Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E15: Live Reunion Show

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 5/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

P.S. WHO ARE THE 3 COUPLES you guys are talking about?

That's what our gossipy Jeff of yore would have spent the whole reunion trying to find out.

3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

How is explaining how he built individual relationships or bonds with various players, kept his tribe happy and comfortable NOT answering and addressing the question?

It is an answer, yes, to a question that has no right or wrong answer, more like if I asked you if the painting Mona Lisa is relevant to contemporary art, you give me your view and arguments for it, which I may find relevant or not - totally my prerogative, because there is no right answer, just the fact that I find your answer convincing or not. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I agree. Between the two of them, I would have voted for Wendell, because he really did come across as a more compassionate and all around successful teammate. Initially I didn't like Dominic, I thought he was going to be another version of Tony, but he had a lot more depth to him. Still, choosing to engage in arguments with Chris (and I do blame Chris for starting them but Dom would have come across as much more mature had he handled it differently) and the way he chose to deal with Donathan's theatrics/paranoia, lost him Sebastian's vote at the very least. I'd have voted for Dom against anyone else but Wendell for me comes across as one of the smartest and most capable players I've seen in a long time. And incidentally stood out as excellent eye candy in a season that gave me a few choices! (Michael and James). Just in case you haven't seen Sebastian's view of Dominic's play:

https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-sebastian-noel-talks-survivor-jenna-bowman-relationship-update-and-why-he-was-livid-at-domenick-abbate-24032.php

A good reminder that we don't see the full picture thru the editing. Dom didn't look half as bad as he sounds in Sebastian's account.

Ok the  bullying is good and all but the bigger thing is that Wendell's targeting  Dom at a tribal and the editors not showing this to us? WTF are y'all doing out there, editors.

On an interesting note, if you watch the before the jury confessionals, it really is a reverse of how things were portrayed.  Wendell was dragged for not paying attention to the malolos which probably explains why most of their votes went to dom, while most people saw Wendell as the mastermind running things from the shadows with Dom being seen as the lieutenant who made sure that things got done. 

Also from the way they were talking, pre FTC, the votes were 5-3.5 Dom with Des being undecided and Angela being in Dom's camp and Kellyn desperately searching for a reason to vote for Laurel.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/27/2018 at 9:43 AM, himela said:

I didn't mean that women don't care to play the game thus gather wood rather that the women are more likely to stay at camp and cook and then wash clothes or do the dishes. Men due to being stronger are expected to go gather wood and cut it for the fire. So a woman who will start searching for wood on the first day will immediately be a red flag that she's looking for the idol.

I never saw roles such as cooking vs. firewood-gathering as being gender-based labor; more along the lines of skilled vs. unskilled labor.  Proper cooking, laundering of clothes, etc. take some degree of capability to not muck up and make a mess of things - whereas any moron can pick up a fucking stick.  ;)

On 5/27/2018 at 11:54 AM, kassandra8286 said:

I don't think whether or not you played a good social game is something you can convince a jury of by the time FTC rolls around. Good social game is in the eye of the beholder, whether or not they feel a connection to you is up to them to decide, not for you to convince them of. 

This is actually one of the areas where I feel Wendell fell down on the job at FTC - as Desiree illustrated pretty well in her about a rap music conversation not equating to a million bucks.  If a FTC finalist feels the need to convince a Juror that the two of them had a strong social connection, then the finalist is doomed before s/he starts; if it doesn’t exist past the realm of question, then it doesn’t exist.  Individual jurors already know with whom they have strong social bonds, so the finalists’ social game presentations aren’t (or shouldn’t, anyway) be geared towards last-minute attempts to create new relationships with individual jurors - they should be focused on showing jurors the relationships established by the finalist with other jurors, and how those relationships supported the finalist in pursuit of the final goal.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

HI Guys! :) 
I've finally been able to catch up (it really sucks that not only am I not able to watch live anymore, i am like weeks behind people now, so i missed chatting with my peeeople!!). my thoughts

1: now that we've gotten a tie, can we now please go back to odd # of jury, final 2. if you wanna eliminate the goat factor (which. whatever you're always gonna have  "a goat" start having the "you win immunity, then you have fire making or "know your jury" challenges two immunities earlier. it could work if you figured out the math

2: I thought Wendal was gonna win all season, but I thought that Dom won the jury, as Wendall's performance was very weak so was it Desiree/Chris (and Malolo minus Donathan who voted for Dom?) leaving the Navitti + Don + Laurel = Wendall? 

-----I still don't know if I like this format, because i feel that before you got everyone talking. now it's like. not so. but i do like the jury interactiony bit. so i dunno

3: Kellyn was my pick to win but she got dumb. Laurel got dumb too. So did Angela. 
---- Navitti strong got you voted off, Kellyn. deal with it. 
----Laurel, you had several chances to "make a big move' (and lord knows I hate that) but keeping the big guys around got you third. maybe picking them off, and going with Donathan and Angela gets you 1st. 

----Angela. you have a big big mouth. BIG. (So do you Donathan. "truthbombs" are just ways to tank your game. you aren't Mike Holloway.)

4: I... kinda didn't mind Ghost Island. (I mean let's be honest it's exile island with survivor history) but not all exile islands are dumb. this falls in the not dumb category

5::I would pay good money for one contestant to just go "Shut up Jeff." when he's ribbing them for being slow/getting lost/not in the challenge. they're still trying, you big dumbo. 

6: Dom's Fake Idol Play. i thought that was perfect. Kellyn's and Seb's reaction "omg you were so rude when you were trying to fake us out." with regards to that was so weird (and dumb). like you have to play that aggressively. so many times people "fake" it, and it's obvious it's not real. it wasn't the Wentworth Ohh yaaaaahhhh BABY when she saved herself (which - was well deserved imo. i think if you play the idol/advantage right, do a fist bump). i honestly feel that Kellyn was never voting for Dom because he picked Laurel over her. just own it. 

• Love 1

ON 5/26/2018 AT 11:01 AM,  PEACHMANGOSTEEN SAID: 

This whole discussion of Wendell just being the quieter, more utr member but still playing just as good a game as Dom made me think about how if Wendell was a woman then he almost certainly would not have won.

Probably.  But I also don’t think Dom would have won if he was a woman because he would have been seen as a bitch

That's so interesting and sadly true. If Wendell had been a woman, he would have been labeled a coattail rider. 

I'm glad we finally got the long-awaited tie vote. Laurel looked pretty shocked to get a goose egg, I guess she thought she had Donathan's vote on lock. Too bad for Dom that she didn't, that one vote swinging to Laurel would have given him the win. 

I found Michael a bit obnoxious in the final tribal, after liking him during the game. The new jury format maybe gives a bit too much freedom for 1 or 2 people to hog the talking time. 

I thought Wendell would win before FTC and then thought Dom would win after FTC. Wendell's performance was rather defensive while Dom's demeanor remained the same.

I wish I'd realized Wendell was from Philly earlier, I would have been rooting for him more, lol. Immediately after he won, we got a special bulletin running across the bottom of the screen, I was worried we were going to war with N Korea or something, but no, it was just a bulletin about a Philly native winning Survivor! 

I guess Kevin Hart didn't know that either, after the fool he made of himself at the Eagles Super Bowl win, I was expecting him to say something about a fellow Philadelphian winning. It would have at least tied his presence to the show more than whatever that stupid game show is. 

Agreed with all that this reunion was yet another waste of time, albeit a shorter waste of time than usual. I still have no idea why the Erik/James segment had to be included, we've all seen their "dumbest Survivor moments" at least a gazillion times. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Daisy said:

5::I would pay good money for one contestant to just go "Shut up Jeff." when he's ribbing them for being slow/getting lost/not in the challenge. they're still trying, you big dumbo. 

If it makes you feel better, that's what I say constantly thru the challenges. Although we haven't actually heard anyone say that (I am sure it would be edited out, and production would make sure that punishment would be in order - say, giving them the useless tube on Ghost Island), I like to think we came pretty close on two occasions:

1) when the giant wave just about knocked Probst over during the challenge at Millennials vs. Gen X in 2016. (well, possibly not as giant as I remembered and hoped for....)

2) When Habbah loudly encouraged her teammates by shouting compliments during a challenge, right after Probst threw out his insults. (I think it was Hannah during the same season - tried looking it up and I couldn't find the precise info.) Anyway, I'm sure we aren't alone in this.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PreBabylonia said:

Although we haven't actually heard anyone say that (I am sure it would be edited out, and production would make sure that punishment would be in order

Penner basically said it and it wasn't edited out.  I feel like it's happened one other time... Cochran, maybe?  

I haven't seen every Survivor (so I guess I'm not a superfan!) I think I have seen Penner in two seasons so I must have missed it somehow - although I'm tempted to think that was before they promoted Probst to executive producer. I used to really like him but it seems as if his ego is now so huge, he wouldn't tolerate any criticism. Was this a few years ago? (Don't remember seeing that with Cochran either)

3 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Penner basically said it and it wasn't edited out.  I feel like it's happened one other time... Cochran, maybe?  

4 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

My favorite Penner line ever during a challenge is “My Ass!”. I think it was during FVF and they were attempting to break a tile and they were missing it. Too Funny!

2 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I haven't seen every Survivor (so I guess I'm not a superfan!) I think I have seen Penner in two seasons so I must have missed it somehow - although I'm tempted to think that was before they promoted Probst to executive producer. I used to really like him but it seems as if his ego is now so huge, he wouldn't tolerate any criticism. Was this a few years ago? (Don't remember seeing that with Cochran either)

Cook Islands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGlxyOP-zjE

I see some say Courtney told him to shut up, too.  Here Jeff says it happens to him a lot.   

Not only did Courtney say "Stuff it, Probst!" but also my favorite withering "Thank you, Jeffrey" when he suggested the Villains should vote her off instead of the Big Strong Men They Need For Challenges.

Wendell's banter with Jeff at challenges is one of the reasons I love him, and I think I'm not the only one -- honestly I think it's a mark that the editors want people to like you, because everyone loves it when you talk back to Probst!

• Love 8
On 5/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, PreBabylonia said:

If it makes you feel better, that's what I say constantly thru the challenges. Although we haven't actually heard anyone say that (I am sure it would be edited out, and production would make sure that punishment would be in order - say, giving them the useless tube on Ghost Island), I like to think we came pretty close on two occasions:

1) when the giant wave just about knocked Probst over during the challenge at Millennials vs. Gen X in 2016. (well, possibly not as giant as I remembered and hoped for....)

2) When Habbah loudly encouraged her teammates by shouting compliments during a challenge, right after Probst threw out his insults. (I think it was Hannah during the same season - tried looking it up and I couldn't find the precise info.) Anyway, I'm sure we aren't alone in this.

Jeff getting smacked by the wave is one of the best moments in the ENTIRE series.

HOWEVER, some perv edited that clip.  They put Michaela losing her top directly before Jeff getting hit.  That is NOT how it happened in the show.  Michaela losing her top happened way way before.  Jeff getting hit by the wave happened at the end of the challenge.  Drives me crazy.  Wish we had a perfect clip of it.