Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kangatush said:

Way back before she went to Morocco the first time there was a family dinner which had her brother, Thomas.  He's like 16, and the smartest of all of them.

Luis doesn't have his green card yet and can't legally work.  Molly had the right thinking about how the guy stuck at home can save them some money by watching Kensley part time, but the wrong guy for the job in Luis.

Thanks. I forgot about the brother. Maybe he is at college now. I know Nicole had 2-3 sisters. I wonder why Robalee refers to Nicole as her baby? maybe she calls all her kids her baby? She sure "babies" Nicole. 

I don't think Molly was worried about free child care. On her old reality show about her bra shop, her kids were at the shop sometimes. It seemed like a very good situation, she and her business partner had kids and could cover for each other, plus Molly's brother lived with her. 

I think Molly was turning 40 and wanted the dream she never had of having a husband and family unit. I'm divorced and remarried so I'm not trying to judge but when you have 2 kids with 2 different men and marry another man, it is never gone to be the perfect Brady Bunch life. Even if Luis wanted to be a dad, there are still 2 other dads and visitation and holiday rotations so I don't think Molly was ever going to get what she is looking for. 

• Love 6
On 6/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would not be surprised if the dress was comped from the store for free advertising ( I can't remember if they showed the stores name as they walked in ) or TLC paid for it with clear instructions that Nicole had to find a dress from the bargain rack under 800.00 and this was the best she could find ( if this was the best, I dont want to see the worst )  Maybe she had to go sleeveless as nothing was big enough to cover the beluga fins she is sporting ?  

You're probably on the right track - as I'm sure strapless has less altering to do, unless she had simple straps maybe. 

Now I know a lot of people are saying strapless looks horrible on bigger girls... but as a bigger girl... I feel like I would look godawful in any kind of straps because they would accentuate my shoulders which I think look terrible.  I'm also not gifted in the boob department so I could probably get away with strapless but sleeves on a wedding dress can look just as awful on us. So we're kinda screwed either way. What Nicole needed was a higher neckline. 

On 6/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, CofCinci said:

Is Juan really Pao’s gay BFF? Like really? There is just so much loyalty between the two. He emasculates Russ at every ooppirtunity. 

I'm starting to question if he's actually gay. There is no reason for him to act like such an asshole if he has no interested in being in a romantic relationship with Pao.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:18 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right - considering this was him after he lost all the weight - btw.. did he have gastric surgery ?

image.png.ef89579ad6fe0d08ac9f0387123b67c2.png

He actually looks pretty good in this photo even though you know all that loose skin is tucked away somewhere.  But currently I think he has the WEIRDEST shaped body.  I wonder if it was that oddly shaped before he lost the way. 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:42 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Maybe you're right and I'm seeing something more sinister in what is being said (or not said).  And truly, if Azan is devout in anyway to Islam, he's going to want to raise his children in his faith. 

They did actually talk about this in one season, can't remember which one but he definitely said he expected his children to be raised in his faith and of course Nicole disagreed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Maybe you're right and I'm seeing something more sinister in what is being said (or not said).  And truly, if Azan is devout in anyway to Islam, he's going to want to raise his children in his faith. 

Not the expert here, far from it, but a Muslim man is HIGHLY expected to raise his kids in the Muslim faith.  

• Love 6
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Apparently, there's not enough time to special order a dress in the correct size, but they can add the CorSET top on site. I would  imagine that means letting it out as much as possible, changing the back zipper to a lace up, industrial strength boning and hopefully adding more fabric coverage to the bra cups (but that's just a guess.) Where's VERA when you need her

When referring to Baby Beluga, please do not use the phrase "industrial strength boning". It conjures up truly horrific images.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Not the expert here, far from it, but a Muslim man is HIGHLY expected to raise his kids in the Muslim faith.  

And Azan will insist on it, even if it’s just to put additional roadblocks in the way of the wedding.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

You're probably on the right track - as I'm sure strapless has less altering to do, unless she had simple straps maybe. 

Now I know a lot of people are saying strapless looks horrible on bigger girls... but as a bigger girl... I feel like I would look godawful in any kind of straps because they would accentuate my shoulders which I think look terrible.  I'm also not gifted in the boob department so I could probably get away with strapless but sleeves on a wedding dress can look just as awful on us. So we're kinda screwed either way. What Nicole needed was a higher neckline. 

Somewhere up thread is a pic of Danielle in her dress.  She had spaghetti straps.  Even that would help stop the urge to constantly be tugging at the dress.  What Nicole needs is to understand that her wedding just ain't gonna happen.  :)

• Love 4
21 hours ago, iwasish said:

Even if her father did agree to sponsor Azan ( to be clear I am new to this show, I only caught random episodes and scenes, so there are many things I haven’t witnessed), in part to keep May and Nicole here, she did take May to  meet Azan there. She’s saying now that she intends to take May and wait for the K-3, which could take a long time, especially if Azan drags his heels. If Azan refuses to marry her or the K-3 is denied, how long can she stay?

I think my point is that from what I see they are equally concerned about Nicole and May.

Cutting off financial aid to Nicole, taking away the free apartment, not being available to babysit ( forcing her to spend money on daycare) and in general just telling her flat out that they will not be a party to this idiotic fantasy will force her to face reality on her own or have reality kick her in her ample ass when she finds herself and her daughter abandoned in Morocco. Once her visa expires, all she can do is come home with her tail between her legs (same way  she returned from Texas , hopefully this time without a bellyful)

It does seem at this point that either she left May here or sent her home while she remained in Morocco, or possibly both she and May are home. TLC lives to fuck with us so who knows.

I just don’t see Nicole’s actions as blackmailing them with May. Yeah she gives them that smug self satisfied “what about that!! smirk... but they could easily wipe it off by let’s say RobbaLee saying “No  Nicole I won’t be paying for your wedding dress” and walking out the store and let  Baby Huey have her tantrum. 

Or maybe smacking the smugness off Nicoles face ?

(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, iwasish said:

And I’m going to be watching every second of it.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9409a17356cb24654e650140372ee941.png

So I guess nobody has put Nicole and Danielle side by side and organized a vote on who wore it better? Of course that's a really depraved idea. I don't know who would come up with a thing like that.  And of course here's a third contestant who could be in the running pictured with her Tunisian husband. They wouldn't let him into her country.

who wore it better contestant.jpg

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2

White dresses just are not flattering to every complexion. Maybe a champagne or rose color would have looked better...(?) Perhaps hair pulled back in a classic chignon. I know! No one was ther to "jack" her up, SYTTD style!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Kickboxer said:

You nailed it. If Molly was really into Luis she would continue with the child care she must have had beforehand, and encourage him to get a job that allows him to be out and around other people. There must be an Applebees or even a Starbucks nearby where Luis can use his serving experience and just have fun joking around with the customers. Then you have a happy Luis who is also earning $$. Win/win. However, Molly insists on forcing a stay-at-home dad role on Luis, which is her fantasy of how life should be. In this way, she is just as delusional as Nicole.

Not to be completely negative, I enjoy Molly's loud glam drag style. It brings some life to the show- imagine how grim their segments would be if they both looked average. Also, Luis frolicking in the snow in that big fur coat was awesomeness.

I don’t think Luis can work until he gets a green card. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

And Azan will insist on it, even if it’s just to put additional roadblocks in the way of the wedding.

I want to make clear I am NOT the expert, I am the poster who worked in the 99% Muslim/Somali school and had LOTS of appropriate conversations with my awesome co-workers about their religion.  (I say appropriate as well.....workplace and religion......hello?  HR?) 

14 hours ago, Kangatush said:

What Nicole needs is to understand that her wedding just ain't gonna happen.  :)

Oh it is gonna happen!!  To Nicole, at least.

13 hours ago, zenme said:

White dresses just are not flattering to every complexion. Maybe a champagne or rose color would have looked better...(?) Perhaps hair pulled back in a classic chignon. I know! No one was ther to "jack" her up, SYTTD style!

No they are not.  A candlelight white or ivory is much more flattering.  I wore the you know what out of my white dress BUT it looked good on my skin.  I was open to other colors however!!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, zenme said:

When I've had friends talk to me about opinions on dresses I have always suggested a color other than white, I love the off white/ivory and champagne. but nope... they were all like - nope, i need white white white!

On 6/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, zenme said:

There was the expectation that David was going to take care of her. Ugh. Think of that. David's broke, he looks like Penguin, AND Annie has to sleep with him?  Ay yay yay.

Bwahahaha.. i was wracking my brains feeling like David reminded me of something, and you nailed it!

The Penguin!  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BabyDaddy said:

Bwahahaha.. i was wracking my brains feeling like David reminded me of something, and you nailed it!

The Penguin!  

Cannot take credit for this, BabyDaddy! Nikki's brother was the one who first gifted David with this moniker! And yes! He nailed it!

• Love 4
On 6/12/2018 at 11:36 PM, LeeluDallas said:

3) ...and most importantly...

Dayyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! Chantel titties!! she must have had a second boob job..? in that blue dress they look lots bigger than last season.. 

I am a big fan of her puppies - she really likes showing them off, so my hats off to her. I think people are just spreading rumors that they are fake out of jealousy. My wife has the same body type (big boobs, thin body frame) and I remember twenty years ago, back when we were in college together and dating, some classmate girl asked me about her and told me 'her boobs had to be fake' with such conviction, and I just smiled and said, 'no they are not', and she replied, 'yes they have to be, it's impossible', and I replied 'believe me I know they are real'.  It's a rare body type, but not impossible.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

I am a big fan of her puppies - she really likes showing them off, so my hats off to her. I think people are just spreading rumors that they are fake out of jealousy. My wife has the same body type (big boobs, thin body frame) and I remember twenty years ago, back when we were in college together and dating, some classmate girl asked me about her and told me 'her boobs had to be fake' with such conviction, and I just smiled and said, 'no they are not', and she replied, 'yes they have to be, it's impossible', and I replied 'believe me I know they are real'.  It's a rare body type, but not impossible.

So you did the whole Seinfeld, "They're real, and they're spectacular!"

I also believe Chantel's "dirty pillows" are real as well. She didn't require an extra set of boobs because as I recall, they were already pretty large. I vote real!

• Love 5
On 6/13/2018 at 1:35 AM, iwasish said:

I don’t think that Annie is all that bothered by her nightly marital duties. She’s given us a demonstration of her vocalizations during the act and seems more amused than grossed out by the sounds of David’s sweaty ass keeping time. 

I was really shocked how she just blurted that out. oh man.. that was hilarious. I even felt embarrassed for David... but oh man, god bless Annie for putting up with that man.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BabyDaddy said:

I think people were reacting to a noticeable inflation from when she was first on and now.  I honestly haven't noticed, but I tend to be a little boob blind.  I just don't care about them.  I have however noticed her cow eyes and lock jaw.  :)

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, sasha206 said:

The irony to me, is neither one of them qualifies as a hot cabana boy.  Luis is downright ugly.  Pedro, in my opinion, is too.

I agree about Luis he just looks sleazy and dirty. However I did think Pedro was cute the first season but I think it was more to do with his personality. He seemed so sweet back then.  He got me when he made a comment to Chantel that “your family Chantel no trust Pedro because of Chantel..” or something like that since she was the one who was really lying about the student visa.

Edited by Marilee
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I think people were reacting to a noticeable inflation from when she was first on and now.  I honestly haven't noticed, but I tend to be a little boob blind.  I just don't care about them.  I have however noticed her cow eyes and lock jaw.  :)

It's a combo of the bras she wears, and the clothing she wears that make them look bigger.  They look different depending on her clothing.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

It's a combo of the bras she wears, and the clothing she wears that make them look bigger.  They look different depending on her clothing.

I agree that it’s her undergarments and style of clothing rather than a boob job on already impressive breasts. Maybe she had a consultation at Molly’s lingerie store and bought a bra that would really show off “the girls” in that blue dress. 

• Love 2
On 6/10/2018 at 9:18 PM, Miss Chevious said:

Nicole had cleavage front and back in that dress. Strapless is not a good look for her.

I thought she looked so much better in the first dress with the straps/sleeves. With good alterations I think it would look beautiful on her. Nicole could be a very pretty girl with a major attitude adjustment. And a shower. I would have never gone wedding dress shopping looking like my hair was filthy. I primped up almost like it was my real wedding day!

Russ and Juan’s fight  looked so set up, either by Pao or the producers. Most likely both, she is such an attention whore. She’s totally the kind of woman who gets off on men fighting for her attention and making poor Russ jealous. Any sympathy I had for her last week I got over after that scene. 

So, other than Nicole at the dress shop and Paola’s drama this episode was boring to me. Though I’m still technically a newlywed myself and my sweet guy finally had a full weekend off and I was kinda preoccupied so I might have missed something *wink*

• Love 5
21 hours ago, gunderda said:

When I've had friends talk to me about opinions on dresses I have always suggested a color other than white, I love the off white/ivory and champagne. but nope... they were all like - nope, i need white white white!

Just think if Nicole went for an empire waistline dress with sleeves in a softer ivory or softer white.  Coupled with a new personality she could look quite lovely!

Per BoobsChantel - I, too, was "blessed" with the thin body big bust body although BoobsChanel is thinner than I was in my twenties.  I, too, fielded questions about my "fake" boobs and I did not dress to show them off.  Yes they are real and no you can't touch them!

Per Nicole's little brother - funny how he and Olivia and the other kids/teens are the sage wise ones on this show!

Per Robalee - You remind me of a mom who was a pushover on a SYTTD episode.  The bride to be was trying on dresses outside the budget and began to whine (yes whine) that Mommy needed to take out a new credit card to pay for it as that was the ONLY DRESS ON PLANET EARTH that would make her happy.  Her other, wiser daughter, looked at Mom and said, "Well, this is what you raised!  Deal with her."  Sounds like Robalee - you raised her, now deal with her.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Marilee said:

I thought she looked so much better in the first dress with the straps/sleeves. With good alterations I think it would look beautiful on her. Nicole could be a very pretty girl with a major attitude adjustment. And a shower. I would have never gone wedding dress shopping looking like my hair was filthy. I primped up almost like it was my real wedding day!

Russ and Juan’s fight  looked so set up, either by Pao or the producers. Most likely both, she is such an attention whore. She’s totally the kind of woman who gets off on men fighting for her attention and making poor Russ jealous. Any sympathy I had for her last week I got over after that scene. 

So, other than Nicole at the dress shop and Paola’s drama this episode was boring to me. Though I’m still technically a newlywed myself and my sweet guy finally had a full weekend off and I was kinda preoccupied so I might have missed something *wink*

I agree on Pao. I also got the feeling at her family reunion that her siblings seemed unimpressed with her miscarriage story, as well as her excuses for not calling them. My guess is that Pao tended to be the sibling who brought the drama, caused the most commotion in the family, and therefore caused mom and dad to both spend a great deal of time in heartache over her antics, and spending time on Pao, digging her out of muck. I bet while they missed her, they probably thought, "Oh shit, Pao's back." 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, zenme said:

I agree on Pao. I also got the feeling at her family reunion that her siblings seemed unimpressed with her miscarriage story, as well as her excuses for not calling them. My guess is that Pao tended to be the sibling who brought the drama, caused the most commotion in the family, and therefore caused mom and dad to both spend a great deal of time in heartache over her antics, and spending time on Pao, digging her out of muck. I bet while they missed her, they probably thought, "Oh shit, Pao's back." 

I believe your spot on about that. Her level of attention seeking doesn’t happen overnight. I never bought into her nervousness over getting naked and her “but it’s to help my cuhreer” was such bs. She wanted a career in nude/lingerie modeling from the start. I have no problem with or judgement for any woman who wants to go into that but be honest about it from the start. Don’t play your man for a fool and make him look like he has the problem for being upset. But that’s Pao, she loves the drama. I wish her family would take this opportunity to take Russ aside and have a come to Jesus meeting with him. The more I think about it, would she have really been so quick to rush to her grandmother’s bedside if there wasn’t a camera crew to film her as the dutiful, grieving grand-daughter? I mean, considering the lady had been very sick and she didn’t seem to give a crap up until then?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I cringe whenever they use that term.  Tacky - Tacky - Tacky

This is the second time my username is in a quote that I didn't post -   It's very weird to see your name with something you would never type lol 

On 6/13/2018 at 9:12 PM, zenme said:

So SINCERELY sorry, Gundera.  It was my mistake...out of laziness; I know better.  I saw the line in your quote but was reading too quickly to realize it came from another poster: Zenme (above)

(edited)
20 hours ago, zenme said:

So you did the whole Seinfeld, "They're real, and they're spectacular!"

I also believe Chantel's "dirty pillows" are real as well. She didn't require an extra set of boobs because as I recall, they were already pretty large. I vote real!

Yes! It was a total Seinfeld moment!!  LOL.  Twenty years later and twins and they are still spectacular :) . 

Funny, I am also a naturalized US citizen and married a foreigner, and I went through the whole k1 visa experience, so I can relate to the trust issues between families. But the situation with Family Chantel and Family Pedro is just over the top.

Something I really don't like is how Pedro's mother and sister demand things from him. How they get upset when he doesn't deliver. I understand that it is typical for countries like DR to charge lots of import tariffs on electronics that often double or even quadruple the costs of the items, so it is not unusual to ask to bring something. It feels really wrong to treat a family member like that. I'm happy I don't have family like that. Something is really off with Pedro's mother and sister's attitude. When Chantel gave the laptop to Pedro's mother back in the DR, Pedro's mother seemed a bit ungrateful, like "yeah bitch, that's right, you give me stuff like you are supposed to do,  thanks".

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 6
(edited)

I hate that. My motherinlaw tried to tell me that in their family the kids give money to parents to help them out. I told her, "well in our family, we don't."

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, zenme said:

I hate that. My motherinlaw tried to tell me that in their family the kids give money to parents to help them out. I told her, "well in our family, we don't."

No kidding! It shouldn't be expected. I pay for lots of extras and treats for my Mom but she NEVER has had any expectation that she is entitled to it or that I am beholden to do that. Frankly Chantal should have discussed lots and lots of things with Pedro before she married him. What is the cache about loving a foreigner that allows this level of nonsense? 

• Love 3

I honestly don't think Chantel knew she would be expected to help to fund the family's lifestyle, and Pedro probably just assumed it would be ok with Chantel if this was part of his culture. The 2 of them seem to be ignorant of one another's culture and expectations. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

This season they appear to air a portion of next week's episode as a “first look”. Kind of a teaser 

So Nicole just happens to get that call while filming? LOL LOL LOL The producers totally set that up. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, iwasish said:

So Nicole just happens to get that call while filming? LOL LOL LOL The producers totally set that up. 

She clearly wasn't in on it. Notice how the producers don't get in her face - I don't think that they want to get slammed.  It was one of her friends who called so maybe it was an organic moment 

• Love 3

What friends? Some random she met among the folks that follow her twitter? Or someone the producers sent in to befriend her?

Perhaps she told them when she would be filming and they decided to drop it on her then? Too coincidental for me.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

What friends? Some random she met among the folks that follow her twitter? Or someone the producers sent in to befriend her?

Perhaps she told them when she would be filming and they decided to drop it on her then? Too coincidental for me.

Normally that would be an asshole move but anything that stops this charade is good for Nicole and good for Mae. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BabyDaddy said:

Yes! It was a total Seinfeld moment!!  LOL.  Twenty years later and twins and they are still spectacular :) . 

Funny, I am also a naturalized US citizen and married a foreigner, and I went through the whole k1 visa experience, so I can relate to the trust issues between families. But the situation with Family Chantel and Family Pedro is just over the top.

Something I really don't like is how Pedro's mother and sister demand things from him. How they get upset when he doesn't deliver. I understand that it is typical for countries like DR to charge lots of import tariffs on electronics that often double or even quadruple the costs of the items, so it is not unusual to ask to bring something. It feels really wrong to treat a family member like that. I'm happy I don't have family like that. Something is really off with Pedro's mother and sister's attitude. When Chantel gave the laptop to Pedro's mother back in the DR, Pedro's mother seemed a bit ungrateful, like "yeah bitch, that's right, you give me stuff like you are supposed to do,  thanks".

I want to know why Pedro’s mom told him that he owed her.

• Love 2

Re-watching the extended episode and I'm cracking up (again) at Chantel's contribution to the dinner at the cabin. She brags about preparing some "Dominican food" for Pedro's culture and the camera pans to a bowl of white rice next to a bowl of beans, obviously from a can. Then Miss Karen says in her robotic monotone, "I...can't...wait...to...try...it." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I absolutely loathe The Family Chantal. They act like they care about her, but really they just like being rude and hurtful. They smirk every time they get Pedro to leave a room. Low class people.

And The Mother Chantal needs to knock off the "harvesting the American dollar" line. She talks like dollars are farm crops.

Ashley is possibly the worst single family member. She loves twisting the knife ('she could leave you for anyone') and trotting out her anxiety whenever someone argues with her. she needs to grow up. She acts like a bratty five-year-old whose daddy just remarried, not a grown ass woman with kids of her own.

Edited by NoSpam
  • Love 3
On 6/10/2018 at 9:42 PM, Drogo said:

Russ and Pao's best friend Juan go head to head; Jorge keeps a secret from Anfisa; Pedro drops a bomb on Chantel; Annie's tired of David's empty promises; Luis becomes more distant and locks himself in a room, but Molly breaks in.

What about Nicole?  This is the episode she finally finds out some truth about her "world"

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Anfisawillbemine said:

Um, just a random question: did episode 5 already air? Because as I type this, I’m watching what I believe is episode 5. I need info ASAP, lol. 

It's also seeming like the new episode, or half of it, is on demand early.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NoSpam said:

Ashley is possibly the worst single family member. She loves twisting the knife ('she could leave you for anyone') and trotting out her anxiety whenever someone argues with her. she needs to grow up. She acts like a bratty five-year-old whose daddy just remarried, not a grown ass woman with kids of her own.

David is no doubt a miserable failure as father; nonetheless, at some point an adult has to accept that and move on.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 12:10 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes yes and more yes.  I wish Robbalee would go to a Family Law attorney and pay him $50 just to draft a letter threatening a custody issue.  Per the father of Mae having a say:  My hunch is he is not listed on the birth certificate, thereby giving Baby Beluga full legal and physical custody.  (I am really embarrassed that I have spent any time thinking about this........)

Nicole is the worst:  Needy, determined and oblivious to everything.  EVERYTHING!!  Azan not being into her, her weight, the horrid dress, her daughter being borderline neglected, the reality of life.  A flight to Morocco is around $1800 round trip - where the hell are they getting the money?

Something tells me that the birth father would sign anything and support them in any way possible to avoid paying a dime of child support so they need to use him to gain complete control over Mae so Baby Beluga can no longer use her as a pawn. Then she can go off and live as foolishly as she pleases without her family to pick up the pieces, provide her with shelter, etc. I'm just brainstorming here.

They can give her access to Mae provided she acts right and quits throwing huge baby tantrums. Heck, Mae seems to be more mature than she is at this point! 

The moment Nicole snapped at her mother, she should have quietly said, "Fine, pay for your own dress." Actually, she never should have agreed to pay for it in the first place!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3