Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Rachel51 said:

she didn't take the divorce, the judge granted him one, that's why she was so upset. She was fighting for an annulment so she can get him deported. She made the mistake by not going through with it in the beginning, letting him con her out of the annulment..

I believe she was given the choice to continue with the annulment plans or agree to a divorce. I think it was for financial reasons.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, iwasish said:

LOL so true about Nicole.

I guess you are correct about the government. But he should at least have to produce a lease.

Oh, Azan has entire stacks of leases....??

The entire operation is probably run out of a backroom of a bakery....Wafa printing fake leases, his mother counting money on those little machines that you see in drug cartel movies, the "wedding planner" coming up with romantic text messages and having discussions with the uncle about the perfect combination of heart and kissing emojis, the lady who told them they were missing an original document polishing gumball machine rings, the aunt twirling her mustache and proclaiming that tomorrow she will be serving Nicole sheep brain.

All jokes aside, I would love to hear some of the conversations when Nicole and the cameras were not around.

• Love 7
On 7/30/2018 at 4:15 PM, Mothra said:

We all hate the same people?  Not what I'm seeing.  This is a free-for-all hatefest, and I think we're adorable for getting along so well when we disagree about who's more despicable.  I mean, who else is Team Azan?  It's lonely out here!

I admit I like Mother Chantel or at least find her entertaining.  sigh.  

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am willing to bet a crisp American dollar that the "wedding in Moldova" is entirely producer driven. Probably Libby and Andrei had plans to go visit his family and Sharp stepped in and said "wouldn't it be wonderful to have a wedding in Moldova, for your family who couldn't come to the US? think of it, a traditional Moldovan wedding, with all the trimmings! Wouldn't that be great? Oh, and we'll pay for it". I can't get too exercised about it. 

You did make me laugh with the reminder of Libby's perfect wedding, on a snowy mountain top with a horse drawn carriage. Oh Libby. That's not how horses, or snow, or mountains work. Bless your heart. 

I agree. Plus no way would a wedding there cost $15,000. 

3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Pedro says now he no longer wants to try with family Chantal.  BUT in the beginning he DID try.  He spent time with them (sometimes one on one), he was respectful, he tried to be kind.  Chantal made him lie to them (and he DID NOT want to).  They continually were suspicious of him and even after Chantal came clean she sort of spun it like he was the one that wanted to lie; so in their minds he is harvester and part of a marriage ring.  Chantal has no one but herself to blame for the bad blood between her husband and her weirdo family.  He went on vacation with them even though he did not want to and tried to be civil.  They accused him and badgered him the whole time.  He and Nicole came to dinner trying to be civil and they baited him and her.   I don't blame him for being done with them.  He absolutely has faults as well and could handle things better, but her family is the aggressor in this whole thing started by Chantal baby herself.

He went but he wasn’t civil. 

• Love 2

With airfare costs, the Moldovan wedding can easily cost in the $10,000 and up range. New dress for Elizabeth, catering costs, alcohol costs, etc.  drives up the cost. If Andrei lived in a more rural area, dinner can come from the family cow (like one of my cousin's wedding) and a bit more inexpensive rural catering. The town's women and any others interested do the cooking and baking.

1 hour ago, Rachel51 said:

No it was I believe last season when family Chantel went to the DR and accusing Pedro family of voodoo with the chicken feets and then grandma was cooking up voodoo in the pot. Lol every time my daughter and I see them in the grocery store we just crack up.

I admit, When I saw that pot. I thought about voodoo. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

He was at first; he wasn't saying anything UNTIL they started in on nicole.  He greeted them civilly and sat down with them without any incident.   Before River said what he said and threw something at him; he was even trying to stand up for nicole in a civil manner (hey, hey, hey; he wasn't telling them to shut up or using bad language, etc...

) THEN he flipped.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

In another context I would probably find her entertaining too. But her senseless cruelty, her preening and posturing and her superior attitude, her finger pointing and bizarre accusations, plus the dead eyed obedience to her fanciful whims of her children and husband, tamps down the amusement factor. She's crushing her daughter's spirit and is dead set on destroying her marriage. So that's kinda not funny, to me. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

He was at first; he wasn't saying anything UNTIL they started in on nicole.  He greeted them civilly and sat down with them without any incident.   Before River said what he said and threw something at him; he was even trying to stand up for nicole in a civil manner (hey, hey, hey; he wasn't telling them to shut up or using bad language, etc...

) THEN he flipped.

The comment was about their family trip to the cabin. He went, but was sullen and difficult. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

I believe she was given the choice to continue with the annulment plans or agree to a divorce. I think it was for financial reasons.

If I recall, she was going to do the annulment, but then he promised if she went for the divorce instead they could be friends.  So Stupid did and Mohammed promptly stopped taking her 100 calls/day and she felt "frauded."

• Love 5
On 7/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Neurochick said:

Chantel’s family will never admit their part in the fight.

I think Anfisa and Pao are two sides of the same coin.

The producers should have stopped that fight as soon as River stood up.

Not going to lie, I feel a bit uncomfortable on this board, with the hive mentality here.  Everyone seems to hate the black family and the black host, but seem to love Anfisa.

So will Azan and Nicole ever get married or will this drag on until next season, or until TLC gives them more $ for the wedding?

I agree with you and also feel uncomfortable with the endless fat shaming of Nicole and the suggestion that Azan and his scamming family are so much better than Nicole . Why would his family be so shocked to see a fat woman wearing a wedding dress? There are fat people in Morocco too. Maybe they should be shocked at having a no good scamming son. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I find her very amusing, simply because she's a lot more stupider than she thinks she is. Her lack of self-awareness makes for great trash tv. Although, I'd probably cry myself to sleep every night if she were my mother.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

The comment was about their family trip to the cabin. He went, but was sullen and difficult. 

eh,  I see it differently.  He was clear he was there for Chantel.  He told them he was going to stay in his space and give them space and that he didn't want to bicker.  Everytime they were together, family Chantel started in on him.  He responded badly by getting drunk and trolling them (it only added fuel to the fire), but if I had people accusing me at every turn and I had to be with them in a confined out of the way space I'd be sullen and difficult as well.

• Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Flintridge said:

Family Chantel is craaaazyy! I think no matter what Pedro does or doesn't, they will never trust him.

Family Chantal has made it abundantly clear that you don't have to be white to be racist AF.

5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

In another context I would probably find her entertaining too. But her senseless cruelty, her preening and posturing and her superior attitude, her finger pointing and bizarre accusations, plus the dead eyed obedience to her fanciful whims of her children and husband, tamps down the amusement factor. She's crushing her daughter's spirit and is dead set one destroying her marriage. So that's kinda not funny, to me. 

I totally agree.  I think Family Chantal are horrible.   They're racist, condescending, classless and downright cruel.   They don't care how miserable they're making their own daughter, all they care about is being "right" and their own D list reality fame.   They can see their daughter loves Pedro but are hell bent on destroying her marriage, despite none of their bizarre accusations having been proven.  It's hard to watch.  In fact, I can't watch a single scene with them in it without non-stop flipping off my TV.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

eh,  I see it differently.  He was clear he was there for Chantel.  He told them he was going to stay in his space and give them space and that he didn't want to bicker.  Everytime they were together, family Chantel started in on him.  He responded badly by getting drunk and trolling them (it only added fuel to the fire), but if I had people accusing me at every turn and I had to be with them in a confined out of the way space I'd be sullen and difficult as well.

Even when he wasn't there! Remember the big meeting of the "We Hate Pedro" club at breakfast? Where they let their food get cold so they could sit around and talk about how much they disliked and didn't trust him? Jesus, in Pedro's shoes I wouldn't have gone to that cabin in the woods with a bunch of people who detested me. I'd be afraid of being chopped up into little pieces and thrown into the creek.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Not going to lie, I feel a bit uncomfortable on this board, with the hive mentality here.  Everyone seems to hate the black family and the black host, but seem to love Anfisa.

Well, I like Anfisa a lot better than Jorge and his family, but she bit off more than she can chew by trying to be a gold digger.  I like her better than Pao though because at least she doesn’t talk shit about everybody else.  And in all fairness, Jorge deserved to have the shit knocked out of him and everything else she did to him. 

I like family Chantel.  Even though River is wimpy and whiny, as a guy he should be calling Pedro on his BS.  Game recognizes game every time.  Winter doesn’t say much but she doesn’t take any crap from Pedro either. She sees right through him.  And Mother Chantel may be a little batty, but at least she asks some tough questions. Pedro is sketchy as fuck, condescending, rude, and petty.  Kudos to her for calling him on it.  Imagine how much more enjoyable and productive Nicole and Azan’s segments would be if Robbalee had the balls that Mother Chantel did to question what doesn’t seem right. 

• Love 7
On 7/30/2018 at 8:40 PM, iwasish said:

I think he found some dirt on Nicole or convinced her that she’d done something that would cause problems with the Moroccan government, she was clearly lying and working off a script about the store, she knows it doesnt exist.

Nicole knows that there's no store... yet. It might be that Azan told her something lame like he wants to spend all of his time with her while she's still here and then start looking around for a store when she's gone. However, Nicole knows how fishy that will sound to her mother. Or, they're both afraid that her mother will try to get Azan to give the money back.

No doubt Nicole has been a fool. She's a fool's fool, taken in by her own shallowness and lust. She was drawn to Azan for his appearance, not his character. Okay, Nicole, if you've decided that the outsides matter more than the insides, then you need to take a good hard look in the mirror and reevaluate yourself because the bottom line is that you know you're not being fair. If you expect a husband with a gym bod and a nice face, well, you've got the face, but you better start going to the gym yourself. Then you better plan to get some skin removal surgery, too. And you better make friends with brown rice and vegetables. These things don't matter, but they matter to you. Nicole, you're a shallow person, and you're not a fair person, either. 

Until the finale, we all didn't realize just how hard Azan's heart was. Or, at least, I didn't. We saw the anatomy of a scam, played out before us and, frankly, TLC, that was mind-blowing! 

I think entitled Azan was pissed off that he had to entertain Nicole. Sometimes he may have mustered a little fondness for her, like a pet, but for the most part, he was irritated with her. After all, she's not the easiest person to be around. Even on her best behavior, she's pawing and clinging, and he's embarrassed to be seen with her because he is vain and shallow, too. (The stench of superficiality was so think that it was practically rising off the screen in a grey cloud...) I think Azan actually enjoyed the cruelty of it all. It helped him make it through his 90 days with her. It was payback for allowing himself to be thrown around in the street in front of his house.

Azan was telling the truth when he told Nicole's mom that he knew she was 'the one.' He knew he had found exactly what he was looking for, a horny, gullible woman with access to money that would go a lot further in his country. And then being on the show was paydirt. Money he couldn't resist. I'm sure he's squirreling away every dime.

I really wish that the producers had asked him how it felt to know that Baby Mae was collateral damage. Something like that. Actually, I really wish someone had hit him. However, they want to do a followup program.

Nicole is Danielle with less impulse control. She will go back to Morocco. They will film again. He will let her down again, and take her money. He might even have to have sex with her. He could string her along for years. Nicole would renounce her own God and convert for him at this point to get the D that she will never have. She's made an empty, barren deal.

When he finally lets her go, she won't let go of him. She'll move to Morocco if she has to, and TLC may very well film her knocking on doors and peeking behind desert tents...

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I agree with you and also feel uncomfortable with the endless fat shaming of Nicole and the suggestion that Azan and his scamming family are so much better than Nicole . Why would his family be so shocked to see a fat woman wearing a wedding dress? There are fat people in Morocco too. Maybe they should be shocked at having a no good scamming son. 

I understand why the fat shaming of Nicole of Nicole might make you uncomfortable, but I think the reason that Nicole is fat shamed so much is because she is selfish, manipulating, and a mother who seems to put her child last.  Any sympathy for her being a big girl is lost.   And while she's obese, she's obsessing over the six pack of her 90 Day scammer.  You don't see Nicole with someone whose body shape matches hers, do you?  She's made a big deal in previous seasons about this six pack of his.  It seems clear to me that the reason she's gone outside the country is so she can get her sexual fantasy man.  And that isn't someone who weighs what she does.  

I'm also not seeing where at least Azan is viewed more positively this season.  I think there was a time when he was being essentially molested by Nicole and shoved by him that he had some sympathy.  But his looks and his scamming of Nicole are routinely bashed here.    As for Azan's family, we really haven't seen evidence of them scamming Nicole; they've seemed warm and accepting of her and her daughter.  The scammer seems to be Azan only in my view.  Now, it's certainly possible they are all in on the scam, but so far they seemed to have been lovely to Nicole.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think people are responding to Nicole's choices. She was modeling a wedding dress for a man who didn't want to marry her, and her bosom was spilling out of that dress. And, she planned on wearing that dress in a conservative Muslim ceremony. And, her enabling mother bought the dress even though Nicole was barking at her and treating her like crap in the process. And yes, there are obese people in Morocco, but the obesity rate is only 13% compared to nearly 40% in the U.S., and among those numbers, very few young people are obese and of her extreme size. Also, for a woman of size, Nicole herself is very shallow.

I agree that she would look lovely in a dress that was appropriate for her, but not the one that she picked.

• Love 19
46 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Even when he wasn't there! Remember the big meeting of the "We Hate Pedro" club at breakfast? Where they let their food get cold so they could sit around and talk about how much they disliked and didn't trust him? Jesus, in Pedro's shoes I wouldn't have gone to that cabin in the woods with a bunch of people who detested me. I'd be afraid of being chopped up into little pieces and thrown into the creek.

yes!  Family Chantel were only fake nice to him on that trip.  They weren't being sincerely civil to him.  Everything "nice" was done or said to poke at him.  And Chantel didn't even tell them to shut it or back off, etc...  I mean if that were my family and my husband, I'd say I couldn't stay around them if they were going to badmouth my husband with no actual proof and then I'd hole away with him in our room.  And I would have driven seperately so I could leave.  I mean, Chantel could have compromised for Pedro and driven her own car and said if things get bad we will leave.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 10

I don’t feel like I’m fat shaming Nicole because personally I think the whole shaming thing is overused sometimes.  I’m chubby too, but I’m not a neglectful mother who throws tantrums and treats everyone like crap when I don’t get my way. I also don’t traipse around the world chasing after what I can consider to be sexy, model-worthy guys.  I know what I’m working with, and expect similar looks from a male companion unlike Danielle, Nicole, Courtney, David, Josh, Bret (the guy with Daya) and Jorge.  And Molly to an extent since she’s cute but plump.  She does at least have a middle class life though, so she can reel someone else in.  

I understand where Neurochick is coming from.  Sometimes things go to far on forums like these.  But Nicole is just awful and manipulative.  Personally I wish Molly had chosen better.  I liked her other show much better because it was nice to see a big girl doing the damn thing.  We need that kind of representation too.  I don’t like Nicole but I would watch a spinoff if it was her getting her life together after this mess, taking care of May and maybe going to school or buying a home.  I think that would be pretty cool, but she’s horny shallow and delusional as pointed out on this board, so it won’t happen.  Danielle is a complete moron, but I enjoyed seeing her buy her own home.  She was actually doing something for her kids and not some man for a change.  

I know I wouldn’t focus on Nicole’s appearance so much if she didn’t obsess over Azan’s looks so much.  Plus she always looks so slouchy.  She has a cute face but should take more care with her hair and quality fabrics and structured jackets.  And please take better care of May’s appearance.  Most women would love to have such an adorable daughter to dress up everyday.  Where are the cute outfits and hair bows?  

Can we get some kind of crossover with a quick visit from Clinton and Stacey?  Ted could cut Nicole and awesome bob, dress Molly in styles that actually fit her frame, and completely start over with Danielle.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

With the creepy tone of voice they use talking to him, I’d have a hard time being civil to them. Every conversation had some not so hidden accusation in it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I understand why the fat shaming of Nicole of Nicole might make you uncomfortable, but I think the reason that Nicole is fat shamed so much is because she is selfish, manipulating, and a mother who seems to put her child last.  Any sympathy for her being a big girl is lost.   And while she's obese, she's obsessing over the six pack of her 90 Day scammer.  You don't see Nicole with someone whose body shape matches hers, do you?  She's made a big deal in previous seasons about this six pack of his.  It seems clear to me that the reason she's gone outside the country is so she can get her sexual fantasy man.  And that isn't someone who weighs what she does.  

I'm also not seeing where at least Azan is viewed more positively this season.  I think there was a time when he was being essentially molested by Nicole and shoved by him that he had some sympathy.  But his looks and his scamming of Nicole are routinely bashed here.    As for Azan's family, we really haven't seen evidence of them scamming Nicole; they've seemed warm and accepting of her and her daughter.  The scammer seems to be Azan only in my view.  Now, it's certainly possible they are all in on the scam, but so far they seemed to have been lovely to Nicole.

Being lovely to her, in my opinion, was their part in the scam. To make her think everything was on the up and up.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't think it's her weight or size that's the problem with her chosen wedding dress. It's the fact that she was wearing a dress where her breasts were almost falling out, and she was planning on wearing it in a conservative [Muslim] country. It's the same as being culturally tone deaf. Solely based on how his mother and sister cover up, that dress would've been offensive no matter what size she was. She could've added a shrug, sleeves, or anything.. It was inappropriate, and she could've very well found a more suitable style for where she was going to be getting married. (Honestly, I feel the same way about Chantel's boob busting bandage dresses.) There's a time and place for everything. I believe women can be beautiful and sexy at all sizes. Especially when they dress for their shape and know what works for them and flatters them. 

• Love 15

How is Nicole able to convince herself that everything with Azan is on the up and up and that he's the love of her life? I admit, I do feel bad for people, up to a certain level that is, at how they can be so painfully blind and ignorant to the truth that has fallen out of the sky and wriggles around on her face. I'm just thankful its not me. There but for the grace of God go I. I was actually physically uncomfortable watching Azan half ass his answers to the camera.

And David, for the elebenty billionth time, STFU!!! Who knows what circumstances you're living in now seeing as the host couldn't be arsed to pose what would be a rational question. We didn't need you chirping in on everybody else's business like you had a right. Ooh big man cuz you have scuzzbucket Luis' number on speed dial. Makes me wanna puke.

And so what if Anfisa was doing webcam stuff? If its even true that is. She's not hurting anybody and seeing as she only has herself to depend on, she'll do what she needs to do to make a life for herself. Because lets face it, she never came right out and denied the claim. No different that Pao painting her boobies to take calendar pics in front of her Mom and Dad. Oh wait, THAT IS WORSE!

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, iwasish said:

With the creepy tone of voice they use talking to him, I’d have a hard time being civil to them. Every conversation had some not so hidden accusation in it.

My favorite part will always be at the end of the trip after Pedro rode home in sullen silence and Father Chantel said, "Well, Pedro, did you have a good time?" Priceless!

On another Family Chantel topic, it struck me as funny when they met with the PI and there was a big discussion of whether or not "Pedro was really Pedro" when their very own Ce'Air has been going by Chantel for three seasons. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Being lovely to her, in my opinion, was their part in the scam. To make her think everything was on the up and up.

Like Wafa said, "We're used to Nicole." Nicole probably slept a lot and when she was awake, Azan was in charge of entertaining her so all the family had to do was watch May. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's crushing her daughter's spirit and is dead set on destroying her marriage.

Hey, there are some marriages that should be crushed.  I really don't think Chantel and Pedro are about "true love."

• Love 3

Whether or not they are "true love" is neither here nor there, though. And its not for anyone else to say. Chantel is a grown woman who made her choice. She is not being harmed or abused. Let her marriage sink or swim, that's between her and her husband. Her parents and her creepy, over engaged brother should not be interfering.

• Love 21

I think there is love under all that lust for them (my opinion) but even if it's not there, her family shouldn't set out to destroy the marriage.  It's been 2 years.  If you are old enough to get yourself married, then your family needs to step back and let you adult.  In the end, Chantel is the one that needs to make choices concerning her marriage; her family shouldn't be forcing her hand or controlling her.  If there are true concerns, they need to point her to counseling.  Trying to destroy another person's marriage is more than a little controlling ("I'm right, you shouldn't be married, so I'm going to sway the situation to the outcome I personally like for you, it may not be true or not, but I'm going to do it because I know what's best for you even though you are an adult").  Personally, I don't think Chantel and Pedro should have married under their circumstances.  They needed to date longer, let her family get to know him as the boyfriend, and THEN gotten engaged.  She had the money to keep going there to visit or bringing him here to visit.  But, I'm not going to try and ruin her marriage.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:
On 7/31/2018 at 10:19 AM, Gobi said:

It's going to include a cafe, specializing in pigs in a blanket and pulled pork sandwiches.

...and fries, or course!

Served on mattresses

• Love 5
On 7/29/2018 at 7:06 AM, spankydoll said:

She was wearing Kotex as footwear on national television? No way. That is gross. She is classless. 

Oh for Chrissakes, she was wearing peds.  Like little socks that just cover the feet.  They were white.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Hey, there are some marriages that should be crushed.  I really don't think Chantel and Pedro are about "true love."

I have to disagree; what spouses do to destroy their own marriages is one thing, but no marriage should be crushed from the outside.   

And I actually believe Chantel and Pedro could be blissfully happy together (happier than any of the other couples at least) if there were no FamiliesChantelandPedro interruptions. 

The other couples will never be that happy, because they are all made up of one or more unhappy people. 

• Love 16

I wonder if Family Chantal ever went through with the private investigation into Pedro's family and if so, will we ever see/hear the results?  Will they apologize if the investigation clears the family? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I have to disagree; what spouses do to destroy their own marriages is one thing, but no marriage should be crushed from the outside.   

And I actually believe Chantel and Pedro could be blissfully happy together (happier than any of the other couples at least) if there were no FamiliesChantelandPedro interruptions. 

The other couples will never be that happy, because they are all made up of one or more unhappy people. 

Agreed. What really killed me was when Shaun asked Mother Chantel if she wanted to apologize to Pedro for anything and she pauses and then eventually apologizes for pulling Nicole's weave out.  WTF??!?!  How about apologizing for getting a PI to investigate him? How about apologizing for yelling that you are calling immigration?  How about apologizing for butting into your daughter's marriage?  How about apologizing for the rude comments on how he's assisting harvesting American dollars?

Even if Pedro wasn't sending money to the DR, Family Chantel do NOT want Pedro in the family for whatever reason.  And sadly, even if Chantel married some nice American doctor, lawyer or businessman, I still see Family Chantel finding some fault with the groom and butting in trying to run the show.  With them, it's our way or the highway!

• Love 9

I think Pedro really loves Chantel, but I don't think Chantel loves Pedro as much as he loves her.  If Chantel did, then she'd tell her family to take a hike. 

However, lots of people today feel, "your family is your family forever."  Meaning relationships don't last today as much as they used to, so some folks will take their families over their husbands/wives.

• Love 4
On 7/30/2018 at 2:51 PM, Matty said:

I have a "way out there" theory about Azan and his "family". Bear with me but it seems to me that the sister is an actress and not his sibling. She looks nothing like Azan. Nothing. I know that siblings don't always look alike and don't have to closely resemble each other but that woman has not one characteristic that would place her as Azan's sister. She's very fair and he's dark. Azan has kinky black hair that he colors and straightens. We don't see her hair since it's covered. Total speculation. His eyes are brown/black, and small and beady. Her eyes are large and I think they are light brown/hazel. He has a thin, narrow face and hers is more round and soft. He has a slight build and she does not have that type of frame. There is zero resemblance between these two. I don't think a devout Muslim woman would go on an American television reality show. It just seems fake to me. I really think TLC hired an actress who speaks Arabic to play his sister and keep to the script following the story line. Sounds far fetched but I wouldn't put it past them. I don't know about the mother and how real she is but the sister just seems fake to me. Not buying it. Regarding the other family members resemblance on this show Nicole is the spitting image of Pedro. Looks just like him with a wig and makeup on. Ashley is the spitting image of David channeling Amy Winehouse. 

The fact they don't look anything alike doesn't mean a ton.  I had a roommate who has a sister.  They had the same parents.  My roommate looked Native American just like her dad (darker skin, eyes, hair, facial structure).  Her sister looked Irish just like her mom (very white, blonde hair, different facial features).  Not that your possible scenario couldn't have happened, nothing is surprising anymore.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I wonder if Family Chantal ever went through with the private investigation into Pedro's family and if so, will we ever see/hear the results?  Will they apologize if the investigation clears the family? 

LOL, that's cute! Mama Chantel might be arsed to say "I'm sorry you made me spend all that American money on a private investigator", but since she seems to regard Pedro as a sub human being with no feelings I'm sure she'd feel that an apology from a superior person like herself would be wasted on him.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2018 at 8:33 PM, Kangatush said:

I don't think she's a math major, but Statistics totally sounds like a Gen Ed requirement type class.

It is an option for completing many majors at our school.  Bio had an option of 2 years of non math major calc PLUS 1 stats course OR 3 quarters of math major calc or 2 math major calc courses plus 1 stats course.  

20 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Agreed. What really killed me was when Shaun asked Mother Chantel if she wanted to apologize to Pedro for anything and she pauses and then eventually apologizes for pulling Nicole's weave out.  WTF??!?!  How about apologizing for getting a PI to investigate him? How about apologizing for yelling that you are calling immigration?  How about apologizing for butting into your daughter's marriage?  How about apologizing for the rude comments on how he's assisting harvesting American dollars?

Even if Pedro wasn't sending money to the DR, Family Chantel do NOT want Pedro in the family for whatever reason.  And sadly, even if Chantel married some nice American doctor, lawyer or businessman, I still see Family Chantel finding some fault with the groom and butting in trying to run the show.  With them, it's our way or the highway!

This is one of many reasons why Shawn is a horrible host.  she should have grilled family chantel over the petty crap they pull.  Stupid ole mami chantel thinking no one watches the show "gasp!  I thought our blended family was going great!  I'm shocked anyone would think otherwise or why it would be going this way!".  Um, yeah Karen.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Vile and jealous little duck face isn't she? I get the vibe that they always considered Libby the charity case ugly duckling sister. Libby seems to be doing pretty good With Andrei and is finally standing up for herself and they can't stand it. "I don't mean to be a bitch but its MY wedding coming up" oh get over yourself and stop  with the fillers you look absurd 

Those fillers don't look good on anybody... seriously, how can a doctor inject some goop into a person's face and expect it to be as nicely sculpted as it would look naturally? It just won't look right. EVER!

Look at poor Darcey. It never made her look younger. It just made her face look heavy, like she was overweight, but carrying the extra weight in her face. She looked so much better when that stuff went away!

I say save the money and buy a new purse or something...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I disagree (about the crushing part).  It's for Chantel and Pedro to decide if they are about true love and whether or not to continue their marriage.  Families should not be crushing their child's marriage.  The only possible exception I could see is if there was abuse involved, but even then I think it would be better to offer the person support and let them make their own decision (and more effective too).

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Absolutely. Men in this age group (older than 50) want arm candy, a sexual performer, a nurse, a woman with very deep pockets or a doormat that he can boss around to do his bidding. She also needs to be stunning and younger to make him look more virile. The competition for that man will be fierce and he will have no qualms about playing them off of each other to entice them to put it all (whatever it is) out there. He will use, abuse and throw away anyone at any time for purely selfish reasons. If he has lost his wife and was a good loving man the new woman may never live up to the standards of his dearly beloved sainted wife. There’s usually not a lot in it for the current woman. He may marry you with a one sided prenup but everything will go to his children or grandchildren. Many are cheap and will insist on splitting everything as they don’t want to be “used”. He can smell the desperation in woman. It’s a mans dating game out there by far. 

Couldn't have put it any better. That is the reality. And the guys in their 50s with resources? Looking at women 37-45... 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

That was the perfect time for Chantel to get her mother in line. Pedro once again is the better man and apologizes for his fault in the fight and Momma Hoodrat cackles about snatching his sister's weave.  Chantel could have said something as simple as "Knock it off Mom"  but no, she sat there with that same clenched jaw dumb ass wide eyed look on her face.  She has never fully had Pedro's back and she never will. 

Chantel will miss Pedro when he leaves.  She'll marry the son of the local funeral parlor that her parents originally wanted her to marry.  On Wednesday nights when they have their "special time", Chantel will close her eyes and think of her Pedro, remembering the good times and good  lovin' she was getting before her parents doomed her. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11