Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, gotta watch said:

When Chantel does her talking heads, she looks like she's literally trying to speak through gritted teeth. I don't know if she talks like that all the time, but I really notice it in her TH's.

Also. Has anyone else noticed the intro thingies they show before they show a couple's sequence...in Chantel and Pedro's, they look like they are both trying really hard to get a modelling job. They're both "posing" and staring off dramatically into the distance. In different directions. I searched the googles and couldn't find it, but It cracks me up every time.

They do that with all of the couples.  If they're about to show a 'fight' scene, they'll have their arms crossed. It is pretty funny.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Not sure if this has been addressed but what’s up with Pao’s sister’s teeth?  Braces? Silver teeth? Rot?  Yes, I’m shallow. Lol

I saw braces, myself.

• Love 11
(edited)

So I never watched Chantal and Pedro, Jorge and Anfisa (I watched their special tho) or Pao and Russ.   Is it me or is Chantal's family horrible?  They really do look down their noses at Pedro and his family (although I watched the confrontation between Chantal and Pedro's mom and sister and damn, they were outrageously horrible to her) and seemed to be goading him during that trip.  Like, give him 5 minutes to get comfortable before you get all up in his space.  And her mom threatening to turn the car around?  Um, Pedro and Chantal are married adults in their late twenties.  Maybe don't treat them like they're teenagers?  Why is Chantal acting like a teenager trying to get out of being grounded?  Why does she have a normal name and her siblings are named like members of a folk band?  Why does River not see the obvious sideshow bob comparison?

So many questions.

Annie airing all of David's daughter's dirty laundry on tv was EVERYTHING.  She'd better be looking over her shoulder right about now. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, lezlers said:

So I never watched Chantal and Pedro, Jorge and Anfisa (I watched their special tho) or Pao and Russ.   Is it me or is Chantal's family horrible?  They really do look down their noses at Pedro and his family (although I watched the confrontation between Chantal and Pedro's mom and sister and damn, they were outrageously horrible to her) and seemed to be goading him during that trip.  Like, give him 5 minutes to get comfortable before you get all up in his space.  And her mom threatening to turn the car around?  Um, Pedro and Chantal are married adults in their late twenties.  Maybe don't treat them like they're teenagers?  Why is Chantal acting like a teenager trying to get out of being grounded?  Why does she have a normal name and her siblings are named like members of a folk band?  Why does River not see the obvious sideshow bob comparison?

So many questions.

Annie airing all of David's daughter's dirty laundry on tv was EVERYTHING.  She'd better be looking over her shoulder right about now. 

This is the first season for me watching the Family Chantal and I can't get over how horrible both families are.   Pedro's mother and sister are so greedy and rude, talking about Chantal's family on the phone with Pedro knowing that Chantal is sitting right there hearing everything.    And her family is no prize either.  That driving in the car scene must have been hell to sit through, they need to just ease up on the guy.  I thought them not getting out of the van to see his grandmother was awful, I saw one "wild dog" and zero militia during that scene,  it really showed how ignorant they are.    Also why is Chantal's sister so quiet? I think I've heard her speak maybe once?  Why does her father constantly smile like that when he talks?  He looks like a serial killer. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Ok, someone needs to bottom line me (please).  Tell me like I’m slow:  what exactly is the webcam thing that Anfisa does, and how does she make money from this?

I'm probably the least observant person within 200 miles, and even I noticed her lips aren’t balloons any more.  

From what I understand, Anfisa sits in a room, and guys like Jorge log in and sit in the dark and watch her, uh, do things to herself. They can even type in requests and get very specific. (Eew, right?) Not sure if the sessions are one-on-one or parties. Also not sure if she brokers herself or was pimped out. It's like the online equivalent of a peep show. That's how Anfisa could be a sex worker and quite possibly still be a virgin as none of the guys would ever lay a hand on her.  She's very up front about such things so it wouldn't surprise me. After such humiliation, the thought of sex with anyone would be distasteful unless she was getting something out of it, like a new purse.

Jorge treats her with a complete lack of respect which is very sad. It's a shame that he cannot see her as a whole person because she might actually like him back.  Most likely she sees him as one of the groveling, drooling oafs jacking off behind his keyboard, and he sees her as a whore. She was so young when she got into the business. I'm guessing she was recruited and exploited.  That's why I enjoyed her lingerie modeling shoot because it was Anfisa embracing her sexuality, not naked, but in a Victoria's Secret kind of way, and on her terms. She seemed empowered. She needs to find a lover that she's actually attracted to physically. Someone who takes pride in himself.  Jorge lives like a lying liar who is full of self-loathing. And he treats her horribly. How can she respect that? Anfisa is going places. He's making stoned and stupid decisions. Yaay, pot!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Why does her father constantly smile like that when he talks?  He looks like a serial killer. 

He always reminds me of Terrence Howard in Empire... 

• Love 5

I am shocked.  SHOCKED! That Hassan/Azan did not get his K1 visa.   The injustice of it all.  Those two crazy kids deserve to be together.   I’m ready to start a campaign to bring Azan to the states.   He and Nicole need to be together.   I need them together just for the entertainment value.   

Annie Poor, your husband’s kids are not crazy, just angry.  Their dad, after destroying his own family, disappears for years and the shows up with a 25 year old sex worker wife.   Yeah. Can’t understand why David’s daughter might be a tad pissed off.  You ,both deserve each other.  Just a heads up, your husband is a user and sociopath.  He will turn on you soon enough and send you back to Chris, your sponsor.  

I hope Family Chantel is getting compensated handsomely for appearing on the show. They are coming off as truly mean and disgusting.  I guess there are some people that will do anyto be on TV.   I don’t get it.

Molly is confused.  She doesn’t want a husband, she needs an au pair.  And she needs to keep her loser boyfriends away from her kids, too.  Molly dates losers because she thinks she is doing them a favor and will owe her.  Sorry, but I don’t know any man who would sign up to be his girlfriend’s nanny and maid.  I don’t know any real woman that would expect it, unlesss she is self and clueless.  

Russ,  the best thing that can happen to you would be your wife staying in Columbia, riding off in the sunset with her ex.   Have you noticed that your life has gone to shit since she has been in the picture?  You need to cut her loose and get your life back.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

Annie Poor, your husband’s kids are not crazy, just angry.  Their dad, after destroying his own family, disappears for years and the shows up with a 25 year old sex worker wife.   Yeah. Can’t understand why David’s daughter might be a tad pissed off.  You ,both deserve each other.  Just a heads up, your husband is a user and sociopath.  He will turn on you soon enough and send you back to Chris, your sponsor.  

I am guessing that Annie just can't take David's kids' anger about their shitty childhoods  too seriously  since her parents probably farmed her out to do sex work with sweaty, nasty old men as soon as she hit puberty.  When comparing shitty upbringings, David's kids have a whole slew of First World Problems that Annie probably wished she had. 

Annie probably can't wait to go back to Chirs. After a few months with David, living at Chris's deluxe pad might just be worth a few thai meals and massages by the pool.  As I posted previously, she is halfway out the door. She already figured out how to cut sexy time down by 71% - and blame it on David's kids. She ain't dumb.

After what she has been through as a sex worker, I think she will take any job she can find to hussle out a living away from David and to help her parents. She may not end up living the American Dream a la Chris and Nikki, but she she will be able to find a decent enough guy to have kids with so they won't have to grow up in the sex trade. 

And since David is such a sociopath and a user, I have no qualms about Annie using him and moving on. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

Pedro's family are kind of one-note greed bags, unpleasant but nowhere near as utterly repellent as Chantel's bougie bunch of snobs. And what do they have to be snobbish about, exactly? A truly classy and polite person would try to make Pedro feel at home and comfortable, not indulge in the petty, marginalizing behavior they do. And River's over investment in his sister's life is nothing short of creepy.

11 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

I am guessing that Annie just can't take David's kids' anger about their shitty childhoods  too seriously  since her parents probably farmed her out to do sex work with sweaty, nasty old men as soon as she hit puberty.  When comparing shitty upbringings, David's kids have a whole slew of First World Problems that Annie probably wished she had. 

Annie probably can't wait to go back to Chirs. After a few months with David, living at Chris's deluxe pad might just be worth a few thai meals and massages by the pool.  As I posted previously, she is halfway out the door. She already figured out how to cut sexy time down by 71% - and blame it on David's kids. She ain't dumb.

After what she has been through as a sex worker, I think she will take any job she can find to hussle out a living away from David and to help her parents. She may not end up living the American Dream a la Chris and Nikki, but she she will be able to find a decent enough guy to have kids with so they won't have to grow up in the sex trade. 

And since David is such a sociopath and a user, I have no qualms about Annie using him and moving on. 

Yup, Team Annie here. I don't know what I'd do to get out of a BJ bar in Bangkok, but I'm guessing its a lot. She'll be working three jobs as soon as she can, squirreling away her dimes and dollars and leaving David in his squalid dump of a firehouse, mewling "why? WHYYYYYY? we had a love for the ages!" while she jets off to, well, anywhere. She won't be wasting any time giving skeevy Chris poolside massages. She'll do a CNA program or a bookkeeping course or go to dental hygienist school. She's not dumb and she's got some hustle. Step one, get the hell out of Thailand, is complete.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro's family are kind of one-note greed bags, unpleasant but nowhere near as utterly repellent as Chantel's bougie bunch of snobs. And what do they have to be snobbish about, exactly? A truly classy and polite person would try to make Pedro feel at home and comfortable, not indulge in the petty, marginalizing behavior they do. And River's over investment in his sister's life is nothing short of creepy.

Yup, Team Annie here. I don't know what I'd do to get out of a BJ bar in Bangkok, but I'm guessing its a lot. She'll be working three jobs as soon as she can, squirreling away her dimes and dollars and leaving David in his squalid dump of a firehouse, mewling "why? WHYYYYYY? we had a love for the ages!" while she jets off to, well, anywhere. She won't be wasting any time giving skeevy Chris poolside massages. She'll do a CNA program or a bookkeeping course or go to dental hygienist school. She's not dumb and she's got some hustle. Step one, get the hell out of Thailand, is complete.

Cosign EVERYTHING! ;-) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I’m not too sure if David would allow it.  Pretty sure he will make sure she hands him her paycheck directly.  Unless she can get a job that pays cash, I don’t see her being able to save anything while living with David. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2018 at 11:35 PM, AussieBabe said:

Didn't Chris offer him a partnership in his restaurant venture and the sad sack turned him down? What is his refusal to take on a 9-5 job about? Umm, dude. You can't be kept or expect anybody to just take care of you and your wife. 

I have known oh so many people (usually men, just sayin') who refuse to work 9-5 as it will cramp their style or they are a free bird.  Whatever.  That usually means they are unemployed.  

Back to David - get a job, any job....please!!  I am addicted to McD's coffee and all around town there are men in their 30's and 40's working there.  Just get employed somewhere, and please stop talking about your love life sex life on tv.

5 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Molly is confused.  She doesn’t want a husband, she needs an au pair.  And she needs to keep her loser boyfriends away from her kids, too.  Molly dates losers because she thinks she is doing them a favor and will owe her.  Sorry, but I don’t know any man who would sign up to be his girlfriend’s nanny and maid.  I don’t know any real woman that would expect it, unlesss she is self and clueless.  

I fully expect to see Luis painting Molly's toenails while she watches TV.

• Love 2

I don’t think Azan wants to come to the U.S. Not everyone wants to move here. I think he is happy improving his life at home, and that of his family, with the money sent by clueless women. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I am shocked.  SHOCKED! That Hassan/Azan did not get his K1 visa.   The injustice of it all.  Those two crazy kids deserve to be together.   I’m ready to start a campaign to bring Azan to the states.   He and Nicole need to be together.   

This is (hands down) the funniest thing that’s been said since we’ve been picking this episode apart.  If she goes there, it’s a disaster.  If he comes here, it’s a disaster.  Either way, it would be Dani/Mo all over again.  Hassan/Azan is just so incredibly creepy to me.  His whole personality screams scam artist.  And her whole personality if way too lazy to scream ANYthing.  Two years from now, we’re going to be laughing like crazy when someone captures her lamenting “Azan frauded me!”  

I loved Dani/Mo.  I swear I had her pic on my phone as the screen saver back in those days.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I don’t think Azan wants to come to the U.S. Not everyone wants to move here. I think he is happy improving his life at home, and that of his family, with the money sent by clueless women. 

I think you are right - he likes his life overseas, is not all that interested in American culture or becoming an American.  And that is okay - he needs to tell that to Jabba if it is how he feels.

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I fully expect to see Luis painting Molly's toenails while she watches TV.

I think you have it the wrong way - Molly will be primping on Luis.  Anything to get him to stay.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 1

Remember:  Pedro and Chantal hooked up at the hotel while she was on vacation.  They fell in lust after sex and thought they couldn't live without each other.  Not the best foundation for a marriage.  They never even considered their respective families, and how they would get on together, or how each would be accepted by the other's family.  Oh, but see, that's what happens when YOU'RE 20!!  Not to say that some 20 can't get married, but for the majority, seriously, there is no forethought.  None.

They deserve what they have.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Right? He can barely be arsed to act like he's interested in Nicole. He looks like the girl cat in Pepe LePew cartoons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think he wants to come here.   He just doesn’t want to be with Nichole.   I think he genuinely likes May and cares about her.  Of course he purposely bombed his interview.   He just wants Nichole to keep sending the money until he finds another desperate woman that he can actually stomach.  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lesia said:

Remember:  Pedro and Chantal hooked up at the hotel while she was on vacation.  They fell in lust after sex and thought they couldn't live without each other.  Not the best foundation for a marriage.  They never even considered their respective families, and how they would get on together, or how each would be accepted by the other's family.  Oh, but see, that's what happens when YOU'RE 20!!  Not to say that some 20 can't get married, but for the majority, seriously, there is no forethought.  None.

They deserve what they have.  

Exactly.  I think of this show as my college age son is getting ready to study abroad next fall in Sweden.  Will he meet a Swedish girl?  Will they fall in love and want to marry?  Perhaps.....but she won't want to leave Sweden, lol!

Per the bolding:  Funny, they never thought about their families before and now?  "My family this!" and "MY FAMILY that!"

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? He can barely be arsed to act like he's interested in Nicole. He looks like the girl cat in Pepe LePew cartoons.

Bolding mine:  QUOTE OF THE WEEK!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4

I would bet my last dollar that Annie’s parents will never see a dime from the balance David owes them. 

It’s hard to say what you would do in anyone else’s shoes but I think if i were Nicole’s mother (after I slapped myself up side my head for raising such a dolt) I’d call her bluff and say go to Morroco. She’ll get her fat ass soon enough once she’s on a steady diet of tangine and no nookie from Azan.

I so want to scoop that kid up in my arms and run like hell. Nicole wouldn’t be able to catch me. Hell, Imma take Kinsley while I’m at it.  

I didn’t even realize Chantal has a sister.  Good for her for making herself scarce.  I have the feeling she gets very little attention from her parents.

• Love 9
(edited)

Remember the complete lack of control Miss Grabby Hands initially displayed in Morocco? It occurred to me that Nicole's sticky hotel room will become a rape cave for Azan if she ever gets him alone in there. He'd better never come to the States unless he's planning on becoming her smothered sex slave for the next two years.

Seriously, that part in the brain that tells most people to stop... the prefrontal cortex, in her head it is very tiny or damaged indeed. Stop pawing at Azan. Don't eat the whole tube of Oreos. Quit whining.

It's been said before, but I think it bears repeating. Nicole is one big id. It's all sex and food and comfort balled up into one big selfish, aching need.

Same way with Jorge. Quit leading with your penis, Jorge. It's off-putting.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
hyphenation
  • Love 8

I finally got caught up on theses 2 episodes (I think that’s all there’s been so far.) Random thoughts, in no particular order:

1. The Boobs Chantel are out of control.

2. The Family Chantel are mean spirited bullies. 

3. Chantel grits her teeth when she talks it’s like all she can do not to spit venom. Her face is disturbing in the talking heads. 

4. Nicole-Good god woman, pull yourself together. Her whiney baby talk when speaking to Azan “Wha hahpenned?!” 

5. Has Molly had her drivers license revoked? Someone else is always driving. 

6. Molly is infuriating. She doesn’t want to “give up” on her marriage-how about not giving up on your kids? 

7. Olivia is the smartest one on this show. Period. 

• Love 14

ITA, Hassan/Azan doesn't really want to come to the US to be with Nicole. He likes their situation now--thousands of miles separate them and she sends him money. He underestimated her, though. She really threw him with the K-3 spousal visa stuff. He doesn't seem to really understand: Nicole will never give up. She's persistent and needy, a bad combo.

• Love 8

All of these couples are so completely awful. They are really stupid, stupid people and completely unsuited for each other. 

I can't stop watching. I hate watch with a vengeance, but I simply can't look away. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

ITA, Hassan/Azan doesn't really want to come to the US to be with Nicole. He likes their situation now--thousands of miles separate them and she sends him money. He underestimated her, though. She really threw him with the K-3 spousal visa stuff. He doesn't seem to really understand: Nicole will never give up. She's persistent and needy, a bad combo.

He’ll never get rid of her. She’ll hunt him down like Lt Gerard hunted Dr Richard Kimball. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I just realized episode 3 is On Demand before it airs. 

Edited to add. Now I get it. 90 minutes of the episode is available in advance but you still have to wait until Sunday night to watch the rest 

Spoiler

Winter TALKS! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
On 5/28/2018 at 2:31 PM, Jean-Beth said:

image.png.aeacf97fded1291338d89a3fad4ee902.png

Careful, Nicole!  You keep that up, your eyes will stay that way.

She’s just so ugly that it’s painful to look at her!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just realized episode 3 is On Demand before it airs. 

Yep, thus far all the episodes have been On Demand before they actually air. I watched episode 3 yesterday.

WTF happened that Anfisa is now the one of the whole cast who doesn't get on my nerves? She seems to have matured a little and I don't mind watching her. Jorge is still an idiot. But hey, whatever makes her happy.

Chantel's family needs to have several seats and STFU. It's like they continually badger Pedro. If they are so concerned with Chantel's marriage, get a private investigator and be done. They might find out more than they bargained for.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Deafening Roar said:

Yep, thus far all the episodes have been On Demand before they actually air. I watched episode 3 yesterday.

WTF happened that Anfisa is now the one of the whole cast who doesn't get on my nerves? She seems to have matured a little and I don't mind watching her. Jorge is still an idiot. But hey, whatever makes her happy.

Chantel's family needs to have several seats and STFU. It's like they continually badger Pedro. If they are so concerned with Chantel's marriage, get a private investigator and be done. They might find out more than they bargained for.

River gets so cocky when he's bolstered by his mom and his sister. On his own he'd run like a scared jackrabbit.

• Love 11
(edited)

In that pic she looks like the unattractive and blond younger sister of Mindy Cohn.

I don't  why but every time they show the clip, I think it's really funny. "I don't care to try a chicken foot."

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3

I googled to see if, as I suspected, David got taken for a ride on that dowry thing.  According to these guys,  "an average middle-class, university-educated Thai lady deserves a dowry of 100,000- 300,000 baht.  Thai dowry prices fall drastically if your bride-to-be has been previously married, already has children, or is not a virgin anymore. In fact in most of these instances, no dowry deserves to be paid. Thai dowry, however, is usually symbolic in nature and will normally be returned to the married couple after the wedding, so as to help them start on their new life. "

Nothing symbolic about this family's $500K baht extortion effort, and more power to them!

• Love 7
(edited)

And wasn't that Thai gold jewelry brassy looking? I guess it's 23K "baht" gold, but it sure looks cheap to me. I noticed that David pawned one of Annie’s necklaces, but HE’S still wearing a bracelet. What a prince! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2018 at 7:47 PM, booboopbedoo said:

The more I watch Mo;;y-the more I think she is Special Needs

No one can be that stupid and annoying.

I am a special ed teacher, Molly is not special needs, to me, yes....people can be that stupid and annoying.  When Molly got done talking to her daughter a friends house then did a talking head shot, talking to the camera saying:  "My kids come first....(crying a little) I just luv ma kids....." I was talking back "No you don't!!! You are a selfish witch!!"

• Love 2

Hi everyone :)

It is my first post here but deffinitely not my last. I just wanted to tell everyone Anfisa is not driving a mercedes she is driving a vw passat. That is not an expesive car, 

• Love 9