Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

Is the firehouse in a Shell station parking lot?

I want to rescue May and bring her to the library and feed her vegetables. She looks younger than last season, like she's regressing.

And @islandgal140's quote wins the board: "I never thought I would live to see the day when I would actually miss Russ's Hitler Youth haircut. Now he looks like a depressed serial killer with a low flow shower head."

• Love 22
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I've been trying to figure out what kind of housing Nicole actually lives in ever since we first caught a glimpse of its beauty. Is that what Section 8 housing looks like in Bradenton, FL? I can't remember if we've ever seen a kichen(ette) or anything in there. It's a real dump. It was also really sad to see her daughter just sitting there, staring off into space, while Nicole was on her phone.

Yea she is th 600 lb life prequel, in a few years we will see Azan hosing her off in front of that apt/hotel while Mae runs around still in diapers because momma is incapable of raising her.

• Love 13

I don't know about Nicole's "friend," but Ramon, George's "friend," is definitely an actor.  Aside from his piercing questions and articulate talking heads, he's way too good-looking and cool to be friends with schlubby George.  George has *no* personality that we've been made aware of, and Ramon is a guy I'd like to have a margarita with.  I wasn't paying much attention to Nicole's friend, but I suspect the same is true of her because god knows it would be torture to have to spend time with Nicole, Miss Whiny-Pants of the Universe.

• Love 13

Molly seems like the type of mom who could walk in on Luis abusing her daughters and would make excuses for him. Ugh!

I agree, no idea why they would even have Nicole on this show. I honestly don’t think the visa will come through and/or that they actually marry.  Her parents did her a huge disservice by never saying NO to that halfwit.  I don’t think she mentally competent enough to even see the connection between actions and consequences.  Have her declared by the state and adopt that little girl. She’s doomed otherwise and they know it.  

Pao has a few side johns that keep her in style. She looks way past 30 to me and she must be doing some really nasty stuff out there because there is no way she has a lucrative modeling career. 

David is just a poor excuse for a man. He and Annie must have enough money for food and alcohol.  He has no shame. 

• Love 14

I'm so happy to be back with you, my people.  And I can't wait for it to get a LOT more stupider!

Why wasn't the first question, and answer, between Azan and Nicole about the visa?  If two people actually want to be together and not just a selfish baby or a greencard seeker, that's their top priority, not bitching about how long their days were.  I'm still not sold on a green card being Azan's main motivation.  He never seems to show much interest in America.  Maybe it's more the money.

I will always be Team Anfisa (minus the physical abuse).  She's a horrible person, but she's never been less than a 100% honest horrible person.  Moobs just lies about everything and seems baffled that she gets upset.  And his sister needs to go far far away.  Anfisa is a gold digger?  Yup, just like your brother picked.  

Molly better come to her senses quick.  Luis told your daughter he wanted her mute, but knew she couldn't do it, and you just sit there silently?  And Olivia handled herself better than I would have when speaking to the douche canoe.

I so feel for Russ.  I think he is the one who had the most pure intentions going into all this.  He met a girl, in person, fell in love, and wants to make a life with her.  It depresses my hair too.  Pao is delusional.  

I admire just how selfish David is.  He seems to give zero f**ks about being a useless user.  There is no shame in his game.  Annie made her own bed in this relationship.

I also feel sort of bad for Chantal and Pedro.  I think if they were allowed to be a couple, independent from either of their families, they'd be fine.  But that will never happen, so they're doomed.  Both Family Chantal and Family Pedro are full of nasty people who have done, and said, unforgivable things.  But I still hope that Mother Chantal has some new little hats for this season.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Your entire post was sheer genius, but this part nearly made me spit coffee on my keyboard. Am I the only one who remembers that episode of Seinfeld when Jerry starts using the low-flow showerhead?

You're not alone,  I remember it well.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I've been trying to figure out what kind of housing Nicole actually lives in ever since we first caught a glimpse of its beauty. Is that what Section 8 housing looks like in Bradenton, FL? I can't remember if we've ever seen a kichen(ette) or anything in there. 

You and I both know that Nicole doesn't even NEED a kitchen/ette.  Give girlfriend a mini fridge and microwave and she's got a place to store and reheat her frozen chicken nuggets and Ore Ida crinkle fries.  

There is legit no way she cooks, even for her kid.  She makes me so angry because if she can't rewatch her episodes, the tell-alls, and maybe stroll the innerwebz for comments from folks who have no dog in the fight... She could maybe have a discount "Come to Jesus" moment. 

Couple Chantal & Pedro are the most snoozeworthy couple to ever have a camera in front of them. I still cannot imagine there wasn't A SINGLE OTHER COUPLE who wanted another TLC paycheck.  Corny can't have much going on.  What's Larry doing on his RV Trip Across 'Murica?  COME ON, TLC.  GETCHYER SH*T TOGETHER. 

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I don't know about Nicole's "friend," but Ramon, George's "friend," is definitely an actor.  Aside from his piercing questions and articulate talking heads, he's way too good-looking and cool to be friends with schlubby George.  George has *no* personality that we've been made aware of, and Ramon is a guy I'd like to have a margarita with.  I wasn't paying much attention to Nicole's friend, but I suspect the same is true of her because god knows it would be torture to have to spend time with Nicole, Miss Whiny-Pants of the Universe.

I got that feeling too, I also feel Nicole's "friend" is an actress , she seemed way to normal and level headed to hang around with Nicole.

• Love 19

Any amount of money that as a kid Nicole threw a tantrum anytime she didnt get her way.  Watch mommy tiptoe around her trying to make her see the light without setting her off into a raging tantrum. She’s simple minded. Probably read too many Harlequin romance novels and is obsessed with some fantasy of what love is. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was the fat girl that the guys in school that she was crushing on,  would pretend to like just to get in her pants, but never acknowledged even  knowing her in public.  May is being taught at this young age that the be all and end all of a girls life is having boyfriend. Her mother can barely be bothered to engage with her because she’s so caught up in her quest for a man. May will be boy crazy just like mommy when she’s just a few years older.  

Wonder if David will try to cajole Annie into earning a few bucks on the internet ,,, just til he finds a job?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

He admitted that he let her think that he was a millionaire. I'm sure he thought that he'd bring her over here to be his little sex toy and she'd just be fine with him being a low-level schmuck who didn't have money but was deep in debt. He's a liar who lies and you can't trust anything he says.

And his dumb sister is all up in arms like he's a saint and Anfisa is a sinner. Jorge's sister is as loathsome as he is

Here is a list of phrases that her poor innocent victim of a brother uttered on the show. He's warning the viewers that one day he will murder a woman:

• I want revenge
  • I'll be mean
  • I'm just resentful
  • I just went off
  • I lied to hurt her
  • I'm gonna make you look bad
  • You don't think, you just react
  • Love 22
34 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I got that feeling too, I also feel Nicole's "friend" is an actress , she seemed way to normal and level headed to hang around with Nicole.

And she had perfect teeth. Lol

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Couple Chantal & Pedro are the most snoozeworthy couple to ever have a camera in front of them. I still cannot imagine there wasn't A SINGLE OTHER COUPLE who wanted another TLC paycheck.  Corny can't have much going on.  What's Larry doing on his RV Trip Across 'Murica?  COME ON, TLC.  GETCHYER SH*T TOGETHER. 

OMG CORNY YAAASSSS. If anyone could make Nicole’s simpleton whinging seem like amateur hour, it would be her and her droopy eye. Also Paul and Kreeny can’t possibly be that busy can they? Unless he’s still struggling to extricate himself from his full-body swimming condom. 

• Love 14

Nicole is dumb, but she is a brute who will manipulate, lie and whine until she gets what she wants.

Reminds me of Whitney Thore.    Neither one of them have any boundries.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, MollyZee said:

Also Paul and Kreeny can’t possibly be that busy can they? Unless he’s still struggling to extricate himself from his full-body swimming condom. 

I laughed so hard at this my nose ran.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Pedro/Chantal - I still maintain that these two really do love each other (although I'm willing to admit I'm completely naive). At least they have chemistry, are both attractive and the same age.  I think the best thing for both of them would be to move away and limit contact with their families. Totally reasonable for Family Chantal to have doubts and also reasonable for Family Pedro to expect some money to be sent back home here and there, but this marriage won't work with so much involvement from both.

David/Annie - I think David thinks he's special and shouldn't have to do just any old job out there to support himself and his wife.  I find them difficult to watch.

Molly/Luis - Agree with another poster that I don't hate her as a person, but hate what she's putting her kids through. All this bs about wanting to give her daughters a father figure, not wanting them to be hurt by Luis leaving, she really thougjt he'd fit into place in her life, please. All just rationalizations to keep the creep around because she 'loves' him. There is nothing remotely attractive, nor redeeming about him.

Russ/Pao - I used to really root for them, but I think they are just way too different. The opposites attract thing can sometimes work, but these two are polar opposites. I don't think she's using him, though. They've been married awhile and it seems like she's the breadwinner now. I don't think it's fair to say he took a pay cut by moving to Miami - he was out of work for awhile before she moved to Miami.

I refuse to comment on Jorge/Anfisa and Nicole/Azan.

• Love 4
(edited)

Chantel sounds sensible when she talks about the need for her and Pedro to be careful about their money, but notice the fancy computer-gaming console Pedro has, and Chantel's chest-balloons didn't pay for themselves.  Both sets of parents are hateful; I want to slap Pedro's sister for her snottiness, and his mother's superiority and shamelessness are models for us all.  Chantel's whole family, but especially her mother, speak so drawlingly that they sound really stupid.  Her mother's concern that "they use a lot of chicken legs in voodoo" doesn't help the impression.  Actually, her brother speaks like a normal human being, and I don't think we've ever heard a word from the unloved sister, so she might be OK, too.

Agree that Nicole is slow, to be kind, and it's heartbreaking to see May just lolling there with her mother in squalor.  I hope that child goes to daycare or gets some other kind of regular stimulation.  Intellect aside, that kind of nothingness in a child's life can lead to all kinds of psychological problems later on.  Azan puzzles me.  He seems at times to be repulsed by Nicole, physically, yet continues to say he loves her.  I think he wants to come to the US to see what it's like, not necessarily to get a green card and stay here (especially not with Nicole), but to check it out and see if he likes it enough to want to stay.  Of course, there's always the chance that he's some kind of terrorist, too, folks <--joking here.

Anfisa is so much more attractive, or less weird-looking, without the huge duck lips.  Knowing that she has hit George, though, I'm a little concerned that she's training with a boxer.

I think Pao is the most selfish person I've ever seen.  When she's in Miami, she might as well be back in Colombia.  She hangs out with friends who all speak Spanish and lives a single life.  The only "work" we've seen her doing, besides that music video, has looked to me like posing for a pinup calendar.  Is she supporting herself?  Do she and Russ actually live together?  And what is he doing now?  Poor guy, poor stupid guy.  I'd love to see him ditch her and move back to Oklahoma, get a good job and have a wonderful life.  And he is the only one who didn't go looking for a (non-liberated) foreign bride, so he really deserves better.  But boy, Pao got one look at Miami, and Russ was toast.

Edited by Mothra
Don't call anyone stupid if your nouns and verbs don't agree.
  • Love 15

Chantal needs to remember that she is Pedro's sponsor for the next decade, not the other way around. She signed legal documents stating that she could financially support him on her own in the event that he was unable (or unwilling) to find employment when he got his green card. Either she lied on the documents (like she lied to her family for months about why Pedro was really in the US) or she's faking poverty now. She seems like a stupidly dramatic person. Either way, Pedro isn't here to work 16 hours a day at dead end jobs to pay for her new boobs.

This is the same reason I always supported Mohamed (of the Danielle saga) and will probably always support Anfisa. These are human beings who were imported by gross Americans under false pretenses. I have no idea how Danielle managed to convince anyone that she could support Mohamed when she couldn't support herself or her kids, but she honestly expected a foreigner to swoop in and get an amazing job and pay all her bills. Mohamed and Pedro (and all of the other international spouses) are starting over in a new country. Unless they have amazing educations and skills they are going to struggle to find meaningful employment. I'm guessing they don't have that leg up otherwise they wouldn't be marrying these freaks and geeks to escape a desperate situation in their native countries.

Anyway, back to Chantal. It's crazy to me that she has such a problem with him sending money home. Does she know what kind of conditions his mother and sister had been living in before he moved them into a better apartment? Would she have even gotten out of the damn van if he had tried to show her? That's his family and poverty in a lot of these countries is not poverty in the US, and her princess act is so old to me right now. She and her snobby yet unsophisticated family blew me away with their "backwards American" bullshit in the DR.

I do wonder how much of Chantal's complaining is coming from a genuine place or if it's her family in her ear. If it's the former then they need to just split up now because that is a fundamental difference of opinion that will never be resolved. As long as his mother is living, he's going to send money to her. Learn to live with it or file for divorce.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Chantal needs to remember that she is Pedro's sponsor for the next decade, not the other way around. She signed legal documents stating that she could financially support him on her own in the event that he was unable (or unwilling) to find employment when he got his green card. Either she lied on the documents (like she lied to her family for months about why Pedro was really in the US) or she's faking poverty now. She seems like a stupidly dramatic person. Either way, Pedro isn't here to work 16 hours a day at dead end jobs to pay for her new boobs.

This is the same reason I always supported Mohamed (of the Danielle saga) and will probably always support Anfisa. These are human beings who were imported by gross Americans under false pretenses. I have no idea how Danielle managed to convince anyone that she could support Mohamed when she couldn't support herself or her kids, but she honestly expected a foreigner to swoop in and get an amazing job and pay all her bills. Mohamed and Pedro (and all of the other international spouses) are starting over in a new country. Unless they have amazing educations and skills they are going to struggle to find meaningful employment. I'm guessing they don't have that leg up otherwise they wouldn't be marrying these freaks and geeks to escape a desperate situation in their native countries.

Anyway, back to Chantal. It's crazy to me that she has such a problem with him sending money home. Does she know what kind of conditions his mother and sister had been living in before he moved them into a better apartment? Would she have even gotten out of the damn van if he had tried to show her? That's his family and poverty in a lot of these countries is not poverty in the US, and her princess act is so old to me right now. She and her snobby yet unsophisticated family blew me away with their "backwards American" bullshit in the DR.

I do wonder how much of Chantal's complaining is coming from a genuine place or if it's her family in her ear. If it's the former then they need to just split up now because that is a fundamental difference of opinion that will never be resolved. As long as his mother is living, he's going to send money to her. Learn to live with it or file for divorce.

Interesting take.  I don't think Chantal has an issue with Pedro sending money to his family per se; I think her issue is that he's spending/sending large amounts of money for non-necessities while they're supposed to be planning for their future.  Helping his family and saving money here in the U.S. don't have to be mutually exclusive. It seems he views their money as his and hers instead of 'ours', but it's hard to blame him considering the ridiculous pre-nup she had him sign at the behest of her family.  As spoiled as Chantal appears to be, I do think she married Pedro for love and it seems like they're both willing to work hard to make money. They just don't have the same priorities right now...

• Love 10

Nicole is bigger.  Still dumb and awfully dirty.   I can imagine how she lived with what's his nose's aunt.  

Maybe Jorge is smarter because divorce is now an option.  I'm Team Attorneys with those two love birds.  

Disturbing that Molly is sadly still delusional at this point.  She had someone to watch the young daughter for seven years while she worked so assigning that job to the unwilling Dominican douche lord makes no sense.  

David and Annie - no surprises there.  

Pao is still a selfish bloodsucker; no surprises there.  

What surprised me was that Pedro is still pouting over the chicken feet.  The anger looks real.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sterling said:

I still wonder why Chris was giving David money all this time.  My bet is, David has the goods on Chris' extra-marital activities in Thailand.  That Chris seems like he could be one healthy partier, and he knows that David could tell Chris' wife (Nikki?) everything, and she does not seem like one to sit quietly and say, "Oh well, boys will be boys".  Um, nuh uh.  Remember her brother, who almost beat the crap out of David?  Yeah, he'd come after Chris.  So Chris has been handing money over to David all this time, until Nikki finally said Enough.  And she probably forced Chris to send over that lease.   Chris must be shaking in his boots, hoping David won't talk.

Well, I can't STAND Nikki!! She seems like a major control freak , and Chris is just the type of weakling to let her be that. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, iwasish said:

Any amount of money that as a kid Nicole threw a tantrum anytime she didnt get her way.  Watch mommy tiptoe around her trying to make her see the light without setting her off into a raging tantrum. She’s simple minded. Probably read too many Harlequin romance novels and is obsessed with some fantasy of what love is. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if she was the fat girl that the guys in school that she was crushing on,  would pretend to like just to get in her pants, but never acknowledged even  knowing her in public.  May is being taught at this young age that the be all and end all of a girls life is having boyfriend. Her mother can barely be bothered to engage with her because she’s so caught up in her quest for a man. May will be boy crazy just like mommy when she’s just a few years older.  

Wonder if David will try to cajole Annie into earning a few bucks on the internet ,,, just til he finds a job?

I think Nicole's parents act like they do because she has (many times) threatened to take May to Morroco to stay. That is the reason her dad and stepmom agreed to sponsor him, to keep them from going there. I think all the adults act like this, because of nicole's constant threat of leaving with may. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 8:51 AM, LilaFowler said:

The Marriage Chantal:

I am totally in this season just to hear the phrase Family Chantel, Marriage Chantel etc lol 

20 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

What a wonderful weekend. I went from watching a royal wedding on Saturday to royally fucked up marriages on Sunday. 

??? hahaha seriously dying hahaha

11 hours ago, Mothra said:

I don't know about Nicole's "friend," but Ramon, George's "friend," is definitely an actor.  Aside from his piercing questions and articulate talking heads, he's way too good-looking and cool to be friends with schlubby George.  George has *no* personality that we've been made aware of, and Ramon is a guy I'd like to have a margarita with.  

Loved Ramon ! Ramon is prob his client that fat liar cannot have friends. 

Why does Penguin think he does not need a job exactly ?

HATE Pao and low flow showerhead. I FF thru their scenes. Dude dump her ass and move to the Bakken. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

What surprised me was that Pedro is still pouting over the chicken feet.  The anger looks real.  

Pedro is a total dumbass! As someone posted earlier, I just want to punch him in the face when he is on my TV screen.

Pao is a bloodsucking skank and Russ is an idiot.

I don't feel sorry for Annie, she knew David was a total fucking loser when they were in Thailand.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Splithair said:

Interesting take.  I don't think Chantal has an issue with Pedro sending money to his family per se; I think her issue is that he's spending/sending large amounts of money for non-necessities while they're supposed to be planning for their future.  Helping his family and saving money here in the U.S. don't have to be mutually exclusive. It seems he views their money as his and hers instead of 'ours', but it's hard to blame him considering the ridiculous pre-nup she had him sign at the behest of her family.  As spoiled as Chantal appears to be, I do think she married Pedro for love and it seems like they're both willing to work hard to make money. They just don't have the same priorities right now...

I don't know that Chantal, who has brand new boobs and possibly a new nose, has much room to talk about what's essential to living and what's not. I think she'd have a problem with any dollar amount going to his family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, seniorpatriot said:

I think Nicole's parents act like they do because she has (many times) threatened to take May to Morroco to stay. That is the reason her dad and stepmom agreed to sponsor him, to keep them from going there. I think all the adults act like this, because of nicole's constant threat of leaving with may. 

It’s her irrational behavior that they are afraid of setting off. She threatens to take May away from them for spite, to control them and manipulate them into doing what she wants them to do. If they were smart they’d either file for custody of May or call Nicole’s bluff and let her go to Morocco, even if she takes May with her. She won’t last long there, no job, no money and no man. She needs some tough love or in the end May will be the one who suffers.

Chantels boobs and how she paid for them.....maybe she’s getting grants for school and spending the money for boobs and other non school related stuff.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

I rather doubt that she can actually 'read' anything.  :)

lol! You might be right, maybe it’s those Hallmark or Lifetime made for TV movies? I can see her lolling around in bed watching a movie marathon and polishing off a dozen or two donuts.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I so feel for Russ.  I think he is the one who had the most pure intentions going into all this.  He met a girl, in person, fell in love, and wants to make a life with her.  It depresses my hair too.  Pao is delusional.  

8 hours ago, Mothra said:

I think Pao is the most selfish person I've ever seen.  When she's in Miami, she might as well be back in Colombia.  She hangs out with friends who all speak Spanish and lives a single life.  The only "work" we've seen her doing, besides that music video, has looked to me like posing for a pinup calendar.  Is she supporting herself?  Do she and Russ actually live together?  And what is he doing now?  Poor guy, poor stupid guy.  I'd love to see him ditch her and move back to Oklahoma, get a good job and have a wonderful life.  And he is the only one who didn't go looking for a (non-liberated) foreign bride, so he really deserves better.  But boy, Pao got one look at Miami, and Russ was toast.

I agree about Russ and Pao. I feel for Russ. He chose someone who is his equal, he's  low drama, responsible, seems genuine, isn't mean/spiteful, and truly seems like a good guy. Pao also once seemed genuine and was enjoyable to watch, but not now. She's always seemed somewhat self-absorbed, but she's changed so much, and not in a good way. 

They were one of the couples I thought would be fine, but I have a feeling things are much worse than what we're seeing here. I hope that some of the drama is for TV. I don't like to see good people get hurt, and Russ seems like a good guy who deserves better.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't know that Chantal, who has brand new boobs and possibly a new nose, has much room to talk about what's essential to living and what's not. I think she'd have a problem with any dollar amount going to his family.

Yep.

I suspect she, and her family, are more pissed that they don't have total control over Pedro.  He isn't just kowtowing to their demands about what he should do and how to behave.  Family Chantal expected a dumb foreigner who would just go along with whatever.

• Love 10
(edited)

Hurray! We are all back together again - same bat time. Same bat channel. And not a moment too soon for me because Teen Mom 2 just go so trashy last night that I can't even bring myself to post anymore. I could barely watch. Yikes. 

With that said, my take away from this new season is

Second verse same at the first, but a little bit louder and a little bit worse.

Yikes, the parental dysfunction is this episode is so horrible that I want to stage an intervention or a kidnapping to rescue May and Kensley by a stealth nighttime raid. It's really hard to watch Kensley shut down emotionally on national TV while her mother's psychopathic muppet of a boy toy says snide things to her while her "mother" mocks her for her silence. And Jabba the Blond is almost as bad as she lounges on a filthy bed in her filthy dwelling while May sits by listlessly losing IQ points from a total lack of stimulation. Jesus, I have seen meth heads keep a cleaner more organized home than Nicole. It's like a step below a drug den. As other' have said, a great way to pass time is to clean your fucking house. Course, as other have alluded also, Nicole may be working on her next reality project. Life Before My 600 Pound Life - When I Weighed Only Half a Ton.  If Azan does make it to America, he may actually bolt before the 90 days because no green card is worth living in that squalor with a 300 pound toddler. 

As for Pedro and Chantal - wash rinse and repeat with the whole Baby, baby, baby I have to send money home. No, you have spend money for our family and future. I used to sort of defend Pedro's family, but I am finally over it. When is mom said that he owed her, she lost me forever. I can't stand people who say manipulative shit like that. But I also can't stand Chantal's hypocrisy either. She acts like Pedro owes her a lifestyle - a lifestyle he couldn't possible afford, even without the indentured servitude to his harpies family in the DR. And the prenup was just a little bit dumb because it reinforces Perdro's sense of his money and her money. Course it was a lot more dumb to marry a blue collar guy and expect to live like the wife of a CEO. And as for saving and planning for the future, I would believe a lot more in that BS line if her first concerns weren't a diamond ring, TWO big weddings, and new boobs. We see you, Chantal. 

And yeah, the whole lets mail a TV to the DR was totally fake. Pedro may not be the brightest bulb, but he has to know the cost of postage and the very real risk that that shit would some how go missing at the border when some customs official/border guard saw that baby and got some seriously sticky fingers. And bulshit that his mother would actually be pissed at getting cold hard cash instead of wasting $1,000 bucks on shipping. The money saved on shipping is just more money for her to squeeze out of Pedro at a later date. 

As for Jorge, Holy Shit! He is like one Incel Rage Machine waiting to explode into a mass shooting. He is one unbelievable sack of shit. I just can't get over how he lied about being a millionaire and the lifestyle he could offer Anfisa. And it really galls me that he somehow sweeps that under the rug and paints himself as the victim when Anfisa isn't thrilled about living the rest of her life in squalor when all Jorge has to offer is a marvelous set of manbobs, loads of debt, and one bitch sister who calls her a gold digging whore whenever she can. 

Obviously, I am Team Anfisa on this one. Granted she is a violent hellcat to be sure, but I could take her. I have a few inches and dress sizes on her and the benefit of a better diet while growing up. I gotta give that hellcat credit though for being honest. She doesn't bullshit. She doesn't manipulate. And she isn't lazy. She is out their hustling to take care of herself because she isn't getting any money form Jorge. I may not like her methods, but I much rather sit down and have a drink with her than manipulator Nicole or lazy Annie or even Pao who tries to hide  her selfishness under a string of Mi Amors while she manipulates Russ and beats him down emotionally while pretending to love him and care about him. I just loved it when she told Russ he would have to accept her family's emotional beat downs because they were mad at him that Pao hadn't been home in a few years. Bitch, please, skip a few hair treatments and you have the cash for a Miami - Bogota flight. If your precious family were so important to you, you could have made other choices. She just going to use Russ until he is depleted emotionally and she has burned through all his cash. Than she will hook up with some 60 year old "rich" retiree with a tract house on a golf course. He'll play golf an she will sneak out with Juan and whatever john sidepiece du jour she can find. 

'

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Chantel can totally miss me with her "concerns", every one of which has been planted by her interfering parents and strangely, creepily, over-invested brother. That Pedro's family are unlikeable and grifty is neither here nor there. He is her husband and she needs to tell her parents to butt out. How Chantel can sit there while her parents and her brother talk smack right to his face sickens me. She started this with her lie, and blandly let Pedro take the fall. I don't care how punchable he is, she MARRIED him. They are partners now. That said, I can't stand either of them, but I really can't stand Chantel's pretentious, snobby mother, and her stupid tiny hats.

I'm glad someone else finds him creepy.  He is far too interested in who his sister is sleeping with.  It almost borders on jealousy that Chantel isn't into him or pay attention to him like she does Pedro, her husband.  Her and Pedro dealing with the BS from her parents is one thing as they are her parents and you have to respect that to a certain point, but little brother?  He can fuck right off and take several seats.  Take a clue from the other, silent sibling in that family and let Chantel handle her own marriage. 

• Love 20

Pedro's parents are grasping, greedy, grifty, not at all likeable and terrible people, plus the old lady is racist AF (this "pure Dominican" crap is causing and has caused untold misery in the DR and shame on her for promoting it). BUT they don't impugn Chantel's character to her face, in front of Pedro. That's why I dislike Chantel's parents more. They were unbelievably rude to Pedro's grandmother, who'd been cooking and preparing all day for their visit. They constantly put Pedro down, in his presence. They also talk shit about him behind his back.

19 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Course it was a lot more dumb to marry a blue collar guy and expect to live like the wife of a CEO. And as for saving and planning for the future, I would believe a lot more in that BS line if her first concerns weren't a diamond ring, TWO big weddings, and new boobs. We see you, Chantal. 

And this. @Chickabiddy, once more I concur with every word of your post. Come join me on the Team Anfisa couch. We have mimosas.

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro's parents are grasping, greedy, grifty, not at all likeable and terrible people, plus the old lady is racist AF (this "pure Dominican" crap is causing and has caused untold misery in the DR and shame on her for promoting it). BUT they don't impugn Chantel's character to her face, in front of Pedro. That's why I dislike Chantel's parents more. They were unbelievably rude to Pedro's grandmother, who'd been cooking and preparing all day for their visit. They constantly put Pedro down, in his presence. They also talk shit about him behind his back.

And this. @Chickabiddy, once more I concur with every word of your post. Come join me on the Team Anfisa couch. We have mimosas.

Love it, @Pepper Mostly! I'll be right over with a bottle of gin. When the OJ runs out, we can make French 75s. ;-) Cuz I concur with basically everything you write. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Love it, @Pepper Mostly! I'll be right over with a bottle of gin. When the OJ runs out, we can make French 75s. ;-) Cuz I concur with basically everything you write. 

LOL, we are PTV besties! I bake, too, so we can eat cookies to soak up the booze!

• Love 1
On 5/21/2018 at 9:03 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

"Geez, Nicole, time to make the acquaintance of Mr. Mop and Miss Broom! Clean that shithole of an apartment if you're bored!"

I watched this with my husband and he said "Clearly not using that nervous energy to clean..."

These are such garbage fire people and I love all of them. So excited this show is back! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 5/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Someone is going to end up calling DCF on her after seeing that vomitous apartment (hotel room?)

Pretty sure it's some version of Section 8 housing in Bradenton where they bought and "refurbished" (barely, maybe just renamed) one of the old dumpy no-tell motels. 

I was sure, for the first 10 minutes or so of the show, that we'd see a "the actor playing the part of Russ this season is Johnny Bagoballs." I can't believe it's the same person.

How could normally reasonably intelligent Chantal not have asked in advance at that Fed Ex packing store "can you give us an estimate as to how much will it COST to ship this TV to the Dominican Republic?" And could they simply not get a good take of that clerk not smirking?

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You two are hysterical - I can't read PTV while drinking a fluid or it comes back up, if ya know what I mean!!!

12 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

And his dumb sister is all up in arms like he's a saint and Anfisa is a sinner. Jorge's sister is as loathsome as he is

Here is a list of phrases that her poor innocent victim of a brother uttered on the show. He's warning the viewers that one day he will murder a woman:

• I want revenge
  • I'll be mean
  • I'm just resentful
  • I just went off
  • I lied to hurt her
  • I'm gonna make you look bad
  • You don't think, you just react

Seriously - he should watch his choice of words although that horse is out of the gate now.  Those words are serious sh*t.

• Love 7

I felt disgusted with myself watching this. After watching the beautiful Royal Wedding, to sink so low as to watch this shite, and yet I did...sort of... I really had to FF through most of it because it's more of the same drivel. Nothing new to see here folks. TLC really is invested in these losers arent they?! What happened to that sadass sack known as Larry?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Chantel can totally miss me with her "concerns", every one of which has been planted by her interfering parents and strangely, creepily, over-invested brother. That Pedro's family are unlikeable and grifty is neither here nor there. He is her husband and she needs to tell her parents to butt out. How Chantel can sit there while her parents and her brother talk smack right to his face sickens me. She started this with her lie, and blandly let Pedro take the fall. I don't care how punchable he is, she MARRIED him. They are partners now. That said, I can't stand either of them, but I really can't stand Chantel's pretentious, snobby mother, and her stupid tiny hats.

As I recall, when Pedro was on the phone his mom and sister were talking crap about Chantel.  She even commented on it in her voice over.

Family Pedro and Family Chantel just need to butt out.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I missed this trainwreck of a telly show. Where to begin?

Russ depresses me. His hair, his body language, and just overall everything screams, "I'm keeping up appearances." Pao is a selfish individual. I don't understand why he would take a major pay cut for her to be a glorified video girl and live some fantasy in Miami. He should've cut his ties and moved on long ago. And he has to face Juan again? I couldn't vibe with someone who openly disrespected my spouse and our marriage. I don't play that. Ol boy would've had to kick rocks, He just looks depressed and resolute. He has become a doormat. I'm tired of hearing about her careeeeerrrr. Pao, give it up and secure a job that doesn't require parading around in $9.95 pre-worn lingerie. I'm not feeling that red hair at all. Ariel called, and she wants her look back, babes.

Anfisa and Jorge. He scares me A LOT. He has taken such a dark turn. Dude is out here acting like the black spiderman and like he came into contact with the venom that made him bad. Anfisa was abusive and all of that, so I can't excuse that. He lied to get her over here, and she had a right to be mad. She didn't have a right to throw stuff at him last season and be verbally abusive. Cut your ties and be done, girl. She seems to be doing OK for herself. I don't know how he's managed to get off without covering her expenses. Bruh, you're still responsible for her, and if she goes on public benefits, you'll be responsible for paying them back. It seems like she's doing better than him for sure. She was always upfront about her wishes and what she wanted in an arrangement. He's the liar.

Chantel and Pedro. She's a CNA at a nursing home, and she's in nursing school. (Someone asked earlier in the thread.) Family Pedro is the worst. They've been going on and on about that TV. People I know who send help and items home don't send large flat screens. They request things that are functional, hard to find, or overpriced. His mum and sister want to be kept, and while I understand honouring your mother and taking care of family, your wife comes before them. If they're constantly spending, spending, spending, they'll never make any progress. I don't foresee him stopping anytime soon because look at how his mum acted when she found out he wasn't sending the TV. Family Chantel is no better.

Why is is Nicole on here? They're not married, and they haven't even started the 90 days. She should be on Before the 90 Days/90 Day Fiance if we have to deal with her. All of these other couples are married and have been for quite some time. She's a trainwreck, and Hassan/Azan is playing her like a fool. I cringe hard as hell when May calls him daddy. Why would you teach your child to call some random man daddy? And shoutout to whoever said her parents should take control and have her declared legally stupid. Amen to that. Her shoebox was nasty. Has that floor ever seen a vaccum or even a broom? Yuck. What does she do all day? I mean other than waiting for Azan to call and stop ignoring her calls. 

Penguin and Annie. He lost all that weight, and he has gained most of it back. I don't EVER EVER EVERRRR want to hear about their sex life again. He's such a sad sack. McDonald's is usually hiring 365 days a year. You live in a major city, so there's really no reason why you can't secure some type of employment. You want to be a kept bitch who does lunches and goes to the country club to golf all day, and Nikki cut that off at the knees. Now, act like a grown man and take care of your wife. 

Molly and Luis. He creeps me out. His eyes are so dead. There's just something so off about him. Olivia was the most mature one. Like she said, she's going away to university and she wants to make sure her baby sister will be OK. Molly's only response was to taunt the little girl about how she's suddenly being quiet. Umm ma'am, she clearly doesn't trust him and has shut down. She was a fool to marry him and then take him back after he left. He's not interested in being your husband or being a stepfather.

Reveal hidden contents

It's a great thing they're divorced now, and Molly was smart enough to protect her assets like her business, home, and vehicle.

Yes, to all of this, AussieBabe! Luis seems twisted somehow and Molly is an even bigger fool for pushing her daughter onto him. She needs to invest in a proper babysitter, even if it cuts into her manicure and legging budget. Mohamed didn't care for Danielle, but Danielle gave him so many more reasons to be put off by her. While Molly is loud and needy, at least she can take care of his ass financially. And, Mohamed was, for the most part, respectful to her daughters from what I could tell.  He ignored them. He didn't hit on them. Luis, on the other hand, seemed delighted when he was upsetting Molly's little girl. You could even see it in his eyes when he made Molly go off about the whole "bruha" thing. He was delighted! He enjoys the suffering of others. He is one sick pup. And Molly is stupid. Commitment to marriage, ha! Molly is just being weak.

Jorge is definitely Dark Spiderman. With Anfisa, at least he sees everything that he's getting. (Often in the most revealing manner of dress possible.) Jorge is sneaky, dark, and angry. I shudder to think about what he's capable of.

Something's seriously wrong with Penguin's brain because it does not register shame. Pawning his wife's jewelry on national television? Was he like this before the stroke? Chris offered him a good job managing a restaurant, and David turned it down. That's the best offer that David ever would have gotten from anybody, ever. I keep forgetting that he's not yet 50. He looks like he's ready for a retirement home!

Azan's home was neat and clean. While I haven't been there, I'm assuming it had good air quality. How will he fare in Nicole's litter box, pushing that marshmallow off of him 24-7? Welcome to hell, Azan. You won't know how to get around or where to find the fresh food that you're used to eating. You won't have any friends except for some disapproving new relatives and a wife who is pawing at you constantly.

Family Chantel are stupid Americans afraid to meet Pedro's grandma but okay with leaving their daughter there even though they thought she might get eaten by wild dogs? Pedro's family is greedy and he's still putting them first. Maybe he's building up a nest egg so that he can go back and live in style?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

People I know who send help and items home don't send large flat screens. They request things that are functional, hard to find, or overpriced.

Yes, like how about non perishable food, hygiene products or similar?  Oh yeah.....because they can sell that flat screen for cash.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Pretty sure it's some version of Section 8 housing in Bradenton where they bought and "refurbished" (barely, maybe just renamed) one of the old dumpy no-tell motels. 

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by a local that Nicole's apartment was either section 8 or subsidized housing complex. I wonder if Nicole has thought ahead and knows that bringing Azan here will likely disqualify her for being able to keep her apartment. If he is not able to work for the first year or more and Nicole in the last 3 years has been unable to find or be motivated to find more then part time low wage food industry work , I guess her mom or dad better be getting the guest room ready. 

3 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Luis seems twisted somehow and Molly is an even bigger fool for pushing her daughter onto him. She needs to invest in a proper babysitter, even if it cuts into her manicure and legging budget. Mohamed didn't care for Danielle, but Danielle gave him so many more reasons to be put off by her. While Molly is loud and needy, at least she can take care of his ass financially. And, Mohamed was, for the most part, respectful to her daughters from what I could see.

While Mohamed seemed alright around Danielle's kids before the marriage, I was pretty disgusted that he dragged them into the divorce. Danielle and Mohammed went back and forth on the social media stuff and Mohammed loved to call the police on her. Fine that if it was between them, they were 2 foolish adults. Mohammed called the police on her daughters over social media posts and computer use. The time that made me feel really bad is when he called on her daughter that had the learning disability and was pushing for her to get arrested over something silly like using the computer. From the report the poor girl was scared. I know Danielle is very needy but she should have waited 4-5 years to go looking for an overseas man when all her kids were grown and out of the house. Then she could be as foolish as she wanted with her choices.

I also can't believe Pedro and Chantel had no idea of the cost of the tv, I'm sure Chantel sent Pedro plenty of gifts in the DR  before they married (even if it was just teddy bears and framed pictures) to understand shipping costs. There is something off about Chantel and money. They live in the studio apartment (that she complains about),yet she drives a nice car and is going back to school for a different degree. She is 26 and on her 3rd different major/career and complaining about the money Pedro could wants to send home. They need to sit down and just lay the money on the table. She needs to admit her debt and her future school costs and they need to have a budget. I don't think it is realistic he will give up sending money home, so they need to agree on a dollar amount or percentage. Like 10% of Pedro's money can be sent home, so if he wants to send more, he better find a good job. Maybe Melanie and Devar should have a crossover episode with Chantel and Pedro so Melanie can explain how sending money home has worked with them (Dont bring that cute baby Melanie, Chantel does not need a kid yet). 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2018 at 2:48 PM, seacliffsal said:

I wish Pao would just go to Columbia.  And stay.  And stay off of t.v.  Hopefully, Russ will finally realize that he just needs to cut his losses and head back to Oklahoma.

Especially since the only Spanish he knows is mi amor.

Am I the only one who thinks Annie might have been Andy?

Molly is some kind of desperate - or myopic to think that rat face Luis was hot.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Especially since the only Spanish he knows is mi amor.

Am I the only one who thinks Annie might have been Andy?

Molly is some kind of desperate - or myopic to think that rat face Luis was hot.

Maybe Annie still is Andy..David does seem to have an unnatural attachment to Chris. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by a local that Nicole's apartment was either section 8 or subsidized housing complex. I wonder if Nicole has thought ahead and knows that bringing Azan here will likely disqualify her for being able to keep her apartment. If he is not able to work for the first year or more and Nicole in the last 3 years has been unable to find or be motivated to find more then part time low wage food industry work , I guess her mom or dad better be getting the guest room ready. 

While Mohamed seemed alright around Danielle's kids before the marriage, I was pretty disgusted that he dragged them into the divorce. Danielle and Mohammed went back and forth on the social media stuff and Mohammed loved to call the police on her. Fine that if it was between them, they were 2 foolish adults. Mohammed called the police on her daughters over social media posts and computer use. The time that made me feel really bad is when he called on her daughter that had the learning disability and was pushing for her to get arrested over something silly like using the computer. From the report the poor girl was scared. I know Danielle is very needy but she should have waited 4-5 years to go looking for an overseas man when all her kids were grown and out of the house. Then she could be as foolish as she wanted with her choices.

I also can't believe Pedro and Chantel had no idea of the cost of the tv, I'm sure Chantel sent Pedro plenty of gifts in the DR  before they married (even if it was just teddy bears and framed pictures) to understand shipping costs. There is something off about Chantel and money. They live in the studio apartment (that she complains about),yet she drives a nice car and is going back to school for a different degree. She is 26 and on her 3rd different major/career and complaining about the money Pedro could wants to send home. They need to sit down and just lay the money on the table. She needs to admit her debt and her future school costs and they need to have a budget. I don't think it is realistic he will give up sending money home, so they need to agree on a dollar amount or percentage. Like 10% of Pedro's money can be sent home, so if he wants to send more, he better find a good job. Maybe Melanie and Devar should have a crossover episode with Chantel and Pedro so Melanie can explain how sending money home has worked with them (Dont bring that cute baby Melanie, Chantel does not need a kid yet). 

I agree with everything you wrote and hope people from the show will read it and learn from it. Unless Pedro has plans to abandon Chantel and slip back to the DR, they do need to lay out their bills and make a plan! 

Good point about Mo. He did not hesitate to use Dani's kids as pawns for his own ends, and she let him. Her son was damaged the most by this. He has a permanent criminal record for threatening to throw Mo out a window, something I seriously doubt he would have ever done! That's probably one of the lowest things Dani has ever done, and she never really did own up to it, but I digress. While I'm at it, I'll add that her smarmy "apology" seemed enjoyable to her because it was an opportunity to talk about her pet, obsession, Mo. Where she should have been feeling deep shame, she felt glee and justification.

Anyway, Mo would use her kids, but I don't think he would go out of his way to hurt them just for the hell of it. And, he always seemed gentle with young children. (There were lots of photos on her page of him holding little kids, smiling. I think he must have grown up around younger cousins or whatever.) Compare that to Luis, who seems to get off on taunting a little child, and that's what he will do in front of a camera. Imagine how he gets when he's alone with her, feeling resentful, and the small child is getting on his nerves! Luis hurts people for the sake of hurting them, and children are not immune to this. On the contrary, they are easier targets! He's a very sick pup. Mo is a prince by comparison, and that's saying something because we all know Mo is a cad. And Molly is STUPID! She watched it happen on camera and she's still pushing that child on him. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Molly seems like the type of mom who could walk in on Luis abusing her daughters and would make excuses for him. Ugh!

EXACTLY! The way Luis treated her younger daughter on camera last season was disturbing, telling her that HE was her dad, and then getting angry with the little girl when she put up her brave defense that she had her own dad. She was right! And how cruel because it was obvious that her biological father wasn't in the picture very often. Luis pushed and pushed. It's obvious that he gets off on hurting people. That happened again and again. I know I'm stuck on this subject, but I've completely lost respect for Molly. Not only was Luis around her daughters again, but she pushed them on him. I hate to think of Luis spending hours on end alone with that vulnerable little girl. I shudder to think of how he would behave when he felt angry and resentful. After all, he's angry that he had to return to Molly in the first place. He seems to resent rich Americans. And what a sense of entitlement he has... last season he quickly claimed her house as his own when he was there. 

• Love 7