Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Michelle Collins is hands down the worst host ever. 

I thought she was even when she was doing the Bachelor live show things they did (maybe it was really after Bachelor in Paradise one season) and she seems to genuinely love and follow that show/whole franchise! 

I'm West Coast so I've not seen this, but I can only imagine how much worse she'd be when it's not something she really even follows/cares about.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

David,  have you never heard of an electric skillet or hot plate? Tell  Annie you will borrow some money to buy her one so she can cook.

Exactly!  That and/or a toaster oven, and they'd be set.  It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a usable kitchen.

• Love 6

OMG WHY DID I MISS IT? Thankfully I recorded it, but whyyy!? I hope Chantel just leaves Pedro, he’s an idiot with an idiot family. Azan is just in a prank gone wrong. Nicole’s in it for life, he isn’t ready. David, is just, being David. I hope Annie is at least enjoying some of her last days with him. Anfisa, I’m still here. I got enough for a McPick 2. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

I am TeamRiver

I am, too.  Who behaves like Pedro did in his father-in-law's house?  That's beyond unacceptable!!!  The sense of entitlement and outright SMUG shown by Pedro, his skank sister, and his skank grifter of a mother is astonishing.  Pedro admonishing Chantel about her behavior with her parents sitting right there, while skanky skanky is sittng there like the cat who caught the chicken feet?  Oh, HELL no.  

I may love you, but you act the fool in my father's house?  Next.  (Call it a cultural thing.)

ETA:  TLC, you need to lose the live segments and just show the damn show.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

I am, too.  Who behaves like Pedro did in his father-in-law's house.  That's beyond unacceptable.  The sense of entitlement and outright SMUG shown by Pedro, his skank sister, and his skank grifter of a mother is astonishing.

I may love you, but you act the fool in my father's house?  Next.  (Call it a cultural thing.)

Nicole is an idiot for lying to Karen saying that everything is good with Chantel, just tell the damn truth! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I need Sister Pedro to have a different name. Can I ask her to change her name just for me? Is that too much?  I keep seeing the comments about Nicole and Pedro and I have to adjust my brain because, well, I can only handle one hot mess named Nicole at a time.  

Call Pedro’s sister Skank. I do, I never get it mixed up. 

• Love 7
Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

I need Sister Pedro to have a different name. Can I ask her to change her name just for me? Is that too much?  I keep seeing the comments about Nicole and Pedro and I have to adjust my brain because, well, I can only handle one hot mess named Nicole at a time.  

She is not going to do that but we can trade Nicole for Nicole’s sister, I think her name is Taylor to avoid confusion 

1 minute ago, Anfisawillbemine said:

Call Pedro’s sister Skank. I do, I never get it mixed up. 

Skank-ass like Winter said

• Love 2

I want Michelle to host the reunion instead of insipid Shaun.  She seems to have at least watched the show, and isn't too afraid of honesty.  And I get the frantic nature of the show, I blame TLC for scheduling 40 guests.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, 7isBlue said:

Annie’s English is terrible, but she seems to know how to conjugate “fuck” in numerous ways. No sympathy for her or loser David Poor, MBA. Also, what is that mini fridge doing in the bathroom?! Gross  

Family Chantal: What nasty asses! Just disgusting. There must be some footage of what Nicole *actually* said. I can only hope that it surfaces at the reunion, not that Chantal, et.al, will care. OMG, when Chantal complained that Nicole was being “fake” to her horrible family: It’s called being polite, you twit! At least she has the manners to talk shit about you behind your back like a civilized human being! 

Molly: As always, you’re a selfish, reckless person. This is your mess so quit whining. 

Pao: I love that her version of appropriate church attire is a ratty top with a cross torn into it and stripper heels. She’s klassy. 

Jorge is a despicable person all around. Get outta there, Anfisa. Go to college, get a job at one of the designer shops on Rodeo Drive, and start fresh.

I hate myself for loving this show. 

I feel the same exact way: I hate this show, but DAAAAMMNNNN I LOVE THIS DRAMA. Pao, *sigh*. I feel bad for her grandmother, yes, but she really needs to get it together. 

• Love 3

Is the host of the live show a really big woman or was that a really small chair? No more live show .. Too phoney.

Antonio was shut down pretty quick when he mentioned the penguin was just biding time and planned on returning to Thailand. He was giving away a spoiler I guess.

The family Chantal fight was was just sad.

• Love 6

Never thought I'd hear Danielle referred to as "fan favorite." Who did that poll?

The live show was horrible, just horrible. Who thought I wanted to see all those unknown or barely-known characters answer one foolish question each and then get shut down? I have liked Michelle in other situations, but not here. Also, there was something reallly weird about the fact that her trousers were the same color blue as the chair she was sitting in, which made my brain say, Wait, does she have three legs?

• Love 6

Chantel needs to learn to set boundaries - not flexiboundaries - across the board. All that dysfunction and over-involvement in everyone's lives makes you turn in to a screaming headcase. No need to rip off the jewelry, buy pins for voodoo dolls, or whatever. Move away from the parents and make it at least an hour's drive for them to find you. Talk with your husband about sending money to his family- that happens after all the local bills and living expenses are paid.  The cycle will continue.

If David Poor is itching to go back to Thailand, find a six month temp job, live in a cheap place and then go back. Oh yeah, and to get Annie's parents and the water buffalos off your back, get some dowry money together.  I'd have dumped him ages ago, or simply bypassed him. Most likely, many American women would run fast.

• Love 4

What the He'll is going on?  According to the timer on DVR it's 42 minutes into the show and I've seen 2 minutes of new show.   Mercy I'm watching  such blubbering conniving fools broken up by commercials of someone proudly calling herself Dr.Pimple popper .., PLUS my dog is blatantly humping his favorite stuffed animal in front of me . WTF ?? 

I need some PBS to see if I can gain any cells back.  

Michelle was on The View as co-host and they let her go with no cake or trips down memory lane. She just wasn't there one day. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

Can't wait for another chance to stare in disbelief at Molly's lawyer's muppet rug.

Whoever pointed out that he looks like Gene Simmons was right on! I can’t unsee it, now. 

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Well Chantel's dumb family with their command of five words of Spanish vocabulary are completely responsible for instigating that mess.

Tired of Pao and her "whoa is me" crap.  Yes, your grandma died.  Everyone's grandma dies.  And a lot of people spend more time with them than a thirty minute visit to the hospital.

Pretty sad when someone comes here from a third world country only to realize they were better off in the third world country.  You picked a loser, Annie.  Time to go home for some pad Thai and chicken satay and let David live on microwave hot pockets at his public storage house.

Yes yes yes.  Especially Pao.  She spent .275 seconds with her grandmother and tons of time with Juan, at least according to the show.  

• Love 8

What is up with Danielle and the way she was sitting on the sofa?   It looked like there was a square black pillow behind her, same color as her pants.  Then I realized it was her butt.  So weird looking.  Did anyone else notice this or am I nuts?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Is the host of the live show a really big woman or was that a really small chair? 

Yes, and yes. She’s at least 5’10” and that chair was on the small side. I think it’s also low, which make one look even more oversized (speaking from experience). 

• Love 2

I had a hard time watching Chantel speak.  She delivered her words like she just came from the most painful teeth bleaching session at the dentist.  It was full of measured over enunciating and lip stretching over exposed teeth.  I was distracted.

Azan and Nicole original document excuse is so poorly made up.  The real Nicole would have done anything to get that document over including whining to everyone in sight...Morocco, Florida....any and everybody.  For her to just say Oh Well we have to cancel....nope.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

I swear, every time they mention Agadir, I think of Hank Azaria's Birdcage character, Agador.  smh

That would be Agador Spartacus.  The beloved character who cannot wear shoes because "they make me fall down".

5 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Ummmm.....FedEx?   A zan has never sounded so happy.

I didn't get that impression.  If he no longer wanted to marry her he would have put the kabosh on it when she was safely in the U.S.  I think he's pissed at her for being careless, and he's upset that his sister and others have put a good deal of money into this whole thing and it's probably non-refundable.  He's like Chantel in the way he has very subdued reactions.  He doesn't like to show negative emotions, so he mostly avoids eye contact.

• Love 7

I’m also quite hooked on Married at First Sight, and our “moderator” (whatever you wan to call it) is Jamie Otis who shows her teeth so much, she looks like Mr. Ed (a horse is a horse of course, of course...).  She drives everybody crazy, and yet I found myself wishing she as hosting instead of Michelle whatshername.  OMG, HORRIBLE commentary and aftershow.  Horrible.  Please make that go away!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Nicole is an idiot for lying to Karen saying that everything is good with Chantel, just tell the damn truth! 

I might've done the same. I didn't think it was very hospitable for Mother Chantel to bring up issues like this at the nice dinner she'd prepared. I also wouldn't wanna go complaining to someone's mom about her child like that after I'm in her house and she just served me dinner. Wrong time and place.

1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

I think Molly's brother is cute. 

*I will run away and hide in shame now* 

Oh, I love me some Jess!!! I find him so sexy! His voice...he's just yummy. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Some random thoughts about tonight's episode. 

I have nothing to say about the stupid Live show.

This was my favorite Annie quote tonight: "If I have to live in apartment where I cannot cook, then I cannot make my happiness life in America." 

What was that animal cage in the grim storage unit apartment? Why can't Annie cook on a hotplate with a wok? I see TV chefs do it all the time.

Is Loren wearing braces?

Loved how Mother Chantel was speaking even more painfully slowly when she was talking to Nicole and interspersing some Spanish words. 

I'm confused about this rejected "Police Report" that Nicole only had a photocopy of. Wouldn't that mean she has some kind of record on file somewhere? Like most people, I don't have any kind of "rap sheet" so where would I get a document that says I'm NOT a criminal? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I feel a bit bad for Annie. Clearly her life was shit back in Thailand and she saw David as a chance at a better life. What she got instead was a schlub of a man who brought her here to be a co- squatter. 

How low David must look in Annie's eyes. She worked in dick suck bars to help her family and her new husband won't take a clean $10 an hour job to at least pretend to support her.

I really hate David's daughter's judgement and need to call Annie a prostitute on camera.  Well at least Annie didn't sit on her lazy ass while her family went without.   That's not something David can say.  That daughter just doesn't get it - Annie got the raw deal, not your father.  

And I'm definitely fearing Annie is going to need to resort to this work again, and David will protest but do nothing.  

4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

They’re trying to copy AMC’s Talking Dead but they don’t have a talent like Chris Hardwick to do it with. No one even close.

Well maybe they can hire Chris Hardwick.  He was fired from Talking Dead after being outed as abusive to a girlfriend, as well as raping her multiple times.  It then became known that he was not a good guy on set, or in his jobs going back years.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jodie Landon said:

The Family Chantel instigated that fight. Even if she was being fake, Nicole was making an effort to be nice. That dinner was not the time for Chantel's mother to bring up Nicole being happy about Chantel's departure or Nicole's reaction to sleeping on the couch. And Chantel kept it going. And her brother was the one that started physical fight. Pedro seemed to be keeping his cool until the brother called him the n-word and threw something at him. And had Pedro manhandled Chantel's sister the way that Chantel's brother handled Nicole, her family would have tried to press charges.

But least Chantel's mom was kind enough to try to return Nicole's weave.

I completely agree

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NinaH said:

Lol love this!  I was wondering if there are 2 shifts or if Cody had already turned in his notice?  David is the help. 

I thought it seemed pretty clear that this guy is on his way out.  He had no fucks to give, and outed Chris's slumlord tendencies to the world.

4 hours ago, woot said:

Did I hear Mother Chantel apologizing to Nicole as she was leaving after the fight?  

Also - this live show bs is absolutely horrible and painful to watch.

Either Chantel or Mother Chantel seemed to be the apologizer.  These people are some of the strangest I've seen.  All of the gas lighting, and then inviting people into your home with plans for at least verbal violence, then picking your ass up of the ground apologizing and gently combing the extensions you've just pulled out with your fingers?

And how stupid is Father Chantel.  These fools have just pulled from each other's throats, and you try to throw it down again because some of your dishes were broken?  Obviously breaking a Family Chantel dish is a graver offense than say, knocking your own mother to the ground while fist fighting.  Their dynamic is downright bizarre.

• Love 23
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm confused about this rejected "Police Report" that Nicole only had a photocopy of. Wouldn't that mean she has some kind of record on file somewhere? Like most people, I don't have any kind of "rap sheet" so where would I get a document that says I'm NOT a criminal? 

Oddly enough, and I haven't seen the episode yet ..  that may actually be a thing.  Several years ago we adopted our son in Central America, and one of the things the government there required was a certificate from our Sheriff's office that we did not have any criminal record.  They were surprised, but they wrote one up.    And good heavens, I certainly was smart enough to bring the original with us.  What possible good would the original do anybody back at home ?  Oh wait - this is Nicole.  

If, when I watch the episode, I see that what they were asking for was 'way different, I'll come back and correct myself.  

• Love 10

You may be right about Nicole needing something like a Sheriff’s report, but wouldn’t that just show whether or not you have a clean record while at your current residence? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

But, Pedro and Nicole were set up and Family Chantel was lying in wait.  As always, Mother Chantel gives off extreme mixed messages, pretending to warmly greet and even hug Pedro.  Then when they finally sit down to eat this lovely meal, after luring the guests with false congeniality, start an aggressive grilling of Nicole. 

(Snip)

And while the pointing was stupid, Mother Chantel ratcheted up the tension, then Pedro was rudely trying to shut the whole thing down, and whiny River with his "who the fuck you talking to, shut up shut up shut up", which Pedro overreacted to, but there's already a history there before his sister even came into the picture.  Then River slapped the light fixture, which did come close to Pedro, so that's technically the first of the violence.

Great recap - I snipped a part for brevity...

I totally agree that Family Chantal was lying next in wait. As soon as they sat down Mother C was asking about the “apartamente.” Chantal was amping up the tension, when she should have been trying to postpone it for a more suitable time and place. She saw how disastrous the cabin was - why would she go for the sequel? But Chantal had already ran back to her family and gave them a ton of ammo. What did she think was going to happen, especially when aggro Pedro was with his sister and his hackles were already raised?

My husband thought the fight was staged because the family was eating on paper plates and eating out of foil pans, but I had to explain that this was typical of the fakery of Family Chantal. Besides that fight was way too raw with way too much collateral damage. MC got knocked down and could have broken her hip. She got up okay though and was waving Nicole’s extensions around like a damn trophy. 

I agree that if Pedro/Chantal want to make their marriage work, they need to cease contact with both of their families for a decent period. Especially with FC.

Question:

Isn’t Chris Annie’s sponsor? Does he have any obligation to provide her with money or lodging? If so, David might want to think about calling in his chips, and forcing  Chris  to help him out. God knows he’s got no options for jobs he wants and he’s not willing to do the jobs he can get.

eta: I did like how one of those after the show commenters said that Pedro was inspired with all of his video game playing when he landed that perfect side kick to the remainder of the Costco dinner. And I love how that got FC all heated - why did you do that?! Why did you do that????!” Lolol

Edited by loki310
More details!
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Why did Jorge leave a voice message saying "This is Jorge" when his name isn't really Jorge?

I wondered about that, too, but I figured that Jorge was the name the ex called him when she contacted Anfisa since that’s what he’s using on the show. And I also thought the word Jorge could have been dubbed in over him saying Andrew. 

Edited to ask, why is this Episode 10 and what happened to 9? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Jodie Landon said:

The Family Chantel instigated that fight. Even if she was being fake, Nicole was making an effort to be nice. That dinner was not the time for Chantel's mother to bring up Nicole being happy about Chantel's departure or Nicole's reaction to sleeping on the couch. And Chantel kept it going. And her brother was the one that started physical fight. Pedro seemed to be keeping his cool until the brother called him the n-word and threw something at him. And had Pedro manhandled Chantel's sister the way that Chantel's brother handled Nicole, her family would have tried to press charges.

But least Chantel's mom was kind enough to try to return Nicole's weave.

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Is the host of the live show a really big woman or was that a really small chair? No more live show .. Too phoney.

Antonio was shut down pretty quick when he mentioned the penguin was just biding time and planned on returning to Thailand. He was giving away a spoiler I guess.

The family Chantal fight was was just sad.

I watched Michelle on The View.  She's 6'1'' or 6'2".  They cared nothing for Michelle's comfort.  Put her in a little chair and have the screen to the side of her so she has to twist sideways.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I wondered about that, too, but I figured that Jorge was the name the ex called him when she contacted Anfisa since that’s what he’s using on the show. And I also thought the word Jorge could have been dubbed in over him saying Andrew. 

That's true.

I am also wondering why baby mamma has never requested a DNA test. Is he listed on the birth certificate? If he really is the father, she could have gotten a court order for DNA testing and child support, right? Something doesn't seem right if she's waited 10 years and not gone through legal channels. She must not have gotten public assistance, because they would have required proof of paternity and child support.

• Love 11

On Nicole and Azan - Don't care.  

Anfisa adn Jorge - Again, don't care.  I don't think Anfisa is any better than Jorge.  But the turnaround from 2 seasons ago, when she was destroying phones, keying his car, physically attacking him, etc., is just too dramatic, and one side or the other is unreal.

Pao and Russ - I thought Pao was delusional for most of last season - she will never be a model - too old, not tall, too curvy.  However, this season, I get where she is coming from.  I don't think TLC showed all visits to her grandmother.  I think she did not have time to grieve her miscarriage, and she has not really processed the loss of her grandmother.  I think she is feeling very alone.  That is understandable.  I think she is a person who lives her emotions, and, in a sense, they've been suppressed with Russ, who is Mr. Stoic, Mr. Dependable, but not Mr. Romantic or Mr. Understanding.  I think that is also why she retains her friendship with Juan.  She needs someone to whom she can spill her emotions.

Molly - Luis is a grifter, and she fell for him hook, line and sinker.  I think she so wanted a husband, she fell for the con.  Yes, she should have thought of her children as well, but Olivia was practically an adult, and her younger daughter could have adjusted.  Personally, I would never bring any man into my children's lives while they were under 18 (I'm all "Dr Laura" here!), but I don't think it is as irresponsible as some here have portrayed.

Family Chantel/Pedro - Personally, I think this story line is manufactured.  Assuming the fight was real, no, River did not really start it.  Pedro should not have tried to change seating with Chantel.  What he should have done is said, "Look, we're here for a conciliatory dinner, not an argument."  His action seemed, to Chantel, to be again putting his sister before his wife.  (My daughter pointed that out to her brother - sisters first!)  

River swung an IKEA fixture at Pedro in reaction to words.  Immature, but harmless.  Pedro reacted by starting a physical confrontation.  That should never have occurred in front of his wife's parents.  No matter what her parents think of him, they are his wife's parents, and he should respect them as his wife's parents.  It doesn't mean he has to like them, but he does need to respect them.  His behaviour was abysmal.

River did not purposely hit Nicole.  She jumped on him, and he took her, and his mother, down.  Mother Chantel grabbed Nicole's weave as they fell.  Winter was attempting to break up the fight.  Pedro's kicking the table before he left was extremely bad manners, and I worry about whether his temper will land on Chantel at some point.  Physical violence is never the answer, not even in the face of provocation.

• Love 8

I thought I actually saw Sister Pedro take River down to the floor in a headlock.  

Family Chantel and Family Pedro deserve each other. While Nicole is totally obnoxious (yes, her name messes with me as well), this 'dinner' was payback for chicken feet.  So much passive aggression all the way around.

I agree River started it.  I was a little surprised to see his hippy-dippy self get in a fighting posture. I do think he got a shot in on Pedro's grill, too.

How sad is my life that I couldn't wait to watch this reality TV 'fight'?

• Love 13