elissa.  I'd also go for Tyler/Korey strictly for being a TAR team.

• Love 1
(edited)

LEG SUMMARY

1. Los Angeles, USA to Tokyo, Japan, Art & JJ eliminated, 11th place
  2. Tokyo, Japan to Luang Prabang, Laos, Rupert & Laura eliminated, 10th place
  3. Luang Prabang, Laos to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, NEL/KOR
  4. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Corinne & Eliza eliminated, 9th place
  5. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, NEL
  6. Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Kampala, Uganda, Janelle & Britney eliminated, 8th place
  7. Kampala, Uganda to Grindelwald, Switzerland, NEL
  8. Grindelwald, Switzerland to Brienz, Switzerland, Rachel & Elissa eliminated, 7th place
  9. Brienz, Switzerland to Split, Croatia, Chris & Bret eliminated, 6th place
  10. Split, Croatia to Kampen, Netherlands, Becca & Floyd eliminated, 5th place
  11. Kampen, Netherlands to London, United Kingdom, Nicole & Victor eliminated, 4th place
  12. London, United Kingdom to Detroit, USA, Finalists in order: Colin & Christie (1st), Tyler & Korey (2nd) and Leo & Jamal (3rd)
Edited by ApprenticeFan
revised, Colin & Christie spotted in the Netherlands
(edited)

Leo and Jamal are like chameleons.  I know it was being debated if they were eliminated in Uganda along with Britney and Janelle but here they are again.

Getting nervous at no Colin/Christie sightings.  I know they were spotted leaving Uganda but I haven’t seen any sightings of them since.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I feel like Bret and Chris are going to win this.  Hopefully they get more an edit than they did on Survivor.  I still can't remember Chris at all.

Really sad about Colin/Christie.  I hope they didn't go out due to some stupid twist that put them behind.  I'm just glad they are going to be around for most of the season.  Last I looked there had been no sightings of Rachel/Elissa, either, but not sure if that changed. 

Team Fun better win this, because I have no interest in the other teams besides them. 

Edited by LadyChatts
6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I feel like Bret and Chris are going to win this.  Hopefully they get more an edit than they did on Survivor.  I still can't remember Chris at all.

Really sad about Colin/Christie.  I hope they didn't go out due to some stupid twist that put them behind.  I'm just glad they are going to be around for most of the season.  Last I looked there had been no sightings of Rachel/Elissa, either, but not sure if that changed. 

Team Fun better win this, because I have no interest in the other teams besides them. 

Same for Colin and Christie. If if it's some u-turn or head to head nonsense I'll be pissed.

All this info comes from RFF, but it's highly likely the next leg is in Amsterdam. Team Fun, Tyler and Korey, and Victor/Nicole were all spotted buying tickets. So that means one of Brett/Chris or the Afghanimals was likely eliminated in Croatia. Of course its always possible it was an NEL and both are still in and just haven't been spotted yet. Will have to see what Amsterdam sightings show up.

• Love 1
(edited)

Good news and bad news:

The good news that Colin & Christie are in having been disappeared in Croatia but spotted in the Netherlands.

The bad news that Rachel & Elissa have been eliminated in Switzerland and Chris & Bret axed in Croatia.

Here is the local Dutch news about the leg in Kampen:

https://www.destentor.nl/kampen/opnames-amerikaans-programma-begonnen-in-kampen~a6ad1c4b/

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
(edited)

YES!!!!!  I wonder if they took a fast forward in Croatia and that’s why they weren’t seen.  Whatever the case, this is the BEST news.  Holding out hope nothing goes wrong for them or Team Fun and they both make the final 3.  Don't really care who the 3rd team is.  

I am disappointed about Elissa, but not Rachel.  In reality, I can't say I'm overly disappointed by any eliminated team yet.  Corinne might have been fun to have since she has no filter and might have gone at it with some of the teams.  But the boot order didn't depress me until it looked like C/C were out.  Glad they didn't fall victim to a stupid twist (and hopefully don't).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

Good news and bad news:

The good news that Colin & Christie are in having been disappeared in Croatia but spotted in the Netherlands.

The bad news that Rachel & Elissa have been eliminated in Switzerland and Chris & Bret axed in Croatia.

Here is the local Dutch news about the leg in Kampen:

https://www.destentor.nl/kampen/opnames-amerikaans-programma-begonnen-in-kampen~a6ad1c4b/

I'm afraid that's 100 percent good news! I cant speak for Rachel's partner since I've never seen BB, but Rachel cant get off my tv soon enough, so her partner is guilty by association. 

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Love 5

And there were photos posted at RFF of a task in the Netherlands involving a fake cow that had to be taken off a trailer...which gives me flashbacks to Colin's epic meltdown in S5 and makes me hope there's some reference to "My ox is broken!" this season.

I'm really worried Nicole/Victor are going to win this.  Out of the 5 remaining teams they are the ones I don't want anywhere near the finish line.

• Love 1
(edited)

All this info as usual comes from RFF.

The final 4 teams were all photographed checking into the pitstop in the London/Camden area. It was Colin/Christie, Tyler/Korey, the Afghanimals, and Victor/Nicole. So it would appear that Team Fun had another 5th place finish and were eliminated in the Netherlands. 

Leg 11 looks to be a Keep on Racing leg leading into the finale. No word on if 4th place was eliminated or gets to keep racing as well.

Edit: it appears the order of checkin was Afghanimals, T/K, C/C, and N/V in 4th/last.

Edited by TheRabbi
(edited)

With my luck Colin/Christie are going to finish 2nd.  Again.  

Just glad I got them until the end of the race.  There was a photo with I believe Tyler/Korey checking in with Phil in London posted at RFF so I'm assuming they are in the final 3 (unless they are eliminated).  

I will say I'm happy that 3 out of the 4 teams left are original TAR teams.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

With my luck Colin/Christie are going to finish 2nd.  Again.  

Just glad I got them until the end of the race.  There was a photo with I believe Tyler/Korey checking in with Phil in London posted at RFF so I'm assuming they are in the final 3 (unless they are eliminated).  

I will say I'm happy that 3 out of the 4 teams left are original TAR teams.  

I was just thinking the exact same thing! In regards to 'at least we'll have an entire season of Colin and Christie.' I am pulling for them so hard in the finale. I don't really care to see the Afghanimals win it, but didn't mind Tyler and Korey their first time. 

Regardless, my excitement for the season went from a complete Zero, when the crossover was announced, to an 8 or 9, because I am so excited to see C/C again. They are the reason I followed spoilers this time, because I knew I would have no chance at waiting until January to see how they did.

The route map is a bit blah. Excited for Laos, Uganda, and Croatia, but they only get 1 leg each. The rest of the lineup is all frequently visited locales. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing! In regards to 'at least we'll have an entire season of Colin and Christie.' I am pulling for them so hard in the finale. I don't really care to see the Afghanimals win it, but didn't mind Tyler and Korey their first time. 

Regardless, my excitement for the season went from a complete Zero, when the crossover was announced, to an 8 or 9, because I am so excited to see C/C again. They are the reason I followed spoilers this time, because I knew I would have no chance at waiting until January to see how they did.

The route map is a bit blah. Excited for Laos, Uganda, and Croatia, but they only get 1 leg each. The rest of the lineup is all frequently visited locales. 

My interest went way down when it looked like they were eliminated.  I didn't even think of the possibility that they got the FF in Croatia, which is the only thing that makes sense as to why they were the only team not spotted.  Team Fun was my other horse in the race, so I am disappointed they are out, but at least they will be in it practically all season as well.  I've always lurked in the TAR forum, but C/C made me start posting.  That was such a happy surprise, as I figured the TAR teams picked would all be from the recent seasons and repeaters who've raced 2 and 3 times.  I want them to win for a varity of reasons; I think it would be such a great story line for a team from that far back that's only racing their second time in an era of TAR that is different from theirs to win.  In addition, and this is way more wishful thinking, but if they won and got a positive response, I'd love for that to open the door in future AS TAR seasons to bring back teams from older seasons.  Maybe TPTB would realize they don't need recent teams that have already raced and lost numerous times.

Some of the team combos that were originally rumored for this season (namely on the Big Brother side) were a big turn off to me, but besides Rupert, I can't say I was overly displeased with the cast.  Puzzled by a few inclusions, but overall the teams made sense.  I agree about the route.  I would have loved another leg in Uganda, or just somewhere else in Africa.  It would have even been nice to get a South America leg, or Australia/New Zealand despite Australia being a frequently visited country.  I am excited for Croatia, Laos, Switzerland, Uganda, and Vietnam.  Like you, I wish Uganda, Laos, and Croatia had more than one leg.

ETA: It would be great if C/C got the win and Christie performed the last RB, since she was in the last season where there were no RB limits (and part of the reason that changed).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Australia isn't frequently visited though? It's only had one visit since TAR9.

But also yes. More Uganda and Laos and Croatia (or even just switching the Swiss legs for one of the other ex-Yugoslav countries) would have been much appreciated.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

Australia isn't frequently visited though? It's only had one visit since TAR9.

But also yes. More Uganda and Laos and Croatia (or even just switching the Swiss legs for one of the other ex-Yugoslav countries) would have been much appreciated.

You're right!  For some reason, I was thinking that they had visited there more than they had.  So that might have been a nice break up for them to have a leg there and taken out UAE, London, or one of the Swiss legs.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

LEG SUMMARY

1. Los Angeles, USA to Tokyo, Japan, Art & JJ eliminated, 11th place
  2. Tokyo, Japan to Luang Prabang, Laos, Rupert & Laura eliminated, 10th place
  3. Luang Prabang, Laos to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, NEL/KOR
  4. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Corinne & Eliza eliminated, 9th place
  5. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, NEL
  6. Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Kampala, Uganda, Janelle & Britney eliminated, 8th place
  7. Kampala, Uganda to Grindelwald, Switzerland, NEL
  8. Grindelwald, Switzerland to Brienz, Switzerland, Rachel & Elissa eliminated, 7th place
  9. Brienz, Switzerland to Split, Croatia, Chris & Bret eliminated, 6th place
  10. Split, Croatia to Kampen, Netherlands, Becca & Floyd eliminated, 5th place
  11. Kampen, Netherlands to London, United Kingdom, NEL/KOR
  12. London, United Kingdom to TBA, USA, Finalists Colin & Christie, Tyler & Korey, Leo & Jamal and Nicole & Victor, with mid-leg elimination

Nicole and victor were 100 percent eliminated in London. That YouTube video confirms it.