Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm seeing duplicate posts so I don't know if you all will see this more than once, but I posted this in the spoilerly thread for Before the 90 Days

Paul and Karine from Brazil and Darcey and Jesse from Netherlands are slated to appear along with five new couples on August 5. Starcasm Article

They will be discussed in the Before the 90 Days forum

Just saw where Anfisa answered some questions in a different Starcasm article. I think she answered them on social media and they are just compiled in the article, but don't see any spoilers for the upcoming reunion. It does answer a few questions people have asked about her, though.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well they are in separate rooms but who knows what Miss Nicole has up her sleeve.   I think she's anxious and where there's a will there's a way.  Maybe he is able to evade her advances???   Anyway it only takes once and boom preggers.  I read around and no mention of it anywhere.  She just looks drawn and not made up.  Not even lipstick. 

I just read the bolded above- as where there's a will there's a May

(edited)
6 hours ago, ThinkerBell said:

I was surprised to see Gene Simmons making a cameo appearance as Molly's divorce lawyer.

That office they showed Molly driving up to looks familiar. 

ETA Hubby says like a lot of buildings near here.  Maybe Beth and Danielle can help me find it. Lol

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What kind of work did David do prior to going to Thailand?

I think that dinner party was at Chantel's sisters home.  Not the parents.  Sorry if I'm late to the party on that one.

Well, u could be right on that. Because in the early days of this saga it showed the parents home and it was a lot bigger and nicer than the one in the family fight. I was wondering why the change of houses. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, lucy711 said:

Yes, I heard this too, but I mean she should have forced him- as in sued him in court to establish paternity.  I understand what people are saying on here that maybe she was a minor when she got pregnant, so that may explain it.  But I couldn't imagine not taking the man I thought was the father of my child to court.

Given Jorge's profession, I wonder what the odds are that a court order for child support would get her very far? It's not like he has a paycheck to garnish, he's always driving a different vehicle (so who knows if actually owns much of anything in his name) and didn't seem to even have a permanent residence when he first appeared on the show (possibly making it difficult to have him served). Maybe she could attach a bank account or tax returns, but I assume if his business is mostly cash, he could hide a lot.

My personal theory is that in the beginning Jorge gave her money (at least periodically), and she knew that her chances of getting much out of him via court order were dicey, so she figured it was better than nothing. Then Anfisa came on the scene, and suddenly ALL of Jorge's money (and then some) was spoken for. Jorge completely ghosted the baby momma, leading her to track down Anfisa on social media, because Anfisa was easier to find than Jorge.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Everyone in the Family Chantel had their instructions in the fight... Father Chantel broke rank and tried to cover the chicken wings. He’s being re-indoctrinated.

He's being sent to re-education camp. Chicken wings will be withheld until further notice. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sienna said:

Given Jorge's profession, I wonder what the odds are that a court order for child support would get her very far? It's not like he has a paycheck to garnish, he's always driving a different vehicle (so who knows if actually owns much of anything in his name) and didn't seem to even have a permanent residence when he first appeared on the show (possibly making it difficult to have him served). Maybe she could attach a bank account or tax returns, but I assume if his business is mostly cash, he could hide a lot.

My personal theory is that in the beginning Jorge gave her money (at least periodically), and she knew that her chances of getting much out of him via court order were dicey, so she figured it was better than nothing. Then Anfisa came on the scene, and suddenly ALL of Jorge's money (and then some) was spoken for. Jorge completely ghosted the baby momma, leading her to track down Anfisa on social media, because Anfisa was easier to find than Jorge.

The ex girlfriend said that Anfisa showed up on HER page.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, seniorpatriot said:

Pretty sure Anfisa (in an earlier episode) claimed that the baby momma contacted her, back when Anfisa was still living in Russia.

• Love 1

About the Family Chantel fight, my take on it is that Chantel has been taking the brunt end of Pedro constantly putting his family before her.  Even when Nicole called her a bitch in the DR.  He never defnds her with them, and he always cares more about them than he dos his wife. So culture or not, Pedro is a loser. His family doesnt need tv sets. 

I do not like Pedro at all, and I think after the fight Chantel was glad to have family on her side only for a change. She was still very mad when she went home, and very upset. So Pedro's sister wanting to go home would not have calmed her down. He should have given Chantel more notice about his skanky sister coming to to stay at her home, told her about buying the plane ticket, defended Chantel about the whole not sleeping on the sofa thing, and so on and so on. Pedro started this whole crappy thing that eventually became a fight. 

7 hours ago, iwasish said:

Azan will probably pressure Nicole to reimburse his mother and sister for the wedding and since she has said her funds are limited, I can see her fleeing back to the US ( she can only stay 90 days as a tourist) to avoid that. I only hope her sister who she is allegedly living with in FL now, charges her substantial rent. She needs to grow up and have to start supporting herself and her child without handouts or discounts because she’s a dumb fuck. (Which I dont really think she is. She’s really dumb like a fox, and a pro at scamming her own family, she just can’t recognize when she’s getting scammed)

I saw on the previews for the tell all that Nicole and Azan were together in Morroco, not even there in person. But I agree, she keeps talking about the money she has saved for them and I bet Azan talks her into paying his sister back. I would want to see receipts of what she spent! Poor dumb Nicole won't even think about that.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

Do you think Chantel is able to watch the show and see a different prospective??  Do you think she continues to close her eyes and believe what her family wants her to believe (despite what is clearly recorded).

Chantel Mommy laid the groundwork, and River started the fight.  So yeah...there was an ambush.

I was wondering about this as well.  Maybe instead of focusing on eyelashes she could focus on an eye exam.  Hope they bought a TV in addition to the couch so that she can give herself a reality check.  

Or she could make it easy on herself and just check soshul meedia. The way she described her parents' allegedly benevolent involvement was insane. Beginning to think that perhaps Nicole did this and realized she came across as a clueless cow while in Morocco last time.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

What were your favorite quotes from last night? There were so many I know I'm missing a lot, but these jumped out at me...

Jorge to Anfisa when she asked if he had contacted his ex about paternity. "I like, didn't get around to it." (he put the word LIKE at least once in every sentence.) 

Mother Chantel: "We were having such a nice dinner!"

River: "He broke my shirt." 

Pao: "I sacrificed SO much!"

"Justice for River"

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Anfisawillbemine said:

Pedro changes to “oh shit, I was joking! She’s for real!”

"And then how would I be able to send my grifter mother and stanky ho sister money every month?  Let me go kick a salad and think about it."

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

Chantel has been taking the brunt end of Pedro constantly putting his family before her.  Even when Nicole called her a bitch in the DR.  He never defnds her with them, and he always cares more about them than he dos his wife. So culture or not, Pedro is a loser. His family doesnt need tv sets. 

Exactly.

• Love 4

After all this, if Azan and Nicole do not get married, it will be a letdown. Not that these two are a good match in any way, but I was looking forward to seeing a beautiful Moroccan wedding, and will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen.

I hope that in addition to free rent, that David is also getting a salary for managing the storage facility. He’s going to need it in order to buy Annie an electric wok, stovetop and rice cooker for their new apartment.  Being able to cook her delicious Thai food has likely been the only thing keeping her sane in Kentucky.

Anfisa is still with Jorge only for the show.  There could be no other reason, could there?

I prefer Pao’s natural hair color.

The worst part about the Family Chantel / Pedro fight, was seeing all of that salad on the floor.  I hate to see good food go to waste. I hope the cast, crew or someone was able to eat what remained of the dinner still safely on the table.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

What were your favorite quotes from last night? There were so many I know I'm missing a lot, but these jumped out at me...

Jorge to Anfisa when she asked if he had contacted his ex about paternity. "I like, didn't get around to it." (he put the word LIKE at least once in every sentence.) 

Mother Chantel: "We were having such a nice dinner!"

River: "He broke my shirt." 

Pao: "I sacrificed SO much!"

Molly:  " My girls mean everything to me! "

• Love 2
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Doesn't Chantal have an older sister that has refused to be on the show?  If so, that may be the sister she stayed with.

She has an older sister?  Let me guess: Summer, Lake, Rain-Drop?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

Well, u could be right on that. Because in the early days of this saga it showed the parents home and it was a lot bigger and nicer than the one in the family fight. I was wondering why the change of houses. 

The first season the Casa de Family Chantel was shown as a typical brick McMansion. Then there was a scene of the family packing things, apparently to move. Now they are being filmed in a much more modest house. I have a theory about that. Maybe they were helping WINTER to move to the second (filmed) house and she hasn’t been there long enough for it to look “lived in.”

• Love 1
15 hours ago, millennium said:

What if you don't have a police report?

You will get a paper saying there were no records for you.  My husband has no criminal history, but he has had to get criminal clearance for jobs.  The papers always have some form of the note that there were no records found for him - he's had them from local all the way up to federal.

4 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

I think it probably showed up as "Someone you may know" or something similar - especially if they share mutual friends.

4 hours ago, seniorpatriot said:

About the Family Chantel fight, my take on it is that Chantel has been taking the brunt end of Pedro constantly putting his family before her.  Even when Nicole called her a bitch in the DR.  He never defnds her with them, and he always cares more about them than he dos his wife. So culture or not, Pedro is a loser. His family doesnt need tv sets. 

Chantel mis-understood - Nicole never called her a B.  But she didn't do herself any favors when Chantel asked her if she called her that, and she said "Yes".

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Splithair said:

The crazy thing is, at least in some states, squatters have rights. Especially with no lease. If someone has been living somewhere for some time, it's not always easy to kick them out. (Not sure if this applies to true squatters or just those who were offered a place to stay.)

Kentucky's "Squatter's Rights" laws are more related to adverse possession, which wouldn't apply to David. What would apply is tenant's rights. Even though David never paid rent, he would have some tenant's rights because he was permitted to stay there. Generally, these laws are applicable to people who don't pay rent to deter owners from kicking out someone they've allowed to stay there with short/no notice. David could contest the two-day notice term if he wanted to, but a) he doesn't want to anger his benefactor, and b) we don't even know if the two-day notice is accurate or if it was made up for the sake of the show. Even if he did, he'd destroy his relationship with Chris, and he'd still lose. At most he'd get more time at the firehouse while Chris set up a formal eviction. There's probably more I'm not aware of--I'm not licensed in KY and just did a brief skim of a few articles--but typically in situations like these, David and Annie would have some, but not a lot of, recourse.

• Love 5

What a dumpster fire this show is!

David Annie

So let me get this straight. They’re moving to a storage facility, which probably sells boxes, but they move their belongings in used Wal-Mart bags? David borrows money for whore dowries and blow jobs, but he’s too proud to ask for a few boxes from Chris’ storage facility? Whuh?!?

Pao & Puss

That is as a fake ass fight. She couldn’t even hold in her smirk.  If Puss was a real man, he would have left when she stormed out the room.  One night at a hotel without answering her calls would put something on her mind.  She’s so narcissistic it isn’t funny. Newsflash chic, you’re an old, married, washed up never-was, with muppet hair who peaked in high school.  Your carrr-rear is already over. My guess is if she doesn’t return next season she’ll be on the Miami version of the chittlin’ circuit. 

Jorge & Anfisa

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a fine example of why you don’t dip your spoon in just anyone’s pot.  Jorge is a complete loser, and I get why mystery mom would be pissed if he called pretending all civil like everything is kosher.  But chick is cray cray. Like nuttier than squirrel shit crazy!  She sounds a little emotionally unstable, and clearly in denial about insulting Anfisa.  Not that Anfisa has wonderful character traits either.  But you can’t necessarily fault the new lady for not knowing about you upfront.  It was Jorge’s job to tell her, and he’s a lying liar who lies. Not wanting him to spend money on child support because it cuts into Anfisa’s stash is wrong.  But not wanting to get involved in that mess if that’s not originally what you signed up for is understandable.  It’s grade A fuckery any way you slice it.

Molly

Where did she get those boots? They’re so gawdy they’re almost cute. Hands down the tackiest Chrissy Lou’s I’ve ever seen.  Olivia got all the sense in that family.  That goes for grandma, grandpa, uncle and mom.  I hope she goes to school in California.

Pedro & Chantal

After watching the recap of the fight, I’m convinced Winter goes to Molly’s shop.  Those bazooms were defying gravity weren’t they? I don’t sit up that high and I had a breast lift.  I also don’t blame River for not answering her calls after the fight.   What could he have said or done that wouldn’t have made matters worse?  Pedro was, is and will always be a major asshole! He wasn’t even remotely sorry for what happened, saw no wrong for his actions, and was downright condescending is his fake apology to Chantal. His sister can do no wrong but Chantal’s siblings can’t stand up for her? And remember he’s the one who said Chantal couldn’t control herself but Nicole could, yet Nicole jumped in the fight.  Chantal didn’t.  I also can’t stand people who toss around the d-word.  Put up or shut up bitch!  I’d kick him out and cut my losses.  They’re doomed.  

Danielle

Why is this dunderhead  on my tv? Again? Please go and take your fat, homely, racist, ruddy-faced friend with you!  I feel no sympathy for her.  She thought she could import a sex slave/boy toy and it backfired.  Despite what she says, she went into this willingly, and Mohammed owes her nothing.  Technically she defrauded him by lying about her criminal past and money troubles.

Melanie & Devar

They’re boring, but I thought her son was a sweet kid.  And I did like Devar’s interaction with him. I detest her sister Beth.  She’s as hatelful and racist as they come but she doesn’t see it. Practically every word out of her mouth was a dog whistle every time she appeared on the show.

I don’t know who else was shown. I quit watching and I agree, if it’s this heavily scripted and manipulated next season, I’m done. 

• Love 7

I get 90DF through Prime season pass, so I don't get any promos or commercials (or aftershows).  I'm getting that  they showed the couples for the next season. Which show is it for? 90 Fiance, 90 Day, Before the 90 days or Happily ever after? And who are the couples? 

16 hours ago, WallStreetDuchess said:

Regarding Nicole... 

I am a caseworker for people with intellectual disabilities (even when joking around, the word r******* is never cool) from mild to profound, and I don't think Nicole has any kind of ID. It seems to me she just has indulgent parents who simply throw up their hands or put up mild protests when she does dumb stuff. People without intellectual disabilities do stupid things every day.

That being said, Nicole was a little too calm for the situation, so it may be hitting her that living in Morocco while the visa process may not be all it is cracked up to be. And could Azan at least pretend to care that they aren't getting married? The only genuine concern on his part was how much money his family spent/lost on the wedding.

I can't understand Nicole.   It's like she lives in her own little world.  She didn't seem upset that she she didn't do her due diligence on the paper work, that Azan's family spent a small fortune (to them on the wedding), that she lives in a shuttle apartment, and that May could be developmentally behind.   Yet,  she blows snot bubbles over Azan chatting with other girls.   And she's gained weight,  too.  She's too young too be so overweight.  My son is autistic, thank you for the work you do. 

• Love 3

Pedro and Chantal didn't learn a very basic rule of marriage. It's up to each spouse to control their own family. You don't let your family members cuss out, berate or smack talk and especially not attack   your spouse, even if you have to distance yourself. Their problem is that they each agree with their family trashing their spouse. That marriage is doomed. 

David's breakdown. I'm sorry, he is sitting there crying like he has zero power to control the situation, which is total BS. His biggest fear is that Annie will leave him? His biggest fear ought to be that Chris will leave him, lol. 

Nicole and Azan is a shit show. I am getting the felling it's ALL for the cameras (and accompanying paycheck) at this point. Nobody seems REALLY upset.    

Molly thinks if she ants it bad enough, that Luis will just disappear. Lesson in don't sign anything that you haven't thought through the worst case scenario for. She is too old to be making such stupid decisions.

Jorge is a fool and I hope he gets reamed for CS. Anfisa needs to stay with him just long enough to secure her status, then leave ASAP. He will just drag her down. 

I FF through Pao cuz its all fake for the cameras.  

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Bou said:

I can't understand Nicole.   It's like she lives in her own little world.  She didn't seem upset that she she didn't do her due diligence on the paper work, that Azan's family spent a small fortune (to them on the wedding), that she lives in a shuttle apartment, and that May could be developmentally behind.   Yet,  she blows snot bubbles over Azan chatting with other girls.   And she's gained weight,  too.  She's too young too be so overweight.  My son is autistic, thank you for the work you do. 

And most likely, she’ll continue talking to and sending money to Azan and chat up other guys on the net. She’s convinced herself that Azans family loves her and May SOOO MUCH that they will just forgive her little fuck up. 

When her father suggested she forget the whole thing and come home, she gets all lecturey and says “I will come back when he can come with me”

He should have told her right then to take care of her own paperwork mess. 

• Love 5

Nicole’s family are enabling her. They may think that if they marry her off that she will no longer be their problem. She still will be as well as Mohammed and May. Who is she going to get to co-sign the 10 year agreement for financial? 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Nicole’s family are enabling her. They may think that if they marry her off that she will no longer be their problem. She still will be as well as Mohammed and May. Who is she going to get to co-sign the 10 year agreement for financial? 

Her father did on the K1 but the spousal  visa might put her on the hook and unlike Pedro, Azan doesn’t seem like work is s top priority for him. Nicole is looking to loll around the house while her husband supports her and May, she’s in for a rude awakening. 

I know she had to bring 3 months of pay stubs to show that she can support them.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

I don’t think Nicole is mentally challenged either.  She’s just dumb as dog shit! As in she does not learn, nor does she want to learn, from her mistakes, she’s obtuse, and irresponsible.  Deep down, she knows the whole marriage doesn’t feel right, but she keeps forging ahead because it’s what she wants and that’s all that matters.  I also think she’s lazy and stupid enough to think the photo copy would work.  She probably waited until the last minute to get the damned police report, and then didn't have time to wait before she left for Morocco.  As much as she says she wants to marry Azan, she hasn’t been the same since Voicemailgate.  She may subconsciously be relieved but too cowardly to call it off and hear the I-told-you-sos from her family.  Plus she’s selfish as hell and really doesn’t care about what that farcical “relationship” is doing to other people. And her parents don’t hold her accountable, so apologizing is a foreign concept to her.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bou said:

She only gets upset when it's something that affects her.  She doesn't care about the damage she does to everyone else.  She's a waste of space.

• Love 7

I thought it was very telling when Nicole ordered Azan to apologize to his sister “for us.” It was totally Nicole’s fault that she brought incomplete paperwork but Azan was apologizing for getting rejected for the K1 Visa. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Dobian said:

Pao is a colossal bitch.

Chantel is colossally delusional.

Jorge is a colossal liar.

David is a colossal loser.

Nicole is just colossal.

Okay, I seriously starting choking on my Baked Ruffles on this one!  Thank you!

Chantal, you are too draining and exhausting to discuss anymore.  You have no one, really to blame but yourself.  You lied, then lied some more and wonder why everyone hates each other.  Your allegedly high class family is low class, your brother is weird.  And not in a good Johnny Depp kinda way, either.  Like a mean weird.

JORGE:  Holy Hannah just your annoyingly huge pie hole.  "If it not this it is that with you" or something like that.  Dude, your wife did not overtip the server, she did not bounce a check.  She wants to stab you in your sleep as you lied about your net worth, you lied about a home, you lied about KNOWING you had a child and avoided responsibilty for ten years.  And then you think more MONEY is gonna help?  You can't buy class, dignity or integrity and you have none, you never will.  You are a giant Man Baby who was coddled by his sisters and probably his mommy and now you are being called on it.

Nicole - way too chill in Morocco - something happened behind the cameras.  Azan's sister was PISSED and I don't blame her.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Dobian said:

She only gets upset when it's something that affects her.  She doesn't care about the damage she does to everyone else.  She's a waste of space.

I’ve heard the term “waste of skin” and she has more than enough skin to go around. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kareem said:

Chantel Mommy laid the groundwork, and River started the fight.  So yeah...there was an ambush.

Yes it was an ambush - who starts out with such conversation:  "Yeah I heard you clapped and cheered when our daughter left for work.  Is it true you hate our darling daughter?"  Then River walk around, post fight, trying to look all punk and fight-y.  No, Sideshow Bob, you are not tough.

Here is Chantal, looking down at Linus:

SnoopyVulture.jpg

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I can't stand Anfisa and do believe she was doing some "webcam" work.  She gives gold diggers bad names.  But she's not smart or else she would have realized Jorge was full of stuffing when she first started talking to him.  Sometimes I think Jorge and Anfisa make most of this shit up for the cameras, I mean TLC pays them to be on this show and we all know Anfisa loves money.

The reason I'm behind Chantal's family is because I think she's dumb as a pile of rocks, she's probably relied on her looks for everything.  Her family knows this and that's why they think Pedro is taking advantage of her, that's why they're so fiercely protective of her.  Pedro however loves Chantal, and he was right when he said she was the cause of everything by telling her family what was going on between the two of them.  I watched the fight again and I don't think River called Pedro the "N" word, because I really don't think Pedro would have been ready to throw down for River calling him that.  However, if River called him the "F" or the "S" word, I can see Pedro getting upset.  I read a post here where someone stated that Pedro was pushed to fight.  That's interesting because if someone said "she provoked her husband and that's why he hit her" everybody here wold be up in arms.  Pedro did tell Chantal that the reason he stood up was when River hit the lamp in his direction.  Honestly I blame production, as they should have stopped the fight the second both River and Pedro were on their feet.  They did nothing until there were women on the floor.  Maybe they were hoping for good TV, I don't know.

A lot of folks here don't like Paola but I get her.  See, people have different boundaries, and it's neither wrong or right, just different.  I used to date a guy like Russ, sweet but a closed person, nothing wrong with that, his boundaries were just high.  But to Pao, Russ doesn't feel anything, he doesn't care.  Someone needs to explain to her that not everybody expresses themselves the same way.  When Pao visited Columbia, she saw the difference and it made her even more dissatisfied with Russ.  She has to realize that Russ isn't like her friends and family in Columbia, Russ may be more reserved, but that doesn't make him unfeeling.  She needs to explain to him what she needs and wants, not expect him to just know because he's her husband, that's not fair.

I don't know what Azan and Nicole are on.  Why did Nicole even have to bring that copy of the police report? (what was that for anyway?) I mean, she's getting married in a foreign country, how would they know she's been arrested? 

I hope Molly goes away before she becomes another Dani.  I shake my head every time I see her on some incarnation of "90 Day Fiancé" but I think it's because she's a trainwreck everybody wants to see. 

David and Annie should just go back to Thailand.  Period, end of story. 

I don't think River used the N word, either. I replayed that several times. Unfortunately, my DVR doesn't do slow motion, but as best I could tell, it looked like he was saying, FU repeatedly.  Pedro was acting as though he was smelling something bad from the minute he entered, so it looked like Family Chantel weren't the only ones spoiling for a fight.

A lot of families have a "guilt" dynamic wherein (mostly female) members will become petulant when offended, then expect everyone in the family to read their minds and know what the problem is. "If I have to explain to you, you are hopelessly thoughtless and don't care."  People raised like this perpetuate the dynamic and it does take someone from outside to say, "Look, he's not a mind reader," because, honestly, it does not occur to them that people can't just read their feelings and don't always know what they've done to offend. But Pao doesn't really care; even when he told her he didn't know what to say and was willing to support her and discuss the issue, she just pushed him away and gave him no chance. Maybe when she has a chance to think about it, she will understand what he was trying to communicate to her and give it another go.  However, this whole show seemed to be setting up everyone for calling it off for a season ending "cliffhanger." Which doesn't seem to be going so well as fans are seeing a lot of fakery.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, renatae said:

However, this whole show seemed to be setting up everyone for calling it off for a season ending "cliffhanger." Which doesn't seem to be going so well as fans are seeing a lot of fakery.

This show is going the direction of a lot of TLC shows where they start with a theme that is quasi-documentary and after a couple of seasons bastardize it into the worst form of reality TV.  They wrecked shows like American Chopper and L.A. Ink with this crap.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Dobian said:

This show is going the direction of a lot of TLC shows where they start with a theme that is quasi-documentary and after a couple of seasons bastardize it into the worst form of reality TV.  

23 hours ago, TGinKY said:

There are manipulated story lines and there is pissing off your viewers TLC!  !

In seeing the previews for the tell-all, it looks like a Jerry Springer show.  This might just be the low-point I need to reach to quit 90-day.

I loved to snark at stupidos who just didn't have a clue about marrying someone from a different culture or making zero plans for integrating into a new country/culture.  Watching people yell at each other and throw punches?  no thanks.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Does anybody else find it eerie that Nicole is so calm this time around in Morocco? Like, she can't have acquired that much self-control in such a short amount of time. Makes me wonder if Azan's family might have tuned her up when the cameras weren't around? I think Nicole would do anything to get at Azan's d*ck at this point, and that might include taking a beating or the threat of a beating.

She was off the hook last time around because she thought he was cold and withholding (well, he is).  But she was throwing him around in the street like a rag doll!

Then, she was screaming at him on the phone when she found the text messages.

Then, when he tells her that it's even worse, that there were more women, what's her reaction? Does she blow? No. We get demure tears.

Azan's alleged girlfriend once said that when she said something he told her quite seriously, "If you were here right now I would smack you across the face." (It was in an interview with Auntie's Advice.) And, she seemed to be far more subdued and reasonable than Nicole (not that it would be hard to do).

I know the rules are different over there. It's not like men are beating their wives all the time, but behavior like Nicole's would not be tolerated.

Perhaps they are not tolerating it? (I would imagine it's the same over there as it is over here. Some guys are abusive but most of them are not.)

Maybe they had a family meeting, and then they laid down the law and told her that if she breathed a word about it to anyone she would never see Azan again? 

Thoughts?

I don't know, but, there seems to be a lot of BS, fake stuff, imo.  What I do wonder is if Nicole really does want to marry Azan and that's a big if, because, I just can't envision why, but, if she does, how is she going to react when after they are wed and there is no consummation of the vows? I do not believe that it would ever happen.  Then what does she do with her wonderful husband?  She can't make him do it.  So, I hope she can live with it. 

• Love 2

TLC doesn't get it. None of the shows in the 90DF franchise need to be manipulated. These people will implode on their own. They are usually small minded and have no clue what their foreign fiance(e)s are giving up to be with them. They don't communicate well. Hell, Pole (Paul) was using a damn translator app to have conversations with Karine. Chantel and Pedro clearly didn't set boundaries regarding how much help he'd be sending home, and she didn't understand the whole cultural thing. (I draw the line at laptops, huge flat screen TVs, making lists, paying rent, and also sending $300/month home.) There are bound to be problems when you're missing trust due to pathological lying, have had zero successful relationships and can't put your daughters first, have a narcissistic mean girl for a wife, engaged to a man who can't stand you or touching you, have a couple who tells their families everything and have terrible communication, and hitch your wagon to a person who abandoned his children to chase ass and live off his best friend in Thailand.

Look at the thirst bucket that is Darcey from Before the 90 Days. Her pheromones smell like thirst and desperation. Nicole and Azan. He can't hide his disgust or irritation with even sharing breathing space, and she's 95 crayons short of a box of 96. She's in her own little world and probably believes he really loves her. Molly. She'll be back chasing behind some other mistake. She didn't learn anything. Leave vacation dick on vacation. I don't trust her judgement anyway. Anybody who gets behind the wheel several times while under the influence is an insufferable human being who has no regard for how she could potentially ruin or take lives. I fully expect to see her Before the 90 Days or the original 90 Day. This show is like watching a horror movie and screaming at the TV, "Look behind you! He's coming up the stairs." 

• Love 12

I want to just peek at Chantel's brain.  If Pedro and Nicole planned to attack River then they are super secret ninja masters of strategy.  The plan: 1. Act like proper guests 2.  Make Mother Chantel verbally assault Nicole and Pedro 3.  Verbally fight back only to Mother Chantel 4.  Somehow use mind powers to force River to mutter insults and throw something and/or hit a light fixture 5.  Attack River.  Perfect in it's simplicity.

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

It will be "Before the 90 Days" and there will be a forum about it. 2 previous couples and 4 new ones, one of which looks like another Danielle/Mohammed rehashing. 

https://people.com/tv/90-day-fiance-before-the-90-days-season-2/

Actually, the preview was for season 2 of 90 Day Fiance What Now?  Last time it was purely online.  None of these couples are new, they've all been on some version of the show before.  Patrick and Myraim, Danielle and her delusions/Mohammed, Josh and Aika, Andrei and Elizabeth, Kyralim and who's his face, and Melanie and Devar.

This is not to be confused with the upcoming 90 Day Fiance Before The 90 Days, which has Paul and Karine, Darcy and Jesse, and totally new couples.

• Love 9

To me, it sounded like Kapao said "The man I loved is Long Juan!"

I'm not convinced that Annie was doing anything prostitutorial in Thailand. But if she was, all I can say to her is - As you ho, so shall you reap.

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

She has an older sister?  Let me guess: Summer, Lake, Rain-Drop?

Summer's Eve.

• Love 14

My stone cold heart was touched twice in this episode:

Once in Pedro's talking head where he was visibly tearing up. I think he really loves dumb old giraffe-lashed Chantal. Too bad for him he'll never tear her away from her disgusting, appalling family. I'm 100% team Pedro. He may not always react perfectly, but Family Chantal planned this and caused this from the moment they met the guy.

Then when Olivia was attempting to speak with her mother from her heart, and fucking Molly was acting like the idiot woman-child that she is. She doesn't deserve those kids. Poor Olivia saying it felt so good to be responsible for herself ( and not you, Mother!). I grew up the same way with an extremely immature mother and I totally relate to Olivia. To this day I feel like the parent when speaking to her, and I'm super old now. And Molly's just like yeah yeah yeah sorry if you felt hurt but when are you coming home so you can babysit......

• Love 20

What a shit fest this week

Russ, you wife is a selfish bitch.   Send her back to her beloved Colombia and call it a day.  You deserve better.  Heck, if I wasn’t old enough to be your mother, I’d snatch you up myself.  

Molly, you are a poor excuse for a mother.  Olivia go to college and not look back.  You are not you mother’s keeper.   The real loser here is Kinsley who now has her primary care taker gone and is has to deal with her mother 24/7 and the next live in.  

David is a scammer.   Will always be a scammer.  Yeah, he sold Annie a bill of goods.  His tears mean nothing to me.  

Nicole is over Azan.  She knows he’s a scammer and wants out.   But that TLC paycheck is so nice.  

Chantel, I have your number.  So, you are pissed that Pedro is sending money back home.   Ok.  You are justified.  But instead of actually having a conversation about it with your husband and working on a compromise, you just keep getting angier and more resentful.  So to get back at him, you run to your family and get them involved.   You don’t want family harmony.  You want your family to call Pedro out and put him in his place.   You wanted all this to happen.  Yes, Pedro should have walked out sooner and not taken the bait.  But you family wanted a fight.   They got one.  And your twit bother deservingly got his ass kicked.  Your mother made a total fool of herself.  Pedro isn’t perfect but it might do you some good to distance your self from the Cult and move away with your husband.  

• Love 12
On 7/16/2018 at 7:37 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Can I just say I could not wait to come on over here to PTV and dish on this episode with all of you? Jesus, what a shit show!

Mama Chantel saying plainitively, while waving a substantial portion of Nicole's weave in the air like pampas grass, "we were having a nice dinner!" is an image that will live forever. Like Danielle hurling her Binder of Evidence in the hot Florida night, like Creepy Mark claiming himself "a great specimen", like Jason's dad's Swiffer. Congratulations, Mama Chantel. Long may you wave.

Every word of this was gold. GOLD, Pepper. 

Once Pedro and Sister Pedro left the House O' Horrors, Mama Chantel started speaking her halting, broken Spanish. She had, as far as we'd seen, made no attempt to speak it to the ACTUAL SPANISH SPEAKERS in her house, but once they were gone, she was all in on the Espanol. Who the HELL was she talking to? Come to think of it, that's a reasonable question about Mama Chantel every time we see her. She's always pontificating in her over annunciated way, and no one is ever paying her the slightest bit of attention.

I can never stand Nicole, like most decent people, but this episode pushed me over the edge. First, she couldn't be bothered to do the barest bit of research and get a paper required for her dream wedding. THEN, upon realizing that she's going to have to break the no-wedding news to Azan's family, she turns the corners of her mouth down like a sad clown and starts whimpering and begging Azan to speak for both of them, so terrified she is of hurting Azan's mother's feelings, or, more likely, of acknowledging the damage she's caused.

I have a feeling the majority of Nicole's life has been spent attempting to evade any and all responsibility FOR ANYTHING, May included.

• Love 11
On 7/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

The best thing for David would be to get off his ass and get a job, any job.

Now now, Jen. That's asking a lot. Getting off his ass is a lot harder for David than for pretty much any other human alive.

• Love 8
On 7/16/2018 at 8:07 AM, seniorpatriot said:

Something bothers me about Kinsley. She seems like a very rude and uncaring child. She didn't even seem happy to see her sister who had been gone a while. I still feel like Molly pushing Luis on her all the time led to something very bad between Louis and Kinsley. 

Yep. Like I said before. Nicole has been sending Azan all this money and they are sure he has snagged a rich American who will take care of them for the rest of their life. 

Kinsley looked depressed.  She wasn’t even excited to see her sister, who presumably was her main caregiver while Molly banged various lowlifes.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, seniorpatriot said:

Everything is always all about Pao! Sick of her too. NOT ONCE has she ever had a conversation with Russ that was about him and his stuff. (not the we have seen anyway.) You miss Columbia so bad? GO BACK!

It looked like her parents lived in public housing.  I wonder if she lived with them or had her own place before she married Roos.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kinsley looked depressed.  She wasn’t even excited to see her sister, who presumably was her main caregiver while Molly banged various lowlifes.

Agreed. I remember when we first met her, she was bright and animated, showing Luis around the house and chattering happily. Now she's so withdrawn and sad. Molly is a selfish, uncaring woman who does not deserved the good kids she has. 

• Love 9