Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E22: Law and Disorder

• Start Topic

Good lord, Donna is cartoonishly unsubtle when it comes to stealing stuff.

LOL on that pathetic attempt at a beard on David's face.

As pointed out in the last episode thread, Valerie did go to great lengths to fake a pregnancy the previous season but also, she had a medical report that she had to be roofied.  So does the gang think that she did it to herself?  Again, as pointed out...why does Valerie continue to hang with a bunch of douchebags who take the word of strangers over her?  It speaks poorly on Val.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah.. I’m trapped in the mental loop too!

eta: if you’re an iPhone user who uses the Apple podcast app or have it, the episode audio is correct on that. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
2 hours ago, benteen said:

Again, as pointed out...why does Valerie continue to hang with a bunch of douchebags who take the word of strangers over her?  It speaks poorly on Val.

Seriously, Val, go get better friends. 

I did not know that Sgt. Getraer was Chris Pine's dad, and for some reason I am thrilled by this!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

You know--"Who knows? Who cares? Moving on." would be a great final/finale t-shirt for AWT90210

Or something about how obviously we care more than the writers? I like this idea though!

As a paralegal who works with civil litigation daily, this storyline was really something to fume at. One week?! ONE WEEK??? I just put a civil complaint (what this would be) trial date on my calendar today for NOVEMBER, the initial complaint was filed last March, as in March of 2017. And that's not even in a busy jurisdiction. Nothing happens in a week. Literally. Maybe MAYBE you could draft a complaint, file and serve it in a week... but even that's pushing it. It takes time to even just write the dang things. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lisin said:

As a paralegal who works with civil litigation daily, this storyline was really something to fume at. One week?! ONE WEEK??? I just put a civil complaint (what this would be) trial date on my calendar today for NOVEMBER, the initial complaint was filed last March, as in March of 2017. And that's not even in a busy jurisdiction. Nothing happens in a week. Literally. Maybe MAYBE you could draft a complaint, file and serve it in a week... but even that's pushing it. It takes time to even just write the dang things. 

Another legal professional chiming in here.  This case would have taken years to get to trial - the pleadings, the depositions, the settlement/mediation negotiations.  I hate this whole episode.  So much of it is objectionable and unrealistic.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, benteen said:

Good lord, Donna is cartoonishly unsubtle when it comes to stealing stuff.

LOL on that pathetic attempt at a beard on David's face.

As pointed out in the last episode thread, Valerie did go to great lengths to fake a pregnancy the previous season but also, she had a medical report that she had to be roofied.  So does the gang think that she did it to herself?  Again, as pointed out...why does Valerie continue to hang with a bunch of douchebags who take the word of strangers over her?  It speaks poorly on Val.

Val also lied and manipulated through every situation on the show and hooked up with donnas boyfriend a few times so I can understand why people don't jump to believe anything she does ( although she's still the best character and Kelly is just a bad of a person but not nearly as fun as Val). That being said , it made absolutely no sense that her character ever would have cared about being friends with any of them 

• Love 1

Fair points.  Val is certainly not blameless in all of this and it's because of her past history that there are a lot of doubts when something happens to her.  The obsession with this clique of judgmental losers is something that does not make sense whatsoever.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, benteen said:

Fair points.  Val is certainly not blameless in all of this and it's because of her past history that there are a lot of doubts when something happens to her.  The obsession with this clique of judgmental losers is something that does not make sense whatsoever.

how about when she paid Ginger a crazy amount of money so she can look like the hero with the gang and they will accept her, and then 1 or 2 episodes later she was scheming again doing something bad to one of them.. oh that Val, such a sociopath but she was so good at it.

"I'm trying to apologize here. Not sure how much simpler I can make it." REALLY? I seriously want to throw something at that smug, punchable face.
Why do we keep having David in music situations where people want him to abandon his "crew"? Keyboard?
As for the fake abortion, isn't this all freaking hearsay? Only Kenny could talk about that.
Noah's defense is "I'm too nice to rape"? So, someone who donates blood and invests in a nightclub not able to date rape? What kind of logic is this? They should have brought up how he killed his girlfriend to show how he has a history of poor decisions when drunk.

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

They should have brought up how he killed his girlfriend to show how he has a history of poor decisions when drunk.

Not to mention he is dating a drug addict! He keeps company with drug addicts! And yeah-- wouldn't that have come up at some point when he was arrested? Wait was he arrested? I can't remember, and this just happened over the last two episodes. But anyhoo, at some point they would have run Noah's ID and would have found his questionable record. Plus, wouldn't the press be interested, since he and his family are such hot shit?

Edited by ZeroDiscipline
added thought
  • Love 2
On 5/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, WoodyCee said:

Doctors are not supposed to write scrips for family members Dr Martin!!!!!

I didn't even think of that! Who knows what prescription drugs Felice has been using for funzies this whole time!

It occurred to me the other day that we're still in the same season as when Kelly got amnesia. THE SAME SEASON. The poor judgement these characters display must be a reflexion of the poor judgement of the Fox execs who kept giving this flaming paper bag of yorkie poop more seasons. 

• Love 7
(edited)

This whole story line....I just I can't.

- Kelly was nearly raped back in S2 and in S6 , how she didn't believe Val is just how? Then siding with Noah and thinks he is a swell guy? Oh and then she is in charge of medicine. Wouldn't her history of being in a cult, drug issues, and all that not show up? She is worse than Brandon....

- Noah being a nice guy....oh god...

- How Steve, Donna, and everyone (bar Brandon and David) supported Noah, a guy who they literally met less than a year ago...worst...

- Does anyone really care about David's musical career? Can't they just make him do classical music? At least he can play the piano and we don't have listen to him sing.

- Kind of funny how David is supportive of Val and was pretty much not a dick to Claire but he's such a dick to everyone else.

- Val and David should get out of Beverly Hills. Go to Buffalo, Miami or even Kansas. Just escape that group

Edited by SoupThrower
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, yousetmeupyoucrud said:

I think we can all agree that Val makes no sense and her plot lines and character arc should be universally taught as exactly how NOT to write a TV show.

And yet, she's still the best character on this entire fucking show. 

And then they tried to make a Val part 2 with Gina but her character was just plain annoying and whiny. Val at least was a good manipulator.

21 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

They should have brought up how he killed his girlfriend to show how he has a history of poor decisions when drunk.

I kept waiting for this to come up--it's a major part of his story, which was introduced THIS season! When the writers can't even remember stuff from a few months ago, it's baaaaad. 

What's great, though, are the Sassy article acting profiles. The Shannen one was spot-on!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

What's great, though, are the Sassy article acting profiles. The Shannen one was spot-on!

I think my standards are so low that I will look for any glimmers of "the acting".  I think when Shannen freaks out and ugly cries (when she has PTSD after the robbery), she does a really good job.   I think she even did a good job when Dylan/Kelly come to get her to tell her the truth of the summer.  I remember the look on her face when they arrive together at her house, she knows something is up.  

Given that Shannen was the most experienced actor and one that seemed the most professional, I'm surprised wasn't deemed the best.  

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, SoupThrower said:

- Kelly was nearly raped back in S2 and in S6 , how she didn't believe Val is just how? Then siding with Noah and thinks he is a swell guy? Oh and then she is in charge of medicine. Wouldn't her history of being in a cult, drug issues, and all that not show up? She is worse than Brandon....

Kelly doesn't have sympathy for anyone except herself.  I've seen her compared to Cersei on this board and that's a pretty good comparison as Cersei hates other women as well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RosieRose221 said:

13 episodes left of Brandon's bullshit

I keep track of the MVP/LVP like a gigantic nerd so I can fill in the spreadsheet and post it on the forum because it is IMPORTANT WORK Sarah and Tara are doing and it needs to be recorded for posterity... anyway, I use my notepad app on my phone and Brandon has been LVP so many times that any time I type the letter "b" my phone auto fills with Brandon. It's a curse. But also funny. 

• Love 15
  4 hours ago, RosieRose221 said:

13 episodes left of Brandon's bullshit

I keep track of the MVP/LVP like a gigantic nerd so I can fill in the spreadsheet and post it on the forum because it is IMPORTANT WORK Sarah and Tara are doing and it needs to be recorded for posterity... anyway, I use my notepad app on my phone and Brandon has been LVP so many times that any time I type the letter "b" my phone auto fills with Brandon. It's a curse. But also funny. 

lol and yes i agree it is very important work!

• Love 1
On 25/5/2018 at 8:47 PM, lefawn said:

Brandon is so bad it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps getting named LVP when he's not on the show any more.

His only chance to be MVP is when he quits the show. 

• Love 6

Seriously David was kind of decent this episode. Unlike everyone else in the gang and I question like our podcast hosts and other posters why Val wants to be friends with them?
When they were still in college.. maybe I get it a little even then she could do better, friend wise. But now? Ugh. They are terrible to you, Val, especially Brandon who you claim to have some sort of connection to. Why? Ugh.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2018 at 6:48 AM, Panda Bear said:

When the writers can't even remember stuff from a few months ago, it's baaaaad. 

They can't remember anything because they have to write 71,238 episodes per season!

On 5/27/2018 at 2:53 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Seriously David was kind of decent this episode. Unlike everyone else in the gang and I question like our podcast hosts and other posters why Val wants to be friends with them?

Especially since she's way cooler than all of them.  I just wish they had focused more on having Valerie blowing them off to go do cool things like hang out with celebrities in her club, getting involved in their scandals, showing up randomly on news clips or gossip mags, shit like that.  Instead, we get Val always acting so desperate to get them to like her, which is totally not her style (especially as she was introduced originally, not that the writers remember that either).    

• Love 5
On 5/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Did Tiffany Amber Thiessen want to leave the show or was her story arc just done so they booted her ?

I believe she wanted to leave the show to be on another show- Fastlane, was it? And I think Jennie Garth's husband at the time was on it too?

1 hour ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

I believe she wanted to leave the show to be on another show- Fastlane, was it? And I think Jennie Garth's husband at the time was on it too?

Can't blame her for leaving. Also, I know they could have found something for her to do, but I think they did everything they could with her character short of killing someone.. oh wait..

But the show did take a loss when she left. Yeah they had Val part 2 with Gina, but Val played her part so well. I never would have thought Kelly from saved by the bell would be a good actress unless it was a sweet, happy role.. but I have to say.. TAT was pretty good

• Love 2
On 6/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

I believe you're right. She definitely did Fastlane with the Fach. I'm assuming she liked him better than Jennie and that's why Garth is such a bitch about Tiffany now. (Weren't she and Tori really rude about her on some appearance last year?). 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, Lisin said:

I believe you're right. She definitely did Fastlane with the Fach. I'm assuming she liked him better than Jennie and that's why Garth is such a bitch about Tiffany now. (Weren't she and Tori really rude about her on some appearance last year?). 

She did Fastlane with Facinelli, but it was several years after she left 90210 - IMDB says she left 90210 in 1998 and Fastlane didn't premiere until 2002.

• Love 3
On 5/23/2018 at 1:22 AM, yousetmeupyoucrud said:

I think we can all agree that Val makes no sense and her plot lines and character arc should be universally taught as exactly how NOT to write a TV show.

And yet, she's still the best character on this entire fucking show. 

This. Val was terribly written, but I think the reason she still works as well as she does is TAT is one of the better actors on the show and actually manages to make Val seem like something approximating a real human being. If it weren't for her, Seasons 6-8 would be unwatchable. 

• Love 2