Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

David's sister would be wise to take that $1000 and put it towards her bottom teeth.  And wow, the David Poor gene pool is some kinda ugly.  Meanwhile, Annie looks like she's trying to compete with David on who will gain the most weight when they supposedly can't afford food.

Sad yes to all of that.

Annie better watch her weight because she still may have to use her money maker so she should remain marketable.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

Good point about the possible reason for Winter's weight.  Of course!  Her mother runs a what?  Cheerleading camp or something?  That's a step up from running a kiddie pageant coaching service, but not a big step.  And on the other end of the spectrum there's Seabiscuit with her hyper-sexy body, which is  just another way of reacting in a family where physical appearance (for females, anyway) is paramount.  This is a sad family.

One thing I'm on board with is buying fresh shrimp at an Asian market--you can get them with the heads on, and they taste so much better, they really do.  You boil them intact, then behead them.  Gross, but their brains (? do shrimp have brains?) make them taste a whole lot better, or maybe it's just that they stay fresher when they're less processed.  And at our Asian market, prices are a lot lower, especially for fish and produce, than at the regular grocery store, so that $60 dinner would probably have cost at least $75 at Kroger's.

This is the best laugh I’ve had all month and I may need a new IPad!

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sad yes to all of that.

Annie better watch her weight because she still may have to use her money maker so she should remain marketable.

Isn't her moneymaker highlighted every week with bright red lipstick?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

The thing about George blaming lack of money for his marital troubles is like misquoting the Bible as "money is the root of all evil."  It's "love of money"
 that's the root of all evil.  In George's case, money isn't the reason Anfisa is going to leave him.  It's the lying about money that's the problem.  I can't tell if she's genuine about loving George--it's hard for me to imagine that it's true--but remember, she comes from a family where her father disappeared when she was very young, and she has said her mother was always out trying to find a new husband.  I think it's possible that she is simply desperate to create a real family for herself, and George was kind to her (admittedly kind by spending money on her), so she might have bought into it that he would be a reliable, non-deserting father figure.  And then she realizes he's been lying all this time, and not just about money.  I don't think he'll ever realize the depth of the betrayal Anfisa is experiencing, not just about the money.

That said, I doubt that she would have hooked up with him in the first place if he hadn't led her to believe he was a millionaire.  She seems resourceful; if he had come clean, fully clean, right out of the box once they were in America, she might well have stayed with him and been a good partner in working together to succeed financially and matrimonially. 

Jorge strikes me as the classic Clueless Wonder:  "What?  I just laid $10,000 cash at your feet?  What is the problem NOW?"  When the problems are:  Your lying about who you were/are, NOT standing up for your wife when your holier than thou sisters trash talk YOUR WIFE, your lying about seeing an attorney........"  I could go on but you all get the idea!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Is it just me or in this last episode did Nicole seem ... almost ... medicated? Maybe it was the heat of Morocco but a few times she seemed almost on the verge of not really having any Fs left to give. 

French Fry withdrawal ?  Hostess Donuts withdrawal ?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/3/2018 at 10:42 PM, DVDFreaker said:

Actually, the part of David being fit was true, I saw a picture of him being fit although his body was weird looking fit

I kind of want to see this, but as an actual fit person, I am also sort of scared.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kickboxer said:

I kind of want to see this, but as an actual fit person, I am also sort of scared.

"Fit" is in the eye of the beholder.   I will agree that David looked "better" before (post surgery and prior to regaining weight)...but never fit.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

NOT standing up for your wife when your holier than thou sisters trash talk YOUR WIFE,

His sisters aren't blameless, of course, but their opinion is based on what Jorge told them.  Lies?  I'm not sure.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I know right? I bet in a group dinner, David asks them to pay their dinner but when they are alone, I do not have any idea how they got the money

Maybe David pulls the old “ roach/piece of glass/ in my food “ routine?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

"Fit" is in the eye of the beholder.   I will agree that David looked "better" before (post surgery and prior to regaining weight)...but never fit.

"Fit" is the body being able to complete active tasks and resist disease. It doesn't always guarantee a stereotypically great looking body, but come on now. David?  

• Love 4

I set out to find out what I could about David's life before Thailand and the political scandal that's been brought up here.  Here's what I was able to glean from https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-david-toborowsky-political-scandal-prior-reality-show-more-background-info/

There's a lot of information on that site, including information about Chris, who has a pretty chequered past himself.

Anyway, in 2010 David ran for the county school board, allegedly recruited by the liberal president of the teachers' association (David is conservative) in order to have a school board that would vote to keep the superintendant in his job.  His recruitment involved meetings with labor leaders and political fundraisers that were illegal.  That's one thing.  I think this was just general political dirty jiggery-pokery.

Another is that David did not live in the school district and was thus ineligible to run.  Guess whose address he tried to use?  Why, old BFF Chris's, of course.  Chris said he didn't know anything was wrong with it, that David had simply asked to live with him for a while, and since they're BFF, Chris welcomed him.  David moved in the day before the filing deadline.

David was in trouble a few years earlier when he worked for the KY Dept. of Health and Family Services and failed to file a required 2007 financial statement.

When asked how he came to be in Thailand, David said "A couple of friends of mine cashed in points and miles."  Mooch, mooch, mooch.

In Thailand, Annie worked for the same company that David and Chris founded, the "make your Thai dream come true" deal, as a "singer."  And:

"David has been to over 63 countries and specialize in international travel and business. He has degrees in Health Administration, Aviation, and is certified to Teach English as a 2nd language."

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

David's sister would be wise to take that $1000 and put it towards her bottom teeth.  And wow, the David Poor gene pool is some kinda ugly.  Meanwhile, Annie looks like she's trying to compete with David on who will gain the most weight when they supposedly can't afford food.

I think they’re gaining weight because the only food they can afford is cheap and highly processed...probably the same reason Nicole is gaining. Meh.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Mothra said:

"David has been to over 63 countries and specialize in international travel and business. He has degrees in Health Administration, Aviation, and is certified to Teach English as a 2nd language."

Then get a damn job!  ESL teachers are in high demand around here, I am SPED so of this topic I know a bit.  But then David would have to make a teacher's salary.......can't have that now can we?  Good gosh - a job with decent pay, benefits, a pension.......argh!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Chantel's family sucks just as bad in their own way. Pedro's family mooches and is disrespectful. But Family Chantel is dysfunctional in that they are always together and no one appears capable of making an independent decision. There is no way for Pedro to win with Family Chantel unless he abandons his own family and does everything Family Chantel says. Its really odd that River and Winter never seem to be going anywhere or doing anything. The whole family just obsesses over their Pedro conspiracy theories. 

River and Winter are actually extras, lol.  It is weird how they are always right there, the whole family stays together unit like a school of fish, work and school schedules be damned, they could be called upon to pile on Pedro at any moment!

Just had a thought, maybe River and Winter were had incase Chantel needed an organ or something.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I set out to find out what I could about David's life before Thailand and the political scandal that's been brought up here.  Here's what I was able to glean from https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-david-toborowsky-political-scandal-prior-reality-show-more-background-info/

There's a lot of information on that site, including information about Chris, who has a pretty chequered past himself.

Anyway, in 2010 David ran for the county school board, allegedly recruited by the liberal president of the teachers' association (David is conservative) in order to have a school board that would vote to keep the superintendant in his job.  His recruitment involved meetings with labor leaders and political fundraisers that were illegal.  That's one thing.  I think this was just general political dirty jiggery-pokery.

Another is that David did not live in the school district and was thus ineligible to run.  Guess whose address he tried to use?  Why, old BFF Chris's, of course.  Chris said he didn't know anything was wrong with it, that David had simply asked to live with him for a while, and since they're BFF, Chris welcomed him.  David moved in the day before the filing deadline.

David was in trouble a few years earlier when he worked for the KY Dept. of Health and Family Services and failed to file a required 2007 financial statement.

When asked how he came to be in Thailand, David said "A couple of friends of mine cashed in points and miles."  Mooch, mooch, mooch.

In Thailand, Annie worked for the same company that David and Chris founded, the "make your Thai dream come true" deal, as a "singer."  And:

I didn’t know Annie was a singer, I thought she played the mouth organ.

• Love 19
49 minutes ago, HamSammich said:

I think they’re gaining weight because the only food they can afford is cheap and highly processed...probably the same reason Nicole is gaining. Meh.

Well, both he and Annie are out of work.  They could lower their portion intake and exercise with all that time on their hands!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I didn’t know Annie was a singer, I thought she played the mouth organ.

Go stand over there in the corner and think about what a bad, bad person you are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Okay.  Who would watch Vagina Boot Camp on TLC?

Dying!!! Absolutley dying with laughter....and hell yes, I would watch it. Imagine the epic snark!!! 

• Love 2
On 7/3/2018 at 12:21 PM, Mothra said:

An extra $300/month would probably not buy a significant upgrade to Chantel and Pedro's apartment, certainly not three bedrooms and two baths, but what a kick it must be for him to make his family *rich* by DR standards!

But must they be "rich" ??    Will they be middle-class, but still living better than all of their friends, if he sends only $100?   

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

But must they be "rich" ??    Will they be middle-class, but still living better than all of their friends, if he sends only $100?   

I should have put quotation marks around "rich."    My point is that "rich" in the Dominican Republic is nothing near "rich" in the US.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Video from Chris and Nikki answering viewers' questions:

What the heck? Does he own a KFC franchise or something? He's cheesy as all get out. He seemed sort of kind and pulled together but he's a bit more vulgar that I had thought.  She is gorgeous. They are handling this circus as well as anyone can I guess??

3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

His sisters aren't blameless, of course, but their opinion is based on what Jorge told them.  Lies?  I'm not sure.

His sisters vulgar and rude behavior doesn't help things. Particularly Lourdes - She is terrible. Talking about someone opening their legs at dinner is disgusting. I wonder how the girls will feel as Jeorge outs himself as a compulsive liar on EVERY episode this year AND managed to get arrested for a crime that the fellows from Dumb and Dumber wouldn't have attempted to pull off.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Go stand over there in the corner and think about what a bad, bad person you are.

And when you are done, call me so we can talk!!!!  LOL!  Oh my gosh that was funny!!!!  Mouth organ........tee hee.....yes I am twelve!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 7:04 PM, iwasish said:

I am buying a six pack, getting a roll of quarters and putting her on notice that the vacay is over.

This?  OMG.  I died for a good five minutes.  LOL!!

You people are one hell of a clever bunch!  My God.  Best thread going on the internets this week!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Does he own a KFC franchise or something?

No.  He said his friend, Alice, owns "twenty-six or something."    His family is into real estate and development and he's in the family business, which appears very successful.

• Love 1

Talking about someone opening their legs at dinner is disgusting

I agree, but when and where will she get another opportunity...that's IF Jorge told his family that about Anfisa?   He's pretty shrewd about keeping his wife and his family apart.

I wonder how the girls will feel as Jeorge outs himself as a compulsive liar on EVERY episode this year

Definitely NOT this:  SurpriseSurpriseSurprise.jpg.b115be88c23528596c5481ff330e14fe.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I agree, but when and where will she get another opportunity...that's IF Jorge told his family that about Anfisa?   He's pretty shrewd about keeping his wife and his family apart.

Yes but Ashley and Annie talked about opening a beer bottle with their lower darby (in their lower darby?) at lunch so, I dunno.......

We stick to talking about current events and the Minnesota Vikings but hey that is us!

Wonder what qualifies for breakfast talk?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mothra said:

Okay.  Who would watch Vagina Boot Camp on TLC?

Suggested Episode titles :

“Can I Open that for You?”

“ Do You need change?”

“ No it doesn’t hurt, not once you get the hang of it”

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

No.  He said his friend, Alice, owns "twenty-six or something."    His family is into real estate and development and he's in the family business, which appears very successful.

Didn’t he offer David a job at a restaurant, maybe it was KFC?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Then get a damn job!  ESL teachers are in high demand around here, I am SPED so of this topic I know a bit.  But then David would have to make a teacher's salary.......can't have that now can we?  Good gosh - a job with decent pay, benefits, a pension.......argh!

While I agree ESL teachers are needed badly, at least where I live, I'm not sure David's certification is the same as what you are I are thinking of as an ESL teacher in the US. David was teaching English classes in Asia. You do not have to be fluent in any Asian languages to teach English. Whitney from my big fat fabulous life used to teach English in Korea and she doesn't speak Korean. I think David's certificate is just that a piece of paper from some school or program in Asia saying he is "certified" to teach English. 

Lets say best case , he was an actual certified ESL teacher, I can't see David waking up at 6am every day and teaching. David needs something that he can set his own hours like real estate , mortgages, or life insurance but he does not have a outgoing friendly sales personality either. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

David needs something that he can set his own hours like real estate , mortgages, or life insurance but he does not have a outgoing friendly sales personality either. 

He probably can't set his own hours until he has been employed for awhile--and then, of course, he'd need to produce or it's buh-bye, David.

26 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Suggested Episode titles :

“Can I Open that for You?”

“ Do You need change?”

“ No it doesn’t hurt, not once you get the hang of it”

"Let Me Pick That Up For You, Sir"

"I'm Trying to Give Up Cigarettes, But Cigars Are Just As Bad for You"

"Need a Light?"

"Bottoms Up!"

"Annie Oakley Could Hit a Bottle at 100 Yards; How Far Away is that Chicken?"

23 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

While I agree ESL teachers are needed badly, at least where I live, I'm not sure David's certification is the same as what you are I are thinking of as an ESL teacher in the US. David was teaching English classes in Asia. You do not have to be fluent in any Asian languages to teach English. Whitney from my big fat fabulous life used to teach English in Korea and she doesn't speak Korean. I think David's certificate is just that a piece of paper from some school or program in Asia saying he is "certified" to teach English. 

Lets say best case , he was an actual certified ESL teacher, I can't see David waking up at 6am every day and teaching. David needs something that he can set his own hours like real estate , mortgages, or life insurance but he does not have a outgoing friendly sales personality either. 

In one of those articles I posted, David told Chris he wanted to be an Uber driver, and would Chris buy him a car?  Chris said yes, if the car could carry advertising for one of Chris' business.  This is against Uber's policies, but David didn't tell Chris that.  Chris took the car back.  Same song, second verse.

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, Mothra said:

In one of those articles I posted, David told Chris he wanted to be an Uber driver, and would Chris buy him a car?  Chris said yes, if the car could carry advertising for one of Chris' business.  This is against Uber's policies, but David didn't tell Chris that.  Chris took the car back.  Same song, second verse.

What a fucktard David is. 

• Love 4

She wisely gave her child a very short, easy name, so it wouldn't take any thought or time to type, thus not cutting into her chat time with Her World.

Between the horrible mental images of David's flapping ass  cheeks  and Annie's vagina and mouth organ, I think TLC needs to supply industrial bottles of brain bleach. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I hear you silverspoons, I was ready to look up David's teaching license to see if really had a teaching license.  I would probably come up empty handed.  A teaching license requires hard work, skills, people and corporate type skills and patience, among other things. David has none of those things.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Between the horrible mental images of David's flapping ass  cheeks  and Annie's vagina and mouth organ

Those "horrible mental images" of Annie had to be created on this forum, right?  I don't think there's any proof via TLC that she has any "special" talents.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I had a friend who taught English in Asia for years. When she came back to the States she found private pupils. She made a living at it. Not cushy but she did all right. But you have to have some hustle. Which of course David lacks. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I had a friend who taught English in Asia for years. When she came back to the States she found private pupils. She made a living at it. Not cushy but she did all right. But you have to have some hustle. Which of course David lacks. 

Yes I agree - I was going to add that I was going to look up any license that David holds because I am a sped teacher and clearly have no life in the summer, which is just how I like it.  

Edited to add:  I just tried to look him up - he has no teacher's license in KY.  No shocker there.  Yes I am kinda bored.

Off topic a bit:  I have been jokingly "accused" of being a stalker when I look up a teacher's teaching license but it IS public information and hey.....don't you want to know your child is being taught by.....oh don't know.....a TEACHER?  LOL!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Exactly what I was thinking. He's not a certified teacher. I think his only qualification is that he is a native English speaker. No way this guy could handle being a teacher in the US. You actually have to work, not just show up for an hour class. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes I agree - I was going to add that I was going to look up any license that David holds because I am a sped teacher and clearly have no life in the summer, which is just how I like it.  

Edited to add:  I just tried to look him up - he has no teacher's license in KY.  No shocker there.  Yes I am kinda bored.

Off topic a bit:  I have been jokingly "accused" of being a stalker when I look up a teacher's teaching license but it IS public information and hey.....don't you want to know your child is being taught by.....oh don't know.....a TEACHER?  LOL!

Don't consider yourself a stalker. Quite a few teachers are not certified where I live. Sometimes I'm an okay with it like when a retired doctor teaches middle school science but other times I am not like when a out of work contractor that is BF with admin becomes a special edu teacher and is clueless. I'm glad the records are out there for all. I check every doctor or dentist I see on the DOPL (I was flat shocked at doctor's issues, lots of self prescribing violations) I check contractors or just about anyone liscensed. I think most people do not check teachers doctors, contractors and are foolish not to.  Records are public to protect the public. Our state publishes every teacher's salary . I thought that might be a privacy issue but it showed parents the SPED are the lowest paid by far but usually have the longest hours and heaviest work loads and the teachers that coach sports the highest paid and have fewer students and classes to teach. It got parents to push for change.

I would love to see David whole resume. I'm sure it is inflated by someone like Chris and Nikki to look like he has way more education and skills. I doubt Chris had three college majors. He probably had 1 major and took a few aviation classes? Or maybe has tried to get a pilots license or has one for small planes. I would be curious to know if he does have some pilot experience , have Chris buy him a small plane. Make it an Uber type plane service. This is very profitable to rural areas. My son's closest doctor is over 400 miles away with no super fast highway route to take. I found a rural "uber" like flight service that offer to take us there and back in a day for under $600. Comparing expenses for us, gas, hotel, 2 days off work, the flight was less $100 more then a 2 day drive to fly (of course I am chicken of small planes). The pilot was making over $350 after landing fees and fuel. If David wanted Uber (my guess is because it is a job you can turn on and off) why not Uber flies if he really has an pilot's license. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I would love to see David whole resume. I'm sure it is inflated by someone like Chris and Nikki to look like he has way more education and skills. I doubt Chris had three college majors. He probably had 1 major and took a few aviation classes? Or maybe has tried to get a pilots license or has one for small planes. I would be curious to know if he does have some pilot experience , have Chris buy him a small plane. Make it an Uber type plane service. This is very profitable to rural areas. My son's closest doctor is over 400 miles away with no super fast highway route to take. I found a rural "uber" like flight service that offer to take us there and back in a day for under $600. Comparing expenses for us, gas, hotel, 2 days off work, the flight was less $100 more then a 2 day drive to fly (of course I am chicken of small planes). The pilot was making over $350 after landing fees and fuel. If David wanted Uber (my guess is because it is a job you can turn on and off) why not Uber flies if he really has an pilot's license. 

David is too heavy to be a private pilot.  My dad had a private pilot license for many years - from the time he was 16 until he developed some health issues about 15-ish years ago.  My dad gained too much weight at one point in his life (and he wasn't even THAT heavy) and he had high blood pressure to boot, and they pulled his license until he lost weight and brought his BP down.  Small planes have weight limits (big planes do too, but it's much more complicated in small planes).  With David being pretty overweight, that has to be deducted off of the plane's limit, along with fuel, equipment, etc.  While the FAA guidelines don't have hard and fast rules regarding height and weight, the pilot must be able to easily get in and out of the aircraft, and be able to easily reach all pedals and equipment - and there is not much room in small planes.  Plus they do have rules regarding general health, and I doubt he could pass those either.  The best he could hope for is to fly experimental aircraft - much less regulated.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6