Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Jorge once again demonstrated zero character. What a lying liar he is. Jorge, we have you on camera visiting the lawyer!

I'm sorry, but watching Anfisa take the 'mommy' position with him was truly comical. She really does deserve better. I look forward to seeing her with a good guy one day. There's nowhere to go but up.

4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

What about Nicole?  This is the episode she finally finds out some truth about her "world"

Another priceless moment that she clearly wasn't in on. And Azan was a world away so she couldn't push him around physically. Hahahaha.

I think back on her complete double standard... the smarmy smile she tried to hide when she told him about her own "indiscretions." And Azan didn't understand for some strange reason.

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Jorge once again demonstrated zero character. What a lying liar he is. Jorge, we have you on camera visiting the lawyer!

I'm sorry, but watching Anfisa take the 'mommy' position with him was truly comical. She really does deserve better. I look forward to seeing her with a good guy one day. There's nowhere to go but up.

Another priceless moment that she clearly wasn't in on. And Azan was a world away so she couldn't push him around physically. Hahahaha.

I think back on her complete double standard... the smarmy smile she tried to hide when she told him about her own "indiscretions." And Azan didn't understand for some strange reason.

Yes and her in the van crying and wailing about "It's not fair that he won't let me forget I cheated on him" or some such nonsense.  The gist of it being that he should forgive and forget when it comes to her "cheating" (I still have doubts about that).    I feel kind of bad hearing her cry because I can tell it's real, but really the best thing for Nicole would be for her to learn the truth before she moves herself and May away from their entire family.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Drogo said:

Russ and Juan... I've seen dead people come closer to punching each other.  Hush with your Bingo Night dramatics. 

And Paola, if you stare at either of them long enough they will surely forget they hate each other. 

The only thing that would have made that scene work for me is if it had ended with Juan kissing Russ.

Either that or they 'danced it out' (like Mark Wahlberg in Daddy's Home).

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Kangatush said:

It's also seeming like the new episode, or half of it, is on demand early.

Little things seem to be wrong with the broadcasting of this series all the time.  Sometimes we have to watch almost an entire show we've already seen...to see anything new.  I'll give it one more chance, but really...I'm over it.

17 hours ago, Lucky Santangelo said:

I want to know why Pedro’s mom told him that he owed her.

It's his "cullllllll-chure."   Mama Pedro trained him well.

• Love 1
On 6/15/2018 at 2:09 PM, zenme said:

The 2 of them seem to be ignorant of one another's culture and expectations. 

Well, at least Family Pedro knows (without a doubt) that every American is rich-rich-rich (rico-rico-rico)--and expects Family Chantel to support Rey Pedro royally while he sends every penny he earns to "the Dominican."

7 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The only thing that would have made that scene work for me is if it had ended with Juan kissing Russ.

Definitely. I'm shipping Russ and Juan.

• Love 7
On 6/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, Shieldmaiden said:

Mothra, you beat me to it... Here in Seattle we have a sports channel called Root Sports - they ask viewers to send in selfies tagged “where I root”...our Aussie friends got a big laugh out of that!

Ok, never been to Australia..Mr. Tostandon will not fly that long...what does "root for" mean?

How stupid is Nicole? It is so obvious Hassan or whatever his name is wants nothing to do to do with her except accept her money.  That dress! How can Nicole's mom sit there & agree that dress looks good on her? Why would they not say "Let's find a dress that better fits your body type". Hassan said he was 40% attracted to her before...this dress is not going to make that number increase, possibly lower it. If I were her parent, I would tell her 'you want to do this, that's your business but I will not be involved.'.

Ugggg, that "friend" of Pao's!  I did not realize till this week they theirs is a different situation, he was working in Columbia when they met, looked like they dated for quite awhile. Has Russ really never seen a motorcycle group before? They were not a gang, like The Dirty Dozen, they were group of people who rode bikes! 

Luis needs to go back home to his nightclubs and beaches. Being Molly's maid is not a lifestyle he is interested in.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

Ok, never been to Australia..Mr. Tostandon will not fly that long...what does "root for" mean?

How stupid is Nicole? It is so obvious Hassan or whatever his name is wants nothing to do to do with her except accept her money.  That dress! How can Nicole's mom sit there & agree that dress looks good on her? Why would they not say "Let's find a dress that better fits your body type". Hassan said he was 40% attracted to her before...this dress is not going to make that number increase, possibly lower it. If I were her parent, I would tell her 'you want to do this, that's your business but I will not be involved.'.

Ugggg, that "friend" of Pao's!  I did not realize till this week they theirs is a different situation, he was working in Columbia when they met, looked like they dated for quite awhile. Has Russ really never seen a motorcycle group before? They were not a gang, like The Dirty Dozen, they were group of people who rode bikes! 

Luis needs to go back home to his nightclubs and beaches. Being Molly's maid is not a lifestyle he is interested in.  

It’s Australian slang for:

Root: sexual intercourse. This one can get really get foreigners in trouble. There are numerous stories about Americans coming to Australia telling people how they love to "root for their team." If you come to Australia, you would want to use the word "barrack" instead.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/61847/25-awesome-australian-slang-terms

• Love 1
On 6/12/2018 at 7:55 PM, iwasish said:

I don’t see her holding May over their heads, she’s never said a word even close to “you’ll never see your grandkid again”. Nicole must dump May on them every chance she gets, who watches her while she’s serving lattes? I think they’re more scared that she WILL take off and leave them stuck with May. 

Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see the grandparents giving May much more than a perfunctory hug and kiss and pat on the head, the rest of the time she’s lolling on the floor playing with lint or hanging upside down on the chair in a restaurant. It’s all about Nicole. 

We did see this behavior when Robalee refused to sponsor Azan. Then, and only then did Nicole bring up this new idea of the going back to Morocco and bringing Mae. Dim as she was, she obviously knew it would be a dagger in her mom's heart, metaphorically speaking, and as Robalee froze in terror, teary eyed with thought of it, Nicole drew up large and smug, barely able to contain her glee at having hurt her mother for refusing to fork over enough money to take care of Azan's sorry non-working ass for ten years. So, yes, she does threaten to take Mae away, and Robalee does not want to see Mae go anywhere. I'm guessing it's not the first time she's pulled this trick.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

We did see this behavior when Robalee refused to sponsor Azan. Then, and only then did Nicole bring up this new idea of the going back to Morocco and bringing Mae. Dim as she was, she obviously knew it would be a dagger in her mom's heart, metaphorically speaking, and as Robalee froze in terror, teary eyed with thought of it, Nicole drew up large and smug, barely able to contain her glee at having hurt her mother for refusing to fork over enough money to take care of Azan's sorry non-working ass for ten years. So, yes, she does threaten to take Mae away, and Robalee does not want to see Mae go anywhere. I'm guessing it's not the first time she's pulled this trick.

But she stuck to her guns and did not sponsor Azan, I understand that Nicole’s father did agree, much to Robalee’s annoyance. 

If all the parents and step parents got together and put up a unified front it would limit Nicole’s options. Nicole is stubborn, pigheaded and self absorbed, but without any parental support I don’t think she would risk getting stranded in Morocco with Mae if Azan bailed on her. 

I don’t think Azan wants to come to the US,. He just wants money. IMO he will not marry her. She might spend a year there chasing him but when her money runs out and still no wedding..... she has no choice but to return home.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

But she stuck to her guns and did not sponsor Azan, I understand that Nicole’s father did agree, much to Robalee’s annoyance. 

If all the parents and step parents got together and put up a unified front it would limit Nicole’s options. Nicole is stubborn, pigheaded and self absorbed, but without any parental support I don’t think she would risk getting stranded in Morocco with Mae if Azan bailed on her. 

I don’t think Azan wants to come to the US,. He just wants money. IMO he will not marry her. She might spend a year there chasing him but when her money runs out and still no wedding..... she has no choice but to return home.

She didn't say, "You'll never see her again." But she did seem to be saying, "You won't do what I want? I'll make you suffer for a month." A month away from a beloved child you are used to seeing every day is a long time, especially when you are worried about them.

It would be interesting to know how much her decision to bring May affected her father's caving which was indeed annoying.

I agree that Nicole would come back from Morocco within a year with her tail between her legs.

That being said, I was also speaking to the bigger picture. I could see Nicole threatening to take Mae and run off with some sleazy guy she barely knew who lived three states over. Or at least, I'm guessing that might be a more realistic fear for them? I'm trying to figure out why her family caves to Nicole so much. Why is it that they give her so much power over them? Just to act like a ginormous brat without getting kicked out of their homes? It must be fear of losing Mae? Not sure.

• Love 1

Russ and Pao's best friend Juan go head to head; Jorge keeps a secret from Anfisa; Pedro drops a bomb on Chantel; Annie's tired of David's empty promises; Luis becomes more distant and locks himself in a room, but Molly breaks in.

44 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

She didn't say, "You'll never see her again." But she did seem to be saying, "You won't do what I want? I'll make you suffer for a month." A month away from a beloved child you are used to seeing every day is a long time, especially when you are worried about them.

It would be interesting to know how much her decision to bring May affected her father's caving which was indeed annoying.

I agree that Nicole would come back from Morocco within a year with her tail between her legs.

That being said, I was also speaking to the bigger picture. I could see Nicole threatening to take Mae and run off with some sleazy guy she barely knew who lived three states over. Or at least, I'm guessing that might be a more realistic fear for them? I'm trying to figure out why her family caves to Nicole so much. Why is it that they give her so much power over them? Just to act like a ginormous brat without getting kicked out of their homes? It must be fear of losing Mae? Not sure.

Unfortunately, if they continue to capitulate to Nicole in order to have contact with Mae, they’ll become hostages to Mae also. Because she will learn to manipulate them to get her way the same as Nicole did. As long as they buy her the latest cellphone or get her a car or let her go to the party or see the boy they don’t like, everything will be fine... refuse and she’ll threaten to run away with him... or disappear for a few days.? Hopefully she will pull the same shit on Nicole too and give her a taste of her own medicine.

They need to force Nicole’s hand, if it costs them time with Mae, sadly its necessary. Painful yes but necessary.

• Love 2
(edited)

She’s certifiable. 

Loved the producer with his ear to the door. How did they keep a straight face? You could not have paid me enough to keep from laughing. 

Stupid question., can Muslims have more than one wife? 

Just googled... yes they can. Up to 4 wives. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She’s certifiable. 

Loved the producer with his ear to the door. How did they keep a straight face? You could not have paid me enough to keep from laughing. 

Stupid question., can Muslims have more than one wife? 

At one point, did I hear Nicole tell Azan, "It's not funny!" This made me wonder if he was laughing on the other end of the phone. Maybe even not out and out laughing, but nervous laughter or suppressing a laugh.

After all, he knows she's hooked. It's just a matter of coming up with the right story.

I seem to remember him smirking during the first tell-all when Nicole was going off about something she didn't like about his behaviors.

David's family at the zoo, "I don't think there's any penguins in there." LOL

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, NinaH said:

But that’s not going to stop her from bulldozing her sorry ass to the other side of the world to get her way. I don’t feel sorry for her at all. Whatever misery she gets from any of this serves her right. She’s inflicted plenty of it on her family without any regards to their feelings. 

I felt sorry for her when she found out. Because I’ve been there. But, I guess she’s gonna have to learn the hard way

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Lucky Santangelo said:

I am so sick of Chantel’s family. I don’t understand Chantel, She needs to tell them to stfu.

Oh wow, the penguin is visiting the zoo.

Penguin even asked about the penguins. He wanted to see his friends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Nicole's pastor visit was basically useless, though she did wash her hair. Pastor Nicole did say in the th that things probably won't work out.

During the illicit Azan recording we actually heard him say he wants to marry her!

How long was the everlasting Family Chantel cabin visit? 

I really can't stand Pao, her drama & her nasty ?synthetic hair. Their storyline is going to be everlasting too.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Nicole's pastor visit was basically useless, though she did wash her hair. Pastor Nicole did say in the th that things probably won't work out.

During the illicit Azan recording we actually heard him say he wants to marry her!

How long was the everlasting Family Chantel cabin visit? 

I really can't stand Pao, her drama & her nasty ?synthetic hair. Their storyline is going to be everlasting too.

4 days.  Pao sucks

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

So your telling me that the young bartender from the Dominican Republic changed when he got to Georgia?

Soon as he found out he was supposed to cook, wash, iron, sweep and maintain the house. The Dominican Hazel. And play step daddy on top of it

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

The Titans of Industry,that are Family Chantel, will be launching an international investigation. They will be meeting with Interpol as soon as they are done shopping at Walmart. 

Well, he is harvesting the American dollar. And part of a marriage ring. 

• Love 19

Jessica from central casting is not fooling me. Good job reading those cue cards, though.

Also, how has Azan not jumped off this ship yet? I am so confused about why he's let this go on so long.

• Love 13
(edited)

“My good friend Jessica” is back,

first the Azan calls were just voice mails he left for someone. Now they’re conversations with other women?

The salelady got a name Shantel Griffith!! Probably a paycheck too.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, rideashire said:

Jessica from central casting is not fooling me. Good job reading those cue cards, though.

Also, how has Azan not jumped off this ship yet? I am so confused about why he's let this go on so long.

Money. Azan is sticking around for the money.  

• Love 4
On 6/11/2018 at 10:06 AM, OrchidThief said:

I'm wondering if Ashley herself puts her kids first...it seems like she's putting Humpty Dumpster first.

I know I’m a week late (catching up on my snark here,) but...seriously... I am DANGEROUSLY close to pissing my pants with tears streaming down my cheeks while laughing at “Humpty Dumpster.” 

Holy shit. I’m using that forever and ever.

• Love 4
(edited)
Just now, RichiesOlderBro said:

Money. Azan is sticking around for the money.  

Nicole is broke, but if you mean money from the show, then yes, that does make sense. I wonder how much they get per episode.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, rideashire said:

She’s bringing her life savings...  he’s going to drain that piggy bank dry.

• Love 8