Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

Family Chantel/Pedro - Personally, I think this story line is manufactured.  Assuming the fight was real, no, River did not really start it.  Pedro should not have tried to change seating with Chantel.  What he should have done is said, "Look, we're here for a conciliatory dinner, not an argument."  His action seemed, to Chantel, to be again putting his sister before his wife.  (My daughter pointed that out to her brother - sisters first!)  

River swung an IKEA fixture at Pedro in reaction to words.  Immature, but harmless.  Pedro reacted by starting a physical confrontation.  That should never have occurred in front of his wife's parents.  No matter what her parents think of him, they are his wife's parents, and he should respect them as his wife's parents.  It doesn't mean he has to like them, but he does need to respect them.  His behaviour was abysmal.

River did not purposely hit Nicole.  She jumped on him, and he took her, and his mother, down.  Mother Chantel grabbed Nicole's weave as they fell.  Winter was attempting to break up the fight.  Pedro's kicking the table before he left was extremely bad manners, and I worry about whether his temper will land on Chantel at some point.  Physical violence is never the answer, not even in the face of provocation.

Every single word.  Pedro is a punk who will never put Chantel over his skank sister and grifter mother.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I had a hard time watching Chantel speak.  She delivered her words like she just came from the most painful teeth bleaching session at the dentist.  It was full of measured over enunciating and lip stretching over exposed teeth.  I was distracted.

Azan and Nicole original document excuse is so poorly made up.  The real Nicole would have done anything to get that document over including whining to everyone in sight...Morocco, Florida....any and everybody.  For her to just say Oh Well we have to cancel....nope.

Because I suspect what they didn't air would have included the lady in the office saying some variation of, "...but if you go to the office over ____ and pay ____ you'll get special approval for not having the original."

I've spent a good deal of time in Morocco, have dealt with some paperwork issues there for another issue, and have many long term expat friends who have jumped through the hoops that sometimes feel endless for residency, starting businesses, etc. 

It's sort of just how things tend to go. One office says "Nope not good enough. But..." and you get the run around until you land at some place where they make you pay for whatever "permit" will excuse whatever obstacle (that often seems basically manufactured) and then sort of 'tada' now you're all good because they got some extra $ out of you.

That sort of thing, however, would be problematic to air.  (Plus wouldn't allow for the 'obstacle' that they want for the storyline IMO b/c as many others pointed out, if it were actually a matter of the original that could easily be solved by someone coming bringing it with. So either it's another document entirely that she really would have to get herself, meaning a new/different document and 'original' had nothing to do with it, or this is either manufactured for the storyline or else they're avoiding airing what may well have been said and we'll see a miraculous "fix" that likely includes what I've seen w/ the $ bit.)

• Love 9
(edited)

Yes I watched, and agree that it was so hurried and surprise surprise~~ of so little substance. (except I think for Antonio where I initially thought it was satellite issues and then realized he was spewing at the mouth:)).

And yes it looks like it is painful for Chantel to speak. And is that really her sister? (DH wants to know)

The host seemed familiar but was talking so fast and I guess trying to give air time to everything but it was a big nothing.

Have to comment on one small point that just seemed ridiculous to me- when Annie was saying she cannot handle a 2 minute shower. I mean, that little village hut with her parents didn't strike me as having a really over-sized water heater. KWIM??

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

<snip>

I'm confused about this rejected "Police Report" that Nicole only had a photocopy of. Wouldn't that mean she has some kind of record on file somewhere? Like most people, I don't have any kind of "rap sheet" so where would I get a document that says I'm NOT a criminal? 

4 hours ago, Chippings said:

Oddly enough, and I haven't seen the episode yet ..  that may actually be a thing.  Several years ago we adopted our son in Central America, and one of the things the government there required was a certificate from our Sheriff's office that we did not have any criminal record.  They were surprised, but they wrote one up.    And good heavens, I certainly was smart enough to bring the original with us.  What possible good would the original do anybody back at home ?  Oh wait - this is Nicole.  

If, when I watch the episode, I see that what they were asking for was 'way different, I'll come back and correct myself.  

According to THIS :

The Moroccan partner needs the following documents:

1. Papers Acquired by Moroccan Partner
  2. Signed doctor’s statement of good health.
  3. Certificate from the mukata certifying partner is not married, requires signature of 2 witnesses. Should be stamped and signed.
  4. Certified and stamped copy of Moroccan partners birth certificate.
  5. Certified and stamped copy of court/police record of Moroccan partner.
  6. Stamped and certified copy of Moroccan carte sejour.
  7. Four (4) passport pictures.

(Three (3) copies of every paper needed to be made. Each one needs to be signed and stamped by the mukata and given to the imam).

And, the American partner needs these documents:

1. an FBI background check
  2. Certified copy of divorce decree that stated the divorce was final
  3. If you have not been married then a certificate stating you have not been married would be applicable.
  4. Original birth certificate
  5. Paystubs from the last 3 months or a letter from an employer stating place of employment, salary and length of time employed.

However, I checked the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Morocco, and it says:

"An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI BEFORE coming to Morocco."

It appears either one (police record from state of Florida or FBI background check) is fine.

In the case of the blogger who wrote the post: "These documents were scanned and emailed to Moroccan partner who took them to a certified translator as well as being physically mailed to the Moroccan partner.  The translations were completed but not signed and stamped until the originals arrived in Morocco and could be verified with the scanned copy."

It's okay to present copies to the translator, but those copies are held until the originals arrive and the copies are checked against the originals.

What I don't understand is why Nicole would leave the original in the US? What possible purpose would it serve there?

Or, did Nicole just stop by her local police station and say "Can you print me off a copy of my police record?" and not tell them WHY she needed it (in which case, they may have known a photocopy wouldn't suffice for her purpose)?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I had a hard time watching Chantel speak.  She delivered her words like she just came from the most painful teeth bleaching session at the dentist.  It was full of measured over enunciating and lip stretching over exposed teeth.  I was distracted.

Azan and Nicole original document excuse is so poorly made up.  The real Nicole would have done anything to get that document over including whining to everyone in sight...Morocco, Florida....any and everybody.  For her to just say Oh Well we have to cancel....nope.

Yea I call BS on that scene.   She came all that way and it's almost time for the wedding and Nicole was like "Oh well my mom's gonna be really upset" . That didn't ring true at all, unless deep down Nicole really doesn't want to go through with it. 

• Love 9
On 7/6/2018 at 6:53 PM, gingerella said:

These people are dumber than a box of hot shit on a summer day. They signed up to sponsor Annie and they didn't know how many years it was for?!? WHO does that?!

Huh?

I know it sounds awful. I'm not an individual who enjoys physical violence of any kind but I was laughing throughout last night's brawl, starting with Father Chantal eating his chicken wings, refusing to put down said chicken wing, as it was clear that a physical altercation was imminent.

Mama Chantal and Sister Pedro falling to the floor and Mama Chantal coming up with weave in her hand...hilarious!

• Love 1

It seemed like Nicole was barely upset that her paperwork wasn’t correct- like others i thought- fed ex? I suspect that she knew the wedding wasn’t going to happen and this part of it was staged- she was just way too calm and “ oh well” let’s cancel the wedding. The Nicole we have seen would have done anything to make this happen. Very very strange. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Yea I call BS on that scene.   She came all that way and it's almost time for the wedding and Nicole was like "Oh well my mom's gonna be really upset" . That didn't ring true at all, unless deep down Nicole really doesn't want to go through with it. 

Or it’s a possibility that Azan already told her he wasn’t going through with the wedding. Nicole seemed very subdued (for her) and the lack of original paperwork was just an excuse for her to save face. Both know they have to continue filming a little longer to complete their contract and they want that TLC money.

Nicole may have modeled the strapless horror she calls a wedding dress for his family (if so, it’s a shame, I would’ve loved to see that scene) and that may have sent Mother Azan over the edge. She may have told Azan if he marries that ugly American, she won’t be supporting him anymore and he’ll be out on the street with no job. He’d cave in and finally give Nicole the long-delayed heave-ho. Figuring he can reel in someone new in a heartbeat. 

Given that Nicole is so relentless, I feel she would have been more vocal in moving heaven and earth to get that original document. Whipping out her cell phone and hollering, “Daaaad, bring that paper NOW!” For her to just sit there in a stupor and simply nod is so out of character for her. 

• Love 15
(edited)
55 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

It seemed like Nicole was barely upset that her paperwork wasn’t correct- like others i thought- fed ex? I suspect that she knew the wedding wasn’t going to happen and this part of it was staged- she was just way too calm and “ oh well” let’s cancel the wedding. The Nicole we have seen would have done anything to make this happen. Very very strange. 

I agree, her reaction was out of character for her.

As to the Fed Ex suggestion or having her father bring the police record with him - I have had to have a criminal record check completed many times for both employment purposes and in preparation to adopt a child, and I had to request it myself in person at the police station (they needed to see 2 pieces of ID).  No one else could request or pick it up for me.  But I am in Canada, it may be different in the U.S.

ETA: Duh, I just realized she has already had it completed so her father would simply need to find it and bring it.  NM...

Edited by juicyfruit
wasn't thinking
  • Love 2

Team Pedro for sure.

I don’t approve of his actions, but the guys has been beat up by that family since day 1. He has had to sit there and take their baseless accusations with very little defense from his wife and River piling on every chance he gets, I’d have a tough time controlling my emotions too. His sister is a pain in the ass, but the family Chantel are cowards and gang up on people, and did so at that “dinner”. I’m sure Pedro finally had enough and when he saw that his only advocate was being attacked, he blew his top. Hopefully, this scenario makes that whole idiotic family think twice before interfering in business that isn’t theirs.

River would get destroyed. As set up as so much of this is, the bottled up fury that Pedro has, is real. He’s been ready to smack that little bitch for years now, and I’d love to see it happen.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, JasonH said:

Team Pedro for sure.

I don’t approve of his actions, but the guys has been beat up by that family since day 1. He has had to sit there and take their baseless accusations with very little defense from his wife and River piling on every chance he gets, I’d have a tough time controlling my emotions too. His sister is a pain in the ass, but the family Chantel are cowards and gang up on people, and did so at that “dinner”. I’m sure Pedro finally had enough and when he saw that his only advocate was being attacked, he blew his top. Hopefully, this scenario makes that whole idiotic family think twice before interfering in business that isn’t theirs.

River would get destroyed. As set up as so much of this is, the bottled up fury that Pedro has, is real. He’s been ready to smack that little bitch for years now, and I’d love to see it happen.

I would say “Pedro should probably cut his loses and leave. The family obviously doesn’t like him, so he shouldn’t try to suck up to them or ignore them and stay with Chantal, it’ll make things worse.” But, knowing TLC, they don’t want that. No, they want him to stay with her & are willing to put a check down every week for that. 

• Love 1

So couldn't the production team be charged with inciting a riot at the AirB&B de Family Chantel?

I slowed the fight scene down . . . those people aren't good enough actors to fake that.  And when the two production team members got in the middle, you knew it had gone somewhere it wasn't supposed to go.

I loved that when Mother Chantel was telling Pedro not to wave his finger in her face, and River was starting to yell at him as well . . . Father Chantel kept eating his wings.  FC was really angry at Pedro . . . for kicking the Costco leftovers off the table.  THAT's when he was yelling at him.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

According to THIS :

The Moroccan partner needs the following documents:

1. Papers Acquired by Moroccan Partner
  2. Signed doctor’s statement of good health.
  3. Certificate from the mukata certifying partner is not married, requires signature of 2 witnesses. Should be stamped and signed.
  4. Certified and stamped copy of Moroccan partners birth certificate.
  5. Certified and stamped copy of court/police record of Moroccan partner.
  6. Stamped and certified copy of Moroccan carte sejour.
  7. Four (4) passport pictures.

(Three (3) copies of every paper needed to be made. Each one needs to be signed and stamped by the mukata and given to the imam).

And, the American partner needs these documents:

1. an FBI background check
  2. Certified copy of divorce decree that stated the divorce was final
  3. If you have not been married then a certificate stating you have not been married would be applicable.
  4. Original birth certificate
  5. Paystubs from the last 3 months or a letter from an employer stating place of employment, salary and length of time employed.

However, I checked the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Morocco, and it says:

"An American police record must be obtained from a police department in the state where you last resided or from the FBI BEFORE coming to Morocco."

It appears either one (police record from state of Florida or FBI background check) is fine.

In the case of the blogger who wrote the post: "These documents were scanned and emailed to Moroccan partner who took them to a certified translator as well as being physically mailed to the Moroccan partner.  The translations were completed but not signed and stamped until the originals arrived in Morocco and could be verified with the scanned copy."

It's okay to present copies to the translator, but those copies are held until the originals arrive and the copies are checked against the originals.

What I don't understand is why Nicole would leave the original in the US? What possible purpose would it serve there?

Or, did Nicole just stop by her local police station and say "Can you print me off a copy of my police record?" and not tell them WHY she needed it (in which case, they may have known a photocopy wouldn't suffice for her purpose)?

Nicole is sly as a fox in some ways.  Messing up on that one paper is odd. Could be she altered that document, maybe she’s hiding something?

• Love 5

Okay....I'm embarrassed that I posted previous comments in defense of Annie.  Nevermind that...lol.  I really wish that she and David would realize that the apt over the storage facility was a WONDERFUL gift.  Are you kidding me?  A free place to stay right over your job.  So what if the salary isn't that high.  You have to figure in that you also get free rent, utilities, maybe wi fi, and no transportation costs, since you are already at your job.  Those are huge benefits of considerable value!  Annie could cook on an electric wok, toaster oven and crock pot.  It's doable. When she says, she can't live in that apt, would she rather live in the car or in a shelter? I would chose a 2 minute shower over no shower.  I really have no patience for her or David anymore.  Enough already.  I just wanted David to tell her to go back home. 

Nicole and Azan.  Just don't care.  Doesn't matter.  They are both liars and ridiculous.

Jorge and Anifisa. Just don't care. 

Paolo and Russ. No longer care.

Molly and Luis. Just don't care.  Still don't trust Molly.

Chantel and Pedro.  I wish family Chantel would just send her and Pedro far away.  She's ruining their family.  I've yet to see any love between Chantel and Pedro.  They seem to detest each other.  Don't buy it at all.  Chantel is a horrible liar.  She's not trying to do anything but create drama. not bring families together. Plus, Pedro doesn't want that. Accept him for what he is, which is horrible.   I suppose that she hates her life, so she wants to get her family to end things for her, because she is too chicken ship to do it herself.   But, causing your family members to get hurt or arrested, because you are a drama queen is inexcusable, so, now,  I don't care for Chantel either.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

I graduated with an MBA and an MS in the middle of a recession.  Finding work was hard and while I was looking, I signed up with a temp service and I delivered newspapers — just to keep money coming in.  I don’t see where David is too good to sweep floors are clean toilets if he has to; he has to mouths to feed 

In addition to the hourly wage, the "housing" is probably included, so that adds to his compensation, by at least a couple $$ per hour.  Sh*thead, if he thinks he's worthy of a better job, why doesn't he have it already, hmmm?  Dude is seriously also deficient in the looks department, what exactly did/does Annie even see in him, especially now that she is in America and can see that her life is no better. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Quof said:

If he isn't paying rent, he isn't a tenant. He's a squatter. 

ehhhh it depends on where you live I think.  If you were given permission to live somewhere, have mailed delivered there, then usually you have rights and the owner of the building has to go through a proper eviction process.  That's why you need to be REALLY careful who you allow to stay in your home.  Even if there was a verbal agreement that it's suppose to be short term.  There are so many horror stories of people inviting a friend or family member in to their home to stay for a couple weeks and then they have absolutely no legal standing when they refuse to leave - except to go through a long drawn out eviction process.

12 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Mother Chantel looked like she was bringing in a pan of KFC wangs.

Yea I don't for a minute believe Mother chantel cooked that!  Sister Chantel can get off with her "everything you cooked looks/smells amazing!" uhhh the one pan looked like frozen popcorn chicken.  And there's nothing wrong with that but they are being weird and portraying themselves as this upper class family - always wearing fancy clothes for no reason at all... like why were they all dressed up for this dinner?? That would make me so uncomfortable. At the cabin Chantel was always wearing stuff with fur.... 

12 hours ago, PityFree said:

I found it hilarious that Sister Pedro was the one who tackled River and pulled him to the ground.

I think she just got tangled in the mess and it looked like River stumbled and fell on top of Nicole and his mom

11 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Anfisa should just make Jorge get a DNA test. Their whole conversation was moot until it’s proven he’s the father. No sense getting your knickers in a twist without getting the facts first. Then if it’s really true that he fathered a child, she should dump his lying a$$.

That House Family Chantal is staying in has got to be a rental provided by TLC. Very small, no personal objects, no family photos, etc. Very phony. No way is that bunch of pretentious fools living there. I think that whole fight scene was staged to amp up the ratings. They wanted this season to go out with a bang, no matter how fake and Pedro provided it. Too bad he doesn’t beat River’s a$$ in real life.

ANifsa and Jorge - WHY hasn't the ex taken him to court to get a DNA test?? She's hasn't done anything for TEN YEARS!?!??!?!? I call BS.

Family Chantal - that makes sense because they showed a picture in a frame last episode and the people were blurred out and I thought that was weird.

10 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

I am, too.  Who behaves like Pedro did in his father-in-law's house?  That's beyond unacceptable!!!  The sense of entitlement and outright SMUG shown by Pedro, his skank sister, and his skank grifter of a mother is astonishing.  Pedro admonishing Chantel about her behavior with her parents sitting right there, while skanky skanky is sittng there like the cat who caught the chicken feet?  Oh, HELL no.  

I may love you, but you act the fool in my father's house?  Next.  (Call it a cultural thing.)

ETA:  TLC, you need to lose the live segments and just show the damn show.

THe previews showed Chantel saying that Nicole and Pedro planned to attack her brother... uhhh NO.  Her family full on ambushed Nicole and Pedro.  I don't like Nicole but that was unnecessary and Pedro probably had enough Family Chantel bullshit and couldn't handle it anymore.  I don't blame him.

10 hours ago, Anfisawillbemine said:

Annie does have terrible English. But damn can she cuss. 

I feel like she's trying a little to hard.  Or maybe she is just that crass. But it's not a good look for her.

9 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I think Molly's brother is cute. 

*I will run away and hide in shame now* 

You aren't alone. I feel like he's cleaned up a bit since last season lol 

• Love 12

Chantel doesn't know that being polite isn't being fake. It's being polite. Nicole was trying to be polite to her hosts. Being a polite host would mean they would appreciate the overture and try and meet her halfway. A dinner is not the time to confront. What is with all these reality people and their confrontations during times that are meant to heal? The housewives do this all the time too. Chantel should have addressed her issues with Nicole privately. 

That dinner was so weird. They didn't take their coats. Pedro and Nicole had them on their laps. What kind of hosts are they? Also, who puts dessert on the table with the meal? Again, weird. 

Nicole and Azan, what a letdown. Why wasn't Nicole more upset? Why didn't they figure out that someone can bring the originals? It was all too convenient. 

Chris and David have a weird relationship. One problem, when you've been enabling someone for as long as Chris has David, the enablee (?) doesn't think the enabler will ever let them down. David is waiting for a last minute save. 

David is HUGE. I can't believe how big he's gotten. All that booze and crappy food. He was getting bigger in Thailand, but he blew up since being back in the US. He's such an unbelievably lazy ass. Just get a job already! Annie certainly can't have a shred of respect for him anymore. She only married him for a better life...she should have known this was going to happen back in Thailand -- there were red flags everywhere. She must have been completely desperate to take the plunge anyway.

• Love 10

Nicole was way too subdued when faced with the wedding being called off, shockingly so. Azan didn't seem too torn up about it either but that's to be expected.

David and Annie, what a complete shitshow. moving from one dump to another and David completely unwilling to do ANYTHING to help their situation other than wait to be bailed out by other people. It's been several months already and their situation keeps worsening. I'm so glad his sister gave a tough love no to his request for money. It's sad to see anybody struggling but its infuriating he keeps bumbling about waiting for the fates to swoop in and save him. If they're so bad why doesn't he try for public assistance? Oh right, he probably is in major arrears for child support and can't go that route. There but for the grace of God go I is all I can say.

• Love 8

Hot damn Family Chantel/Pedro showdown did not disappoint.  I was surprised to see a family meal with tater tots and not a child in sight.   What kind of idiot goes all the way to a foreign country to get married and does not check exactly what documents are needed?  I felt like Annie when I realized what was the real 2nd hour of the show.  What the actual f*@k?  Oh Annie you bet on the wrong horse.  Cut your loses go back to Thailand and start again.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Michelle Collins said she is just like Bill O’Reily!  Will she be sexually harassing members of the TLC staff?  That’s would be ratings gold!

What the heck did she mean by that comment? That chick was off her rocker. She was rude to the camera guy, too. 

• Love 8

I love Jorge's, "I'm TRYING not to lie to you."  There's your tip right there that he's lying.  Of course he's the father of that kid.  He said he broke up with the girl and then two months later she called him and said she was pregnant.  That means she got pregnant and found out several weeks later, and then called him.  But then he spin doctored it by saying that she had the baby eleven months after they broke up, meaning nine months from when she told him.  Like she got pregnant two months after they broke up and knew immediately she was pregnant, so let's call Jorge!  Surprised Anfisa didn't pick up on Jorge's creative math.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Chantel addressed the implants and she said her boobs was natural and never got implants and her boobs was the same size in the earlier seasons 

Yes, because Chantel is such the keeper of truths and never lies to anyone? She had large breasts in the first season. She now has much larger breasts and a much smaller waist, arms, face, etc. The reality of the human body is that when a woman loses weight her breast volume decreases. She is noticeably thinner than in previous seasons - her wardrobe is made to show off a figure that is alarmingly thin in some ways. But her breasts are conversely quite noticeably larger. Short of pregnancy or nursing an infant, it is HIGHLY unlikely to lose body weight in all other parts of the body while gaining volume in the breasts.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Maybe it was because Pedro performed a high karate on the dining table.

I can not get enough of that! I noticed that husband Pedro has a very fit, fine body!! He's still a jerk, though. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I just watched the Paper Plate Throwdown on my DVR in slo mo.  Wow. Mother Pedro first shows up w/the weave in the back of the kitchen. I can only assume she yanked it off Nicole when River was flattening her AND his mother at the same time. Nicole's stiletto was up in the air higher than Countess Luann's fall in the bushes in Mexico on the tequila trip. Most of the fight, there are multiple people on Pedro and either no one on River or a girl. Sister Chantel, the one who is a little bit big was holding back Pedro the whole time River was allowed to swing at Pedro. Advantage River and I thought it was disgusting that he was physically intertwined with 2 women and not even hesitant to fight and flail and holler waaaaazup or whatever he was shouting. He was crazed. He was disturbing.

All because Chantel is so immature that she rats to her family every single whiny complaint she has like a 12 year old junior high drama queen. She wants sympathy and attention and someone almost got hurt. Disgusting. All Chantel's fault. Family Chantel is deep with dysfunction and I don't mean the good old run of the mill Family Bart Simpson kind.  Everyone at that table including Chantel went for Pedro and her sister. 

Back to the paper plates. Disposable tin foil pans and Tyson heat and serve wings? I for one LOVED the shade Nicole threw thanking her for the meal. 1) This is what Family Chantel SHOULD HAVE done at the chicken feet dinner, and 2) it mocked the absolute shit they were serving. It is almost like they took it from the craft services truck for the camera crews and producers on a sound stage. 

I also loved when Pedro kicked his paper plate with ironically, his feet.  Revenge of the Chicken Feet. 

I have to wonder how short Nicole's hair is, without her weave on her right side her bangs and side hair are super short.  You can see it as she quietly leaves.

Father Chantel asking why Pedro why he kicked the plate as Pedro leaves? They are the LEAST self aware people ever. They will never ever get it. Pedro and Chantel have to leave town if they want to make it. In the horrible post show a producer said Pedro and Nicole left walking and de miked and the crew lost them after a half hour. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 21
On 7/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, Mothra said:

Thanks for pointing this out.  But isn't it true that the overall cost of living is much lower in the DR?  According to https://teleport.org/cities/santo-domingo/salaries/ the average annual salary for an attorney in Santo Domingo is a little over $8500, about a tenth of what a lawyer would make in a comparable city in the US.  Three hundred dollars a month would bring that up to over $12,000, which I think would make a big difference.  It's my understanding--and I confess I am pretty ignorant--in poorer countries like the DR, it is common for a few families to control the big money-making companies and be quite wealthy, while the average citizen is much poorer than his/her US counterpart.  I don't doubt that there are extremely wealthy people in poor countries, but in the DR the average common laborer (like a warehouse worker) earns only $86-172/month.  https://www.vagabondjourney.com/average-wage-in-dominican-republic/

Things are really expensive out there but if you have American dollars you can do quite well. The common laborer however, doesn't. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I don't know who Michelle is. I figured she was from that show My Giant Life sitting on that  tiny chair. 

She was awful  Every time someone would start to talk she'd cut them off  "Oh sorry we're out of time"  I really wanted to hear what Antonio was saying about Annie!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Like most people, I don't have any kind of "rap sheet" so where would I get a document that says I'm NOT a criminal? 

So I volunteer for a youth organization and am in charge of running background checks on ~500 people a year.  Basically it just comes back blank. It will have like your name, address, SSN, etc. on it and then nothing else.  I assume that ANY police department (or for that matter a freaking EMBASSY or CONSULATE that actually gives a shit about stuff like watch lists or whatever) can produce an "original" document that shows the same thing. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chippings said:

Oddly enough, and I haven't seen the episode yet ..  that may actually be a thing.  Several years ago we adopted our son in Central America, and one of the things the government there required was a certificate from our Sheriff's office that we did not have any criminal record.  They were surprised, but they wrote one up.    And good heavens, I certainly was smart enough to bring the original with us.  What possible good would the original do anybody back at home ?  Oh wait - this is Nicole.  

Original or photocopy aside, its a stupid requirement as in what good is a statement from one jurisdiction?  People do grow up and move, sometimes many times over their lifetimes.

I think a government background check that covers the entire U.S.  would be required.

• Love 1

Best lines of the ep:

Anfisa: “It seems like Jorge can never remember anything, but all of a sudden he remembers the exact date when he slept with somebody 10 years ago.”

Azan (while smiling in relief): “You know, I am mad that you forgot this paper. And upset. And disappointed. Really.” (And I totally agree that Nicole meekly agreeing that the wedding needs to be cancelled is extremely strange.)

Other thoughts:

I love Cody.

Dinner Family Chantel looked nasty.

Fight Family Chantel production people looked like twins

THE WEAVE needs its own TH.

• Love 15

River is awkward.  He's still just a manchild.  But when he threw that damn Ikea lampshape at Padro's head, Padro reacted like a grown man.  So, yeah, River started that fight and just like a child he ended up hiding behind his Mommy and letting her literally take the fall for him.

There is just some arrested development in that Chantel family.

And, of course, there are boundary issues that come along with over controlling parenting.

The result of all of this will be a broken marriage and a host of made up, one sided reasonings they will use to explain why it failed.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I think they are all a bunch of puntos and bitch-ass-slut-ass-whore-goodnights.  But... somebody swats an Ikea lampshade at my head, and it's go time.

I love this more than I should. Sincerely.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Other thoughts:

I love Cody.

Dinner Family Chantel looked nasty.

Fight Family Chantel production people looked like twins

THE WEAVE needs its own TH.

Bwahahaha bolded yes! Family Fight Chantel Production People as a proper noun I love it!

Wait who was Cody? Storage kid, Penguin MBA's new boss? 

• Love 7
On 7/7/2018 at 8:53 PM, Drogo said:

Nicole's wedding is in jeopardy; Anfisa fears that Jorge has told his biggest lie; David and Annie hit another roadblock; Pedro goes head to head with Chantel's family.

How could Nicole forget the background paperwork?  Never mind,  she's "Nicole."

• Love 2

When Chris told David he could stay at the apartment rent free if he worked at storage area i just knew he would not want to work. I have a ma degree and a few years ago i was out of work and took a job in retail for $8 an hour- i hated it but that’s what you do. How hard could it be at a storage unit? So Cody had already cleaned it out , that was a very strange exchange - still working there but not living there anymore . 

• Love 12

Nicole’s concern over her family getting their money back on the flights and Azan saying that his family has done so much and spent money. Azan is going to hit Nicole hard for money to “reimburse his mom and aunt”.

Nicole’s brother is the smart one, he saw the writing on the wall.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

I won’t watch the LIVE mess again. There are other  things on TV and I’ll just change the channel.  I can discuss/read about 90 day fiancé here all I want with clever, snarky, fun people.

I'm right there with you.  I was so pissed.   

• Love 8
(edited)

So what do we think Nicole is hiding with her fake document from the BPD? I'll vote for a restraining order on her past. 

I shut the television off when it went to that live nonsense. Was there more of the program afterwards?

Edited by spankydoll
Television autocorrect to thanksgiving
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

When Chris told David he could stay at the apartment rent free if he worked at storage area i just knew he would not want to work. I have a ma degree and a few years ago i was out of work and took a job in retail for $8 an hour- i hated it but that’s what you do. How hard could it be at a storage unit? So Cody had already cleaned it out , that was a very strange exchange - still working there but not living there anymore . 

It’s pretty much a do nothing job, you direct people to the location of their unit, sweep out units that are vacated  and just generally be on site. Most of those storage places are self service. There’s probably a phone in the office that they can answer from the apartment. If it’s a 24 hr place, they may have to go to the office at odd hours, so the slap and tickle might get interrupted. At least it’s a roof over their heads. And Chris had told David the firehouse was up for sale. It just sold quicker than he thought. I wonder if David told Annie it was for sale.

at least David saved $1000 rent. Not that he was ever going to pay it anyway.

Next week he cries and it seems like he might pull the “  I have nothing to live for” card.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I work for a cultural institution where on Monday mornings everyone talks about some wonderful documentaries they have watched or some new and inspiring art show they attended........here I am watching this mess lol. It is my dirty little secret.

Your secret is safe with us!

• Love 13