Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

If Olivia has been living with her boyfriend and his parents for a month, it makes you wonder what happened that his parents would allow her to stay so long. I get the idea something else happened in that house to drive her out and to make Molly realize she made a mistake. How long was Olivia gone before she realized Luis, not Olivia was the problem? 

If Olivia was my son's girlfriend and was having such a horrible time at home I would surely take her in.  She seems like a nice, mature, respectful girl and I would expect that she would not be interested in trying to take advantage of my kindness. 

Way back in the very first episode of this show, when Molly first went to the airport to pick up Luis, I noted Olivia's lack of enthusiasm and said "wise beyond her years Olivia has seen this all before. She'll be there with the broom and dustpan to sweep up when it all falls apart, and it won't be the first time". I usually suck at predictions, but this time I think I was right on the money. 

2 hours ago, lucy711 said:

There's been some speculation about the home showed on the show not being Chantel's parent's real house.  I, too, remember the McMansion in the first season they were filmed.  But, I also remember a scene where they were "packing," and it was insinuated that they were moving.  Maybe they had to dump the McMansion for a more humble abode? 

Oh, gawd, the famous "packing sequence". Family Chantel, lackadaisically wrapping various tchotchkes in gift wrap (GIFT WRAP!) and tossing them willy nilly into boxes. No newspaper, no bubble wrap, no care taken for any of the priceless "antiques" that they were supposedly packing up. And of course, all of them in one room, packing together. Do they all go to the bathroom together too? Jesus. 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I worked 12 years in the USA without having my green card, making great money in construction. I know lots of undocumented people making a living without paperwork. Not having a green card is a lame excuse for not working and pay the bills.

If Annie is working under the table, which I suspect she is doing, or will be doing soon, it would ill behoove her to cop to it on national television. I'm pretty sure she'll be working three jobs before long. Then she'll be too exhausted for doing the hibbety bibbety with her gross hubby. 

• Love 9

Yeah, I didn't know how all that worked, but they say over and over on this show- they can't work or get a driver's liscense until they get their green card.  So, if Annie is doing it; she would be wise not to flaunt that on a TV show.

• Love 3

The other thing I should have added to my earlier post per Chantel saying it "always feels so good to talk to my family" I wanted to yell at the tv:  "WHY?  It always ends in a shitshow with more ammunition they hurl at Pedro, you feeling really bad about yourself, Pedro and your own family......what about this feels good?"

• Love 8
On 2018-07-02 at 5:32 PM, Brooklynista said:

And they have to make this separation happen before Chantal gets pregnant. Once that happens she's damaged goods. They might be able to pass off the marriage as the impulsive move of a young woman,  but if Pedro knocks her up? No way they'll be able to capture the son of the town funeral home who's sure to inherit the business.

Chantal messed up the family's plan for comeuppance. Who are they going to hitch their wagon to now? River? He's busy making a doll with hair from Chantal's brush. Winter? Yeah...no.

Doll out of brush hair.......I am dying.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Eric said:

.And do you think what you see on the show is always true facts?

Not at all (chuckling)...but was anything featured on the show that led viewers to believe that David was ever fit--physically--in his life or in Thailand?  Especially that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Olivia has seen this all before. She'll be there with the broom and dustpan to sweep up when it all falls apart, and it won't be the first time".

Except, THIS time, she's not there to pick up the pieces! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Horrified said:

I was at my local Winners (Canadian version of Marshall's) and a stylist was returning clothing and decor she had used for a photo shoot..

VOILA!    Was he/she returning it as a matter of general business.  Winners was fine with the exchange?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, gawd, the famous "packing sequence". Family Chantel, lackadaisically wrapping various tchotchkes in gift wrap (GIFT WRAP!) and tossing them willy nilly into boxes.

Wow, I don't remember the packing scene at all, but if they moved out of that McMansion into a sad little ranch house, they must have fallen on hard times. No wonder they need TLC money! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ava111 said:

Nicole can hire Azan as a babysitter for Mae. He is really good with her,

He really does seem good with and to Mae.  Still, I have some misgivings about leaving him alone with her this early in the so-called relationship.  

On 7/2/2018 at 1:10 AM, iwasish said:

He’s still lying about why his K1 was denied. 

Someone mentioned how nice he is May. I think he carries her and pays attention to her to avoid holding hands with Nicole or having conversations with her.

He nearly passed out when she mentioned “ the wedding night” no way is he anxious to marry her.

Why did he say it was denied?

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why did he say it was denied?

He said it had to do with his previous girlfriend from Belarus and his attempts to get a visa to go there. The interviewer kept asking questions about that relationship instead of his relationship with Nicole. 

Looks like next week there are issues with the marriage license or K3 . I think there is much more to the denial of the K1. Maybe he’s tried to get one with several different women? 

Whatever  it is, it might be what keeps them from getting hitched.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Not at all (chuckling)...but was anything featured on the show that led viewers to believe that David was ever fit--physically--in his life or in Thailand?  Especially that.

They did show a picture of a trim and a much healthier looking David.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Actually, the part of David being fit was true, I saw a picture of him being fit although his body was weird looking fit

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, funky-rat said:

He used to have a drinking problem.  Still does, but he used to, too.  (RIP Mitch Hedberg).

Depends on the school district.  My husband is 45 and went to a somewhat inner city public school.  He didn't touch a computer until about 4 years after he graduated.  I went to a more affluent school district.  Started using computers in 4th grade.   I will be 45 in a few months.

Loved loved still love  Mitch! 

I forget what did David do work wise during his 4 1/2 years of re-booting , was it some company owned by Chris?  

Boy that is some strong family resemblance 

How soon can you get a green card to work  after marriage ? Why do I find it hard to believe Pedro is a perfect husband when family is not around? 

Questions I need to know the answer to. 

2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

VOILA!    Was he/she returning it as a matter of general business.  Winners was fine with the exchange?

My best friend is always identifying someone's full perfectly matched  cart at TJ Maxx  as a stager, I look when he says it and it does look that way. . I was told by someone checking me out that they were not accepting returns without receipts except housewares any longer. 

3 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

How old is Sister Pedro?  She seems terribly immature, yet amazingly conniving as well.  

I saw a brand of jeans called Boom. Boom Jeans.  I cannot not think of David now.

I looked up to see her age but I could not find anything but If I have to guess her age, I would say 22 

33 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

I looked up to see her age but I could not find anything but If I have to guess her age, I would say 22 

She's 24.  It took a lot of digging, but she was 22 when she was in the Miss Earth pageant in 2016.

But you guys, guess what!  We knew Chantel is actually Ce'Air Shantal. but River is River Knight, and Winter is Winter Skylar.  Maybe Mother Chantel speaks so slowly because she spent so much time high when she needed to name her children.  :P

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I've been contemplating this! What would be a vengeance meal for chicken feet?

I'm thinking chitterlings. Or chitlins as most Southerners call em. Pig intestines if you will. Quite a delicacy in the South. They're something you truly have to have a stomach for. I would guess bootleg bougie Mother Chantel grew up on them but she'll surely act as if they've never passed her poised lips.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

She's 24.  It took a lot of digging, but she was 22 when she was in the Miss Earth pageant in 2016.  ...

I saw this video recently.  Hoping it posts...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Any predictions what is on the menu for the Family Chantel's special revenge dinner for Sister Pedro this week? 

I'm thinking muskrat!  I live in DE and those things are actually on the menu in a few places.  Seasonally, of course.  Served alongside some stewed tomatoes.  Yum yum!

4 hours ago, Kareem said:

I saw this video recently.  Hoping it posts...

It looks like she hired the same company that does the intros for "Four Weddings" for this video. All that's missing is her wagging her finger and saying "No, no, NO, NO Chantal as sister-in-law for me!" Can't believe the Dominican Republic could not do better with their entrant for ... Miss EARTH? WTF?

• Love 5

This is the least of May’s (or is it Mae?) problems, but would it kill for Nicole to brush her child’s hair, and maybe put it up in a pony tail or pigtails or a braid? It’s hot there, May is always pushing her hair out of her face. 

Nicole! Take an interest in your daughter! 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wow, I don't remember the packing scene at all, but if they moved out of that McMansion into a sad little ranch house, they must have fallen on hard times. No wonder they need TLC money! 

It was in the first season, one of the first times Chantel trotted Pedro over to her parents' house so they could all pile on him. 

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Any predictions what is on the menu for the Family Chantel's special revenge dinner for Sister Pedro this week? 

I'm guessing a large plate of accusations, with a side of self righteous and a nice warm cup of finger pointing and bigotry.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Eric said:

I worked 12 years in the USA without having my green card, making great money in construction. I know lots of undocumented people making a living without paperwork. Not having a green card is a lame excuse for not working and pay the bills.

The GC is part of the citizenship end of things, right?  So, you can still get a job with a real paycheck and not paid under the table. If so, then why the hell do the foreign spouse sit around moping about lack of money and how bored they are?  Luis could have worked as a bartender thru a caterer, right? The others could have been working too?

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The GC is part of the citizenship end of things, right?  So, you can still get a job with a real paycheck and not paid under the table. If so, then why the hell do the foreign spouse sit around moping about lack of money and how bored they are?  Luis could have worked as a bartender thru a caterer, right? The others could have been working too?

You can’t get a legal job without a green card or a work visa, the K1 is set up for a GC so they arent eligible for a work visa so the only way they could be working is doing so illegally.  So if they were working it would be stupid of them to mention it and no employer would allow them to film if they were hiring people illegally in this environment so we definitely wouldn’t be seeing it on the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

You can’t get a legal job without a green card or a work visa, the K1 is set up for a GC so they arent eligible for a work visa so the only way they could be working is doing so illegally.  So if they were working it would be stupid of them to mention it and no employer would allow them to film if they were hiring people illegally in this environment so we definitely wouldn’t be seeing it on the show.

Oh, I see. Thank you clearing that up for me.  

Then I think the imported should be better educated about what they can and cannot do once they reach the states and then quit bitching about it.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Kangatush said:

She's 24.  It took a lot of digging, but she was 22 when she was in the Miss Earth pageant in 2016.

But you guys, guess what!  We knew Chantel is actually Ce'Air Shantal. but River is River Knight, and Winter is Winter Skylar.  Maybe Mother Chantel speaks so slowly because she spent so much time high when she needed to name her children.  :P

I was close enough, good job digging to find her age! 

39 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

This is the least of May’s (or is it Mae?) problems, but would it kill for Nicole to brush her child’s hair, and maybe put it up in a pony tail or pigtails or a braid? It’s hot there, May is always pushing her hair out of her face. 

Nicole will take a interest in her daughter whenever "My world" dumps her

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

Come to think of it, Nicole DOES look like Honey Boo Boo's mother before her weight loss surgery.  Maybe they can move over to a different "reality" show.

• Love 3

Last year Danielle came very close to having a reality show with a Mama June “Not to Hot” makeover but she blew her chance. Please, please, please TLC, don’t give Nicole any ideas! 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

It’s definitely May. Not Mae. No idea where that misspelling came from, but it persists even though several people have confirmed the correct spelling.

I can understand the confusion around “Robbalee” because what the hell even is that name, but “May” is three letters, phoenetic, a common verb, and a month of the year. It could not be easier!

(This isn’t really directed at you, HoT, just the rantings of a good speller with an equally simple first name that people still manage to fuck up!)

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

I was close enough, good job digging to find her age! 

Another "My World" will take his place soon enough, & unfortunately it won't be May.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

899cbdea-4abd-43b2-aeb9-8c8d1d6189b6_1.50809d1ebe2a80b39334f94d03a25753-2.thumb.jpeg.679c8a6ceb51e05d16c8b5dc7c1d0ae2.jpeg

This is a real thing: the meat, along with the bones, are pickled in brine.  A lot of it is gelatinous when you pull it out of the jar.

Okay - my mom (rest her soul) ate pickled pigs feet as a delicacy.  She was 100% Norwegian in her ancestry.  That crap grossed me out then, it is gross now.  I would come home from school and see a big cook pot. Yay, right?  No......lift the lid and there are hooves in there!!!!  No.....just no thanks, mom.

She would have NEVER served them to others, unless she knew they liked them.

12 hours ago, Horrified said:

If you could find it.....

Oh horrifed, I love you.  Yes Jorge's neck is a bit....large. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, lucy711 said:

There's been some speculation about the home showed on the show not being Chantel's parent's real house.  I, too, remember the McMansion in the first season they were filmed.  But, I also remember a scene where they were "packing," and it was insinuated that they were moving.  Maybe they had to dump the McMansion for a more humble abode? 

Maybe they’re building and this is a temporary rental.

15 hours ago, iwasish said:

He said it had to do with his previous girlfriend from Belarus and his attempts to get a visa to go there. The interviewer kept asking questions about that relationship instead of his relationship with Nicole. 

Looks like next week there are issues with the marriage license or K3 . I think there is much more to the denial of the K1. Maybe he’s tried to get one with several different women? 

Whatever  it is, it might be what keeps them from getting hitched.

We can only hope that, if this is the case, that the man comes out and says "Hmmm....looks like you have been trying to get Visas with other women for two years now."  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I've got it!!! The person who referenced Mama June made me remember what Family Honeybooboo's favorite meal was - road kill! So The Family Chantel can take another family road trip out in the country, and collect dinner for Sister Pedro. Squirrel, rabbit, skunk, and if they're really lucky, a deer.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm thinking chitterlings. Or chitlins as most Southerners call em. Pig intestines if you will. Quite a delicacy in the South. They're something you truly have to have a stomach for. 

Been in the south my whole life - not so far from Atlanta, actually - and chitlins was DEFINITELY the first thing that popped into my head.  I’ve never had one pass my lips either, but they are readily available in all the regular grocery stores.  Please, dear sweet baby Jesus, I’m praying hard that Mama Chantel makes the boy some chitlins.  Here’s my suggested menu:  chitlins, rutabagas and potato ho’cakes.  Of course, the smell alone will keep them from entering the house.  Maybe she really DID that, and the fight ensued!  

Theres a town here in Georgia that has an annual Chitlin Festival.  It’s a big deal.  I’ve never been, but a friend who lives there says on festival day you can smell them 5 miles before the city limit.

• Love 4
(edited)

I can relate to Chantal with loving a man who's family sucks.

My ex who I share kids with has a psycho, crazy foreign mom and she's definitely ruined a lot of happy moments in our life together. Once things get that bad, they really can't recover. BUT my ex knew his mom was crazy and just basically chalked it up to - yeah, she's crazy but she's my mom. 

Pick and choose your battles I guess. 

The money thing isn't uncommon at all. My ex is from Venezuela and when he used to go back home, half of his suitcase was gifts for all his family. He would always return sometimes with only the shirt on his back giving them even his coat and phone of his personal stuff. Once his cousin asked to bring a tv LOL I was like how does he think you can do that wtf. I never cared about the gifts because he didn't go often and he was too cheap to send money but I think he also lead on that his life was amazing here but really he lived pay check to pay check and was terrible with $$$

Side note - how can Annie and David eat out so much and they can't even pay rent - SMH!

Edited by tumamita
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay - my mom (rest her soul) ate pickled pigs feet as a delicacy.  She was 100% Norwegian in her ancestry. 

I grew up in a house where this was served on the regular; Mom is Irish and she grew up very working class.  We ate it on soda crackers.

• Love 2