Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thought Wafa and Azan had the same mouth and smile.  She just doesn’t look smarmy, sleazyand shifty like he does.  

I agree. I don't think Wafa was in on it. She seemed way too upset over both cancellations. I think she thought they were going to marry off her brother and dispel those pesky rumors about him being gay once and for all.

We got the inflated wedding costs translated from Azan, not Wafa. I believe she lost money for the first wedding, but it was probably only a few hundred dollars. (Still, that's a small fortune for them!) I believe they view marriage more pragmatically and they hoped Nicole would calm down and act more like a lady and Azan would have a better way of life for himself and his kids in the U.S.  Azan had that figure of $6000 that he kept throwing out there because he wanted to get his hot little hands on that money. 6K was all she had so 6K was what it cost. 

I really wonder what goes through his mind when he looks at her and May every day. He's probably just counting down the days until he doesn't have to deal with the embarrassment. 

Seriously, though the way he was smiling and being evasive with the producers, his eyes said, F--k You.

14 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That was the perfect time for Chantel to get her mother in line. Pedro once again is the better man and apologizes for his fault in the fight and Momma Hoodrat cackles about snatching his sister's weave.  Chantel could have said something as simple as "Knock it off Mom"  but no, she sat there with that same clenched jaw dumb ass wide eyed look on her face.  She has never fully had Pedro's back and she never will. 

Chantel miss Pedro when he leaves.  She'll marry the son of the local funeral parlor that her parents originally wanted her to marry.  On Wednesday nights when they have their "special time", Chantel will close her eyes and think of her Pedro, remembering the good times and lovin' she was getting before her parents doomed her. 

Pedro will get over Chantel, but Chantel will be a long time getting over Pedro if ever. 

Pedro's like the Eagles song... Cause I'm already gone...

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 4
On 7/29/2018 at 9:43 PM, AussieBabe said:

Nicole is insufferable. "Mummm---uuhhh. You don't have to get it." Sweetie, if I blew $2k-4k on flights, hotels, and took off from work, you're going to give me a valid reason.

And opening a make-up shop/salon? You're stupid as all hell for giving your savings to this pipe dream of his family. His family is in on taking you for a ride. She put in $6k and he put in $500. Bitchhh.

Given the figures that he's been throwing out, my guess is that Azan does a better job with his hair than he does with math ~ let alone converting dirhams to dollars. He probably put in way less than $500. I'd say closer to $50.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

This is one of many reasons why Shawn is a horrible host.  she should have grilled family chantel over the petty crap they pull.  Stupid ole mami chantel thinking no one watches the show "gasp!  I thought our blended family was going great!  I'm shocked anyone would think otherwise or why it would be going this way!".  Um, yeah Karen.

Everybody wants the host to "grill" someone.  Truth is, if that actually happened, said host would be out of a job.  What does grilling someone even accomplish anyway?  Makes some member of the audience feel better? 

I liked what the produces did to Azan, they flat out asked him if he wants to marry Nicole at all.  And he said he didn't know.  They didn't need to grill him, they just asked him a simple question.  

Shawn could have asked Chantel's parents if they want Pedro for a son in law.  Simple question.   

Why do people think Azan is gay?  I'm getting tired of folks insisting that every black/brown/white man on reality TV must be gay.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree. I don't think Wafa was in on it. She seemed way too upset over both cancellations. I think she thought they were going to marry off her brother and dispel those pesky rumors about him being gay once and for all.

When asked about how much she was out for the non-wedding though, didn't Wafa say $1,000,000 dirhams? That's about $105,000 USD. Azan quickly converted that figure to Nicole's nest egg. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That was the perfect time for Chantel to get her mother in line. Pedro once again is the better man and apologizes for his fault in the fight and Momma Hoodrat cackles about snatching his sister's weave.  Chantel could have said something as simple as "Knock it off Mom"  but no, she sat there with that same clenched jaw dumb ass wide eyed look on her face.  She has never fully had Pedro's back and she never will. 

Chantel miss Pedro when he leaves.  She'll marry the son of the local funeral parlor that her parents originally wanted her to marry.  On Wednesday nights when they have their "special time", Chantel will close her eyes and think of her Pedro, remembering the good times and lovin' she was getting before her parents doomed her. 

Oh hell yeah. She'll be missing that fine Pedro sexytime. And new hubby, when they go out, will have no truck with her skin tight, no front and no back dresses from Forever 21. She'll be in cashmere twin sets and pearls, with a nice sensible pencil skirt, for when she helps out at the family business, or a cocktail dress from Nordstrom or Saks, for the Funeral Directors' Association annual dance. Good bye, youth. Good bye fun. Good bye, sexy sexy time with a hot hubby.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

I disagree (about the crushing part).  It's for Chantel and Pedro to decide if they are about true love and whether or not to continue their marriage.  Families should not be crushing their child's marriage.  The only possible exception I could see is if there was abuse involved, but even then I think it would be better to offer the person support and let them make their own decision (and more effective too).

Chantel has already decided.  If she were serious about a life with Pedro, she would tell her family to leave him alone, the way Nicole told her family to leave Azan alone.  For all Chantel's theatrics, I don't think she loves Pedro as much as he loves her.  She will NEVER give up her family for him.  If she ever did, I'd be surprised.

Hey, maybe Chantel herself realizes the marriage was a mistake, that Pedro was a good fuck and nothing more, but she doesn't have the guts to tell him that.  

Oh hell yeah. She'll be missing that fine Pedro sexytime. And new hubby, when they go out, will have no truck with her skin tight, no front and no back dresses from Forever 21. She'll be in cashmere twin sets and pearls, with a nice sensible pencil skirt, for when she helps out at the family business, or a cocktail dress from Nordstrom or Saks, for the Funeral Directors' Association annual dance. Good bye, youth. Good bye fun. Good bye, sexy sexy time with a hot hubby.

Sexy times does not a relationship make.  What's wrong with cashmere twin sets and pearls with a nice sensible pencil skirt?  Everybody has to grow up sooner or later.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

She was practicing those Wednesday nights while lying fully dressed and made up in her hotel room discussing things with Pedro.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Chantel will miss Pedro when he leaves.  She'll marry the son of the local funeral parlor that her parents originally wanted her to marry.  On Wednesday nights when they have their "special time", Chantel will close her eyes and think of her Pedro, remembering the good times and good  lovin' she was getting before her parents doomed her. 

Or she'll think, "thank God I dodged a fucking bullet.  I could have ended up like Molly/Nicole/Danielle."

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

When asked about how much she was out for the non-wedding though, didn't Wafa say $1,000,000 dirhams? That's about $105,000 USD. Azan quickly converted that figure to Nicole's nest egg. 

Actually she said 6 million which would have been over $600,000. American.  Azan then covered and said $6,000.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She was practicing those Wednesday nights while lying fully dressed and made up in her hotel room discussing things with Pedro.

I thought she was lying there in the dress because she still had to go out in the hallway for the TH and didn't want to pull a Pao and do it in a Pao Comes to Breakfast outfit.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Or she'll think, "thank God I dodged a fucking bullet.  I could have ended up like Molly/Nicole/Danielle."

"I mean, hell, I'm trapped in a loveless marriage with a guy who bores me to tears, and good sex is just a distant memory, but my parents and brother approve, which is all that really matters".

I'm just sayin. One scenario is as likely as the other.

• Love 8
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

"I mean, hell, I'm trapped in a loveless marriage with a guy who bores me to tears, and good sex is just a distant memory, but my parents and brother approve, which is all that really matters".

I'm just sayin. One scenario is as likely as the other.

True, but as I keep saying, Chantel's not all in.  She doesn't love Pedro the way he loves her.  I can see that he loves her, but she...she does a lot of dramatics and a lot of crying, but in reality she hasn't done anything.  She hasn't defended Pedro to her family, in fact, she defends her family.  So that tells me that she's not into this marriage.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

True, but as I keep saying, Chantel's not all in.  She doesn't love Pedro the way he loves her.  I can see that he loves her, but she...she does a lot of dramatics and a lot of crying, but in reality she hasn't done anything.  She hasn't defended Pedro to her family, in fact, she defends her family.  So that tells me that she's not into this marriage.  

If that's the case she should divorce Pedro. Continuing to set him up for emotional abuse by her family makes her a shit person. Perhaps her plan is to terrorize him until he asks for the divorce. Who can say.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hey, maybe Chantel herself realizes the marriage was a mistake, that Pedro was a good fuck and nothing more, but she doesn't have the guts to tell him that.  

I think you are right on in this sentiment.  Vacation sex is great!!!  Vacation sex with someone new is really great!!!  Bringing that someone home, living daily life, paying bills, shipping REALLY BIG flat screens to the DR and having his sister stay with you.....not so great.

What's wrong with cashmere twin sets and pearls with a nice sensible pencil skirt? 

Nothing - I dressed like that for work in my 20's, back in the late 80's and 90's, and it still holds up today.  I was never a Bucket-o'-Boob kinda girl when it came to clothing.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2

Can someone telll me the timeline from when the reunion  aired and the episode with beluga and Hassan?

it seems that their episode was filmed before the reunion . However beluga should have been back in US.

Did she go back when they filmed the reunion?

Everybody wants the host to "grill" someone.  Truth is, if that actually happened, said host would be out of a job.  What does grilling someone even accomplish anyway?  Makes some member of the audience feel better? 

I liked what the produces did to Azan, they flat out asked him if he wants to marry Nicole at all.  And he said he didn't know.  They didn't need to grill him, they just asked him a simple question.  

Shawn could have asked Chantel's parents if they want Pedro for a son in law.  Simple question.   

Why do people think Azan is gay?  I'm getting tired of folks insisting that every black/brown/white man on reality TV must be gay.

I see your point, but they could have followed up by asking Azan why he asked Nicole to marry him in the first place if he wasn’t sure. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Can someone telll me the timeline from when the reunion  aired and the episode with beluga and Hassan?

it seems that their episode was filmed before the reunion . However beluga should have been back in US.

Did she go back when they filmed the reunion?

I think the reunion was filmed before (or during) the episode, and she came back after the episode.

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Actually she said 6 million which would have been over $600,000. American.  Azan then covered and said $6,000.

If she said that then it makes me very suspicious of a scam going on. I really don't think his family has that kind of money. If they did, Azan wouldn't be messing with Nicole to get the small amount of money she has to offer.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

If she said that then it makes me very suspicious of a scam going on. I really don't think his family has that kind of money. If they did, Azan wouldn't be messing with Nicole to get the small amount of money she has to offer.

Azan knew she had 6k squirreled away. He convinced Nicole to let his mom and sister plan the wedding. They pretended that they were making arrangements while Azan figured out how to break if off with Nicole. Nicole’s fuck up with the papers played right into his plan. They postpone the wedding with Azan telling Nicole that his family is furious and has spent 6k so far for the wedding, all lost....,and they are MAD. She gets the correct papers and it’s full speed to the wedding, this time using Nicole’s savings. But slowly Azan makes her see that this wedding is going to cost 6k, and if they spend it on the wedding they have nothing to live on while waiting for the spousal visa. She reluctantly agrees to csncel again. 

Somehow he then gets her to ageee to use the 6k for a salon. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Azan knew she had 6k squirreled away. He convinced Nicole to let his mom and sister plan the wedding. They pretended that they were making arrangements while Azan figured out how to break if off with Nicole. Nicole’s fuck up with the papers played right into his plan. They postpone the wedding with Azan telling Nicole that his family is furious and has spent 6k so far for the wedding, all lost....,and they are MAD. She gets the correct papers and it’s full speed to the wedding, this time using Nicole’s savings. But slowly Azan makes her see that this wedding is going to cost 6k, and if they spend it on the wedding they have nothing to live on while waiting for the spousal visa. She reluctantly agrees to csncel again. 

Somehow he then gets her to ageee to use the 6k for a salon. 

I'm still on the fence about whether or not the whole family was in on the scam or just Azan. I guess I'm just naive because I'm still shocked at how very cruel and hateful Azan really is. He's a truly despicable human being. But it's still a stretch for me to think that his whole family is that way, too.

It could be that they hoped to shake down Nicole's mom, to take advantage of the situation and kind of embarrass her into paying for her daughter's mistake?

They were very kind to Nicole although it's hard for me to picture them liking her. Realistically, their food budget probably doubled when she was there, buying her biscuits and fries. She slept all day. I'm sure Azan's mother and sister often wound up caring for Mae. She was rude and they couldn't help but see that Azan hated her. I'm sure there were many moments that we didn't see that were awkward A.F. Times when she yelled and screamed and demanded things. Or asked for hot dogs. smh

Anyway, maybe they decided Nicole was so contemptible that they didn't mind ripping her off. Or, maybe they would have ripped off anybody.

Or, maybe they weren't in on it. Maybe Azan's mom just raised a scumbag.

Amazing that Azan doesn't mind being revealed as a dirtbag on international television. He's shameless. It's a different kind of shameless than Baby Beluga's boob-spilling Muslim wedding dress, but it's shameless all the same.

Still, they are innocent until proven guilty, and we've never seen Azan's family behave any other way than as kind, gentle, polite people. So, perhaps they are shocked and embarrassed by Azan's behavior.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Chantel has already decided.  If she were serious about a life with Pedro, she would tell her family to leave him alone, the way Nicole told her family to leave Azan alone.  For all Chantel's theatrics, I don't think she loves Pedro as much as he loves her.  She will NEVER give up her family for him.  If she ever did, I'd be surprised.

Sexy times does not a relationship make.  What's wrong with cashmere twin sets and pearls with a nice sensible pencil skirt?  Everybody has to grow up sooner or later.

That still doesn't mean her family should act like a bunch of jerks.  If she's decided she doesn't want to be married, then she needs to grow up and make a decision.  It doesn't mean it's okay for her family to crush her marriage.  She'll never grow up if she lets them make the decision for her.

I think they started off in love, but both were immature and rushed into this marriage and they've been hit with some major issues that they aren't prepared to deal with.

• Love 6

I think if the host asked pertinent questions or "grilled" the people on the show she would not be out of a job.  She would actually be doing her job- to interview these people about things that happened on the show not just to make them feel great for being on tv or ask about things that have nothing to do with what happened on the show.  Shawn doesn't have to be rude to ask why people are acting a certain way or what is really going on with them.  She did need to ask family Chantel why they can't talk to Pedro without hinting at marriage rings, why would they shout immigration , or what do they wish their family could look like with Pedro in it; is there any hope they can ever like Pedro?, etc....   If family Chantel doesn't want to clarify actions or words on this show, then they shouldn't be on it, imo.  If David doesn't want to answer if he has a job or what he's doing about a job, then don't film entire segments of a show about that very topic, ya know?  I don't think viewers need to feel better, but questions do arise by watching these shows and it would be nice if the host asked questions dealing with what happened instead of tiptoeing around hard topics that they themselves have put out there.  If people want to act awful on a reality show; they need to be prepared to talk about what happened or why.   I don't think it's wrong or self-serving for viewers, or low to want certain questions asked or to want certain situations clarified.  If people don't want viewers interested in what they put out there; don't be on a reality show.  Without viewer interest, this show doesn't exist.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I understand why the fat shaming of Nicole of Nicole might make you uncomfortable, but I think the reason that Nicole is fat shamed so much is because she is selfish, manipulating, and a mother who seems to put her child last.  Any sympathy for her being a big girl is lost.   And while she's obese, she's obsessing over the six pack of her 90 Day scammer.  You don't see Nicole with someone whose body shape matches hers, do you?  She's made a big deal in previous seasons about this six pack of his.  It seems clear to me that the reason she's gone outside the country is so she can get her sexual fantasy man.  And that isn't someone who weighs what she does.  

I'm also not seeing where at least Azan is viewed more positively this season.  I think there was a time when he was being essentially molested by Nicole and shoved by him that he had some sympathy.  But his looks and his scamming of Nicole are routinely bashed here.    As for Azan's family, we really haven't seen evidence of them scamming Nicole; they've seemed warm and accepting of her and her daughter.  The scammer seems to be Azan only in my view.  Now, it's certainly possible they are all in on the scam, but so far they seemed to have been lovely to Nicole.

I agree with this 100% (along with Coach WristletJen’s post).

I think it’s not as much fat shaming, but it is a significant part of her whole package.

She has absolutely no impulse control. Whether it’s food, her selfishness, rude/dismissiveness to those who do love her, lack of self-awareness and harm she does to others (particularly her child). 

Her “love” for Azan is purely based on his physical attractiveness and need to prove to others that somebody like that wants her.

She’s as shallow as it gets - as stated above she refuses to take a hard look into the mirror. Relatedly - she can make herself more attractive despite her weight in many ways (including an attitude adjustment) but refuses to do so. 

So to me - I got no problem with the weight comments. Although I compare her more to a donkey than a whale on the board.

Azan appears dumb as a stick - but he’s got her number down pretty well. Easiest con ever. But it’s on her at this point for still believing he wants to marry her and continuing to give him money. I assume she’s watched the show. As Mr. DC said “Mohammed who?”.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Edited to add - I think his family might be in on the “scam” or just don’t care where the money is coming from.
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

If that's the case she should divorce Pedro. Continuing to set him up for emotional abuse by her family makes her a shit person. Perhaps her plan is to terrorize him until he asks for the divorce. Who can say.

But she collapses into incoherent sobs when he merely mentions the word "divorce" on the tell all! She has to be supported by a producer because she can't walk to the green room unaided! She can barely speak for weeping! So which is it, Chantel? If you want your hot slab of man to stick around, you have to be in his corner. She is irritating in the extreme. She wants Pedro to be so insanely whipped he'll docilely submit to the abuse of her family, cut off his own, and shower her with attention on demand. That's not a relationship. She should get a dog. And a vibrator. Maybe River can help her pick one out. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But she collapses into incoherent sobs when he merely mentions the word "divorce" on the tell all! She has to be supported by a producer because she can't walk to the green room unaided! She can barely speak for weeping! So which is it, Chantel? If you want your hot slab of man to stick around, you have to be in his corner. She is irritating in the extreme. She wants Pedro to be so insanely whipped he'll docilely submit to the abuse of her family, cut off his own, and shower her with attention on demand. 

Of course she does, because that makes HER look like a victim.  She's a victim of Pedro, she's a victim of her family. 

I hate to use Nicole as an example because we know Azan is a scam artist, but she stands up to her family when it comes to him.  Nicole is all in when it comes to Azan, she's ride or die.  Chantel isn't. 

I remember last season when Chantel and Pedro went out dancing.  She was started dancing, no twerking with other men.  I was like WTF?  I mean who does that when you're with your husband to be?  I wouldn't do that with a boyfriend.  That made me wonder if Chantel was ready to be committed to anybody.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Of course she does, because that makes HER look like a victim.  She's a victim of Pedro, she's a victim of her family. 

I hate to use Nicole as an example because we know Azan is a scam artist, but she stands up to her family when it comes to him.  Nicole is all in when it comes to Azan, she's ride or die.  Chantel isn't. 

I remember last season when Chantel and Pedro went out dancing.  She was started dancing, no twerking with other men.  I was like WTF?  I mean who does that when you're with your husband to be?  I wouldn't do that with a boyfriend.  That made me wonder if Chantel was ready to be committed to anybody.

I dont see it as Nicole standing up for Azan as much as she is making an attempt to prove that SHE is right and making the right choice and THEY are wrong.

As it became more and more obvious that Azan wasnt “ the good guy” she wants to believe he is and wants everyone else to believe, she began answering questions that were directed to him or correcting his answer after he spoke. The reason she got so snotty to her mom when she expressed her annoyance over the wedding being postponed again and how it was inconvenient and rude to the family, was because she KNOWS her mom is right, she KNOWS he doesn’t want to marry her. She’s desperate to get it all back on track and have her mom continue to go along with the charade so that SHE can too. Like Scarlett O’Hara she doesn’t want to think about it today, she’ll think about it tomorrow and figure a way to get him to marry her” After all Tomorrow is another day”

• Love 14

I said that Nicole wasn't the best example.  Most people here have issues with Nicole because she has a minor child.  Nicole is bull headed and wants what she wants, she's telling her mother, "Azan is who I want." 

Chantel can't go to her parents and say, "this is who I want."  Chantel's family has every right to feel what they feel about Pedro, they have every right to investigate him.  However, I don't see Chantel standing up to them. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Hey, there are some marriages that should be crushed.  I really don't think Chantel and Pedro are about "true love."

And that's for the people in the marriage to decide.   They're lucky Chantel still acts like she's 16 and needs to answer to her mommy and daddy instead of Nicole, who would've told them to fuck off and stopped speaking to them 2 years ago.  

I almost dislike Chantel more than her awful family since she seems determined to continually stoke the fires of discontent between her family and Pedro and doesn't do a damn thing to stick up for him when they start going in on him, save for an occasional half hearted "that's not true" in a tiny, weak voice.  She bitches about Pedro not sticking up for her with his family but refuses to see that she's even worse with her own.  

And my opinion doesn't have a damn thing to do with their race.   

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I said that Nicole wasn't the best example.  Most people here have issues with Nicole because she has a minor child.  Nicole is bull headed and wants what she wants, she's telling her mother, "Azan is who I want." 

Chantel can't go to her parents and say, "this is who I want."  Chantel's family has every right to feel what they feel about Pedro, they have every right to investigate him.  However, I don't see Chantel standing up to them. 

But part of what they feel about Pedro is because of Chantels complaints about him. Then when they get fired up about him  and start talking about private investigators and whether or not Nicole is his sister or his wife or girlfriend, she puts up a mild defense, oh I know she’s his sister... no I wasn’t setup to meet him.,... 

The night of the big fight she had to know that it wasn’t going to be a pleasant family dinner, her mother was all pissed off about Nicole “disrespecting” Chantel and Pedro not sticking up for her. Her mother didn’t wait but 10 minutes or so before starting to poke and prod.

Chantel may have a valid complaint with some of Pedro’s actions but as a supposed adult it’s up to her to hash things out with him, not get her folks to fight her battles while she tries to pretend that she didn’t run to them with a “Pedro’s so mean” story.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What?  I don't see everyone insisting every man on reality tv is gay.  Where is this even coming from? And why say black/brown/white?  Does this mean no one ever thinks a latino or Asian man is gay?  I'm so confused by this comment.  People do actually have opinions on people based on their behaviors, it's not always a race/gender thing.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes she does love Pedro. I saw that from the beginning. She's definitely worried about him leaving her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

But she collapses into incoherent sobs when he merely mentions the word "divorce" on the tell all! She has to be supported by a producer because she can't walk to the green room unaided! She can barely speak for weeping! So which is it, Chantel? If you want your hot slab of man to stick around, you have to be in his corner. She is irritating in the extreme. She wants Pedro to be so insanely whipped he'll docilely submit to the abuse of her family, cut off his own, and shower her with attention on demand. That's not a relationship. She should get a dog. And a vibrator. Maybe River can help her pick one out. 

Or lend her his.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, iwasish said:

But part of what they feel about Pedro is because of Chantels complaints about him. Then when they get fired up about him  and start talking about private investigators and whether or not Nicole is his sister or his wife or girlfriend, she puts up a mild defense, oh I know she’s his sister... no I wasn’t setup to meet him.,... 

The night of the big fight she had to know that it wasn’t going to be a pleasant family dinner, her mother was all pissed off about Nicole “disrespecting” Chantel and Pedro not sticking up for her. Her mother didn’t wait but 10 minutes or so before starting to poke and prod.

Chantel may have a valid complaint with some of Pedro’s actions but as a supposed adult it’s up to her to hash things out with him, not get her folks to fight her battles while she tries to pretend that she didn’t run to them with a “Pedro’s so mean” story.

The show the week before the fight had Chantel's mother saying she was going to do something about Nicole, she took off her jewelry, and basically said she was going to get involved.  Chantal sat there and made a dying cow face so she knew what was going to happen at that dinner ; she knew her mother just didn't invite them over for a friendly social meal.  She may not have known it would end in an actual physical fight, but she did know that her mother was going to say something to Nicole (and the other family members were going to put their two cents in).  She knew her mother wanted to start something nasty.  And the whole pantomime of mami Chantel taking off her jewelry indicates she felt so strongly she wanted to get physical.  Chantel led them in to be berated.

• Love 9

I just have to say that I’m in awe of Azan’s slow, methodical con.  Nicole  deserves whatever happens to her, being such a hateful twit, and May will be just fine because her grandparents and/or other family members will see to it.  So I can almost respect the Snidely Whiplash-ian villainy of Azan conning that fool out of her money.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

The show the week before the fight had Chantel's mother saying she was going to do something about Nicole, she took off her jewelry, and basically said she was going to get involved.  Chantal sat there and made a dying cow face so she knew what was going to happen at that dinner ; she knew her mother just didn't invite them over for a friendly social meal.  She may not have known it would end in an actual physical fight, but she did know that her mother was going to say something to Nicole (and the other family members were going to put their two cents in).  She knew her mother wanted to start something nasty.  And the whole pantomime of mami Chantel taking off her jewelry indicates she felt so strongly she wanted to get physical.  Chantel led them in to be berated.

That's exactly what got it all started. When you plan things like this don't expect the outcome to be good. I don't think till this day Nicole knew what was going on from the look on her face, she probably in the DR now trying to figure it out. From the look on her face when Chantel was accusing her, I don't believe she did what Chantel said she did but something that she just twisted and embellished. Her actions now tells you that a person can't what she says. I was raised to treat your guess with respect and courtesy that's clearly not in family Chantel vocabulary. Nothing wrong with Pedro accommodating his guess by purchasing air mattress and certainly you don't invite people to your home for dinner just to attack and accuse them. That goes against the eloquent law.

• Love 8

Chantel's parents certainly have the right to feel however they want.  I disagree that it's okay for them to initiate an investigation.  Chantel is certainly welcome to do so, but her family should not be making decisions for her.  That's why I can't stand that family!  Setting up all these ambushes and asking the same rude questions over and over again just makes them look ridiculous.  Share your concerns with your daughter once, then step back and let her come to her own conclusions.  If you can't stand being around your son-in-law, back off and if she's really closer to you than to him, that will probably get her away from him faster than all this "family bonding" passive-aggressive nonsense.

21 minutes ago, Rachel51 said:

That's exactly what got it all started. When you plan things like this don't expect the outcome to be good. I don't think till this day Nicole knew what was going on from the look on her face, she probably in the DR now trying to figure it out. From the look on her face when Chantel was accusing her, I don't believe she did what Chantel said she did but something that she just twisted and embellished. Her actions now tells you that a person can't what she says. I was raised to treat your guess with respect and courtesy that's clearly not in family Chantel vocabulary. Nothing wrong with Pedro accommodating his guess by purchasing air mattress and certainly you don't invite people to your home for dinner just to attack and accuse them. That goes against the eloquent law.

Maybe Chantel was being noisy getting ready in the morning and Nicole said, "Thank god" when she left, because she could go back to sleep on the couch.  While that is somewhat rude, it's certainly no reason that the whole family needs to launch an interrogation at dinner.

• Love 6

What's confusing? 

Why do people think Azan is gay?  I don't see it.  He's shady and a con artist, I don't think he's gay though.

I think it's because Azan doesn't seem to be in dire straits and he's been with Nicole long enough w/o the green card, we have wondered if perhaps she's his beard. To be with Nicole, you either have to be a scammer, just trying to get your green card, or possibly gay.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Being lovely to her, in my opinion, was their part in the scam. To make her think everything was on the up and up.

Yes, that very well could be the case.  It's hard to imagine how any family would be welcoming to her!

• Love 4

What's confusing? 

Why do people think Azan is gay?  I don't see it.  He's shady and a con artist, I don't think he's gay though.

I think it has to do with his mannerisms and the way he presents himself. I just think he's got sugar in the tank. He seems gay. That's actually the only likable thing I can think of to say about him right now.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

With the creepy tone of voice they use talking to him, I’d have a hard time being civil to them. Every conversation had some not so hidden accusation in it.

Then he should not go. If he commits to going he should be civil. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think it has to do with his mannerisms and the way he presents himself. I just think he's got sugar in the tank. He seems gay. That's actually the only likable thing I can think of to say about him right now.

That made me chuckle. 

I always hoped Azan was gay and just wanted to come to US to do him.

Now I’m not so sure.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

It's a subtle thing in his mannerisms, plus the way his family seemed happy to have him marrying *anybody*.

I also got vibes from his ćbest friend" who went to the airport with him the first time Nicole went to Morocco.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Ha ha, thank you for clarifying. I knew it was some grotesque, fake amount. Liars, all of them. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I'm still on the fence about whether or not the whole family was in on the scam or just Azan. I guess I'm just naive because I'm still shocked at how very cruel and hateful Azan really is. He's a truly despicable human being. But it's still a stretch for me to think that his whole family is that way, too.

It could be that they hoped to shake down Nicole's mom, to take advantage of the situation and kind of embarrass her into paying for her daughter's mistake?

They were very kind to Nicole although it's hard for me to picture them liking her. Realistically, their food budget probably doubled when she was there, buying her biscuits and fries. She slept all day. I'm sure Azan's mother and sister often wound up caring for Mae. She was rude and they couldn't help but see that Azan hated her. I'm sure there were many moments that we didn't see that were awkward A.F. Times when she yelled and screamed and demanded things. Or asked for hot dogs. smh

Anyway, maybe they decided Nicole was so contemptible that they didn't mind ripping her off. Or, maybe they would have ripped off anybody.

Or, maybe they weren't in on it. Maybe Azan's mom just raised a scumbag.

Amazing that Azan doesn't mind being revealed as a dirtbag on international television. He's shameless. It's a different kind of shameless than Baby Beluga's boob-spilling Muslim wedding dress, but it's shameless all the same.

Still, they are innocent until proven guilty, and we've never seen Azan's family behave any other way than as kind, gentle, polite people. So, perhaps they are shocked and embarrassed by Azan's behavior.

I completely respect your opinion on Azan’s family and was on the fence as well, until Wafa said she was out 6 million dirhans. That was my ah-ha moment of realizing that they are all in on the scam. Wafa uttered the words “$6 million” when questioned, not Azan, not the mother, but they all sit around complicitly, bold faced staring at Nicole after it was said. Even if she HAD spent some money on the wedding, she knows it wasn’t 6 million dirhans, the equivalent to $600,000 USD. Heck, it wasn’t even the $6,000 USD Azan hastily corrected it to. As another poster mentioned, if they had that kind of money, Azan wouldn’t be scamming Nicole for the relative pittance she sends. Wafa and the mother are both in on the scam, Wafa screwed up her line and completely exposed the scam to the viewing public. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Until the finale, we all didn't realize just how hard Azan's heart was. Or, at least, I didn't. We saw the anatomy of a scam, played out before us and, frankly, TLC, that was mind-blowing! 

Indeed.  Azan gave its a master class in manipulation. I believe Family Azan,mother, sister, the whole gang, were in on the scam  the whole time.  They played us all, leading us to believe that Mother and Sister Azan cared about Mae. Nope, it was always about money and getting a much from Nicole as possible. I wonder how many others are victims of Azan's schemes, current and former.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Saje81 said:

I completely respect your opinion on Azan’s family and was on the fence as well, until Wafa said she was out 6 million dirhans. That was my ah-ha moment of realizing that they are all in on the scam. Wafa uttered the words “$6 million” when questioned, not Azan, not the mother, but they all sit around complicitly, bold faced staring at Nicole after it was said. Even if she HAD spent some money on the wedding, she knows it wasn’t 6 million dirhans, the equivalent to $600,000 USD. Heck, it wasn’t even the $6,000 USD Azan hastily corrected it to. As another poster mentioned, if they had that kind of money, Azan wouldn’t be scamming Nicole for the relative pittance she sends. Wafa and the mother are both in on the scam, Wafa screwed up her line and completely exposed the scam to the viewing public. 

That was a sloppy mistake on Wafa's part - and Azan's for not correcting WAFA immediately on camera. 

I'm also curious why Robalee didn't bother to ask some follow up questions. 

1. What exactly did they spent those $6,000 on? The venue? Food? 

2. If the deposit only was already $6,000, how much was the first wedding supposed to cost in total? 

3. Who was supposed to pay for such an expensive wedding?

4. If the deposit for the first wedding was $6,000, why did the second wedding only cost a total of the exact same amount?

5. Why didn't they have to put down a deposit for the second wedding?

6. Why do they want to open a business in Morocco, when the plan was to move to the US as soon as the K-3 visa is approved?

7. And finally: It would have been so much fun to watch Azan squirm and explain why everything in Morocco costs exactly $6,000 - deposit for first wedding, total cost of second wedding, beauty parlor rent for the upcoming year. 

This was the perfect time to ask tough questions and I don't understand why Robalee didn't use her chance to, at the very least, make Azan uncomfortable and let him know that someone is seeing right through his bullshit. What was Nicole supposed to do? Her tourist visa was about to expire, meaning that she couldn't threaten to hold May hostage in Morocco. The worst thing she could have done was throw herself on the ground and throw a tantrum, but Robalee should be used to that by now. What a missed opportunity. 

Maybe TLC should have TheFamilyChantel and TheFamilyNicole switch daughters. MotherChantel would have a field day with Azan, while Robalee would be so wishy washy with Chantel that she'd have no choice but to fight her own battles with Pedro. 

Edited by Morrissey
  • Love 10